ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

ToxSocks 01-22-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anaheimkcfan (Post 14745544)
Yeah,we haven't faced a single tight end like Kittle but the chiefs have played against some good ones (Waller, Rudolph, Henry) and some good units (Ravens have a solid group of three)

The Chiefs will double team their top receiving threat. Sometimes they'll double team both top receiving threats. I bet Kittle will hardly be a factor if the Chiefs decide to cancel him out.

Hern 01-22-2020 04:06 PM

To sum it all up... you guys have faced EVERYONE like the 9ers. Yet NO ONE has ever seen anything like the Chiefs... got cha.

staylor26 01-22-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14745561)
To sum it all up... you guys have faced EVERYONE like the 9ers. Yet NO ONE has ever seen anything like the Chiefs... got cha.

The 49ers have a great team, but neither the offense or the defense are all-time great level like our offense.

rabblerouser 01-22-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14745561)

Correct, Friend.

BangbangNinerGang 01-22-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14745537)
You do realize that it takes more than a secondary to defend the pass, right?

But besides that, we force teams to throw it more because they know they have to keep up with Pat.

Since you 49ers fans are stat whores that don’t watch football I’ll give you some stats:

Ward has a top 3 passer rating when targeted this year. I don’t know where Sherman was, but I know he wasn’t 1 or 2.

The Chiefs were the only team to have two corners allow less than a 50% completion percentage with Ward and Breeland.

Also, Tyrann Mathieu is 10 times better than any of your safeties.

Your DB’s aren’t better and your useless pass defense stat doesn’t change that.

Richard Sherman's 2019 season (rank among CBs):

PFF Overall Grade: 88.9 (1st)
PFF Coverage Grade: 90.1 (1st)
Receiving yards allowed / coverage snap: 0.44 (1st)
Coverage snaps / reception allowed: 19.1 (2nd)
Passer rating allowed: 46.8 (3rd)

staylor26 01-22-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BangbangNinerGang (Post 14745568)
Richard Sherman's 2019 season (rank among CBs):

PFF Overall Grade: 88.9 (1st)
PFF Coverage Grade: 90.1 (1st)
Receiving yards allowed / coverage snap: 0.44 (1st)
Coverage snaps / reception allowed: 19.1 (2nd)
Passer rating allowed: 46.8 (3rd)

PFF grades LMAO

I’ll even give you that Sherman is better than Ward. I wasn’t necessarily trying to argue against that, just giving the facts on a stat that I think is very telling considering Gilmore and White, the two best corners in the league, were 1 and 2.

I’m talking about your secondary as a whole, so don’t start moving goalposts out of desperation for a win in this argument.

Oxford 01-22-2020 04:14 PM

Copied from a Fansided article

If San Francisco stays healthy at its second level, the wide-9 adjustment should be beneficial. After all, it’s better suited to a pass-heavy league, and interior runs have become far less frequent with teams going away from traditional fullbacks and lead blockers.

That said, good teams take advantage of what opposing defenses give them. And if the Niners are trading interior run defense for better outside containment and pass defense, one would expect their opponents to try to exploit it as much as possible.

Interesting artivle... IIRC the Wide 9 is what the Eagles ran when Andy went to the SB. I wonder if this is what the 49ers are still running? Time for the sausage?

DRM08 01-22-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14745564)
The 49ers have a great team, but neither the offense or the defense are all-time great level like our offense.

Do they need to be all-time great? They are damn good on both sides of the ball. They score 30 points per game and play very solid defense with a great pass rush. All it takes is a few dumb mistakes like we saw against Houston and KC is screwed. Niners are too good to get away with that.

Hern 01-22-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14745567)
Correct, Friend.

See, I’m getting the hang of how things work around here.

rabblerouser 01-22-2020 04:17 PM

**** the 49ers

The Franchise 01-22-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14745581)
Do they need to be all-time great? They are damn good on both sides of the ball. They score 30 points per game and play very solid defense with a great pass rush. All it takes is a few dumb mistakes like we saw against Houston and KC is screwed. Niners are too good to get away with that.

Did they come out and commit those dumb mistakes against Tennessee? Really the only thing I can think of that they messed up was the fake punt.

staylor26 01-22-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Umm did you even read the post I quoted?

I’m explaining to him why our attitude is “you haven’t seen anything like us”.

smithandrew051 01-22-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14745383)
Literally everyone.

We have the better Oline
Better Dline
Better LB
Better RB
Better secondary

You guys have better QB and WR.

Those are facts. Not homerism.

Chiefs have the better pass protection OL, which is what actually matters in the Chiefs offense.

SF has the better run blocking OL.

I wouldn’t say either is better necessarily. People get too caught up in the Chiefs run blocking. It really doesn’t matter in their offense.

rabblerouser 01-22-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

I think we got that out of the way against Houston?

RustShack 01-22-2020 04:18 PM

Mahomes will shred their zone defense. We will get the lead, and they will have to rely on their passing game to keep them in it. A running team forced to pass more instead. Their QB will get hit, and fumble.

Game. Set. Match.