ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

GloryDayz 11-21-2016 06:03 PM

Denmark, I like the sound of it..

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

Lonewolf Ed 11-21-2016 11:02 PM

I am also looking into a 5 or 6 night side trip to England so I can spend some time pubbing in London, head to the Cotswolds and visit Cheddar so I can find the tangiest, sourest, sharpest of all cheddar on the planet, and maybe a train up to Birmingham to meet a friend I know there and mingle with the Brummies, those northern bastards!

cdcox 11-21-2016 11:19 PM

Go feed your inner Viking.

Lonewolf Ed 11-21-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 12570985)
Go feed your inner Viking.

Yessss! He hungers.

Buehler445 11-22-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12569383)
I am at the center once again receiving chemotherapy. I spoke at length with my nurse practitioner and mentioned the pains I was suffering over the weekend, and she checked me over and didn't think anything was too out of the ordinary. I was very concerned with my glucose levels but she told me not to worry about it. I don't want to become diabetic and she said I am not. I will still avoid Krispy Kreme on the way home, though. I mentioned Denmark and when I would go, staying for about 8 weeks and she said to go for it. If I die over there, they can keep my carcass until Chipp and Rod arrive since they know the places I want my ashes to be spread, so I have it all covered. Now to start making my plans and jump on a good airfare.

**** yeah man! THAT is good news.

Lonewolf Ed 11-22-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12571042)
**** yeah man! THAT is good news.

And so is this! I was up very late last night due to pains in my shoulder blades. For something to do, I checked my airfares again and Delta/KLM showed up at 455 dollars roundtrip but it had been showing at 1400 and over. I refreshed the browser, rubbed my eyes, checked for any stupid 24 hour plus layovers and found none, so I jumped on it. I was ready to go 1150 on SAS. Now I am going to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to AAlborg and the reverse coming back. I leave KC on 24 April and return 20 June.

My brother is going for 4 to 6 weeks and my nephew, who was never been overseas, will join us for 2 weeks or a bit more if we can talk him into it. I will teach him the finer points of beer drinking since he told me he doesn't like "those heavy beers." I will start him out on Carlsberg and Green Tuborg before moving to ambers and dark beers. Then we will move to the porters and stouts.

scho63 11-22-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12571304)
And so is this! I was up very late last night due to pains in my shoulder blades. For something to do, I checked my airfares again and Delta/KLM showed up at 455 dollars roundtrip but it had been showing at 1400 and over. I refreshed the browser, rubbed my eyes, checked for any stupid 24 hour plus layovers and found none, so I jumped on it. I was ready to go 1150 on SAS. Now I am going to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to AAlborg and the reverse coming back. I leave KC on 24 April and return 20 June.

My brother is going for 4 to 6 weeks and my nephew, who was never been overseas, will join us for 2 weeks or a bit more if we can talk him into it. I will teach him the finer points of beer drinking since he told me he doesn't like "those heavy beers." I will start him out on Carlsberg and Green Tuborg before moving to ambers and dark beers. Then we will move to the porters and stouts.

Sounds like a blast

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2016 05:55 PM

Get Down!

GloryDayz 11-22-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12571304)

You are a traveling GOD!!!

Simply Red 11-22-2016 11:54 PM

have fun Ed.

EPodolak 11-23-2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12570927)
I am also looking into a 5 or 6 night side trip to England so I can spend some time pubbing in London, head to the Cotswolds and visit Cheddar so I can find the tangiest, sourest, sharpest of all cheddar on the planet, and maybe a train up to Birmingham to meet a friend I know there and mingle with the Brummies, those northern bastards!

The GF and I took that trip last month. Get a fill of the Cotswolds, my regret is the time there was way too short.

Lonewolf Ed 11-23-2016 12:01 AM

My friend, Chipp, is now going for 2 weeks and will make the side trip to England with me, too. It's looking to be a great trip! Now if only I hadn't thrown up the chicken and veggies in Thai peanut sauce I made for dinner. I feel like I lost a fight now. Ugh. I was eating and got about a third of the way through when my stomach leapt three times and I didn't even make it off the couch, but thank God for my tv tray. I hit the kitchen and raaaalfed in the sink about 4 or 5 more times. Damn this chemotherapy.

rabblerouser 11-23-2016 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12572743)
My friend, Chipp, is now going for 2 weeks and will make the side trip to England with me, too. It's looking to be a great trip! Now if only I hadn't thrown up the chicken and veggies in Thai peanut sauce I made for dinner. I feel like I lost a fight now. Ugh. I was eating and got about a third of the way through when my stomach leapt three times and I didn't even make it off the couch, but thank God for my tv tray. I hit the kitchen and raaaalfed in the sink about 4 or 5 more times. Damn this chemotherapy.

Ooof. No Bueno.

Lonewolf Ed 11-23-2016 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 12572749)
Ooof. No Bueno.

If there is a plus side, I should be nice and hungry for breakfast.

rabblerouser 11-23-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12572751)
If there is a plus side, I should be nice and hungry for breakfast.

Breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day! I LOVE some biscuits & gravy + eggs. Mix it all together.

They have this thing called "the Stretch" at the Broadway Diner in Columbia...Chili and gravy with onions on eggs and hash browns, covered in cheese. It's probably not any easier on ya than the Pad thai...but oh man, it's good.

:D