ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315719)

BigRedChief 07-27-2019 02:24 PM

Ranking them

Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Reserviour Dogs
Kill Bill
Once upon a time in Hollywood
Django
Kill Bill 2
Jackie Brown
Death Proof

Bowser 07-27-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14366376)
Ranking them

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Inglorious Bastards
Django
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
(Once Upon a Time in Hollywood*)

FIFY

*haven't seen it yet

scho63 07-27-2019 02:46 PM

Really looks like a Love it or Leave it movie for most who have seen it.

Easy 6 07-27-2019 02:55 PM

Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

Which will be good enough to earn my $10

EPodolak 07-27-2019 06:39 PM

Just got back from the theater,I enjoyed it. Storytelling turned on it's head, and about storytelling itself. Not as entertaining as some other QT films but definitely a smart movie IMO

underEJ 07-27-2019 07:39 PM

I really enjoyed it. I’ll probably see it again.

Why Not? 07-27-2019 11:12 PM

Just got back from seeing this. I get why some folks didn’t love it. Personally, I thought it was phenomenal! DiCaprio’s character is so great and Pitt was as great as he’s ever been in anything. Like it or not, you cannot tell the story of America without L.A. and L.A. may have never been as important as it was during that time period(it’s not really that big of a deal nowadays). QT takes you on a throwback journey and ties in one of the most horrific, yet interesting pieces of American cultural history. Plus an awesome soundtrack and plenty of Tarantino Easter eggs.

BigRedChief 07-28-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14366983)
Just got back from seeing this. I get why some folks didn’t love it. Personally, I thought it was phenomenal! DiCaprio’s character is so great and Pitt was as great as he’s ever been in anything. Like it or not, you cannot tell the story of America without L.A. and L.A. may have never been as important as it was during that time period(it’s not really that big of a deal nowadays). QT takes you on a throwback journey and ties in one of the most horrific, yet interesting pieces of American cultural history. Plus an awesome soundtrack and plenty of Tarantino Easter eggs.

Pitt and DiCaprio's performances should get Oscar nods.This film highlighted why they are two of the best actors in this era.

As usual the music soundtrack from the era chosen by Tarantino helped provided another layer to the events happening on the screen. He is a master at using music to help tell his vision.

I laughed out loud at one Easter egg that was not so subtle, the poster of the Nazi pic directed by the Italian maestro "Mar-ga-ray-ti!" pronounced the way Pitt pronounce it to Hans when trying to get into the theater in Inglorious Bastards.

Why Not? 07-28-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14367093)
Pitt and DiCaprio's performances should get Oscar nods.This film highlighted why they are two of the best actors in this era.

As usual the music soundtrack from the era chosen by Tarantino helped provided another layer to the events happening on the screen. He is a master at using music to help tell his vision.

I laughed out loud at one Easter egg that was not so subtle, the poster of the Nazi pic directed by the Italian maestro "Mar-ga-ray-ti!" pronounced the way Pitt pronounce it to Hans when trying to get into the theater in Inglorious Bastards.

Yeah I loved that one!

scho63 07-28-2019 01:57 PM

One of the movie junkies here at Amazon saw it and said it was one of his favorite Tarantino movies!

Pepe Silvia 07-28-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14366421)
Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

Which will be good enough to earn my $10

This was my opinion of the film.

Predarat 07-28-2019 03:28 PM

Tough to rank Tarrantino films because I really like them all, but this is mine for now, I change them some when I see them again, and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood could change too.

My top 3
Pulp Fiction
Resevoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds

Awesome
Jackie Brown
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Kill Bill 2
Kill Bill 1

Really good
Django
Hateful Eight
Deathproof

Bowser 07-28-2019 04:23 PM

It was a nostalgia bomb of a movie, I'll give it that. For the rest....I'm not really sure. It's somewhere between a big fat "meh" and pretty damned entertaining at different points and spots throughout. Good job by the actors and it's shot beautifully, though.

Sorry 07-29-2019 12:10 AM

Last 20 mins was my wife's and I fav part. I want more Brad and leo duos

Pennywise 07-29-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14367093)

Ouch.

Quote:

Before we get the Technicolor soap opera version headed for primetime, we must suffer through two and a half hours of dropping a multitude of forgotten Hollywood names from Virna Lisi to Audie Murphy, accompanied by a floating toxic cloud of numbing, bubble gum rock.
https://observer.com/2019/07/once-up...bbie-rex-reed/