ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353064)

BlackHelicopters 04-20-2024 08:34 AM

Hope something comes along soon that helps. Sorry to hear about this for you and your Family. Praying for you.

Iowanian 04-20-2024 04:37 PM

How many times have you been in trouble at home for forgetting to close your xtube browser?

Rainbarrel 04-20-2024 05:07 PM

Is Nickelback really country? You forgot they exist? Sorry, there is a good side to this though

MeaTy The Pimp 04-20-2024 05:21 PM

I have never really had any interactions with you good or bad. That being said, Sorry you are going through that. I hope you can fully enjoy your retirement anyway.

BigRichard 04-20-2024 05:43 PM

How long before we should expect a duplicate thread made by you?

BigRedChief 04-20-2024 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 17487921)
How many times have you been in trouble at home for forgetting to close your xtube browser?

I design clouds but I can’t close a browser? Well crap, maybe she can watch and learn then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17488025)
How long before we should expect a duplicate thread made by you?

over/Under?

BigRedChief 04-21-2024 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp (Post 17487981)
I have never really had any interactions with you good or bad. That being said, Sorry you are going through that. I hope you can fully enjoy your retirement anyway.

since 2003? That’s weird. I don’t remember anything either. But anyway, thanks for the kind words. :thumb:

MeaTy The Pimp 04-21-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17488300)
since 2003? That’s weird. I don’t remember anything either. But anyway, thanks for the kind words. :thumb:

I don't post much either. Most of the time, if I have something to say or contribute to a discussion, someone has already said it, and I don't like saying the same shit over and over. (...because you know the 'Repost Police' will pipe up)

BryanBusby 04-21-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchshot (Post 17484357)
Wow a retirement party! I haven't heard of those in 20 years. Especially for those of us in IT.

Good for you.

That's because the other IT guys are busy removing all of their co-workers access while saying **** me at least 47 times to the new, increased workload :|

BigRedChief 04-21-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17488412)
That's because the other IT guys are busy removing all of their co-workers access while saying **** me at least 47 times to the new, increased workload :|

Yeah last time I had one was in 2010 as a contractor leaving the Federal government to go work for the military in Tampa. They told me they had never had a going away party for a contractor.

There are 3 locations in the USA where every damn thing associated with the federal government is stored. The applications are hosted and the SAN/SQL storage is.

One is in KC. I modernized the shit out of that place. Virtualized the largest SAN in the world(at the time). Virtualized a huge number of IBM racks of servers and storage. All firsts for the government.

Wait response time fir clients went down 90%. Cooling costs went down 325% and Licensing for all those servers I made obsolete, 100%. They'd better thrown me a going away party especially since I was moving out of the state.

GloryDayz 04-21-2024 06:42 PM

I've seen a few retirement parties in IT, we had a virtual one for myself ~6 months ago, but with the virtual nature of our work it's become more rare. It's not a bad thing IMO, I was 100% telework for many many years before it became popular across the larger industry. The engineers who worked under me in my organization were spread all over the country and globe, so office space was pretty-much a waste of space since our recurring meetings were 99% virtual, and over time we were able to cut travel down to crisis-only situations. I enjoyed my virtual during work party, and know my family and dogs really benefitted from me being home unless I needed to travel.

BigRedChief 04-21-2024 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17488782)
I've seen a few retirement parties in IT, we had a virtual one for myself ~6 months ago, but with the virtual nature of our work it's become more rare. It's not a bad thing IMO, I was 100% telework for many many years before it became popular across the larger industry. The engineers who worked under me in my organization were spread all over the country and globe, so office space was pretty-much a waste of space since our recurring meetings were 99% virtual, and over time we were able to cut travel down to crisis-only situations. I enjoyed my virtual during work party, and know my family and dogs really benefitted from me being home unless I needed to travel.

I worked remotely from 2013 when I finished working for the military. I was tired as **** with spending 80 minute commute back and forth. Another 30 minutes getting in and out of security.

GloryDayz 04-21-2024 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17488816)
I worked remotely from 2013 when I finished working for the military. I was tired as **** with spending 80 minute commute back and forth. Another 30 minutes getting in and out of security.

That's why I'm 100000000000000% down with the movement that is "Telework" if your job allows it. Lots of luddites disagree, but **** IT people going into the office, it's just not needed.

BigRedChief 04-23-2024 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17488983)
That's why I'm 100000000000000% down with the movement that is "Telework" if your job allows it. Lots of luddites disagree, but **** IT people going into the office, it's just not needed.

Its just ridiculous. Especially I.T. (except desktop and hardware jobs) there is no reason to come into the office. Productivity issues? That's an office issue, not your well paid I.T. staff.

I guarantee you once a tech gets to our level, he's already knows how to be self-motivated, a "go-getter". You can only demotivate them.

GloryDayz 04-23-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17490320)
Its just ridiculous. Especially I.T. (except desktop and hardware jobs) there is no reason to come into the office. Productivity issues? That's an office issue, not your well paid I.T. staff.

I guarantee you once a tech gets to our level, he's already knows how to be self-motivated, a "go-getter". You can only demotivate them.

Yep, and I'll add that being at the office offers WAAAAAAAAAAY too many opportunities to keep your best and brightest from staying focused. Not that email and applications like Teams isn't a concentration killer, but people interrupting your day is just silly.