ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348179)

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-26-2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17458689)
It's gonna be a great tussle in the next few games. Carolina, USC, LSU and Iowa are the favourites. But imo as much hype as there is around Clark the best player I've seen is most definitely Juju Watkins. Would love to see her and Clark face off.

Be interesting to see how she progresses. Clark and her have similar stats for their freshmen year except Clark doubles her assist. The think that make Clark so good is that she had average team mates compared to some other programs, but dishes the ball so well for them to score.

UChieffyBugger 03-26-2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17458702)
South Carolina is going to win, this is stupid.

They said the same thing last year :evil:

chiefzilla1501 03-26-2024 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17458689)
It's gonna be a great tussle in the next few games. Carolina, USC, LSU and Iowa are the favourites. But imo as much hype as there is around Clark the best player I've seen is most definitely Juju Watkins. Would love to see her and Clark face off.

If not for the injuries people were hyping up Paige Bueckers before clark was a thing. Clark and Watkins can take over games, but Bueckers might be the best one to lead a team if you surround her with talent.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-26-2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17458857)
If not for the injuries people were hyping up Paige Bueckers before clark was a thing. Clark and Watkins can take over games, but Bueckers might be the best one to lead a team if you surround her with talent.

I can't imagine if Clark was surrounded by top talent...

UChieffyBugger 03-26-2024 04:59 PM

Quote:

Imo even at just 18 years old Juju has an incredible poise about how she plays the game and her three level scoring, plus shot creation and handling, are better than the other two. I think Juju could live with just scoring in the paint and at midrange. Could Clark and Paige? Not sure tbh.

scho63 03-26-2024 05:00 PM

She sure shined a giant spotlight on women's college basketball.

Great job.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-26-2024 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17458886)
Imo even at just 18 years old Juju has an incredible poise about how she plays the game and her three level scoring, plus shot creation and handling, are better than the other two. I think Juju could live with just scoring in the paint and at midrange. Could Clark and Paige? Not sure tbh.

Clark sees the whole floor much better, just crazy sick assist on a consistent basis.

UChieffyBugger 03-26-2024 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17458893)
Clark sees the whole floor much better, just crazy sick assist on a consistent basis.

The great thing is if things fall in place we might get to see..

Clark vs Angel Reese

And

Juju vs Paige

In the next round!!..that would be epic but they all have some tough matchups coming up tbh.

chiefzilla1501 03-26-2024 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17458871)
I can't imagine if Clark was surrounded by top talent...

Without a doubt. She’s going to be outstanding no matter what but part of me also wonders if she has to be a volume player no matter what. Even a great facilitator like lebron takes up so much space that it can sometimes be hard to play off of him. She’s already a bonafide superstar but are there limits to how much she can elevate the team around her? Will be interesting to see on the next level when she can play for a team that recruits on a more level playing field

chiefzilla1501 03-26-2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17458901)
The great thing is if things fall in place we might get to see..

Clark vs Angel Reese

And

Juju vs Paige

In the next round!!..that would be epic but they all have some tough matchups coming up tbh.

Granted I don’t follow a ton of women’s bball, but I get the sense Reese is a notch below. I think she’s surrounded by a lot of talent and that’s what makes it a tough out. But those other 3 seem like they’re on a different level as far as individual play goes. But yeah I think any of these 3 against the team of lsu and South Carolina is going to be super interesting

UChieffyBugger 03-26-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17458946)
Granted I don’t follow a ton of women’s bball, but I get the sense Reese is a notch below. I think she’s surrounded by a lot of talent and that’s what makes it a tough out. But those other 3 seem like they’re on a different level as far as individual play goes. But yeah I think any of these 3 against the team of lsu and South Carolina is going to be super interesting

Reese is a different type of player than the other three. She's a forward and the others are guards. Reese is a great defender, rebounder and does a lot of damage scoring in the paint. That's why she's a double-double machine. So she's great at things the other three don't really focus on.

Reese is like Giannis and the other three are more Doncic.

Oh and Clark vs Reese has history to it too for obvious reasons after what happened in last year's final.

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2024 06:18 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJoTm38W...jpg&name=large

dlphg9 03-26-2024 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17458987)
Reese is a different type of player than the other three. She's a forward and the others are guards. Reese is a great defender, rebounder and does a lot of damage scoring in the paint. That's why she's a double-double machine. So she's great at things the other three don't really focus on.

Oh and Clark vs Reese has history to it too for obvious reasons after what happened in last year's final.

Clark had 17 double doubles and 7 triple doubles. Reese had 25 double doubles. I'd take the player that is extremely better at scoring and getting assists over the player that isn't even close to the other in scoring and assists, but can rebound quite a bit better.

Clark averaged 31.8 pts, 7.3 rebounds, and 8.8 assists per game. She doesn't pretty well for herself getting boards.

UChieffyBugger 03-27-2024 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17459181)
Clark had 17 double doubles and 7 triple doubles. Reese had 25 double doubles. I'd take the player that is extremely better at scoring and getting assists over the player that isn't even close to the other in scoring and assists, but can rebound quite a bit better.

Clark averaged 31.8 pts, 7.3 rebounds, and 8.8 assists per game. She doesn't pretty well for herself getting boards.

Reese is a million times the better defender.

ChiefsFanatic 03-27-2024 02:49 AM

Quote:

I have said before that I think Paige Bueckers is the best all around female player I have ever seen.

Before the injuries she was incredible. She could really shoot, and score almost at will, she was a great distributor of the ball, and was a slick passer, and defensively she was great at on the ball defense, she was great at anticipating passing lanes and collecting steals, and was a very good rebounder for her size and position.

I think she can get back to being the best, but when I watch her now, I will admit that I am cringing the entire time, because I just am so afraid of another injury. It's like watching Jamaal Charles after he came back the second time; I held my breath every time he planted to make a cut, or to stop quickly, etc. because I was constantly waiting for, and expecting the next injury.

POND_OF_RED 03-27-2024 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17458946)

There’s just one thing that separates the two.
https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit%2C...k2_2287-1.webp

displacedinMN 03-27-2024 05:34 AM

One is a trash talking bitch, on a violent team, with a C of a coach who is an attention whore.

The other is Clark

ptlyon 03-27-2024 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17459237)
One is a trash talking bitch, on a violent team, with a C of a coach who is an attention whore.

The other is Clark

Really hope they get schmucked Saturday

chiefzilla1501 03-27-2024 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17458987)

Reese is like Giannis except without the freakish athleticism or size. She’s good on defense and rebounding but otherwise effective enough. She’s an effective player but nowhere in the same stratosphere. The only reason there’s appeal is because she has lots of clout and because the team as a whole vs the individual clark makes for an intriguing matchup.

UChieffyBugger 03-27-2024 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17459237)

The other is Clark

Lol you still triggered by Angel? ROFL

Clark started the trash talking in previous games so please stop acting like that epic moment from Angel just came out of nowhere :LOL:

And Angel ain't no punk who picks on smaller players either as she's got beef with Carolina's giant center Kamilla Cardoso too.

UChieffyBugger 03-27-2024 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17459245)
Reese is like Giannis except without the freakish athleticism or size. She’s good on defense and rebounding but otherwise effective enough. She’s an effective player but nowhere in the same stratosphere. The only reason there’s appeal is because she has lots of clout and because the team as a whole vs the individual clark makes for an intriguing matchup.

There are different styles of player and all of them can be great in their own way. For every LeBron there's a Kawhi who is not as skilled as Bron but my word when he's in a zone he can be unstoppable too. Reese does things that can beat the other three on any given day. If she man's up on those girls and gets physical with them it's gonna be a long night.

The hype that would surround a LSU vs Iowa rematch would be epic. Same as the buzz there would be if Juju and Paige cross paths. This is what the game needs. And another juicy nugget is the semi final could be Juju or Paige vs Clark or Reese aswell.

displacedinMN 03-27-2024 08:01 AM

Anyone on the court should have been ejected, and fines levied on the school. Since there are NIL deals now, maybe fines to the players. you cant tell me LSU's coach helped the situation here.

If LSU and Iowa play again, Reese will be ejected. Unless there is an SEC bias. Like last year.

chiefzilla1501 03-27-2024 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17459337)
There are different styles of player and all of them can be great in their own way. For every LeBron there's a Kawhi who is not as skilled as Bron but my word when he's in a zone he can be unstoppable too. Reese does things that can beat the other three on any given day. If she man's up on those girls and gets physical with them it's gonna be a long night.

The hype that would surround a LSU vs Iowa rematch would be epic. Same as the buzz there would be if Juju and Paige cross paths. This is what the game needs. And another juicy nugget is the semi final could be Juju or Paige vs Clark or Reese aswell.

It will be a good game and will get hype. I don’t think angel is a bad player but she is definitely not in the same league as clark, juju, Paige. It’s like comparing Jokic or Shai to Zion. She does play for a team that has more talent across the board though. Any of the other intrigue is purely because of smack talk

UChieffyBugger 03-27-2024 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17459339)
Anyone on the court should have been ejected, and fines levied on the school. Since there are NIL deals now, maybe fines to the players. you cant tell me LSU's coach helped the situation here.

If LSU and Iowa play again, Reese will be ejected. Unless there is an SEC bias. Like last year.

If you're talking about the recent LSU vs Carolina fight then Carolina were the ones who started it. Cardoso and Reese were going at it all game and then Cardoso pushes Fla'ja to the floor and all hell broke loose. Angel wasn't involved as she was injured at the time. LSU vs Iowa would be tense no doubt. But LSU vs Carolina in the final would be an all out WAR imo :evil: .

UChieffyBugger 03-27-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17459360)
It will be a good game and will get hype. I don’t think angel is a bad player but she is definitely not in the same league as clark, juju, Paige. It’s like comparing Jokic or Shai to Zion. She does play for a team that has more talent across the board though. Any of the other intrigue is purely because of smack talk

But just because Reese might not be as skilled as the other three doesn't mean she's not just as effective as them. Yes the other three can take over a game and put 40 points up with no problem. But Angel can get you 27 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 blocks and 4 steals whilst clamping down on the other teams best player late. Imo that performance is just as special as a 40 piece. We can't forget about defense.

MarkDavis'Haircut 03-27-2024 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17457977)
The one thing women's bball has right is having the higher seed play a HOME game. The atmosphere at college sports home arena/fieldhouses is the best thing about the college game. Why take it away in the post season?

They do that in WBB because neutral site games would be empty.

MBB has amazing neutral site crowds.

BWillie 03-27-2024 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17459887)

I've been to plenty of neutral games in the NCAA Tournament and they do not even compare to a meaningful home game. Its a damn shame. In most NCAA Tournament games half the crowd or more doesn't care about the game. Its a really really bad way to have a postseason.

lcarus 03-27-2024 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 17459233)
There’s just one thing that separates the two.
https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit%2C...k2_2287-1.webp

Well that and more extensions than the Chrome web store.

ghak99 03-27-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17459897)
I've been to plenty of neutral games in the NCAA Tournament and they do not even compare to a meaningful home game. Its a damn shame. In most NCAA Tournament games half the crowd or more doesn't care about the game. Its a really really bad way to have a postseason.

Do you want to figure out who the best team is or are you more concerned with pandering to fans?

It's understandable that the female side still needs to pander to fans, results be damned, but the men's side can afford to do it right.

POND_OF_RED 03-27-2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 17459904)
Well that and more extensions than the Chrome web store.

I’d give her an extension of my own.

https://swimsuit.si.com/.image/t_sha...3_d_social.jpg

BWillie 03-27-2024 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17460044)
Do you want to figure out who the best team is or are you more concerned with pandering to fans?

It's understandable that the female side still needs to pander to fans, results be damned, but the men's side can afford to do it right.

Figure out? We already know who the best teams are. The tournament isn't for figuring out who the best teams are. It should be to reward the best teams so they have the best chance at winning a national title.

ghak99 03-27-2024 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17460111)
Figure out? We already know who the best teams are. The tournament isn't for figuring out who the best teams are. It should be to reward the best teams so they have the best chance at winning a national title.

Team, not teams.

ptlyon 03-27-2024 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 17460060)
I’d give her an extension of my own.

https://swimsuit.si.com/.image/t_sha...3_d_social.jpg

Bitch

UChieffyBugger 03-27-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 17460173)
SEXY Bitch

I agree :evil:

chiefzilla1501 03-28-2024 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17459887)

Men’s bb early rounds are not that great for crowds. A lot of tickets go to locals there for the experience. And a lot of seats are empty because fans watch 1-2 games then bail on others. So you’ll usually see a pocket of rowdy traveling fans but then that same section is empty the next game. But that’s just what goes into planning for a tournament.

UChieffyBugger 03-30-2024 10:23 PM

So Clark, Reese, Juju and Paige all made it through to the next round and are set to face off. The hype around Iowa versus LSU is already building on social media. And the Paige versus Juju matchup is gonna be a very intriguing contest between two elite guards.

Most of the games in this round were close contests. Even Carolina were pushed hard. It seems obvious that they will be in the final but Texas could be a tough out for them tbh.

Regardless a matchup of Clark or Reese vs Juju or Paige in the semi-finals would also be great to see. I think Clark is under the most pressure out of all of them tbh. Reese already has a ring, Juju is just 18 in her debut season, and Paige just came back from injury and still has another year in college left. Clark losing to Reese two years running would be rough for her I think.

Titty Meat 03-30-2024 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17463375)
So Clark, Reese, Juju and Paige all made it through to the next round and are set to face off. The hype around Iowa versus LSU is already building on social media. And the Paige versus Juju marchup is gonna be a very intriguing contest between two elite guards.

Most of the games in this round were close contests. Even Carolina were pushed hard. It seems obvious that they will be in the final but Texas could be a tough out for them tbh.

Regardless a matchup of Clark or Reese vs Juju or Paige in the semi-finals would also be great to see. I think Clark is under the most pressure out of all of them tbh. Reese already has a ring, Juju is just 18 in her debut season, and Paige just came back from injury and still has another year in college left. Clark losing to Reese two years running would be rough for her I think.

Who cares

Pablo 03-30-2024 10:30 PM

Ice Age Sloth got some nice tits

UChieffyBugger 03-30-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17463378)
Who cares

Yo momma.

displacedinMN 03-31-2024 07:30 AM

Time for someone to run over Mulkey when she is on the court.

Reese is going to get T's in the game and maybe ejected. Calling it now

SurroundedByMorons 03-31-2024 08:24 AM

Let's go Hawks!!!!

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-31-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17463375)
So Clark, Reese, Juju and Paige all made it through to the next round and are set to face off. The hype around Iowa versus LSU is already building on social media. And the Paige versus Juju marchup is gonna be a very intriguing contest between two elite guards.

Nah if she loses she gets to go to the Olympic tryouts... If she wins she will be playing. It will hurt to lose, but she has elevated a very average Iowa team the past two years to a level that allows the rematch. You but Reese on Iowa's team, they may make the tournament.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-31-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17463759)
Time for someone to run over Mulkey when she is on the court.

Reese is going to get T's in the game and maybe ejected. Calling it now

If they officiate the game like last years final, Iowa won't have a chance.

displacedinMN 03-31-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17464003)
If they officiate the game like last years final, Iowa won't have a chance.

True. Wouldnt surprise me. Have seen a few games this year where it was more like a alley fight than a BBall game.

SEC trash.

POND_OF_RED 04-01-2024 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17464233)
True. Wouldnt surprise me. Have seen a few games this year where it was more like an alley fight than a BBall game.

SEC trash.

Yeah, that tournament game earlier in the season against Purdue Ft Wayne where Clark just straight up shoved the girl to the ground for face guarding her is a good example. You can tell she’s very easy to fluster. Especially when she knows all eyes are on her in a big game like this. LSU definitely knows how soft she is and will take full advantage of her emotions tonight. You also have to wonder if the whistles get swallowed a bit just BECAUSE of how much Clark cries and complains.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-01-2024 09:44 AM

Go Kim and Angel!

Put Clark in her place.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 17465234)
Yeah, that tournament game earlier in the season against Purdue Ft Wayne where Clark just straight up shoved the girl to the ground for face guarding her is a good example. You can tell she’s very easy to fluster. Especially when she knows all eyes are on her in a big game like this. LSU definitely knows how soft she is and will take full advantage of her emotions tonight. You also have to wonder if the whistles get swallowed a bit just BECAUSE of how much Clark cries and complains.

LMAO... face guarding. It was basically rugby being played. In the NC game last year against LSU the officiating was biased as ****... but I get it you hate Clark. Call the game as it should be called. It's not that hard.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17465431)
Go Kim and Angel!

Put Clark in her place.

LMAO... Put Clark on a team with the talent of LSU and they don't lose a game...

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-01-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17465446)
LMAO... Put Clark on a team with the talent of LSU and they don't lose a game...

So, she is the Lebron of WBB. Needs help to win.

Exhausted of hearing about her. Pistol Pete is the real scoring champion.

displacedinMN 04-01-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17465443)
LMAO... face guarding. It was basically rugby being played. In the NC game last year against LSU the officiating was biased as ****... but I get it you hate Clark. Call the game as it should be called. It's not that hard.

Which just proves the NCAA wants Trash over Class. Bluder has ALWAYS been a class act. ALWAYS.

Mulkey has always been an attention whore and a whole lot of other words. She needs to be put in her place along with LSU.

The unfortunate part about all of this, I think SC is just far and above everyone else this year.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17465451)
So, she is the Lebron of WBB. Needs help to win.

Exhausted of hearing about her. Pistol Pete is the real scoring champion.

I'm sure you are sick of hearing about Clark... It's gotta suck being a Raiders fan and hearing about all this winning in the Midwest, let alone in your actual stadium.

BWillie 04-01-2024 10:02 AM

Any time Im scrolling thru social media I see people ragging on Clark that she gets away with all of this trash talking and antics because shes white. I don't really know how womens college bball works but its the exact opposite in mens college bball.

Guys that CANT really get away with talking shit are white guys. Christian Braun comes to mind. Hunter Dickinson. Opposing fans hated him. Any white Duke player. Think JJ Reddick etc. Were they really that bad? Probably not it is just that fans expect white players to be more of the hand the ball to the ref guy.

POND_OF_RED 04-01-2024 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17465443)

Haha the defender literally never even touched her. Just got in her face as soon as she crossed the half court line and Caitlin got so frustrated by it she literally shoved her twice. There’s actually nothing illegal about the “I’m not touching you” annoying little brother defense. What was the ref supposed to call? Guarding too closely?! Just admit you don’t know what game I’m referring to. Don’t double down with the “basically rugby being played” defense. It makes all you Hawkeyes fans look like little bitches just like Clark. Clark needs to take her father’s advice and stop complaining so much. She’s a tremendous talent, but she’s also a head-case. Can’t wait to see how Mulkey decides to get into that little head of hers tonight.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-01-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16887738)
Greatest curlers in the world, men or women, don't make near as much as your worst NFL players.

IT'S BULLSHIT!

And folks, women's basketball/soccer aren't that much less further removed from the men's product than curling is to football. They're barely the same sport.

Truth

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 17465470)
Haha the defender literally never even touched her. Just got in her face as soon as she crossed the half court line and Caitlin got so frustrated by it she literally shoved her twice. There’s actually nothing illegal about the “I’m not touching you” annoying little brother defense. What was the ref supposed to call? Guarding too closely?! Just admit you don’t know what game I’m referring to. Don’t double down with the “basically rugby being played” defense. It makes all you Hawkeyes fans look like little bitches just like Clark. Clark needs to take her father’s advice and stop complaining so much. She’s a tremendous talent, but she’s also a head-case. Can’t wait to see how Mulkey decides to get into that little head of hers tonight.

LMAO... the whole game reerun. You just can't stand a competitive Iowa white chick getting all the press. Iowa has a slim chance of winning tonight, the overall talent is far superior on LSU's team. If they don't call hand and body checks, Iowa will get rolled. However, put any of the other star player from LSU, SC, or USC on Iowa's team and see how far they get. I love it that a white college check can get you so triggered.

ghak99 04-01-2024 10:23 AM

I don't care who does it, but I'd like to see LSU get bounced. If it happens in the final seconds on a very controversial call it would be even better. Watching that disaster unravel WWE style on live tv would be comedy gold.

I don't think Iowa has the ability to push them over the edge though.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-01-2024 10:27 AM

Might actually watch the game tonight. No other sports on but baseball.

ThrobProng 04-01-2024 10:28 AM

Which NBA team is going to draft her?

POND_OF_RED 04-01-2024 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17465478)
LMAO... the whole game reerun. You just can't stand a competitive Iowa white chick getting all the press. Iowa has a slim chance of winning tonight, the overall talent is far superior on LSU's team. If they don't call hand and body checks, Iowa will get rolled. However, put any of the other star player from LSU, SC, or USC on Iowa's team and see how far they get. I love it that a white college check can get you so triggered.

She’s actually the one who can’t stand getting all the press. That’s why I brought up her two handed shove when they did press her. If they make a competitive HORSE league she’s going to dominate someday. The most pure shooter I’ve ever seen. If she would just listen to her father’s advice and stop complaining as much she might be able to get them over the hump. I just think she’s too mentally fragile to get past these big games like tonight.

Pablo 04-01-2024 10:42 AM

Clark is far more likable than Ja Morant

UChieffyBugger 04-01-2024 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17465446)

Real goats do goat things. Juju has taken her team further than they've been in decades as an 18 year old debutant. Clark needs a ring to justify all the talk now imo.

BWillie 04-01-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17465554)
Real goats do goat things. Juju has taken her team further than they've been in decades as an 18 year old debutant. Clark needs a ring to justify all the talk now imo.

At first glance at this JuJu person's player card she appears to be a volume shooter extraordinaire. The Caleb Love of womens basketball. 40% FG, 31% 3 FG but chucks em up.

New World Order 04-01-2024 11:26 AM

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a women's basketball game tonight.

Weird feeling

BWillie 04-01-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17465559)
I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a women's basketball game tonight.

Weird feeling

Congratulations. You've been manipulated by marketing. ESPN, FOX, CBS etc love women's basketball because it's cheap programming (at least at this time) compared to the amount of viewers they get.

I'm pretty sure the March Madness NCAA Tournament stuff is all combined, but the regular season stuff is a ****ing dream if they can get you to watch for what they pay for it.

New World Order 04-01-2024 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17465564)
Congratulations. You've been manipulated by marketing. ESPN, FOX, CBS etc love women's basketball because it's cheap programming (at least at this time) compared to the amount of viewers they get.

I'm pretty sure the March Madness NCAA Tournament stuff is all combined, but the regular season stuff is a ****ing dream if they can get you to watch for what they pay for it.

It's really just to watch Clark. She's damn entertaining.

POND_OF_RED 04-01-2024 11:40 AM

FTR I love Caitlin Clark’s game. It’s the pearl clutching midwesterners who made it seem like she was gang raped at the end of the final last year when she got a taste of her own medicine that started making her fan base very unlikeable. I’d much rather watch her talking shit than crying to the refs. The shove in the tournament at the beginning of the season really made her look soft too. That’s all I’m saying is the more she lets her emotions get in the way the further she’ll be from a ring. She’s like the Luka Doncic of the women’s game. They’ll definitely be playing head games with her tonight. We’ll see how she handles all the pressure.

chiefzilla1501 04-01-2024 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17465564)

It's not really manipulation. This year has a tremendous slate of college teams with superstars who are fun to watch.womens tournament has been doing excellent for several years now. For some reason it hasn't translated to the WNBA and not sure even Caitlin Clark can fix that. But the reason people are watching is because the product is strong.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 17465587)
FTR I love Caitlin Clark’s game. It’s the pearl clutching midwesterners who made it seem like she was gang raped at the end of the final last year when she got a taste of her own medicine that started making her fan base very unlikeable. I’d much rather watch her talking shit than crying to the refs. The shove in the tournament at the beginning of the season really made her look soft too. That’s all I’m saying is the more she lets her emotions get in the way the further she’ll be from a ring. She’s like the Luka Doncic of the women’s game. They’ll definitely be playing head games with her tonight. We’ll see how she handles all the pressure.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/0...-review-subpar

Quote:

NCAA Says Review of LSU-Iowa National Title Found Officiating Was Subpar

BWillie 04-01-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17465608)
It's not really manipulation. This year has a tremendous slate of college teams with superstars who are fun to watch.womens tournament has been doing excellent for several years now. For some reason it hasn't translated to the WNBA and not sure even Caitlin Clark can fix that. But the reason people are watching is because the product is strong.

Its no more exciting than it was 15 years ago when nobody gave a shit. Its absolutely due to marketing.

New World Order 04-01-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17465726)
Its no more exciting than it was 15 years ago when nobody gave a shit. Its absolutely due to marketing.

This chick is good man. There’s never been a women’s college player like her.

She’s the reason for the interest

BWillie 04-01-2024 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17465733)
This chick is good man. There’s never been a women’s college player like her.

She’s the reason for the interest

Kelsey Plum, Washington 2013. Nobody gave a shit. At all. I didn't even know who she was until I looked it up.

Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State 2014. No idea who she is. No publicity.

Bottom line is if ESPN and the likes didnt publicize the shit out of Clark almost nobody would care. Just like before uhhh 7 years ago.

ThrobProng 04-01-2024 01:17 PM

Marketing or not, there's a lot of interest in a player who isn't good enough to ride the bench of the worst team in the G League.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17465741)
Kelsey Plum, Washington 2013. Nobody gave a shit. At all. I didn't even know who she was until I looked it up.

Bottom line is if ESPN and the likes didnt publicize the shit out of Clark almost nobody would care. Just like before uhhh 7 years ago.

Not true... ESPN promotes shit all the time that is shit, people tune in and then turn the channel when it sucks. They seem to keep tuning in when Clark plays. Don't be a hater cause shes white.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17465753)
Marketing or not, there's a lot of interest in a player who isn't good enough to ride the bench of the worst team in the G League.

and... What's your point. I think it's awesome that women's basketball is getting some play and it's actually entertaining. If you had a daughter you would feel the same way. Is it a talent level of G-League, of course not. Kinda like your wife saying you wouldn't be appearing in any pornos...

ThrobProng 04-01-2024 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17465783)
and... What's your point. I think it's awesome that women's basketball is getting some play and it's actually entertaining. If you had a daughter you would feel the same way. Is it a talent level of G-League, of course not. Kinda like your wife saying you wouldn't be appearing in any pornos...

Whether or not it's entertaining is subjective. If I'm going to watch basketball, I prefer it to at least be on the level of a top-tier boys' high school team. I have multiple daughters, and I'm glad I haven't had to sit through girls' basketball games.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17465791)
Whether or not it's entertaining is subjective. If I'm going to watch basketball, I prefer it to at least be on the level of a top-tier boys' high school team. I have multiple daughters, and I'm glad I haven't had to sit through girls' basketball games.

Well, then why post in this thread... weird. So your daughter's don't play any sports? In fairness, most aren't at the level of men. Weird flex by you.

chiefzilla1501 04-01-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17465741)

Women's college bball has been thriving for years especially in the SEC which has little to do with Clark. Angel Reese is a millionaire. of course Clarks star power played a big role. The quality of play has improved quite a bit and they are producing bonafide marketable superstars. It is not entirely because of Caitlin Clark.

It has not translated on the pro level and I'm not sure if it ever will. But women's college bball is plenty popular. Of course it isn't the same quality or the same popularity as men's but why does it need to be?

Hoover 04-01-2024 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17465791)

I felt that way like 5 years ago, and when I hear stuff like this today its a clear tell you have not watched any of the great woman BB matchups we have had in recent years. I went to the BigTen woman's tournament this year. Yeah, there was some less than stellar games in the beginning, but by the time you are in the third round it was all really good BB.

I think you are missing out, but if that somehow makes you feel more manly have at, but if you have little girls and you're not exposing them to women college BB, you are failing as a parent.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-01-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17465753)

G League?

She couldn't ride the bench in Division III.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2024 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17465896)
G League?

She couldn't ride the bench in Division III.

please, we aren't talking about Raider QB's...