ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 03:25 PM

Can we just start with swinging at strikes, not balls? Baby steps!

Valiant 05-08-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12862924)
They're stuck with Gordon. He contracted Mike Sweeney disease just as soon as they paid him the big bucks. I look for him to get a mystery injury soon and a trip to the DL.

We can dream some team will want him.

I have family members at the royals, they hated the signing.

Currently our so called stars are refusing to take extra bp. They don't need it. It will work itself out. Since the championship they believe they are stars.

This shit is a soria curse.

Prison Bitch 05-08-2017 03:43 PM

Anyone else get a chuckle that Garth brought out 4 Royals onstage Sat Night and sang "Friends in Low Places"?

ChiTown 05-08-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12862798)
Finally, the lineup that will fix us. Don't know why Ned waited so long.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> lineup vs. Snell:<br><br>Escobar SS<br>Cain CF<br>Hosmer 1B<br>Perez DH<br>Soler RF<br>Merrifield 2B<br>Cuthbert 3B<br>Gordon LF<br>Butera C<br>Karns P</p>&mdash; David Lesky (@DBLesky) <a href="https://twitter.com/DBLesky/status/861662426252673025">May 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And for all you haters:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By moving Alcides Escobar and his .220 OBP to the #1 spot, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> are actually *improving* their leadoff OBP, currently at .214.</p>&mdash; Hunter Samuels (@HunterSamuels) <a href="https://twitter.com/HunterSamuels/status/861666196659347456">May 8, 2017</a></blockquote>

Esky to leadoff? Well then, this should be the beginning of a 17-6 finish for the remainder of May to get us back to a game over .500.................

Three7s 05-08-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12862988)
Anyone else get a chuckle that Garth brought out 4 Royals onstage Sat Night and sang "Friends in Low Places"?

It was an embarrassment. These clowns would rather continue to live in the limelight than than actually work on their craft. They got spoiled.

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12862988)

I wont get mad like some did with the football Giants being at the beach on their off-day but it isn't a good look for Hoz and the royals to hype the garth appearance on twitter. in KC uniforms even

KChiefs1 05-08-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 12862885)
If Ned's going "as many RHB in the line as possible", I wonder why he didn't put Bonifacio in LF instead of Gordon?

That would be too big an upgrade at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerok 05-08-2017 05:16 PM

I just read the game 5 world series thread, from 9th inning on. Man what a time. Here's to another World Series run in the next 5 years.

Mama Hip Rockets 05-08-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 12863050)
It was an embarrassment. These clowns would rather continue to live in the limelight than than actually work on their craft. They got spoiled.

I mean, do you expect them to just practice all night long at night after they already played a game that day?

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 12863299)
I mean, do you expect them to just practice all night long at night after they already played a game that day?

Not all night, but something more than the bar would be appreciated because they don't appear to give a shit.

But hey, we're up 7-2 so I'm sure Ned will say everything is fixed now, because he's the Hud of coaches.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 12863050)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12863061)
I wont get mad like some did with the football Giants being at the beach on their off-day but it isn't a good look for Hoz and the royals to hype the garth appearance on twitter. in KC uniforms even

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863448)
Not all night, but something more than the bar would be appreciated because they don't appear to give a shit.

But hey, we're up 7-2 so I'm sure Ned will say everything is fixed now, because he's the Hud of coaches.

This line of thinking is so ****ing stupid.

So you think that because they are having a bad year that they are not allowed to get out and have some fun?

You think that because they went to the Garth concert, that is positive proof that they "don't give a shit" about the game anymore?

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863455)

So you think that because they are having a bad year that they are not allowed to get out and have some fun?

You think that because they went to the Garth concert, that is positive proof that they "don't give a shit" about the game anymore?

I didn't say that. Just the opposite actually.
I just said it wasn't a good look to hype it on twitter.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12863516)
I didn't say that. Just the opposite actually.
I just said it wasn't a good look to hype it on twitter.

Explain your comment. Why was it not a good look? And why does them wearing their uniforms matter?

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863455)

I think I'm suggesting perhaps a little less time out, not "no" time out. Maybe even appearing to be frustrated.

I don't care about the concert, and I hope they had a good time.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863528)
I think I'm suggesting perhaps a little less time out, not "no" time out. Maybe even appearing to be frustrated.

I don't care about the concert, and I hope they had a good time.

Again, why does it matter? It's flawed thinking.

Are they supposed to tell Garth, "I appreciate the offer buddy, but we've been slumping all season and it might look bad if we are out having a good time."?

It doesn't make sense.

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863549)
Again, why does it matter? It's flawed thinking.

Are they supposed to tell Garth, "I appreciate the offer buddy, but we've been slumping all season and it might look bad if we are out having a good time."?

It doesn't make sense.

I didn't say they have to miss the concert, hell I din't know they went, but it does make sense. Some times you have to put in some extra time to get the business back on track.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863585)
I didn't say they have to miss the concert, hell I din't know they went, but it does make sense. Some times you have to put in some extra time to get the business back on track.

How many hours a day should they be putting in?

Bufkin 05-08-2017 09:13 PM

Countdown to Jorge Soler's first MLB hit as a Royal continues! Meanwhile in Chicago, Wade Davis is putting up Eric Gagne numbers. 2-0, 14.1 innings, 18 strikeouts, and not a single earned run in 15 appearances. A 0.00 ERA and 7 saves.

This will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in franchise history. And holy shit that's saying a lot.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 12863602)
Countdown to Jorge Soler's first MLB hit as a Royal continues! Meanwhile in Chicago, Wade Davis is putting up Eric Gagne numbers. 2-0, 14.1 innings, 18 strikeouts, and not a single earned run in 15 appearances. A 0.00 ERA and 7 saves.

This will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in franchise history. And holy shit that's saying a lot.

Yeah, 11 ABs into his career as a Royal is a large enough sample size to decide this. :rolleyes:

This thread is full of stupid lately.

Why Not? 05-08-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 12863602)

But, was Soler at a concert recently? This is the real question

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863597)
How many hours a day should they be putting in?

More than BP, warm-ups, and the game.

Look, I'm not going to put an exact number out there, but you're apparent assertion that they should just go about their lives the same at 11/20 as they would at 20/11 seems pretty nuts. And to appear to show any concern at being 11/20 when you "super competitive guys" seems a bit out of whack. Some folks may want to claim it's a poker face, other that it's irrelevant, others might think it means they don't care, but it's hardly what ultra competitive people do. I'm not asking them to burn down the locker room, but a few more knee-broken bats after swinging at balls might help. Even if it means nothing more than they'll need a new bat.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863614)
More than BP, warm-ups, and the game.

Look, I'm not going to put an exact number out there, but you're apparent assertion that they should just go about their lives the same at 11/20 as they would at 20/11 seems pretty nuts. And to appear to show any concern at being 11/20 when you "super competitive guys" seems a bit out of whack. Some folks may want to claim it's a poker face, other that it's irrelevant, others might think it means they don't care, but it's hardly what ultra competitive people do. I'm not asking them to burn down the locker room, but a few more knee-broken bats after swinging at balls might help. Even if it means nothing more than they'll need a new bat.

The truth is, you and I have no idea whatsoever how much time and work these guys are putting in. Sometimes it's too much. Sometimes you just have to get away and blow off steam, clear your mind.

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863620)
The truth is, you and I have no idea whatsoever how much time and work these guys are putting in. Sometimes it's too much. Sometimes you just have to get away and blow off steam, clear your mind.

I guess it was a super-tough spring training. But alas, you might be right, perhaps if they do nothing the awesome bus will drive up soon. Maybe it started tonight. Time will tell, but I'd prefer to see a little emotion during times like thus.

And I had already done the "3....2....1..... They're trying too hard" thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863526)
Explain your comment. Why was it not a good look? And why does them wearing their uniforms matter?

note that I don't care what they do on off-time including going to concerts strip clubs or whatever.
but while they are stinking so bad and so far under expectations maybe they shouldn't publicize such free time fun. its a 'look at me' moment at a time when people who invest time and money watching and going to games are frustrated with them. wearing the unis is just kind of corny.
Going is fine. Hyping it on twitter is tone deaf is all.

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863620)

I think glorydayz opinion is dumb. also the rest of the posts over the last few weeks that say stuff about how the players don't care. aside ffrom just having pride and wanting to win, not wanting to be benched, etc, they all have lots of reasons $$$ to care about their performance and effort.
and what, the pitching staff does care but the hitters don't? Makes no sense.

My only opinion on the concert just that it isn't a great idea to PUBLICIZE and hype the appearance on twitter while playing so poorly.

Prison Bitch 05-08-2017 10:34 PM

But! What did you think of Garths song they came out to? Appropo?

CoMoChief 05-08-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12863703)
note that I don't care what they do on off-time including going to concerts strip clubs or whatever.
but while they are stinking so bad and so far under expectations maybe they shouldn't publicize such free time fun. its a 'look at me' moment at a time when people who invest time and money watching and going to games are frustrated with them. wearing the unis is just kind of corny.
Going is fine. Hyping it on twitter is tone deaf is all.

Dude, its a ****ing game. LMAO

These are adults who can make their own decisions.

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12863754)
Dude, its a ****ing game. LMAO

These are adults who can make their own decisions.

this place isn't big on nuance. what does being adults who can make their own decisions have to do with anything?
I didn't say they shouldn't go, I didn't say it is a huge deal, I didn't say they should be in the batting cage.
I said its probably not a good idea to hype it when your customers are pretty frustrated with you

Demonpenz 05-08-2017 11:54 PM

It does look like shit that they are out like nothing is wrong.

duncan_idaho 05-09-2017 04:54 AM

Assertions that this group isn't trying hard enough/doesn't care are way off base. If anything, they're trying too hard and pressing as a collective.

Relaxing and blowing off some steam is probably more what the team needs than more work. I get he idea that the optics of that/publicizing that may be too much. But These guys are highly motivated for this year, between contract years for so many and Ventura's death.

Re: Soler and Davis, way too early to draw any conclusions about that. It does indeed look like Wade Davis is healthy, which means he will be dominant.

But that wasn't a one-year deal. Soler has three years of control beyond this one and huge upside. That's what KC was trading on/for.

ChiTown 05-09-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12863783)
Assertions that this group isn't trying hard enough/doesn't care are way off base. If anything, they're trying too hard and pressing as a collective.

Relaxing and blowing off some steam is probably more what the team needs than more work. I get he idea that the optics of that/publicizing that may be too much. But These guys are highly motivated for this year, between contract years for so many and Ventura's death.

Re: Soler and Davis, way too early to draw any conclusions about that. It does indeed look like Wade Davis is healthy, which means he will be dominant.

But that wasn't a one-year deal. Soler has three years of control beyond this one and huge upside. That's what KC was trading on/for.

Agreed on both items.

Also, thanks for putting together the positional breakdown in our Farm System. Very helpful. Hope you're felling better!

Dartgod 05-09-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863644)
I guess it was a super-tough spring training. But alas, you might be right, perhaps if they do nothing the awesome bus will drive up soon. Maybe it started tonight. Time will tell, but I'd prefer to see a little emotion during times like thus.

And I had already done the "3....2....1..... They're trying too hard" thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

When did I ever say that they were "doing nothing"? You and I have no idea what they are and aren't doing outside of what the press is reporting.

Sure-Oz 05-09-2017 07:01 AM

Agree with Duncan

Trying way too hard offensively...these guys care... hopefully they can right this ship by the end of the month...if not hope they produce well enough to bring in good prospects

Lex Luthor 05-09-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12862937)
We'll see if he takes the Gil Meche route if he continues his current production. It's becoming more and more common for struggling vets to take FO jobs around the league. From the beginning of his career, he has always taken his struggles the hardest and has had a long standing loyalty to KC.

I don't know why anyone would ever take the Gil Meche route. Gil Meche was a lovable idiot to do that, especially since it was goddamn Trey Hillman's ****ing fault that Gil Meche had shoulder problems in the first place.

:cuss::cuss::cuss: **** you Trey Hillman, you ****ing ****! :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Chiefspants 05-09-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12863814)
I don't know why anyone would ever take the Gil Meche route. Gil Meche was a lovable idiot to do that, especially since it was goddamn Trey Hillman's ****ing fault that Gil Meche had shoulder problems in the first place.

:cuss::cuss::cuss: **** you Trey Hillman, you ****ing ****! :cuss::cuss::cuss:

It's becoming at least a little more commonplace for players in Meche's position to opt to take a FO job their last year to help cut salary for the team.

It helps teams from a budgetary standpoint and serves as a launching pad for the next part of a player's career. With Gordo's history in KC, I'd say there's an outside shot that something like this happens for his last year of his contract if he keeps up this production through next season.

carcosa 05-09-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863608)
Yeah, 11 ABs into his career as a Royal is a large enough sample size to decide this. :rolleyes:

But there have been so many save situations this season!!! We need Wade more than we need a young power hitter with multiple years of control!!!!

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12863826)
But there have been so many save situations this season!!! We need Wade more than we need a young power hitter with multiple years of control!!!!

Herrera has already blown two games giving up bombs in the 9th. And we are barely into May. It's not entirely unfair to say for this year it's looking dire.

I think Soler will produce in his time here but won't be shocked if he sucks. It was a boom/bust deal that small markets always have to make

Discuss Thrower 05-09-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863608)

Trading Wade was the right move.

But getting Soler in return was not.

Sure-Oz 05-09-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12863979)
Trading Wade was the right move.

But getting Soler in return was not.

His injury concerns reduced his value...that's why they only got Soler. I'm sure they asked for a prospect or two

Chiefspants 05-09-2017 10:20 AM

The Cubs subreddit said the Royals wanted Baez before Wade's injury in the previous summer. The arm injuries (which are often precursors to TJS), were definitely detrimental to Wade's value.

FringeNC 05-09-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12863783)

With the exception of Hosmer. He's been about the worst player since last June. I'm sure the coaching staff was trying to get him to become more selective at the plate, but Hosmer was having none of it. It seems that his slump got so bad, he finally accepted the advice -- and the results are hardly surprising.

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12863998)
The Cubs subreddit said the Royals wanted Baez before Wade's injury in the previous summer. The arm injuries (which are often precursors to TJS), were definitely detrimental to Wade's value.

They'd never have given him up

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 10:53 AM

Here's a question thinking about Alex' 72M deal: who's the biggest genius among the players? My candidates:

1) Big Panda Sandoval: grabs 5/95 from Boston, immediately eats himself into oblivion. Now in his Turd (that is third in poopspeak) year, has 579 combined PA with a -2.5 fWAR. Negative batting fielding and running metrics. No fat shaming please!

2) Matt Cain: grabs 5/127 from dupes in SF, using the "face of the franchise" threat. Tossed 1500IP prior 7 years, 350 so far into his 5th. 1.3 total WAR or 9.4M in value for 104M in pay

3) Bret Anderson. Took 1/15.8 from Dodgers last year and fired all of 11 innings before calling it a day. Has made 72M to throw 500IP last 6 years, producing 4.5 WAR. No Okie State alum has stolen this much money since T Boone Pickens. Oh, and he just went on the DL again for the Cubs after grunting out 22IP of 8.18 ERA

4) Rich Hill. Grabs 3/48 from Dodgers after putting up 110 IP last year. The prior 7 years he did 103 IP total. Tossed 8 IP this year before blisters put him on the shelf.

Honorable mention: Brandon Moss. 27M for 4 years including next. 1.4 total war, already counting days till he retires to a cabin to fish all day like Jeff King

suzzer99 05-09-2017 11:38 AM

LOLOLOL at the Cubs giving up Baez.

Chiefspants 05-09-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12864123)
LOLOLOL at the Cubs giving up Baez.

Yeah, Theo's response was pretty direct on that one, I'm sure.

GloryDayz 05-09-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12863719)
I think glorydayz opinion is dumb. also the rest of the posts over the last few weeks that say stuff about how the players don't care. aside ffrom just having pride and wanting to win, not wanting to be benched, etc, they all have lots of reasons $$$ to care about their performance and effort.
and what, the pitching staff does care but the hitters don't? Makes no sense.

My only opinion on the concert just that it isn't a great idea to PUBLICIZE and hype the appearance on twitter while playing so poorly.

LOL, it's easy to have your opinion, it's a little harder to have mine. We get it, you're a suck-up to the team. Maybe one day they'll invite you to a team BBQ because you were nice to them when they clearly appeared to not care when they were the worst team in baseball. Perhaps they'll give you a leg lamp.

SAUTO 05-09-2017 11:57 AM

There is no "they clearly appear to not care" going on here.

That's ****ing crazy talk.

GloryDayz 05-09-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863793)
When did I ever say that they were "doing nothing"? You and I have no idea what they are and aren't doing outside of what the press is reporting.

I'm pretty sure we're seeing them not show any emotion or concern about being the worst team in baseball. Competitive people usually show a little something when they're this bad.

But we agree, what they're doing behind closed doors is a total mystery. But whatever it might be wasn't doing a lot of good until yesterday.

Let's hope the go on that 10-3 run.

GloryDayz 05-09-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12864148)
There is no "they clearly appear to not care" going on here.

That's ****ing crazy talk.

You're right, one guy broke a bat over his knee...

Progress..

ChiefsCountry 05-09-2017 12:03 PM

The stupidity around never ceases to amaze me.

Dartgod 05-09-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12864162)

Stupidity is to be expected. Doubling (and even tripling!) down on it is really dumb.

Discuss Thrower 05-09-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12863992)
His injury concerns reduced his value...that's why they only got Soler. I'm sure they asked for a prospect or two

Sure. That doesn't mean you take a flier on a guy that has been given a few chances to cut it in the majors but doesn't produce when given said chances.

GloryDayz 05-09-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12864208)
Stupidity is to be expected. Doubling (and even tripling!) down on it is really dumb.

I'm sorry I've upset you. I just want a little emotion out of my team when they're sucking.

SAUTO 05-09-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12864150)
You're right, one guy broke a bat over his knee...

Progress..

Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about.

You don't go from a team who wins it all predicated on basically caring and hard work to a team that just doesnt care in all of their free agency years, especially after a teammate dies.

They are pressing, use some common sense here. It seems as though tiger and sandy's idiocy is infecting some of you guys.

duncan_idaho 05-09-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12864218)
I'm sorry I've upset you. I just want a little emotion out of my team when they're sucking.

Here's the thing: Emotion is a fine edge to walk in baseball.

There's a reason "try easier" is one of the most commonly spoken phrases in high-level baseball. Thinking is often the enemy. Letting emotion into things for many guys leads to more thinking.

There value in having a calm, steady approach to things, especially when you're a position player with a track record of success.

They're frustrated by the start. That's obvious, just from little things. They're not out there, happy-go-lucky and not caring.

Meatloaf 05-09-2017 01:03 PM

I just got in on the tail-end of a replay of a discussion 810 (Petro) had with Jason Stark. From what I could tell, Stark said that many scouts felt that most knew what Alex Gordon's problems were at the plate, but that he was doing nothing to implement changes.

Sorry, but I didn't hear specifics other than something about "where his hands were" while batting. The sum and substance of what I took away from it was that Gordon was simply not doing anything to rectify his approach. Kinda makes sense as Gordon strikes me as a guy with an iron will (as evidenced by his dietary and workout protocols) who will not "cave in" to changing his approach to things.

Did anyone else hear these comments from Stark? If so, perhaps you could better explain what he was saying???

GloryDayz 05-09-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12864219)
Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about.

You don't go from a team who wins it all predicated on basically caring and hard work to a team that just doesnt care in all of their free agency years, especially after a teammate dies.

They are pressing, use some common sense here. It seems as though tiger and sandy's idiocy is infecting some of you guys.

First, I don't think YV has anything to do with this. It's sad the the world lost YV, we all miss him, but swinging at balls because of it (if that's what you're suggesting) is quite a stretch.

I can appreciate the idea of pressing, and our #1 problem right now is what our guys are doing at the plate, and I'd expect to see see reports of the players asking for copious amounts of additional BP to help them start seeing the ball better.

And that's not even emotion, that's a reaction to knowing you need to improve, and perhaps comes after a few more broken bats.

GloryDayz 05-09-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12864245)
Here's the thing: Emotion is a fine edge to walk in baseball.

There's a reason "try easier" is one of the most commonly spoken phrases in high-level baseball. Thinking is often the enemy. Letting emotion into things for many guys leads to more thinking.

There value in having a calm, steady approach to things, especially when you're a position player with a track record of success.

They're frustrated by the start. That's obvious, just from little things. They're not out there, happy-go-lucky and not caring.

Let's hope their calm approach started paying off and they don't regress.

Dartgod 05-09-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12864218)

And I just want them to stop sucking.

SAUTO 05-09-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12864313)
First, I don't think YV has anything to do with this. It's sad the the world lost YV, we all miss him, but swinging at balls because of it (if that's what you're suggesting) is quite a stretch.

I can appreciate the idea of pressing, and our #1 problem right now is what our guys are doing at the plate, and I'd expect to see see reports of the players asking for copious amounts of additional BP to help them start seeing the ball better.

And that's not even emotion, that's a reaction to knowing you need to improve, and perhaps comes after a few more broken bats.

What I'm suggesting in regards to yv is the fact that they might be pressing to honor him.

Bob Dole 05-09-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12864321)
Let's hope their calm approach started paying off and they don't regress.

They used up their entire allotment of May runs yesterday.

WhawhaWhat 05-09-2017 01:41 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> vs RHP Andriese:<br>Escobar SS<br>Moose 3B<br>Cain CF<br>Hosmer 1B<br>Perez C<br>Gordon LF<br>Merrifield 2B<br>Moss DH<br>Bonifacio RF<br>Young P</p>&mdash; Joel Goldberg (@goldbergkc) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldbergkc/status/862028461430407168">May 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12864162)

https://33.media.tumblr.com/6d96e3f1...74xfo2_250.gif

BigCatDaddy 05-09-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12864213)
Sure. That doesn't mean you take a flier on a guy that has been given a few chances to cut it in the majors but doesn't produce when given said chances.

At a position where you have a top prospect at also.

C3HIEF3S 05-09-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12864371)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> vs RHP Andriese:<br>Escobar SS<br>Moose 3B<br>Cain CF<br>Hosmer 1B<br>Perez C<br>Gordon LF<br>Merrifield 2B<br>Moss DH<br>Bonifacio RF<br>Young P</p>&mdash; Joel Goldberg (@goldbergkc) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldbergkc/status/862028461430407168">May 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

Let the magic continue!!

Titty Meat 05-09-2017 03:00 PM

All of this drama and they are only 6 out. An OK May and they still in this thing.

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 03:10 PM

Only 6 out?

That's like screwing a 4, and saying you're only 6 away from a 10.

Jerok 05-09-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12864505)
All of this drama and they are only 6 out. An OK May and they still in this thing.

My worst nightmare is the Royals being barely in it, not trading, then tanking in August/September and missing the playoffs, then we have 10 years of hell.

Chiefspants 05-09-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 12864521)
My worst nightmare is the Royals being barely in it, not trading, then tanking in August/September and missing the playoffs, then we have 10 years of hell.

This is the worst case scenario. Whether or not they're buyers or sellers, the worst thing the Royals could do is stand pat at the deadline.

Great Expectations 05-09-2017 03:41 PM

Why did Ned ever move Escobar out of the lead off spot? Clearly the team tries harder when he leads off.

KChiefs1 05-09-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 12864521)

It's actually good they are tanking at this time. If they waited to tank in August we'd be screwed.

duncan_idaho 05-09-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12864428)
At a position where you have a top prospect at also.

You mean Bonifacio? Or Dozier?

Neither really is a "top" prospect.

The Royals' return was limited by a few things: Davis' injury profile and the Royals' desire to get a ready-to-contribute player.

Long way to go before we know what's what with Soler. He has tremendous raw power and has displayed a good knowledge of the strike zone so far in his career, so I'm going to remain optimistic he can start to reach the potential that made him a consensus top 20 guy in all of baseball.

BigCatDaddy 05-09-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12864578)
You mean Bonifacio? Or Dozier?

Neither really is a "top" prospect.

The Royals' return was limited by a few things: Davis' injury profile and the Royals' desire to get a ready-to-contribute player.

Long way to go before we know what's what with Soler. He has tremendous raw power and has displayed a good knowledge of the strike zone so far in his career, so I'm going to remain optimistic he can start to reach the potential that made him a consensus top 20 guy in all of baseball.

Both. Just seemed like an odd position to fill in that trade.

duncan_idaho 05-09-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12864655)
Both. Just seemed like an odd position to fill in that trade.

Big difference there is that Dozier/Bonifacio's upsides top out as solid regular types, while Soler has All-Star potential.

I've been told they also looked at 2B as a return, and know they have talked specifically to San Francisco about Joe Panik. Not sure if they ever considered a Panik for Davis swap, but sure as glad it was for more than that.

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 05:16 PM

You don't like Panik???

Great Expectations 05-09-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12864786)
You don't like Panik???

Can you imagine how stoked we'd be if Raul was as good at the plate as Panik?

SBInfinity 05-09-2017 11:50 PM

Wade Davis 0.00 ERA
Jorge Soler .000 avg

duncan_idaho 05-10-2017 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12864786)
You don't like Panik???

Joe Panik is a perfectly fine baseball player, but he's really just a guy, IMO.

At best, he's a solid regular. Whole four years of that would be an OK return for someone like Wade Davis and work out well in terms of value, it would kind of be the equivalent of eating unflavored steel cut oatmeal for breakfast.

Prison Bitch 05-10-2017 07:24 AM

Man, I don't see that at all. Finally fixing our 2B with a 2 war guy for 4 years sounds great to me.

KCCHIEFS27 05-10-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12865689)
Wade Davis 0.00 ERA
Jorge Soler .000 avg

Thanks for the update. Be sure to come back and remind us every once in a while. 13 PA's into the guys Royals career and it's the worst trade of all-time. Smh.