ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

blake5676 11-23-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 12572763)
Breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day! I LOVE some biscuits & gravy + eggs. Mix it all together.

They have this thing called "the Stretch" at the Broadway Diner in Columbia...Chili and gravy with onions on eggs and hash browns, covered in cheese. It's probably not any easier on ya than the Pad thai...but oh man, it's good.

:D

Hahaha! I've put down a good 150 stretches in my days. I like mine topped with syrup, ranch and ketchup. And only after 2am.

patteeu 11-23-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 12572881)
Hahaha! I've put down a good 150 stretches in my days. I like mine topped with syrup, ranch and ketchup. And only after 2am.

:eek:

Lonewolf Ed 11-23-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Anti-nausea meds are working for me so far...

Buck 11-23-2016 07:50 PM

Ed you're a ****ing champ man. Have fun in Europe

patteeu 11-23-2016 07:55 PM

I'm glad you're getting another chance to go. You're an inspiration.

rabblerouser 11-23-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Oh hell no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12572948)
Anti-nausea meds are working for me so far...

Now I need some after reading that lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12573715)
Ed you're a ****ing champ man. Have fun in Europe

X2

CanadaKC 11-23-2016 08:19 PM

Do you need a place to stay in Copenhagen? My cousin has an apartment she AirBnB's there. Awesome news you're feeling better

Lonewolf Ed 11-24-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaKC (Post 12573728)
Do you need a place to stay in Copenhagen? My cousin has an apartment she AirBnB's there. Awesome news you're feeling better

I won't be in Copenhagen at all this trip, actually. With the unbelievable 1000 dollar drop in the fare on KLM, I am going through Amsterdam instead to Aalborg. Thanks, though!

rabblerouser 11-27-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11291278)
Ugh! Now that wretched tune is in my head! Only my Black Sabbath tunes will break through now and set things right.

Rocking the new colored Sabotage reissue right meow...

Lonewolf Ed 11-29-2016 12:00 PM

That is a great album and aren't the songs Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe just heavy as all get out?

In other news, my trip next spring is all set as of this morning. I booked a side trip to London, complete with a hotel, and already have my main trip set. So, it shaped up like this: I leave KC on 24 April and arrive in Aalborg, Denmark on 25 April with my friend Chipp. A few hours later, my brother and nephew will arrive. We will all stay in Aalborg for 6 nights. I am having a big party for my family and friends in the Irish House on 27 April. My nephew has been to a Mexican border town when he was 14, but never across the Pond. I will teach him the finer points of beer appreciation since he made the claim to me that he "doesn't like heavier beers." I'll start him out on Carlsberg and Green Tuborg. On 1 May, we all head north to Løkken. Chipp and I will go to London on 2 May and return on 7 May. Chipp can only stay until 9 May, so he will be going back first. My nephew is staying for 3 weeks and my brother for 6. I will still be in Løkken when he goes home. On 14 June, I will head back to Aalborg for the last days of my trip, flying back to KC on 20 June.

My nurse practitioner told me to go for it and they would work around my trip, so I am not going to worry much about the cancer gaining ground on me while I am off treatments for probably 10 weeks. My body and spirit will be much stronger after the long break and I can renew the battle after my return. As long as I don't die until the last day of my trip, it's all good.

Easy 6 11-29-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12585660)
That is a great album and aren't the songs Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe just heavy as all get out?

In other news, my trip next spring is all set as of this morning. I booked a side trip to London, complete with a hotel, and already have my main trip set. So, it shaped up like this: I leave KC on 24 April and arrive in Aalborg, Denmark on 25 April with my friend Chipp. A few hours later, my brother and nephew will arrive. We will all stay in Aalborg for 6 nights. I am having a big party for my family and friends in the Irish House on 27 April. My nephew has been to a Mexican border town when he was 14, but never across the Pond. I will teach him the finer points of beer appreciation since he made the claim to me that he "doesn't like heavier beers." I'll start him out on Carlsberg and Green Tuborg. On 1 May, we all head north to Løkken. Chipp and I will go to London on 2 May and return on 7 May. Chipp can only stay until 9 May, so he will be going back first. My nephew is staying for 3 weeks and my brother for 6. I will still be in Løkken when he goes home. On 14 June, I will head back to Aalborg for the last days of my trip, flying back to KC on 20 June.

My nurse practitioner told me to go for it and they would work around my trip, so I am not going to worry much about the cancer gaining ground on me while I am off treatments for probably 10 weeks. My body and spirit will be much stronger after the long break and I can renew the battle after my return. As long as I don't die until the last day of my trip, it's all good.

Sounds awesome, bro... so glad you're going back to revive your inner spirit

And it looks like the airfare is going to be $1000 cheaper? holy crap, talk about a discount... more money for beer PBJ

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-29-2016 12:10 PM

"Hole in the Sky" is probably my favorite late-era Sabbath tune.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Heavy.

BlackHelicopters 11-29-2016 12:32 PM

Glad you are feeling better!

Lonewolf Ed 12-01-2016 09:54 AM

Today marks two years since I had my port replaced. It's working fine and I am grateful that the doctor did such a good job. I can't prove it, but I think my first port was poorly done, which is what led to the infection that nearly killed me. I won't forget the agonizing two months of having the wound packed with hydrafera blue and repacked every couple of days. That was a painful experience that went on and on. I still have a dent in my chest on the right side where the infection ate down about 2 inches.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2016 09:57 AM

Glad you're doing better man! Keep fighting.