ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Looks like Spagnuolo [favorite for] DC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320843)

RollChiefsRoll 01-23-2019 10:33 AM

Is he going to stand on the sidelines with his thumb up his ass like Bob did?

FloridaMan88 01-23-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14066657)
It's pretty much who I thought it would be.

As much as I wanted him to....Andy wasn't turning over the defense to a young guy with no experience as a DC.

Am I excited? Meh...not really. Is it better than Sutton? Yes.

Maybe now we'll shit can this stupid 3-4 and be aggressive.

If Andy wants an experienced DC, I'd rather have John Fox or Rex Ryan than Spags.

I am still holding out hope for a Kris Richard miracle... ironically he would be the exact type of innovative/young and upcoming coach that Andy usually chooses for his OC/QB coach hires.

He should apply that same strategy towards hiring a new DC.

The Franchise 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14066695)
Some won't like this aspect, but I'm just satisfied they are getting away from the 34. It's just so damn hard to find players for it

This is my silver lining. I think a switch to the 4-3 is going to help out KPass and Speaks immensely. Speaks actually looked halfways decent rushing with his hand in the dirt.

Chris Meck 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Y'all just wait. It's gonna be fine. His '16 defense was very good, the '17 had crucial injuries and the offense cratered too. New Orleans he was ****ed with bounty-gate. St. Louis was an organizational mess at the time.

And I'm a fan of moving away from a 3-4 where you have 260 lb. linebackers trying to cover running backs.

It's good. It'll be fine, and I'll bet they're middle of the pack next year, which should be plenty good enough.

dannybcaitlyn 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14066443)
Spags shut down Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

Good enough for me.

They just about wore leather helmets back then! You should take a look at his recent resume with today’s offenses. No thanks.

Mecca 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Some won't like this aspect, but I'm just satisfied they are getting away from the 34. It's just so damn hard to find players for it

Several of us have said for awhile it was time to move on from that D.

O.city 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Did you guys really think he was going to go out of his comfort zone to hire someone?

It's Andy Reid we're talking about here.

Sassy Squatch 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

That's the only thing I like about this hire.

Best22 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14066504)
Wilks was my guy for sure. Sucks the Colts couldn’t end Sutton one week earlier but getting the monkey off our back was probably more important.

Beating the Colts was the biggest and best moment of the season and it will carry over to next year

Also 1-1 in the playoffs is very important to Mahomes from an experience stand point

staylor26 01-23-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Agreed. I think several of our guys will benefit from that alone.

FAX 01-23-2019 10:35 AM

I have a thought ...

Maybe a blitz-heavy, sizzle-type defense is good. If it works, we get off the field. If it fails, the enemy scores and we get off the field. Either way, we get off the field.

We all know that the secret to success for the Chiefs has to do with the number of possessions our offense gets during a game. More possessions means more points. More points means more pressure on the enemy which means more dropbacks and more blitzes. It's like a snake eating its own tail.

Our offense is the business end of the snake.

FAX

Mecca 01-23-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14066700)
If Andy wants an experienced DC, I'd rather have John Fox or Rex Ryan than Spags.

I am still holding out hope for a Kris Richard miracle... ironically he would be the exact type of innovative/young and upcoming hire that Andy usually makes for his OC/QB coach hires.

He should apply that same strategy towards hiring a new DC.

I don't think Ryan and Andy would be a good mix...Reid is subdued and never says shit while Rex talks shit to the media.

O.city 01-23-2019 10:36 AM

So with the current players under contract, they'll need another LBer to play there in the middle and a pass rusher or two.

KDB 01-23-2019 10:36 AM

Yeah. Not sure this is an upgrade.

Andy, oh Andy.. Sigh.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-23-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 14066703)
They just about wore leather helmets back then! You should take a look at his recent resume with today’s offenses. No thanks.

Yeah the new short passes games have torn him a Spagnuholo.