ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

KC_Connection 02-06-2024 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17385598)
Well...yeah.

Put Dak on a team with no Ceedee and the rest of that group, put Baker Mayfield on a team with no Bucs etc.

There's 5 guys that you probably can't say this about. There's 32 starting Qb jobs.

The Browns game this year when CMC and Deebo didn't play in the 2nd half and Purdy looked completely unplayable is just sticking in my mind.

O.city 02-06-2024 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17385604)
The Browns game this year when CMC and Deebo didn't play in the 2nd half and Purdy looked completely unplayable is just sticking in my mind.

Yeah, but again, that's over half the league.

KCUnited 02-06-2024 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17385592)
Again, why don't you? You started this for whatever reason. I don't know what you're so afraid of.

You called out another organization for being a whiner while being one of the biggest bitches on this board, thats why

Sorry no one in the KU thread will say it to you, but as a Chiefs fan we don't want or need you

Feel free to get a public pulse on something I'm sure you already know

See ya til next time bitch

KC_Connection 02-06-2024 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17385607)
You called out another organization for being a whiner while being one of the biggest bitches on this board, thats why

Sorry no one in the KU thread will say it to you, but as a Chiefs fan we don't want or need you

So does this mean you're not starting the poll then?

DJ's left nut 02-06-2024 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17385569)
I can't believe people are trying to talk them into Brock Purdy long term being....much more than he is.

He's a good solid QB. He's currently the best value of any player in the league based on what he's making. He's got limited upside long term.

There's probably $30 million in surplus value in Brock Purdy.

You could either have Derek Carr or:

purdy
Bosa ($11 million cap hit)
Deebo ($9 million)
Ward ($6.5 million) AND
CMC ($3.5 million)

Make no mistake - Brock Purdy IS the reason the 49ers are in the Super Bowl. If Grapes is still there with his $27 million cap hit, they don't have this roster. Or if Lance is there crapping all over the field on every drop back, they're not here even if he was cheap.

But they're here because of what his mediocre play for literally the league minimum has allowed them to afford around him. That has IMMENSE value. It makes him a better asset.

It doesn't make him a better player.

DaFace 02-06-2024 03:59 PM

Do you guys need to get a room or something?

DJ's left nut 02-06-2024 04:00 PM

Yeah - the two of you are BOTH welcome to **** right off.

(this is why I'm not allowed to be a mod)

KC_Connection 02-06-2024 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17385606)
Yeah, but again, that's over half the league.

Could be. I suppose I'd put him on Baker's level if pressed.

KC_Connection 02-06-2024 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17385617)

Ask him. He seems pretty invested in this one.

KCUnited 02-06-2024 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17385617)

Apologies for derailing this mega thread

DRM08 02-06-2024 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17385589)
It's possible, but put him on a team without CMC, Deebo, and Aiyuk and I do wonder if he'd even be considered that good.

And Kittle...and Juszczyk. Niners have done a good job loading the roster with elite skill players, including at several positions where you don't have to pay top dollar. Juszczyk, McCaff, and Kittle are all bargain type of elite players when you think about how much money has to be spent on elite receivers. McCaff and Kittle are both really damn good receivers, but neither of them are paid in that manner.

Aiyuk is eventually gonna be pretty damn expensive ($25+ million per year). And Purdy's agent will eventually demand $55-60M per year. That will make roster building harder on them, but they still have some time before that problem really kicks into high gear.

KC_Connection 02-06-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17385629)
And Kittle...and Juszczyk. Niners have done a good job loading the roster with elite skill players, including at several positions where you don't have to pay top dollar. Juszczyk, McCaff, and Kittle are all bargain type of elite players when you think about how much money has to be spent on elite receivers. McCaff and Kittle are both really damn good receivers, but neither of them are paid in that manner.

Aiyuk is eventually gonna be pretty damn expensive ($25+ million per year). And Purdy's agent will eventually demand $55-60M per year. That will make roster building harder on them, but they still have some time before that problem really kicks into high gear.

That roster is absolutely stacked, there's no doubt. The collection of offensive talent is unmatched in this league. It's why I'd be a lot more worried about dealing with this team this weekend if their QB wasn't Brock Purdy.

I still expect the Bills to end up being the toughest competition we'll play on this playoff run and it is because of what Josh Allen is/is capable of.

Bearcat 02-06-2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17385607)

I think you just found out why...

seamonster 02-06-2024 04:09 PM

If Purdy wasn't good at running for his life the 49ers would have been a nine win team. You can stack all of the elite offensive talent you want but if the offensive line has guards that allow 9 pressures in a single game you're a fraud.

FloridaMan88 02-06-2024 04:11 PM

So everything is okay with MEHHH? Only question that was asked about him today…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> HC Andy Reid on Clyde Edwards-Helaire: &quot;Clyde has been great. He brings a lot of energy to the team. In return, he&#39;s had a tremendous year. He &amp; Pacheco have a special relationship. As coaches, we don&#39;t care, who is in and out. They&#39;re both strong in the pass &amp; run game.&quot;</p>&mdash; Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldmctNFL/status/1754946149184594431?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>