ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287124)

KC_Lee 03-16-2015 07:10 AM

Or perhaps Gabriel is just proactively saving his own bacon? Does he fear that what he did, turning his back on those who trusted him to help them, will come out at some point?

He's a coward and let people die. Better to get in front of it and sow seeds of doubt before what he did gets brought up. Also, I don't think Deanna (sp?) is stupid about Rick and his group. If she can read people as good as she claims she should be able to see right through Carol's act.

Ragged Robin 03-16-2015 08:33 AM

is pete really beating his kids or... doing.. something else (he seemed out of breath and the kid didn't exactly have any bruises)

Baby Lee 03-16-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11386181)
is pete really beating his kids or... doing.. something else (he seemed out of breath and the kid didn't exactly have any bruises)

My take is he's perpetually drunk and makes the boy fear for his mother's safety.

Could be child's perception, could be reality.

Gonzo 03-16-2015 08:41 AM

Iirc, the comics had him beating his wife and possibly kid.
We can probably assume he's doing that since Carol is all pissy.... with what she went thru.

Nzoner 03-16-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11386195)
We can probably assume he's doing that since Carol is all pissy.... with what she went thru.

I agree,you could tell she picked up on it immediately after having been through it herself.

petegz28 03-16-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11385923)
I bet the gay guy lies about being a gigantic vagina and tries to blame Glen for Aidouche's death.

Preacher is 100% right. The group rationalizes what they do, but they are evil disguised as good.

How do you figure, sports fan?

KC_Connection 03-16-2015 12:09 PM

He has a point to an extent, but Gabriel is just as guilty (probably more so) than any of them. He feels he doesn't deserve this place himself after what he's done, so he's trying to dump his own guilt off in that way.

BigRichard 03-16-2015 01:18 PM

F Gabriel. I am hoping for a slow painful death for that dude.

Ebolapox 03-16-2015 01:35 PM

gabriel should've gotten noah's death. screw that guy

thabear04 03-16-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11386181)

Probably gets drunk and beat his wife maybe.

petegz28 03-16-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11386486)
He has a point to an extent, but Gabriel is just as guilty (probably more so) than any of them. He feels he doesn't deserve this place himself after what he's done, so he's trying to dump his own guilt off in that way.

I don't think he has a point at all. If it weren't for Rick & Co., Mr. Preacher Guy would have already been dinner for some walkers. Or possibly serves as an appetizer in Terminus!

BigRichard 03-16-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11386773)
I don't think he has a point at all. If it weren't for Rick & Co., Mr. Preacher Guy would have already been dinner for some walkers. Or possibly serves as an appetizer in Terminus!

This. The things they have done weren't because they were evil, it was because they were necessary. A little over the top in some cases but still necessary.

KC_Connection 03-16-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Obviously. Still doesn't mean that the group is especially morally righteous. Rick, in particular, has skirted the edge many times in order to enable his/his group's survival.

petegz28 03-16-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11386864)
Obviously. Still doesn't mean that the group is especially morally righteous. Rick, in particular, has skirted the edge many times in order to enable his/his group's survival.

morals and survival don't always mix. That being said, considering the other groups of people Rick's gang as encountered, I'd say he is the most moral. The Governor? The group Daryl hooked up with? Terminus?

Rick has never turned down anyone that was willing to be a part.

Rausch 03-16-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

The preacher is not a man of faith. He uses faith as a disguise to survive.

He $3it on his faith and let his congregation get eaten alive.

He is, once again, turning his back on his faith to cement his stature with the new community. It's not about God or being good. He's abandoning that (tearing up the bible, which is symbolic) again because he's a coward.

You contrast that with the decision Perm-mullet made to no longer be a coward. It's a conscious choice. Mullet no longer wants to be a coward - selfish priest is just fine with throwing his friends to the walkers to survive...

Zebedee DuBois 03-16-2015 05:51 PM

The Preacher didn't have the same experiences as Ricks' crew. He holed up in his church, his sanctuary, and has a limited idea of what people have to do to survive. His experience is that Ricks crew came in to his holy place irreverently, brutally murdered people, and then ransacked God's House in order to fortify it. From his point of view, Rick is evil.

He just doesn't know that there are people out there that are ten times as evil.

We will all be happy when he gets eaten.

Sure-Oz 03-16-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 11387278)
The Preacher didn't have the same experiences as Ricks' crew. He holed up in his church, his sanctuary, and has a limited idea of what people have to do to survive. His experience is that Ricks crew came in to his holy place irreverently, brutally murdered people, and then ransacked God's House in order to fortify it. From his point of view, Rick is evil.

He just doesn't know that there are people out there that are ten times as evil.

We will all be happy when he gets eaten.

Basically...wonder if he is this way in the comic

KC_Lee 03-16-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11387316)
Basically...wonder if he is this way in the comic

Spoiler!

InChiefsHeaven 03-16-2015 07:53 PM

I do think it's a bit premature for Carol to be saying to Rick he needs to kill Pete...I dunno, seems like quite a leap. BUT...their world pretty much calls for this. And, Rick has the hots for the guy's wife.

jimidollar 03-16-2015 08:03 PM

Man, that scene with Noah made me hate this show for a couple of minutes. The preacher needs to go and so does Tara just so her annoying ass won't be on Talking Dead anymore. I wanted to kill myself last week!

Sure-Oz 03-16-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 11387508)
Spoiler!

Gotcha...good to know

Sure-Oz 03-16-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 11387546)
Man, that scene with Noah made me hate this show for a couple of minutes. The preacher needs to go and so does Tara just so her annoying ass won't be on Talking Dead anymore. I wanted to kill myself last week!

That was rough for sure...liked Noah. Brutally killed like that made it worse. I don't mind Tara...her cans tho

Baby Lee 03-16-2015 10:39 PM

Did anyone get the distinct impression that when Pete slapped Rich on the shoulder as he left the house following the 'we should be friends' scene, he did so deliberately to demonstrate his superior stature to Rick. It was almost like a pedo putting his arm around a pre-teen boy.

Fishpicker 03-17-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11387781)
Did anyone get the distinct impression that when Pete slapped Rich on the shoulder as he left the house following the 'we should be friends' scene, he did so deliberately to demonstrate his superior stature to Rick. It was almost like a pedo putting his arm around a pre-teen boy.

yeah Pete gave Rick a punk check

smith11 03-17-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 11387868)
yeah Pete gave Rick a punk check

how many times has he asked rick to bring his kids by for a "check up"?

Rausch 03-17-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Dude thinks he can play alpha male because "they need him."

Alexandria might need him but our group don't need $3it...

eDave 03-17-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

That's exactly how I read it. Rick was not pleased with it either. Rick is dreaming of ways to kill Petey boy. Then he will have what is his now.

Rausch 03-17-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11389201)
That's exactly how I read it. Rick was not pleased with it either. Rick is dreaming of ways to kill Petey boy. Then he will have what is his now.

The only question is if he bangs that dude's wife before or after he kills him...

Ragged Robin 03-17-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11387749)
That was rough for sure...liked Noah. Brutally killed like that made it worse. I don't mind Tara...her cans tho

I didn't really like Noah.. I mean Beth died for him and wasn't at all worth it :shake:

Sure-Oz 03-17-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11389450)
I didn't really like Noah.. I mean Beth died for him and wasn't at all worth it :shake:

Yeah I would've rather had Beth around for sure.

Radar Chief 03-18-2015 12:52 PM

So they finally give Daryl a zombie apocalypse motorcycle and its one of those rare ricer four cylinders that emits the sound of a Harley.
I mean seriously, **** you Hollywood. How do you so consistently **** this up?

thabear04 03-18-2015 01:09 PM

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hph...23652747_n.jpg

J Diddy 03-18-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11390494)

Motherdick is literally my favorite saying now.

J Diddy 03-18-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11389159)
Dude thinks he can play alpha male because "they need him."

Alexandria might need him but our group don't need $3it...

Maybe they can run back to the hospital and get the one dr. who was around solely because they needed him....

Hmmm

notorious 03-18-2015 05:38 PM

Is the guy on the Verizon commercials the same guy that plays Aaron?

Radar Chief 03-18-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11390978)
Motherdick is literally my favorite saying now.

I'm partial to "shaved dolphin smooth".

J Diddy 03-18-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11391179)
I'm partial to "shaved dolphin smooth".

I like that too.

I think I'm gonna be emotionally messed up when the bastards kill Abraham.

J Diddy 03-18-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11390984)
Is the guy on the Verizon commercials the same guy that plays Aaron?

I dunno but I thought the same thing.

dilligaf 03-18-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11390462)
So they finally give Daryl a zombie apocalypse motorcycle and its one of those rare ricer four cylinders that emits the sound of a Harley.
I mean seriously, **** you Hollywood. How do you so consistently **** this up?

I thought the exact same thing when I heard that...

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11391298)
I like that too.

I think I'm gonna be emotionally messed up when the bastards
Spoiler!

:doh!: You might spoiler tag that. ;)

Spoiler!

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf (Post 11391385)
I thought the exact same thing when I heard that...

It drives me crazy.
How hard is that to get right?

Baby Lee 03-19-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11391621)

Speculation that anyone outside Rick or Carol is going to die some day isn't a spoiler, it's the nature of the show.

Sure-Oz 03-19-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11391298)
I like that too.

I think I'm gonna be emotionally messed up when the bastards kill Abraham.

Nooooo...

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11391729)
Speculation that anyone outside Rick or Carol is going to die some day isn't a spoiler, it's the nature of the show.

Kirkman has said Rick and Coral (Carl) aren't even safe in the comics.

But yeah, in the show... Rick is safe. Not so sure about Carol, though.

allen_kcCard 03-19-2015 09:04 AM

What did the punk impaled son say to Glen before he died?

Baby Lee 03-19-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 11391754)

Something to the effect of 'we didn't lose the three we said we did. we left them behind to save ourselves.'

Basically, 'I understand if you turn coward and leave me because that's what we did before.'

InChiefsHeaven 03-19-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

I missed that too...

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11391729)

Except that in the comics
Spoiler!

Since we're spoiler tagging comic book info I would think that fits.

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11391761)
Something to the effect of 'we didn't lose the three we said we did. we left them behind to save ourselves.'

Basically, 'I understand if you turn coward and leave me because that's what we did before.'

Glen could've put one in his forehead so at least he didn't have to be alive while being eaten.

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11391764)
Except that in the comics
Spoiler!

Since we're spoiler tagging comic book info I would think that fits.

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11391769)
Glen could've put one in his forehead so at least he didn't have to be alive while being eaten.

Yeah, my wife and I were both saying that. I mean, the zombies didn't care about them at that point, they were going for the douchebag son. At least kill the dude so he doesn't have to suffer while they eat him alive.

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11391773)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

NewChief 03-19-2015 09:38 AM

Gabriel has issues, and I don't think that the leader of the safe zone would realistically buy his BS. Maybe it's because we know more about him, but he comes off as a little unhinged/crazy, which I'd hope the mayor lady can sense.

But I don't really see any reason in having him tell her that unless it's going to cause complications for Rick and Co. There's really not much point to it if he tells her that and she says, "Nah. I don't believe you. You seem nuts."

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11391797)
Gabriel has issues, and I don't think that the leader of the safe zone would realistically buy his BS. Maybe it's because we know more about him, but he comes off as a little unhinged/crazy, which I'd hope the mayor lady can sense.

But I don't really see any reason in having him tell her that unless it's going to cause complications for Rick and Co. There's really not much point to it if he tells her that and she says, "Nah. I don't believe you. You seem nuts."

They talked about that on the after show. About how he thinks the Safe Zone is a paradise, his ripping apart his bible is symbolic of how he feels undeserving and narcing off the rest of the crew is his way to atone for being there.
Personally I think it fits his character to throw absolutely anyone under the bus to save his panzy ass.

Kman34 03-19-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

If I was Maggie I would have came upstairs and called him on his shit talking...
The group saved his ass when they really didn't have to..

InChiefsHeaven 03-19-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

But I don't really see any reason in having him tell her that unless it's going to cause complications for Rick and Co.

It will get added to the problem that the Group is showing everyone there up, Rick is probably gonna whack Pete, and her son just got ate up on a run...

...yeah, Gabriels little speech might be a tipping point...

petegz28 03-19-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11391769)

He was out of ammo. If you paid attention he even told the douche that got away "you have the ammo".

petegz28 03-19-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

He was saying that he lied about the 2 people they lost on a run. In an earlier episode he said they didn't follow the system. He was saying that they really just left them.

Sure-Oz 03-19-2015 11:01 AM

The left alive db is worse than the eaten one.. Ready for the final 2 eps

Jamie 03-19-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11391742)
Kirkman has said Rick and Coral (Carl) aren't even safe in the comics.

But yeah, in the show... Rick is safe. Not so sure about Carol, though.

I think Rick is safe for now, but eventually the guy who plays him will want too much money or want to do something else. Being able to cycle out the cast is a big reason why shows like Law and Order, ER, and CSI lasted as long as they did, and that's already built in to the concept of this show.

InChiefsHeaven 03-19-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11392790)
I think Rick is safe for now, but eventually the guy who plays him will want too much money or want to do something else. Being able to cycle out the cast is a big reason why shows like Law and Order, ER, and CSI lasted as long as they did, and that's already built in to the concept of this show.

That's what worries me, it's a show without an end...I don't think I can watch this for 10 or 12 years...I'm hoping it finds a way to wrap up in a few seasons. There's only so much walkers, betrayals, running, fighting for survival I can take before it just becomes...boring...

J Diddy 03-19-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11391621)

Spoiler!

Not a spoiler thing. Purely speculation.

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11392985)
Not a spoiler thing. Purely speculation.

Really? I guess it's not hard to figure that at some point they're all doomed but the way you posted that it sounded like you had read the comics. Never mind.

J Diddy 03-19-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11393122)
Really? I guess it's not hard to figure that at some point they're all doomed but the way you posted that it sounded like you had read the comics. Never mind.

Nah never picked one up at all.

That being said it's a crap shoot from the comics translation to the show from what i've heard.

KC_Lee 03-20-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 11392859)
That's what worries me, it's a show without an end...I don't think I can watch this for 10 or 12 years...I'm hoping it finds a way to wrap up in a few seasons. There's only so much walkers, betrayals, running, fighting for survival I can take before it just becomes...boring...

Agree 100%. Look at Burn Notice, should have ended its run a lot earlier than it did and became uninteresting towards the end. Hell I missed an entire season of Burn Notice towards the end of its run and really didn't miss anything.

Radar Chief 03-20-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11393526)
Nah never picked one up at all.

That being said it's a crap shoot from the comics translation to the show from what i've heard.

Yea, the comics are kind of a basic guide, not a definitive outline.
There are plenty of departures from the comics.
Just an example is one FMB brought up in the spoiler tag about Carol. By this point in the comics she's been long gone, committed suicide by walker back at the prison.

Gonzo 03-20-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11393979)
Yea, the comics are kind of a basic guide, not a definitive outline.
There are plenty of departures from the comics.
Just an example is one FMB brought up in the spoiler tag about Carol. By this point in the comics she's been long gone, committed suicide by walker back at the prison.

They need to differentiate from the comics a little more than they have recently. Over this entire season, they've pretty much told the same story.
One of the great things about this show was that they were telling the same story but in a new way.

For instance:
Andrea is Ricks main squeeze in the comics but she's dead in the show. Sasha seems to be taking that role over but I just can't see those two hooking up. They've written Sasha dofferently.
Are they going to have a great big dude named Ezekiel with a tiger in the show?

It just seems to be drifting more and more towards an exact carbon copy of the comics but then again, I can see why. These last few episodes were "filler" more than anything and there's only so many ways you can tell filler.

I kinda hope they start branching away from the comics. Start telling this story a totally new way. Let Carl bite it or maybe the group finds out the epidemic didn't spread to another country or something.
That would be kinda cool. They take a cruise ship to Tahiti and end up going the whole "Dead Island" route.

Fire Me Boy! 03-20-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11394373)
They need to differentiate from the comics a little more than they have recently. Over this entire season, they've pretty much told the same story.
One of the great things about this show was that they were telling the same story but in a new way.

For instance:
Andrea is Ricks main squeeze in the comics but she's dead in the show. Sasha seems to be taking that role over but I just can't see those two hooking up. They've written Sasha dofferently.

It just seems to be drifting more and more towards an exact carbon copy of the comics but then again, I can see why. These last few episodes were "filler" more than anything and there's only so many ways you can tell filler.

I kinda hope they start branching away from the comics. Start telling this story a totally new way. Let Carl bite it or maybe the group finds out the epidemic didn't spread to another country or something.
That would be kinda cool. They take a cruise ship to Tahiti and end up going the whole "Dead Island" route.

Unless they really drag out Negan and what follows, they'll be through that next season and ahead of the comics. So starting with season 7, it would be entirely new stuff.

JMO.

salame 03-20-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11394411)
Unless they really drag out Negan and what follows, they'll be through that next season and ahead of the comics. So starting with season 7, it would be entirely new stuff.

JMO.

idk man, negan shows up at 100, the issues corresponding to the last show was 73/74. There still is a LOT of stuff they can do. No Way Out, the stuff leading up to......well you know where, A larger world, and THEN Something to fear. We are over 25 issues away from Negan. I bet we dont see him untill the mid season finale next season at the earliest. There is a certain deity I'd expect to see several episodes before him as well.

Fire Me Boy! 03-20-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11394426)
idk man, negan shows up at 100, the issues corresponding to the last show was 73/74. There still is a LOT of stuff they can do. No Way Out, the stuff leading up to......well you know where, A larger world, and THEN Something to fear. We are over 25 issues away from Negan. I bet we dont see him untill the mid season finale next season at the earliest. There is a certain deity I'd expect to see several episodes before him as well.

Remind me... (in spoiler tags, please).

Radar Chief 03-20-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11394373)

Heh, Mrs. Radar and I have talked about the exact same thing. It works in the comics but how is that going to play out on a TV show and will anyone buy into it?

Radar Chief 03-20-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11394426)

Yea, I was assuming we would have there first run in with a certain unnamed baddy by the end of this season but with the way they are dragging it out I'm doubting we do now.

salame 03-20-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11394437)

Spoiler!

Radar Chief 03-20-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11394437)

I think he's talking about
Spoiler!

Radar Chief 03-20-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11394469)
Spoiler!

Beat me by that >< much.

salame 03-20-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11394467)
Yea, I was assuming we would have there first run in with a certain unnamed baddy by the end of this season but with the way they are dragging it out I'm doubting we do now.

My prediction for the season finale is the
Spoiler!

NewChief 03-20-2015 11:45 AM

A local illustrator is doing some Walking Dead / Mayberry mashups. Kind of awesome:

https://scontent-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...eb&oe=557E9065

https://scontent-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...a3&oe=557D6496

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...b93270d740e46c

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...2b722fce55cbd1

Radar Chief 03-20-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11394475)
My prediction for the season finale is the
Spoiler!

You're probably right. They've teased the Safe Zone getting into a live fire skirmish with some bad guys, just not necessarily the ones I was expecting by now.

Fire Me Boy! 03-20-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11394469)
Spoiler!

Oh, of course. You said deity and I was thinking literally, racking my brain trying to figure out which plot line I was forgetting.

Bowser 03-20-2015 08:26 PM

Do we ever get an explanation of WTF was going on with those legless and armless zombies?