ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Missing Planeteers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300301)

BigRedChief 09-23-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15189209)
It's 2020. I'm not sure that's actually possible.

True dat. ;)

GloryDayz 09-23-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15189201)
I love you man except for that one little thing....... politics. Your kind of partisan. As am I. We already have Bwana and Bowser as partisan mods. Nothing against them either. As far as I know neither of them have ever let partisan politics change how they moderate the board.

Just my two cents that any future mods should be apolitical. Again nothing personal against you or any current mods.

I understand, and I am kinda partisan. I'm just offering. It's all good. I just really think we have great Mods on this board, just like DaFace is (and I say "is" because I hope he comes back soon), so I'd just like to help lighten their lift.

BigRedChief 09-23-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15189223)
I understand, and I am kinda partisan. I'm just offering. It's all good. I just really think we have great Mods on this board, just like DaFace is (and I say "is" because I hope he comes back soon), so I'd just like to help lighten their lift.

If we left the politics alone, and we tailgated at a game or had a BBQ we’d have a great time partying together. :thumb:

GloryDayz 09-23-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15189242)
If we left the politics alone, and we tailgated at a game or had a BBQ we’d have a great time partying together. :thumb:

Never truer words spoken...

Bowser 09-23-2020 08:47 PM

This sums up my time as a mod

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160415213337

Baby Lee 09-23-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15189209)
It's 2020. I'm not sure that's actually possible.

There are tons of non-poltical topics to talk about, and tons of things to talk about in a non-political way.

Problem is, politics has increasingly been the exertion of power over the lives of others. So when politics comes up, even innocently or obliquely, people are invested.

For instance, you can talk all the live-long day about a delicious steak, or you can moan about carbon footprints and slaughterhouse procedures. You can talk about a movie, or moan about representation and subtext and messaging in the movie.

Now small talk has been transformed into judgment.

There is a dynamic that needs to be addressed without recrimination, because it's there, but people get their hackles up about it. The left has this notion that life is political, but they hate politics. This is in part because they make politically 'charged' remarks without being explicit. For some it's passive-agression, for some it's that they are legitimately oblivious to how politically charged they sound. The right OTOH, actually wants to avoid politicization, but when politics come up, they are blunt and explicit. They aren't oblique or symbolic or coded.

So you get an exchange like;

L: 'geez, what is with the world today?' /eyeroll . . . [subtext, all my political opponents are really messing things up]
R: 'yeah, thank Gawd for Trump!!'
L: 'WTF!?!? Where did that come from?'

BigRedChief 09-23-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15189257)
Never truer words spoken...

Patteau showed up at my tailgate one time. We had a helluva good time. We still talk off line about our real lives and check in on each other. Several tailgates with Bowser too. Always a good time.

GloryDayz 09-23-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15189288)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pRJOzgKJyCg/hqdefault.jpg

Simply Red 09-23-2020 10:05 PM

I'm almost positive Smed has left us. I can't find his exact, real name.

He wasn't doing well, years ago. :( I'm hoping I'm wrong but I don't think so.

I did email him and have yet to hear back. Sorry I didn't make a better effort to help you buddy and if this is truly the case; RIP.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249441

KurtCobain 09-24-2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15188924)
I always hear this, but it doesn't seem like anyone is ever in a real hurry to relinquish their moderator positions.

And with myself up to bat it would end up being a positive thing.

morphius 09-24-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15188924)
I always hear this, but it doesn't seem like anyone is ever in a real hurry to relinquish their moderator positions.

For me, I didn't like the idea of chasing off good members by making them moderators, lol. We had a run where most moderators got sick of it and disappeared.

htismaqe 09-24-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15189576)
For me, I didn't like the idea of chasing off good members by making them moderators, lol. We had a run where most moderators got sick of it and disappeared.

Yep.

Radar Chief 09-24-2020 07:41 AM

Anyone heard anything from LVNHACK?
I always liked that guy and last I knew he was doing private contract work in the great sand box as a bomb sniffing / security dog handler. Last posted since August 2015 and it would be nice to at least know whether he made it home or not.

luv 09-24-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 15187539)
There used to be a CP facebook page that had a couple of "who are you on CP?" posts. I don't know if it's still alive or if any of the missing planeteers posted in it (or admitted real names).

That was me. I think Bearcat was an admin, too. Closed group, and you had to send us a message stating who you are on here before you got in. No way I would do that now. Too many crazies roaming around here now.

Simply Red 09-24-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Hi Bud.

morphius 09-24-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15189664)
Hi Bud.

Hey! Hope you are well!

htismaqe 09-24-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15189674)
Hey! Hope you are well!

Z-man next time I'm in town? :D

Frazod 09-24-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 15189634)
Anyone heard anything from LVNHACK?
I always liked that guy and last I knew he was doing private contract work in the great sand box as a bomb sniffing / security dog handler. Last posted since August 2015 and it would be nice to at least know whether he made it home or not.

Yeah, he was one of my favorites. Got me primo seats to the Chiefs/Donx game in 2003.

While I haven't heard anything out of him in years, there's no reason to read anything into it. I think he just tired of the board and moved on. I certainly hope he is well.

Bugeater 09-24-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

But yet they never resigned from their positions...

htismaqe 09-24-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15189704)
But yet they never resigned from their positions...

Several of us did. Are you thinking of one or two people in particular by chance?

morphius 09-24-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15189689)

Sure thing!

Eleazar 09-24-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Is it that rough?

I guess you probably do need a dispassionate "I don't care what you think" attitude in order to do it.

htismaqe 09-24-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 15189735)
Is it that rough?

I guess you probably do need a dispassionate "I don't care what you think" attitude in order to do it.

The problem with having an "I don't care what you think" attitude is then you can get trigger happy. You have to have at least a smidge of empathy.

You're constantly walking that fine line and no matter what you do, SOMEBODY is going to be mad because every argument has two sides. You can't ever please them both.

Reerun_KC 09-24-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 15189658)
That was me. I think Bearcat was an admin, too. Closed group, and you had to send us a message stating who you are on here before you got in. No way I would do that now. Too many crazies roaming around here now.

This, the quality of people here vs the old days is drastically different. People here now love to take CP into peoples personal life WAY TOO often.

10 years ago people would help people, support folks and become friends. IN the last couple years some of the new CP members arent people you want to associate with and they will do everything they can to destroy and ruin peoples personal life.

CP isnt the CP it used to be and probably never will be...

Frazod 09-24-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 15189740)
This, the quality of people here vs the old days is drastically different. People here now love to take CP into peoples personal life WAY TOO often.

10 years ago people would help people, support folks and become friends. IN the last couple years some of the new CP members arent people you want to associate with and they will do everything they can to destroy and ruin peoples personal life.

It had already started to turn before you even got here. Far too many people here who only exist to douche the place up. They never have a kind word to say to or about anybody.

BigCatDaddy 09-24-2020 09:09 AM

Sorter? By far the best guy at breaking down film on here.

Eleazar 09-24-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15189737)
The problem with having an "I don't care what you think" attitude is then you can get trigger happy. You have to have at least a smidge of empathy.

You're constantly walking that fine line and no matter what you do, SOMEBODY is going to be mad because every argument has two sides. You can't ever please them both.

Yeah, I definitely understand that. You probably need people who aren't personally involved with a lot of the members in the real world so that personal feelings or real-life friendships don't get in the way.

Eleazar 09-24-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't want to mix my real life with this place today under any circumstances. That's not JUST a CP thing, but it is also a CP thing

Bearcat 09-24-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15189689)

Have you tried the Rocket Pig? It's fairly new (in the last couple years) and it's fantastic.

TEX 09-24-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Yep. Been here since day 1. Much better place back in the day. Still have friends that I met back in the old 37 Forever days. Would not even think about involving most of the new crowd in my personal life.

crazycoffey 09-25-2020 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15189737)

I have no idea what’s that like irl....

crazycoffey 09-25-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15189056)
I wouldn't call it miserable (definitely thankless, assholes).

Budgets have been tight and the mod lounge hasn't been immune to the weak economy... there's still beer Friday though, so that helps morale.

Thank you. And all the mods over all time. Even Zach

htismaqe 09-25-2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 15191531)
Thank you. And all the mods over all time. Even Zach

I'm glad I'm not a mod anymore. I enjoy this place much more than back then. A big part of that, though, isn't that the board changed, it's that I changed. I was 27 when we started this place, just got married, and had no kids.

My oldest daughter is talking about getting married now. I'm a completely different person.

That being said, I wouldn't go back and change anything. It has all worked out in the end. Super Bowl Champs!

luv 09-25-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15191539)
I'm glad I'm not a mod anymore. I enjoy this place much more than back then. A big part of that, though, isn't that the board changed, it's that I changed. I was 27 when we started this place, just got married, and had no kids.

My oldest daughter is talking about getting married now. I'm a completely different person.

That being said, I wouldn't go back and change anything. It has all worked out in the end. Super Bowl Champs!

Just think, a lot of the guys on here were the age you are now when this place started. It's easier to see now how they looked at the younger ones and thought, "They'll learn."

I really didn't start coming out of my shell until my mid twenties, so 24-34 were kind of my coming of age years. And I tended to overshare on here, because I knew more people on here than I did irl. Looking back.... Man, yeah. Change.

I know that I stopped posting as much on here once I started dating and having a life. I think this place is just a phase for a lot of people. Once they've "outgrown" it, they simply leave. Life happens. That, or social media took over.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 15191549)
Just think, a lot of the guys on here were the age you are now when this place started. It's easier to see now how they looked at the younger ones and thought, "They'll learn."

I really didn't start coming out of my shell until my mid twenties, so 24-34 were kind of my coming of age years. And I tended to overshare on here, because I knew more people on here than I did irl. Looking back.... Man, yeah. Change.

I know that I stopped posting as much on here once I started dating and having a life. I think this place is just a phase for a lot of people. Once they've "outgrown" it, they simply leave. Life happens. That, or social media took over.

I left for a while but that was more because of the team and the fact that I just got sick of arguing about stuff. It wasn't fun for a while there, just tedious.

As opposed to social media, which is almost NEVER fun, just tedious. Social media is a tool to talk to distant family members and market stuff. This place is way more social.

Chiefspants 09-25-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15191539)

That’s wild. I am 27 now. Married, and our child will be born in October. Any advice?

htismaqe 09-25-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15191576)
That’s wild. I am 27 now. Married, and our child will be born in October. Any advice?

https://external-content.duckduckgo....gif&f=1&nofb=1

htismaqe 09-25-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

All joking aside, my oldest daughter was born in October.

The first 10 years with girls was serene. No falling out of trees, jumping homemade bike ramps, or firecracker accidents.

Then they turn 12-13 and everything goes to hell in a hand basket. ;)

Mecca 09-25-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15191581)

The first 10 years with girls was serene. No falling out of trees, jumping homemade bike ramps, or firecracker accidents.

Teen girls are the worst, they're moody as ****, super dramatic, everything is the end of the world, whiny as shit, etc.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15191618)
Teen girls are the worst, they're moody as ****, super dramatic, everything is the end of the world, whiny as shit, etc.

I love my girls to death but yeah, they're in a different world when it comes to emotional stuff...

Mecca 09-25-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15191619)
I love my girls to death but yeah, they're in a different world when it comes to emotional stuff...

It becomes frustrating, I let my wife handle most all of it because I can't relate to someone who thinks they're world is ending because they didn't see their boyfriend today.

Chiefspants 09-25-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15191581)

Good to know. We have a boy on the way, so I'm appreciating our beautiful house now, because I have a feeling it'll look like the road to Mordor by the time he's a teenager.

Mecca 09-25-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15191621)
Good to know. We have a boy on the way, so I'm appreciating our beautiful house now, because I have a feeling it'll look like the road to Mordor by the time he's a teenager.

Teen boys though are much easier, hand them a controller and things roll smooth, girls though will threaten to smear your blood on the wall because you dare threaten that her boyfriend isn't the most important thing in this world.

morphius 09-25-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15191618)

Ha, my 14 year old girl is my spirit animal. She wasn't happy when I told her that, but she has fallen into acceptance.

Chiefspants 09-25-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15191622)
Teen boys though are much easier, hand them a controller and things roll smooth, girls though will threaten to smear your blood on the wall because you dare threaten that her boyfriend isn't the most important thing in this world.

That's what I've heard, though also I expect to come home with a few holes in the wall and a BS story about how a stranger came in the house and practiced their fastballs or some such (if he's anything like I was at 12 :) ).

htismaqe 09-25-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15191622)

One of my best friends always said girls are easier for the first 10 years and boys are easier for the second 10.

Teen boys are easier, but you have to get through the 15,000 trips to the ER first before you get there.

Girls just wake up one day and they're suddenly complicated.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15191623)
Ha, my 14 year old girl is my spirit animal. She wasn't happy when I told her that, but she has fallen into acceptance.

I don't have any boys. Despite the fact that I have two girls, 16 and 18, I don't WANT any boys.

I love my girls, crazy drama and all.

luv 09-25-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15191621)

Toys everywhere. In his bedroom, in the play room, in the living room, in the kitchen, and in our bedroom. My kiddo is 4, and he's currently into monster trucks, Lego, and cars (which he tends to pretend are all transformers of some kind). Lots more, but those are the main ones. And, yes, I've stepped on my fair share of Lego bricks. :)

I wanted a boy so bad, as did my boyfriend. Totally figured I'd end up with a girl...lol. I had more than one friend tell me that they couldn't see me being anything other than a boy mom. So thankful for my little guy.

GloryDayz 09-25-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Be ready for the most wonderful years of your life. There are many rewarding things in life, I've been blessed with a great life, but our kids have been the cornerstone of that great life.

Advice. Get involved... Resist any temptation to put work above your kids. You can't not work, but you can make sure you do everything in your power to be with them, listen to them, let them find out who THEY are, and support it (within reason). At the same time, set boundaries and expectations. In our house (two sons), they have to 1) Become an Eagle Scout (shows persistence and perseverance for a kid), 2) play a musical instrument (studies show it helps the brain in so many ways, and gives them an appreciation of the arts), and 3) they have to play a sport (because too many kids today are fat and don't get what sports really teach). Next, coach... I coach(ed) football, baseball, wrestling, and hockey, it is/was quality time with my sons, and they got to experience physical challenges that come along with sports and physical competition. Like last night, we rushed from Hockey Practice to marching band practice. It was a good night.

Open doors for them. While both my sons dive because they saw me dive, I never pushed them into it, but when they showed interest I jumped at the chance to let them take it as far as they want. My younger son wants to fly so we're working that now too (where there's a will there's a way). It's just a matter of opening doors for them to try things. Oh, and if they find they don't like it, let it go.

So make sure you don't squander these next two decades with that wonderful son or daughter, embrace it, enjoy it, and while you don't need to live vicariously through your kids, you sure as heck can be involved.

Above all, love that/those kid(s) without reservation. They are you, you are them, they will always be yours. Make sure they know, no matter what, that you'll always love them.

Hope that helps...

htismaqe 09-25-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15191648)
Be ready for the most wonderful years of your life. There are many rewarding things in life, I've been blessed with a great life, but our kids have been the cornerstone of a a great life.

Advice. Get involved... Resist any temptation to put work above your kids. You can't not work, but you can make sure you do everything in your power to be with them, listen to them, let them find out who THEY are, and support it (within reason). At the same time, set boundaries and expectations. In our house (two sons), they have to 1) Become an Eagle Scout (shows persistence and perseverance for a kid), play a musical instrument (studies show it helps the brain in so many ways, and gives them an appreciation of the arts), and they have to play a sport (because too many kids today are fat and don't get what sports really teach). Next, coach... I coach(ed) football, baseball, wrestling, and hockey, it is/was quality time with my sons, and they got to experience physical challenges that come along with sports and physical competition. Like last night, we rushed from Hockey Practice to marching band practice. It was a good night.

Open doors for them. While both my sons dive because they saw me dive, I never pushed them into it, but when they showed interest, I jumped at the chance to let them take it as far as they want. My yonder son wants to fly, so we're working that too. It's a matter of opening doors for them to try things. Oh, and if they find they don't like it, let it go.

So make sure you don't squander these next two decades with that wonderful son or daughter, embrace it, enjoy it, and you don't need to live vicariously through your kids, you sure as heck can be involved.

Above all, love that/those kid(s) without reservation. They are you, you are them, they will always be yours. Make sure they know that, no matter what, you'll always love them.
Hope that helps...

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

alanm 09-25-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15189697)
Yeah, he was one of my favorites. Got me primo seats to the Chiefs/Donx game in 2003.

While I haven't heard anything out of him in years, there's no reason to read anything into it. I think he just tired of the board and moved on. I certainly hope he is well.

Hack was here bout a year and a half ago. He was still running dogs in Afghanistan. I seem to recall his home base was in Illinois. Don't know if he is back home yet or not.

Eleazar 09-25-2020 10:02 AM

has go bo been mentioned?

Bwana 09-25-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 15191725)

Yeah he hasn't been on in over a year, hope he's good.

Last Activity: 09-01-2019 04:32 AM

Frosty 09-25-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15191648)
My yonder son wants to fly

Sorry but this typo is kinda funny. "Into the wild blue yonder!"

BigRedChief 09-25-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 15191725)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15191841)
Yeah he hasn't been on in over a year, hope he's good.

Last Activity: 09-01-2019 04:32 AM

I thought I remembered he liked and commented on of my posts on Facebook. I meant to follow up and ask how he was doing. Forget how long ago that was. He was and is having health issues last time we talked.

EDITED: Messaged him on Facebook. Last post was June 30th, so maybe he's still alive and kicking.

lewdog 09-25-2020 01:54 PM

I’m thinking of going missing.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15192159)

Don't go man. Who is else is going to hate me just because I'm from Iowa?

lewdog 09-25-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15192345)

Oh there’s plenty of people who hate Iowans.

stumppy 09-25-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15192399)
Oh there’s plenty of people who hate Iowans.

Isn't there a club?

htismaqe 09-25-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15192444)
Isn't there a club?

Yep, and you're not in it!

stumppy 09-25-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15192468)
Yep, and you're not in it!

:D

GloryDayz 09-25-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 15191961)
Sorry but this typo is kinda funny. "Into the wild blue yonder!"

:thumb:

GloryDayz 09-25-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15192159)

Don't make me come out there and find you!

Wait, y'all have places to dive, right?

Easy 6 09-25-2020 06:23 PM

What about Buzz?

I miss that dude, and his food... I'd have dinner with him anytime

My best guess is he didnt feel appreciated for his food contributions, criticism from some - looking at you PGM - got under his skin, its a damn shame because he was someone who could cook for me any old time

Pablo 09-25-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15192577)
What about Buzz?

My best guess is he didnt feel appreciated for his food contributions, criticism from some - looking at you PGM - got under his skin, its a damn shame because he was someone who could cook for me any old time

How quickly I'd trade that turn PGM for Buzz to come back...And yes I'd be glad to catch a buzz with him and have dinner.

duncan_idaho 09-25-2020 06:57 PM

Has anyone heard from Hamas lately?

I last chatted with him in May ... He was dealing with some shit then.

Easy 6 09-25-2020 07:17 PM

Honestly been wondering about Hamas myself, we know he's been battling cancer... damn man, I hope and pray he gets well

Such a young man, not too much younger than me... if you're listening dude, hang in there with all ya got

BigRedChief 09-25-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15192630)
Has anyone heard from Hamas lately?

I last chatted with him in May ... He was dealing with some shit then.

he’s alive and kicking. As he posted on here.....Battling cancer. Don’t want to post real life stuff from anyone on here without permission.

srvy 09-25-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15192577)
What about Buzz?

Yep Buzz cooked good old stick to your ribs food. It looked delicious and I like bread with my meal. Love toast but I cant find a decent toaster anymore, they all suck. I think its a combination of shitty quality of toasters and most store bought bread.

I always mentioned his toast but not in a demeaning way. I can be gruff I hope buzz didn't take it personally. He was a poster I liked and respected. Buzz is a diamond in a forum populated with a lot of goats asses.

EPodolak 09-25-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15192659)
Honestly been wondering about Hamas myself, we know he's been battling cancer... damn man, I hope and pray he gets well

Such a young man, not too much younger than me... if you're listening dude, hang in there with all ya got

I missed that, man, sorry to hear.

srvy 09-25-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 15192701)
I missed that, man, sorry to hear.

He posted in the golf thread last week after the US Open.

Pablo 09-25-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15192345)

How'd I miss this??

You're even a Corn East fan. The only difference between Iowa and Nebraska is that some parts of Omaha don't suck.

I'll gladly fill his spot.

Bugeater 09-25-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15192759)
How'd I miss this??

You're even a Corn East fan. The only difference between Iowa and Nebraska is that some parts of Omaha don't suck.

As a half century Nebraska resident, let me tell you the only thing that was ever better about Nebraska was their football team, and that time has long past. Truth is, there's really no comparison, they're not the same at all, Iowa is easily the most underrated state in the midwest. So many cool small towns, the DSM...the people...places to go....things to see...they're all better in Iowa.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15192759)
How'd I miss this??

The big difference between Iowa and Nebraska is we have a football team. :)

htismaqe 09-25-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15192804)
As a half century Nebraska resident, let me tell you the only thing that was ever better about Nebraska was their football team, and that time has long past. Truth is, there's really no comparison, they're not the same at all, Iowa is easily the most underrated state in the midwest. So many cool small towns, the DSM...the people...places to go....things to see...they're all better in Iowa.

You seem nice.

By the way, if you feel like a road trip, I'm planning a get together sometime later in the season at a Chiefs place in DSM.

Chiefspants 09-25-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15192804)

Yeah. Iowa gets a bad rap.

Was super impressed by the cities I visited over a summer during college. Super fun state.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15192826)

Was super impressed by the cities I visited over a summer during college. Super fun state.

I'm not super fond of it anymore, but I've lived here for 47 years and I've had the good fortune of living other places for a few brief moments, including Germany.

I'm not going to retire here, that's for sure. But it's not a bad place to live. It's quiet, cost effective, and my family is all here.

Bugeater 09-25-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15192820)
You seem nice.

By the way, if you feel like a road trip, I'm planning a get together sometime later in the season at a Chiefs place in DSM.

Yep I saw your thread and I'm definitely down with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15192826)

I don't think it's necessarily a bad rap as in people think negatively or anything, they just think it's all cornfields and farmers and not much else. But if l head out for a day trip somewhere, 9 out of 10 times I'm heading east across the river. I've been compiling pics and stories of my adventures there and will be starting a thread about them soon. Iowa deserves some love.

htismaqe 09-25-2020 10:03 PM

It's not all corn and farmers. We have thousands of ****ing windmills too! ROFL

Bugeater 09-25-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15192848)
It's not all corn and farmers. We have thousands of ****ing windmills too! ROFL

**** I've noticed....every damn time i come up that way on I-80 there's more of them. All the way from Avoca to Adel...they never stop.