ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

O.city 03-20-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170283)
Yeah, Reiter was not good, lads.

I'm not real sure where that narrative came from apart from the same folks that said "Hey, Jah Reid was pretty decent when he filled in for Fisher!" because he didn't trip over his feet every snap.

He wasn't even an average starting center. He proved himself quality depth and I guess a viable emergency starter if you just cannot do better, but that's a guy who you're looking to replace every single off-season if you're starting him.

I'd rather teach Wylie to snap than run for another season with Reiter. I wasn't terribly impressed by him at all.

He wasn't total ass. I'll give him that and that alone seems to get fans to think "hey, he's not bad".

I get that you're gonna have to go cheap somewhere on this team and get production out of and maybe the interior OL is a place for that.

It's not where i'd do it, but that's just me.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170286)
2nd round picks are rarely 'serious impact talent'.

Especially not in their first year.

I'd gladly part with one of the 2nds to get the right guy in the 1st.

Those 2nds are so far back in the 2nd and you're gonna have to go so far up in the first to get someone i'm guessing you want, I don't know that it's possible.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:12 AM

Chiefs get:

Vikings 2019 1st round pick (#18)
Trae Waynes, CB

Vikings get:

Chiefs 2019 1st round pick (#29)
Chiefs 2019 5th round pick
Chiefs 2020 3rd round pick
Cameron Erving, OG

Yes? No?

Hoover 03-20-2019 10:12 AM

I think the value, especially in this draft, is to use all four of our draft picks in rounds 1-3. We need the depth and the influx of youth. And I don't think there is anyone in the bottom half of the first round that is a "must get."

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170286)
2nd round picks are rarely 'serious impact talent'.

Especially not in their first year.

I'd gladly part with one of the 2nds to get the right guy in the 1st.

I’m just talking about not using 3 out of the 4 we have.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Really would have been nice to have that Dee Ford be the 9ers 2nd this year.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170287)
He wasn't total ass. I'll give him that and that alone seems to get fans to think "hey, he's not bad".

I get that you're gonna have to go cheap somewhere on this team and get production out of and maybe the interior OL is a place for that.

It's not where i'd do it, but that's just me.

I'd be willing to cut some corners at G, but C has too many assignment responsibilities and can be ganged up on way too easily. I think it's far easier to help out a G and a DL has to overshift/give away it's plan to really pick on one. Meanwhile you can attack a C from a pretty conventional formation and unless your G (on both sides) are smart as hell, it's pretty tough for them to help out.

Yeah, it may not be a bad idea to save some draft/cap capital on the interior OL, but C isn't where I'd choose to do it.

O.city 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170291)
Chiefs get:

Trae Waynes, CB

Vikings get:

Cameron Erving, OG

Yes? No?

Waynes? Man, I don't think he's very good. Just grab a guy in the 2nd.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:13 AM

Reiter graded out well according to PFF. It’s not the end all obviously but I think he’ll be fine.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170295)
Really would have been nice to have that Dee Ford be the 9ers 2nd this year.

Hats what I wanted. I was pretty disappointed

O.city 03-20-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14170293)
I think the value, especially in this draft, is to use all four of our draft picks in rounds 1-3. We need the depth and the influx of youth. And I don't think there is anyone in the bottom half of the first round that is a "must get."

One could make the argument because of that, trade up and get someone worth it.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170291)
Chiefs get:

Trae Waynes, CB

Vikings get:

Cameron Erving, OG

Yes? No?

Yep, no hesitation there at all. Erving can easily be replaced by Wylie and I don't think McKenzie is far off at all. They wouldn't take a chance sending him to the PS so they see something there.

I don't think that gets the Vikings attention though. They're giving up the better player and the better pick in that exchange and getting only a 5th plus the immediate equivalent of a 4th (a likely late one at that). That's a pretty poor return.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170304)
Yep, no hesitation there at all. Erving can easily be replaced by Wylie and I don't think McKenzie is far off at all. They wouldn't take a chance sending him to the PS so they see something there.

I don't think that gets the Vikings attention though. They're giving up the better player and the better pick in that exchange and getting only a 5th plus the immediate equivalent of a 4th (a likely late one at that). That's a pretty poor return.

So then throw a 2nd or 3rd in from this year.

RunKC 03-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170275)
Watch a guy by the name of LJ Collier from TCU. He’s an intriguing pass rusher

Uh I hate to tell you this but that guy is literally this years Breeland Speaks. It’s crazy how similar they are.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170302)
One could make the argument because of that, trade up and get someone worth it.

Exactly.

If the back half of the 1st is effectively a 2nd round caliber player, the 'best' use of the pick is to either trade back and get some piddly ass 4th round return for your efforts (and sacrifice the 5th year option) or trade up into true 1st round caliber player range.

I'd absolutely do the latter.