ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

ReynardMuldrake 02-06-2024 04:58 PM

SF still does a lot of zone run schemes, yeah? I think Tranquil is going to be key in stopping the run.

InChiefsHeaven 02-06-2024 05:08 PM

The question for the 9ers is, will the Chiefs defense be able to hem in CMC enough to where they will have to rely on Brock to play out of his mind throwing the ball on the biggest stage of the year against the best coverage and blitzing defense he has ever seen...

If the Chiefs can stop CMC and Deebo from running all over them, and meanwhile the offense has a couple of early long TD drives...Do they go into panic mode and just stop running like the Ravens?

Time will tell. There are a lot of ifs there of course, but this is the SB and the Chiefs very typically rise to the occasion. Add to that that this is the best Chiefs defense we've seen in decades and well...I think the heavy lifting is on the 9ers. JMO.

DJ's left nut 02-06-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 17385715)
SF still does a lot of zone run schemes, yeah? I think Tranquil is going to be key in stopping the run.

SF's run scheme is such that no individual player is key to stopping the run. Ultimately you just have to be really disciplined in your basic flow/fill concepts and remove the RBs options. Just keep stringing him out and keep him going sideways instead of north/south as help arrives.

It's one of those things were 11 of 11 guys have to do their job. Maybe you can get away with 10 of 11 but run defense against the Shanahan system is pretty much a total team effort. If you're disciplined, you end up deciding where he's going to run for him instead of letting him dictate terms.

Chiefspants 02-06-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17385706)
I honestly question how the SF offense has been this solid all season with two fairly substantial problems on their OL. Those guys just ain't good at all.

Their performances against AFC teams have been a bit of different story.

O.city 02-06-2024 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17385614)
There's probably $30 million in surplus value in Brock Purdy.

You could either have Derek Carr or:

purdy
Bosa ($11 million cap hit)
Deebo ($9 million)
Ward ($6.5 million) AND
CMC ($3.5 million)

Make no mistake - Brock Purdy IS the reason the 49ers are in the Super Bowl. If Grapes is still there with his $27 million cap hit, they don't have this roster. Or if Lance is there crapping all over the field on every drop back, they're not here even if he was cheap.

But they're here because of what his mediocre play for literally the league minimum has allowed them to afford around him. That has IMMENSE value. It makes him a better asset.

It doesn't make him a better player.

Yeah, just having competency with some playmaking ability at QB for less than a million dollars is a real cheat code.

People worried about them paying him or not are missing the point imo. They won't. They'll move on and go to the next guy.

ChiefsFanatic 02-06-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17385366)
Yea there is no way that dude actually thinks that.

He is still smarting after he said the Ravens were going to curbstomp the Chiefs.

DJ's left nut 02-06-2024 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17385726)
Yeah, just having competency with some playmaking ability at QB for less than a million dollars is a real cheat code.

People worried about them paying him or not are missing the point imo. They won't. They'll move on and go to the next guy.

Flags fly forever but man, winning a championship with Brock Purdy will really put those guys in a bind long-term. Purdy will be a friggen hero out there. And they'll be in a tight spot (with an aging roster full of cap casualties) if they decide not to pay him.

They'd be staring down the barrel of being a 3 win football team by 2027. That'd be some pretty funny shit right there.

smithandrew051 02-06-2024 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17385736)
Flags fly forever but man, winning a championship with Brock Purdy will really put those guys in a bind long-term. Purdy will be a friggen hero out there. And they'll be in a tight spot (with an aging roster full of cap casualties) if they decide not to pay him.

They'd be staring down the barrel of being a 3 win football team by 2027. That'd be some pretty funny shit right there.

The worst situation for them would be Purdy having a Hurts game.

Plays the game of his life but Mahomes is just better.

“We can win a Super Bowl with this guy!” Pay him like a franchise guy and suffer with no ring to show for it.

RunKC 02-06-2024 05:32 PM

If only there was a QB that Kyle could taken that was a better version of John Elway. We'll best take Solomon Thomas LMAO

I do think that Kyle felt a lot of regret about missing on Mahomes after SB LIV which is why he traded up for Trey Lance.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2024 05:35 PM

Purty isn't better than Grapes...just alot cheaper. Shannyn system is incredible (when it's not getting QB
s killed)

DRM08 02-06-2024 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17385726)

Their fans worship Purdy. I don't think the team will be able to dump him.

staylor26 02-06-2024 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17385748)
Purty isn't better than Grapes...just alot cheaper. Shannyn system is incredible (when it's not getting QB
s killed)

I think he's better, it's just not by as much as 49ers fans want to believe.

DRM08 02-06-2024 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17385754)

The bigger improvement for them was probably adding McCaff. That dude is a hell of a player and pretty low cost given his skills as a receiver.

Chris Meck 02-06-2024 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17385695)
McKivitz is a pretty weak link, too. I think we'll see Jones bouncing out to LE to get that matchup a bunch, too. It's worth it, honestly, just to force Kittle to stay in on passing downs, I think.

Danna-Wharton-Karlaftis-Jones with Bolton threatening the A gap and a slot DB or LB also at the LOS showing blitz potential. Force them to keep Kittle in to block. Do weird stuff ... send 6. Send 5. Send 4. Send 3.

See how they handle it.

Or my favorite, show 6 and rush four, dropping 7 too late for the offense to re-adjust.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2024 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17385754)

Mc Caffery is that difference