ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry on track for December return (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318933)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13910137)
I bet they might play and not be a cancer to the franchise.

I don't know, Stinky's vertical ain't what it used to be...

Flying High D 11-22-2018 06:35 PM

Oddball ain’t that bad against the slot.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13910148)
Oddball ain’t that bad against the slot.

Cornbread has a gleam!

NJChiefsFan 11-22-2018 06:52 PM

If it plays out that he comes back late and helps us in a playoff game then this entire saga was worth it in my mind. Especially if we got the 1 seed. If we do, having him wouldn't have improved anything during regular season play. If that doesn't happen, then I will get mad.

Sannyasi 11-22-2018 07:02 PM

People are literally mad that a cancer survivor isn't in good enough shape to play the most violent sport in history... some of you have lost your minds. Berry should've been doing charity events, not trying to play football. He should have never been given that contract to begin with, but you can't blame him for not being in physical shape to play. Its on the owner/GM (depending on which version of events you believe) for making the riskiest signing I've ever seen, not the player.

CupidStunt 11-22-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13910163)
If it plays out that he comes back late and helps us in a playoff game then this entire saga was worth it in my mind. Especially if we got the 1 seed. If we do, having him wouldn't have improved anything during regular season play. If that doesn't happen, then I will get mad.

This, plus in reality there is no "saga." The Chiefs simply don't want to provide all the gory details and I don't blame them for that; no other (competent) team does, either. Look at the Pats for example. It's definitely frustrating since I always hoped he'd be back this week... or the next week... or the one after, but at the same time I didn't work myself up over it like so many people here. It is what it is. Cross fingers he's back ASAP.

GloryDayz 11-22-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 13910176)
People are literally mad that a cancer survivor isn't in good enough shape to play the most violent sport in history... some of you have lost your minds. Berry should've been doing charity events, not trying to play football. He should have never been given that contract to begin with, but you can't blame him for not being in physical shape to play. Its on the owner/GM (depending on which version of events you believe) for making the riskiest signing I've ever seen, not the player.

I think it was a stupid contract, I think most of us do, but make no mistake, Berry sold himself as a player, not as a Fathead wall sticker!

TEX 11-22-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13910018)
Yeah sadly this seems like the most likely. I can't think of one injured player who came back and played 100% late in the season. Seems like we've always got guys banged up and when they come back they're obviously not ready to go.

Please prove me wrong Eric!

Bob Sanders did it several years back for the Colts. He was a real difference maker in the playoffs. But yea, the list of players who also accomplished this is not a long one.

NJChiefsFan 11-22-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 13910200)
This, plus in reality there is no "saga." The Chiefs simply don't want to provide all the gory details and I don't blame them for that; no other (competent) team does, either. Look at the Pats for example. It's definitely frustrating since I always hoped he'd be back this week... or the next week... or the one after, but at the same time I didn't work myself up over it like so many people here. It is what it is. Cross fingers he's back ASAP.

I agree. The saga seems to lie more with the fans than the media, and especially the players. I don't care about the contract, the pain threshold, ect. I only care if he helps us when it counts. If he doesn't, I'll be in line with the rest.

Flying High D 11-22-2018 08:20 PM

^ See you soon in line, say hi to Tumbleweed.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-23-2018 10:59 AM

I'm dreaming of this scenario for the next few months.

Eric Berry transitions back into his starting role throughout December ahead of the playoffs, knocking off rust, getting back in shape for a run. He helps the Chiefs dominate their way to the Super Bowl, where....

In his home town of Atlanta, whether it be against the Saints, Rams, or whoever, Berry makes that one game changing play that ultimately wins the Chiefs their first championship since 1970. He's that type of player to do it, and we've seen it before. It would be poetic justice, a true storybook ending. All of the frustration and confusion of this saga becomes worth it. Berry fulfills his destiny and cements his legacy in Kansas City.

TEX 11-23-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13910713)

Eric Berry transitions back into his starting role throughout December ahead of the playoffs, knocking off rust, getting back in shape for a run. He helps the Chiefs dominate their way to the Super Bowl, where....

In his home town of Atlanta, whether it be against the Saints, Rams, or whoever, Berry makes that one game changing play that ultimately wins the Chiefs their first championship since 1970. He's that type of player to do it, and we've seen it before. It would be poetic justice, a true storybook ending. All of the frustration and confusion of this saga becomes worth it. Berry fulfills his destiny and cements his legacy in Kansas City.

Love it! :thumb:

Easy 6 11-23-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13910713)

Wow, go ahead and dish me up some of that

ThaVirus 11-23-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13910142)
Let's hear it for Justin Houston for being such a huge factor in our last game and always bringing it.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but Houston had the strip sack that led to the go-ahead TD with only a few minutes left.

Bugeater 11-23-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 13910176)

He pushed for that contract...soooo....no.