ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Holladay 11-15-2022 11:10 AM

The show surprised me.

PunkinDrublic 11-16-2022 05:21 PM

Anybody watching king of Tulsa yet? It’s on Paramount and I’m going to watch it next?

Buehler445 11-16-2022 07:07 PM

Is it on the channel? I don't really want to pay for Paramount Plus

Coochie liquor 11-16-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 16608842)
Anybody watching king of Tulsa yet? It’s on Paramount and I’m going to watch it next?

Is that the one about the gay cowboys??

PunkinDrublic 11-17-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16608950)
Is it on the channel? I don't really want to pay for Paramount Plus

Yeah, I don’t blame you. I already had it because I wanted to watch the new Beavis and Butthead episodes. The first episode is great but then you have to wait until Sunday for them to release the next one. So annoying.

TwistedChief 11-21-2022 03:17 PM

White Lotus season 2 is outstanding.

Coochie liquor 11-21-2022 04:01 PM

Tokyo Vice was really well written. Great show, looking very forward to season 2.

Bowser 11-23-2022 09:43 PM

Anyone watching The Peripheral on Prime? I'm only a few episodes in, but it has me hooked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bRdkRQzcrrc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 11-23-2022 11:32 PM

I had a Butt load of office work to do so I put on Justified. I’ve been through it so I didn’t need to pay much attention.

On the rewatch it’s really good. I remember some of the Boyd stuff being cringey but man I really enjoyed it. Maybe because it is low-load and it hit the mood I needed. Plus I knew where it was going so the suspense of this person dying or that didn’t carry the impact it did on the first time through.

But that is some truly elite banter. That verbose southern drawled polite way of saying they’re going to kill the other guy or whatever was really good and never got old.

They really knocked out a good series IMO.

kevrunner 11-24-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16623998)
Anyone watching The Peripheral on Prime? I'm only a few episodes in, but it has me hooked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bRdkRQzcrrc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, it’s got me hooked too, looking forward to tomorrow’s episode.

Iconic 11-24-2022 07:47 PM

No idea if its ever been discussed in this part of the forum or not but Yellowjackets first season was shockingly good.

You'd think it's just some weird teen drama given the nature of the plot but it's so much better and far more sinister. Binged the entire show in about one night and excited as ever living **** for S2. Definitely check it out if you're bored and got the time.

Coochie liquor 11-25-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16625309)
No idea if its ever been discussed in this part of the forum or not but Yellowjackets first season was shockingly good.

You'd think it's just some weird teen drama given the nature of the plot but it's so much better and far more sinister. Binged the entire show in about one night and excited as ever living **** for S2. Definitely check it out if you're bored and got the time.

Been questioning watching this. You just sold me. Will be watching it as soon as we finish Vikings.

TwistedChief 11-26-2022 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16626365)
Been questioning watching this. You just sold me. Will be watching it as soon as we finish Vikings.

Lord of the Flies meets Mean Girls. It’s good.

Holladay 11-26-2022 07:35 PM

Wednesday is surprisingly good. I was never a fan of the Addams Family. I was more Dark Shadows and Munsters fan. So I really didn't get some of the sub plots at first.

Seems Jenna Ortega nails the role. The Thing steals a lot of the show.

It is a little campy type kids school genre similar to Hogwarts themes.

The cinematography great, down to the makeup. It is directed by Tim Burton, which illustrates some of the tenor and the humor sublime.

Worth a watch...

Holladay 11-26-2022 07:38 PM

I was doing a little research on the Thing and found this. I didn't realize The Addams Family" was a cartoon series in the New Yorker in the '30's.

Hum...

Quote:

How is Thing related to The Addams Family?
Image result for Addams family thing
Thing was the creation of Charles Addams, who drew the Addams Family cartoons in The New Yorker magazine, beginning in the 1930s. He first appeared in Addams's 1954 book Homebodies. One Addams cartoon shows the Addams mansion with a sign at the front saying "Beware of the Thing".