ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   101 random roasts by misc Roastmasters - Thread #2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274123)

tooge 07-01-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786247)
So what did he do since this thread was started that justified a ban, even if you accept the dubious proposition that he should be subjected to special short leash rules?

First off, he even admitted that he was given a short leash upon his return, and that he agreed to it. In this post, he's spend the last several days of his existence here banging on a mod. You can hate your boss, teacher, cops, judges, etc., but when you are given a second (or 3rd at least), chance by said mod, you don't go running your mouth off to him. Plain and simple.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-01-2013 12:06 PM

Looked like he wanted this to happen TBH

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-01-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9786275)
Looked like he wanted this to happen TBH

Hootie is an idiot-savant. He wanted to get his ban in before camp, preseason, and the regular season begin.

Hootie:

http://snl.jt.org/caps/characters/An...20Sundberg.jpg

patteeu 07-01-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786254)
Beats me, wasn't around when it happened. I asked last night and no one has so much as pointed me in the direction of the related thread.

Big surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786254)
What I do know is that it isn't the first time. There is a pattern there. And when compared to myself, or any of the numerous other members who have not been banned, that pattern tells you it is that specific poster and not the moderators.

My point was not only relevant but, dead on. I don't get banned because I stay with in the rules of the community. Hootie is repeatefly banned. I'm going to go out on a limb and say for taking the exact opposite approach.

No, it was pretty irrelevant. There are plenty of ways to be a good poster. Being a moderator ass kisser who never says anything controversial or interesting, for example, would be one way to never be in danger of getting banned. We have room for posters like that here, but this message board would suck if everyone fit that description. There are lots of other ways to never risk a ban that can make for a fine poster, but they aren't the only ways to be a good poster. Voicing unpopular opinions and refusing to bow to the majority here puts you at risk of being banned (as memyselfi's experience illustrates), for example.

So again, speaking of staying within the rules of the community, what rule was it that Hootie broke? You don't have any idea, but that's not stopping you from being sure that Hootie is the guy at fault here. Brilliant.

patteeu 07-01-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9786266)
First off, he even admitted that he was given a short leash upon his return, and that he agreed to it. In this post, he's spend the last several days of his existence here banging on a mod. You can hate your boss, teacher, cops, judges, etc., but when you are given a second (or 3rd at least), chance by said mod, you don't go running your mouth off to him. Plain and simple.

OK, so you're saying that Phobia just didn't like how Hootie was speaking to him? Sorry, but that's extremely lame. I don't care what the rules are when dealing with bosses, teachers, cops, and judges IRL, that's a lame rule for a place like ChiefsPlanet.

Hootie offered several times to agree to mutually ignore Phobia, but Phobia refused. Phobia couldn't step away from Hootie. He had to prove his dominance instead. It was nothing but a power trip. A guy like that shouldn't be a moderator here. I know he's a friend of yours, but he doesn't really deserve respect or any benefit of the doubt for this episode. He got his feathers ruffled and banned a guy who he personally doesn't like and who hadn't been breaking any real rules since the day he came back.

Frazod 07-01-2013 12:39 PM

I see patty's swelling hasn't subsided any. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-01-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9786333)
I see patty's swelling hasn't subsided any. LMAO

No shit. The man would have argued flat earth until blue in the face.

BlackHelicopters 07-01-2013 12:45 PM

Flaky ball skin.

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786309)
Big surprise.

No, it was pretty irrelevant. There are plenty of ways to be a good poster. Being a moderator ass kisser who never says anything controversial or interesting, for example, would be one way to never be in danger of getting banned. We have room for posters like that here, but this message board would suck if everyone fit that description. There are lots of other ways to never risk a ban that can make for a fine poster, but they aren't the only ways to be a good poster. Voicing unpopular opinions and refusing to bow to the majority here puts you at risk of being banned (as memyselfi's experience illustrates), for example.

No, pretty much all you have to are stay with in the rules and you can voice most any opinion you want. Denise actually disproves your point. She can sympathize with terrorists after 9/11, she can only come out of the woodwork to spout controversial position on an already contreversial topic or some tragedy and still not be banned because she supposedly does not meet the traditional definition of a troll.

I disprove your point because I vehemently disagree with the mods not banning her. Yet neither her nor I have been banned. You are WRONG.

Quote:

So again, speaking of staying within the rules of the community, what rule was it that Hootie broke? You don't have any idea, but that's not stopping you from being sure that Hootie is the guy at fault here. Brilliant.
As already stated, Hootie has established a pattern. It would be same as me believing gochiefs deserved to get banned for something I didnt witness back in his trolling hay day (or even now for that matter). You build your own reputation. Hootie had to live with the one he has built for himself.

loochy 07-01-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786314)
OK, so you're saying that Phobia just didn't like how Hootie was speaking to him? Sorry, but that's extremely lame. I don't care what the rules are when dealing with bosses, teachers, cops, and judges IRL, that's a lame rule for a place like ChiefsPlanet.

Hootie offered several times to agree to mutually ignore Phobia, but Phobia refused. Phobia couldn't step away from Hootie. He had to prove his dominance instead. It was nothing but a power trip. A guy like that shouldn't be a moderator here. I know he's a friend of yours, but he doesn't really deserve respect or any benefit of the doubt for this episode. He got his feathers ruffled and banned a guy who he personally doesn't like and who hadn't been breaking any real rules since the day he came back.

Well guess what? It's not up to you. It's up to the one man that owns this place.

Rausch 07-01-2013 12:51 PM

I just want to make it clear that I hope this thread survives because it's been high comedy. 1ST rate great stuff.

At some point we probably should attempt to do this right.

loochy 07-01-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9786353)
I just want to make it clear that I hope this thread survives because it's been high comedy. 1ST rate great stuff.

At some point we probably should attempt to do this right.

meh, it'll just devolve into bickering

Frazod 07-01-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786356)
meh, it'll just devolve into bickering

**** you.

loochy 07-01-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9786358)
**** you.

Great example. :thumb:

Frazod 07-01-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786360)
Great example. :thumb:

Is not!

Rausch 07-01-2013 01:00 PM

Imagine a full thread for only roasting Phil, or Frazod, or Frankie, or GoChiefs...

loochy 07-01-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9786366)
Imagine a full thread for only roasting Phil, or Frazod, or Frankie, or GoChiefs...

well I know that Frankie has had several (unintentionally though)

BlackHelicopters 07-01-2013 01:19 PM

Big fun.

Donger 07-01-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9786392)
Big fun.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...874do1_400.jpg

loochy 07-01-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9786392)
Big fun.

Your mom.

patteeu 07-01-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786345)
No, pretty much all you have to are stay with in the rules and you can voice most any opinion you want. Denise actually disproves your point. She can sympathize with terrorists after 9/11, she can only come out of the woodwork to spout controversial position on an already contreversial topic or some tragedy and still not be banned because she supposedly does not meet the traditional definition of a troll.

I disprove your point because I vehemently disagree with the mods not banning her. Yet neither her nor I have been banned. You are WRONG.

Memyselfi (Denise) came within a few votes of being banned on at least one occasion (back when we took polls for such things). Assuming that those sense-of-the-community polls would have been acted upon if they'd have gone against her, and I'm confident they would have, it supports both my contention that we used to be more democratic and that merely having unpopular opinions can get you banned here.

I didn't say that disagreeing with mods will always get you banned, nor did I say that saying unpopular things will always get you banned. You're drowning in a pool of flawed logic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786345)
As already stated, Hootie has established a pattern. It would be same as me believing gochiefs deserved to get banned for something I didnt witness back in his trolling hay day (or even now for that matter). You build your own reputation. Hootie had to live with the one he has built for himself.

I'm not impressed with your unwavering lack of skepticism of Hootie's recent ban. The strength of your opinion coupled with your complete lack of knowledge about the specifics of this ban is impressive though.

patteeu 07-01-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786347)
Well guess what? It's not up to you. It's up to the one man that owns this place.

Yes, if AustinChief wants this to be a Phobia vanity project, AustinChief has the right to get what he wants.

loochy 07-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786456)
Yes, if AustinChief wants this to be a Phobia vanity project, AustinChief has the right to get what he wants.

So far it appears that is what he wants.

BigCatDaddy 07-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

And of course if one isn't a fan of a Phobia vanity project they are free to post elsewhere because obviously debating(bitching) isn't going to do any good.

BlackHelicopters 07-01-2013 01:56 PM

I can't distinguish fantasy from reality any more.

BigCatDaddy 07-01-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786458)

Right. If it bothers you that bad that you can most likely send him a PM about it. I HIGHLY doubt it hurts business any banning one nimrod.

Donger 07-01-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/JuwKW.gif

loochy 07-01-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9786461)
I can't distinguish fantasy from reality any more.

Fantasy: The Chiefs will win the AFC west this year.

Reality: The Chiefs were the worst team in football last year.

ptlyon 07-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786466)

Reality: The Chiefs have Alex Smith as their QB this year.

FYP

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786445)
Memyselfi (Denise) came within a few votes of being banned on at least one occasion (back when we took polls for such things). Assuming that those sense-of-the-community polls would have been acted upon if they'd have gone against her, and I'm confident they would have, it supports both my contention that we used to be more democratic and that merely having unpopular opinions can get you banned here.

The fact that she survived the votes is not winning me over to your idea that the democratic approach is better here.

Quote:

I didn't say that disagreeing with mods will always get you banned, nor did I say that saying unpopular things will always get you banned. You're drowning in a pool of flawed logic.
Re-read your previous paragraph above. In particular the last line. And if that isn't what you actually brlieve to be the case around here, then WTF are you bitching about? You can't have it both ways.

Quote:

I'm not impressed with your unwavering lack of skepticism of Hootie's recent ban. The strength of your opinion coupled with your complete lack of knowledge about the specifics of this ban is impressive though.
I'mm not impressed with your unwavering skepticism of the mod team. The strength of your opinion coupled with your complete lack of knowledge about thr spevifics of this ban is impressive though.

Geez, a weeping vag AND a hypocrite.

BlackHelicopters 07-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786466)

Reality: The Chiefs were the worst team in football last year.

Thanks. 3-13.

J Diddy 07-01-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9786253)
Everyone's a critic. Feel free to step up. If writing a terrible roast gets us to the Know Mo trail and out of this turd-fiesta; so be it.

First off, you tried to steal my number. In essence you tried to delete my roast.

This, of course you know, means war.

ptlyon 07-01-2013 02:32 PM

:popcorn:

tooge 07-01-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786314)

this has nothing to do with whether or not I'm friends with Phil. This has to do with the fact that I've thought Hootie was a douchebag since the day I joined this site. I've always gotten him and Billay confused. A couple of idiots that aren't aware that they are idiots and, in fact, think they are actually pretty cool. I'm not one that likes to give people second and third and fourth, etc., chances when all they are here to do is try to rile others up. That is what this is about for me, and I can only speak for myself, but I bet several others agree.

J Diddy 07-01-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786189)
We used to have votes on whether or not to ban someone who's primary offense was that he/she annoyed the hell out of a large group of posters. Memyselfi was the subject of several of those polls. She was way more unpopular than Hootie. She never lost a ban vote that I can remember. Back then, Phobia used to embrace the democratic nature of this community. Of course, now he's found god, developed a holier-than-thou self-image, and become a major hypocrite.

I know you want to keep your cool kid card with the inner circle, but I don't think you can justify Hootie's ban to yourself on the basis of legitimate rules (as opposed to the moderator protection rules and short leash special rules that Phobia has come up with lately). If Hootie broke a legit rule, it's a secret and secret rules and mysterious, seemingly arbitrary bannings are no way to run a message board either, IMO.

Ahhhhh.

I was waiting to hear from the founding member of the BBCLU (bulletin board civil liberties union) known as the baby clue.

If Hootie spent half as much time doing the right thing as you do defending him there'd be no need for the yearly dog humping.

In short Hootie started it, Gonzo shot him down b/c he knew what would happen, it did, roll up a fattie and move on. Missing hootie is like missing that turd that gets stuck in your ass when your constipated. Sure it's presence is known, but it is annoying and you just wish the ****er'd drop.

J Diddy 07-01-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9786344)
Flaky ball skin.

You're about the most useless tool in the shed ****tard.

Frazod 07-01-2013 02:39 PM

****ing patteeu LMAO

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...-delicious.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-01-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9786544)
First off, you tried to steal my number. In essence you tried to delete my roast.

This, of course you know, means war.

Someone had to erase the stink of your incompetence.:evil:

Saul Good 07-01-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786445)

Why even bother, anymore? You're literally talking to people who had the ability to put hootie on ignore and didn't. Instead, they have collectively posted thousands of times in a thread centered around him.

Hammock Parties 07-01-2013 03:06 PM

Pete roast was short and sweet. I approve.

loochy 07-01-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9786660)
Why even bother, anymore? You're literally talking to people who had the ability to put hootie on ignore and didn't. Instead, they have collectively posted thousands of times in a thread centered around him.

Why even bother anymore? You're whining to people who had the ability to ban hootie and did. Instead, you have collectively posted hundreds of times in a forum that he is no longer a part of.

patteeu 07-01-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786458)

So what?

Obviously, I could leave and post somewhere else if that's what I wanted, but right now I prefer posting here and criticizing some of the recent moderation changes that have deviated from the way AustinChief's site has been run in the past. So far, it appears that that's what AustinChief wants me to do. See what I did there? How convincing is it to you?

loochy 07-01-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786695)
How convincing is it to you?

Not at all.

patteeu 07-01-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786522)
The fact that she survived the votes is not winning me over to your idea that the democratic approach is better here.

Nonetheless, we used to rely more on community consensus and less on the whims of a moderator with a personal issue that they can't get beyond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786522)
Re-read your previous paragraph above. In particular the last line. And if that isn't what you actually brlieve to be the case around here, then WTF are you bitching about? You can't have it both ways.

Yeah, you're still drowning. Let me know when you figure it out.

patteeu 07-01-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9786563)
this has nothing to do with whether or not I'm friends with Phil. This has to do with the fact that I've thought Hootie was a douchebag since the day I joined this site. I've always gotten him and Billay confused. A couple of idiots that aren't aware that they are idiots and, in fact, think they are actually pretty cool. I'm not one that likes to give people second and third and fourth, etc., chances when all they are here to do is try to rile others up. That is what this is about for me, and I can only speak for myself, but I bet several others agree.

We've never had a rule against being a douchebag here. I get that Hootie rubbed quite a few people the wrong way, but that ought to be when you either stop reading a person's post, put them on ignore, or suck it up and get thicker skin. I don't care for poop threads so I just don't read them. It works like magic.

patteeu 07-01-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9786660)

Yeah, I get that. Knowing that it's pointless, I was content with the fact that a few people who aren't usually moderator critics spoke up in this thread with mild rebukes of Phobia and I didn't plan on bothering with it. But then I read Flopnut's post suggesting that this banning was on the up and up (even though he supposedly doesn't personally approve of it). I didn't want to let that go without someone pointing out that the emperor's new pants are on fire.

patteeu 07-01-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786701)
Not at all.

Then you understand what I think of yours.

Frazod 07-01-2013 03:40 PM

Hootie being banned works like magic, too!

loochy 07-01-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786725)
Then you understand what I think of yours.

I question your method of appeal to Phobia, who clearly responds negatively to repeated poking and annoyance. Do you think he'll change his mind? If anything, the constant going on and on and on about it will make him more resolute.

The other mods clearly don't care and AustinChief probably doesn't care one way or the other. Do you expect some sort of change to come from this or are you just having fun with this?

crazycoffey 07-01-2013 03:44 PM

This is a brand new conversation, how exciting!!!!

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786704)
Nonetheless, we used to rely more on community consensus and less on the whims of a moderator with a personal issue that they can't get beyond.

This whole democracy thing is being way over blown. A few situations where it occured. Most bannings were still mod only actions. You are trying to create a past that did not happen. And I was here for it, so dont try and tell me otherwise.

Quote:

Yeah, you're still drowning. Let me know when you figure it out.
Says the person who ignored the point and the following point of hypocrisy.

rico 07-01-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9786253)
Everyone's a critic. Feel free to step up. If writing a terrible roast gets us to the Know Mo trail and out of this turd-fiesta; so be it.

What's the "Knowmo trail" I keep reading about? I don't get it.

rico 07-01-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9785978)
67. petez28

Mullets STILL rock.

Yes, yes they do.

SAUTO 07-01-2013 03:54 PM

I really don't believe there was a consensus on the mod team on this subject.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-01-2013 03:55 PM

And I like phobia
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 07-01-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9786761)
I really don't believe there was a consensus on the mod team on this subject.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd guess no "consensus" per se, but tacit approval.

patteeu 07-01-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786733)
I question your method of appeal to Phobia, who clearly responds negatively to repeated poking and annoyance. Do you think he'll change his mind? If anything, the constant going on and on and on about it will make him more resolute.

The other mods clearly don't care and AustinChief probably doesn't care one way or the other. Do you expect some sort of change to come from this or are you just having fun with this?

I agree with your indictment completely. None of my posts were made in the hope of changing Phobia's mind.

patteeu 07-01-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786747)
This whole democracy thing is being way over blown. A few situations where it occured. Most bannings were still mod only actions. You are trying to create a past that did not happen. And I was here for it, so dont try and tell me otherwise.

Most bannings were for legitimate rule violations (threats, massive repeated spamming, racial slurs, etc.). Those were naturally mod only actions. Hootie's case is more like memyselfi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786747)
Says the person who ignored the point and the following point of hypocrisy.

I didn't ignore it. It just didn't make any sense.

patteeu 07-01-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9786769)
I'd guess no "consensus" per se, but tacit approval.

Tell us the scoop about the inner circle, DaFace. Do many of the remaining moderators ever speak truth to Phobia in there? ;)

DaFace 07-01-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786788)
Tell us the scoop about the inner circle, DaFace. Do many of the remaining moderators ever speak truth to Phobia in there? ;)

Eh, I'm not going to go into it much. I'll say that, with the exception of me, the whole "the mods agree" thing was generally true. It's not that every single decision was discussed before action was taken, but Phobia's not mischaracterizing the other mods' lack of disagreement to my knowledge.

Saul Good 07-01-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786784)
Most bannings were for legitimate rule violations (threats, massive repeated spamming, racial slurs, etc.). Those were naturally mod only actions. Hootie's case is more like memyselfi.

I didn't ignore it. It just didn't make any sense.

Racial slurs CLEARLY are accepted on this board. Otherwise, frazod would have been banned 20 times in the past week alone.

loochy 07-01-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9786808)
Racial slurs CLEARLY are accepted on this board.

THis is true

Saul Good 07-01-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9783924)
Darn. And here it is, too late for me to be the half-breed spawn of a Tijuana hooker.

I guess we're just doomed to disagree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9783691)
I didn't ask for a pizza, boy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9783687)
Bring me a margarita, boy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9783359)
More proof I'm right - your **** ass disagrees with me. I guess you'd just unzip the guy's pants and start blowing him, right? Then offer to mow his yard for free if he stops being such a meanie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9779951)
Hootie's gone, idiot. I've only fought with native today, and right now he's around back trimming the scrubs by the deck.

Try to keep up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9778964)
Eat shit, you refried ****.

Just a few of his most recent gems to/about a Hispanic.

I've gone on the record as saying that racial barbs neither shock nor offend me, but if we're going to beat people over the head with the rule books, these seem a lot more egregious than whatever the hell hootie did. Let's call a spade a spade. (Sorry...couldn't help myself.)

Donger 07-01-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9786815)
Just a few of his most recent gems to/about a Hispanic.

I've gone on the record as saying that racial barbs neither shock nor offend me, but if we're going to beat people over the head with the rule books, these seem a lot more egregious than whatever the hell hootie did. Let's call a spade a spade. (Sorry...couldn't help myself.)

MAKING FUN OF MEXICANS IS NOT NECESSARILY RACIST.

Thig Lyfe 07-01-2013 04:30 PM

No no no you guys don't understand, racism's not racist if it's in the form of a funny stereotype! Ol' fraz is just being hilarious, that's all!

DaFace 07-01-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9786823)
MAKING FUN OF MEXICANS IS NOT NECESSARILY RACIST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9786824)
No no no you guys don't understand, racism's not racist if it's in the form of a funny stereotype! Ol' fraz is just being hilarious, that's all!

I don't know why, but I found this agreement hilarious.

Donger 07-01-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9786827)
I don't know why, but I found this agreement hilarious.

You think that's an agreement?

Saul Good 07-01-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786663)
Why even bother anymore? You're whining to people who had the ability to ban hootie and did. Instead, you have collectively posted hundreds of times in a forum that he is no longer a part of.

I'm not whining to him. I expressed my POV, and I've moved on. I don't expect hootie to be reinstated. This thread has become terrible now that the paparazzi have decided to storm the red carpet.

I'm done with the roasts. I emailed my last one to a couple of posters off-line. If you didn't get it, you aren't getting it. If it gets posted here, I'll deny that I wrote it.

If the members of this board want the people with interesting points of view to shut up because of some fake sense of selective outrage, then they deserve what they get.

LoneWolf 07-01-2013 04:33 PM

Holy shit, I missed all of Fazod's racial comments. Were these all during the same "argument"? If so, each one is worth a short banning.

Frazod 07-01-2013 04:34 PM

Saul's tears aren't nearly as tasty as patty's. Too bitter.

patteeu 07-01-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9786808)
Racial slurs CLEARLY are accepted on this board. Otherwise, frazod would have been banned 20 times in the past week alone.

Yeah, that whole thing has changed over the years too. It used to be only a few of the most obvious racial slurs would get you banned. More recently, the list has expanded to include much less obvious "slurs" (depending on the whim of whatever moderator happens to respond to the bat signal) and, of course, enforcement is inconsistently applied depending on whether you're a class A poster or a class B poster.

Donger 07-01-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9786833)
Holy shit, I missed all of Fazod's racial comments. Were these all during the same "argument"? If so, each one is worth a short banning.

kc native has made it clear that his ancestry is Mexican. Since when is teasing with stereotypes about a country immediately a "racial slur"?

loochy 07-01-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9786832)
I'm not whining to him. I expressed my POV, and I've moved on. I don't expect hootie to be reinstated. This thread has become terrible now that the paparazzi have decided to storm the red carpet.

I'm done with the roasts. I emailed my last one to a couple of posters off-line. If you didn't get it, you aren't getting it. If it gets posted here, I'll deny that I wrote it.

If the members of this board want the people with interesting points of view to shut up because of some fake sense of selective outrage, then they deserve what they get.

Outrage?

I for one, have no outrage about the hootie thing either way. It's more of a "Heh, well how about that? He kept on going until he got banned. Oh well. :shrug:"

Perhaps YOU have moved on, but I think some others have not.

loochy 07-01-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9786840)
kc native has made it clear that his ancestry is Mexican. Since when is teasing with stereotypes about a country immediately a "racial slur"?

Quiet Brit.

Frazod 07-01-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9786833)

:crybaby:

Bugeater 07-01-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Isn't it about time for you to sit down for your afternoon tea?

Donger 07-01-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9786842)
Quiet Brit.

NSFW

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OBt-nirXQDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu 07-01-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Leaving aside the "racial" technicality, since Otter was banned for calling Taco John a "person of Hispanic heritage".

Edit: Hmmm, I'm surprised that word isn't auto-filtered. That's the word I thought Otter got banned for, but in the past I thought it was replaced with "person of Hispanic origin", so maybe it was a different one.

Donger 07-01-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9786844)
Isn't it about time for you to sit down for your afternoon tea?

Reported.

Donger 07-01-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9786846)
Leaving aside the "racial" technicality, since Otter was banned for calling Taco John a "person of Hispanic heritage".

As I understand it, that replacement phrase is in place to block a common slur of Hispanics. I've not seen frazod use it. I've only seen him use stereotypes of Mexicans.