ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201588)

Titty Meat 02-02-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5451716)
Gonzo and Bowe aren't anywhere close to Moss and Welker. He threw 20 TDs to arguably one of the most talented WRs of our time....and Welker is a damn good WR.

Gonzo is the most talented Tight end of our time? You aren't giving Bowe much credit he's a good a reciever.

RustShack 02-02-2009 03:07 PM

I'll take a QB with the potential to be great instead of a serviceable starter. We already have Thigpen, why the hell would we wan't Cassel?

The Franchise 02-02-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5451729)
Gonzo is the most talented Tight end of our time? You aren't giving Bowe much credit he's a good a reciever.

Gonzo has maybe 1-2 years left.....IF he doesn't get traded.

Bowe is a good receiver who drops WAYYYYY too many balls.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-02-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRon (Post 5451190)
Yes, you are right, that's restricted FA.

But bottom line is the same: if a team was going to make a play for him, they would negotiate the compensation first to make sure it would make sense and it can be for less than 2 1st round picks.

Totally. Honestly though, for me I wouldn't want him and the Pats first round pick for our 7th. I don't want anywhere near that 15 million he's getting next season. He's flat out not worth it.

Titty Meat 02-02-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5451743)
Gonzo has maybe 1-2 years left.....IF he doesn't get traded.

Bowe is a good receiver who drops WAYYYYY too many balls.

Those are good points. If you look at the leaders in dropped balls though you'll see most of them are elite WR's. I think Haley will be our next coach and Bowe will improve. He's only played 2 seasons and has already set team records.

RustShack 02-02-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5451759)
Those are good points. If you look at the leaders in dropped balls though you'll see most of them are elite WR's. I think Haley will be our next coach and Bowe will improve. He's only played 2 seasons and has already set team records.

You keep on believing what the media tells you buddy.

Titty Meat 02-02-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5451766)
You keep on believing what the media tells you buddy.

Keep trying to peigon hole the debate cause you have nothing of substance to offer, buddy.

RustShack 02-02-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5451773)
Keep trying to peigon hole the debate cause you have nothing of substance to offer, buddy.

I bet you were devastated when Carl stepped down, what you want are Carl moves.

Titty Meat 02-02-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5451775)
I bet you were devastated when Carl stepped down, what you want are Carl moves.

lol trading for players is carl moves? You do know that the Patriots traded for veterans and signed older players right? Actually I called Jack hairys show after the San Diego game and said Carl should be fired and we should go after Pioli & Josh McDaniels.

DaKCMan AP 02-02-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5451780)
lol trading for players is carl moves? You do know that the Patriots traded for veterans and signed older players right? Actually I called Jack hairys show after the San Diego game and said Carl should be fired and we should go after Pioli & Josh McDaniels.

The Patriots traded for some vets, but drafted every QB who has started a game for them for the last 15 years.

Thread over.

Titty Meat 02-02-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5451791)
The Patriots traded for some vets, but drafted every QB who has started a game for them for the last 15 years.

Thread over.

And that has to do with Cassell being a good QB because...?

Rausch 02-02-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5451791)

Thread over.

Two of which went to super bowls...

Titty Meat 02-02-2009 03:30 PM

Are you saying Matt Sanchez or Matt Stafford will be Tom Brady?

DaKCMan AP 02-02-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5451804)
Are you saying Matt Sanchez or Matt Stafford will be Tom Brady?

7 of the last 8 Super Bowl Champions drafted their SB winning QB. You'll find that teams that win SBs more often than not draft and develop their own franchise QB.

noa 02-02-2009 03:50 PM

I'm too lazy to read this whole thread, so this is probably a re-post, but I just don't understand why the Pats would trade away Cassel when they have no idea when Brady will be back to full strength. I understand there's a timetable for his return, but who knows how long it will take for him to actually be back to form.