ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

tredadda 01-28-2024 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk (Post 17373681)
My concern for this game is Pacheco and the physicality of the 49ers D. When clyde comes in it seems the play is over before it starts.

They aren’t more physical than Baltimore. That was the best defense (outside of KC) that the Chiefs faced all year.

Chiefs4TheWin 01-28-2024 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17373692)
They aren’t more physical than Baltimore. That was the best defense (outside of KC) that the Chiefs faced all year.

We walked into Baltimore. Every talking head moron said we going to get pushed around. Man we ****ed them up in the first half.

Impose your will. This game showed me we are TOUGH as nails!

Gary Cooper 01-28-2024 10:35 PM

Yeah, Baltimore's defense was the best we've faced.

You can argue Nick Bosa is the best defensive player we've faced but overall Baltimore posed more problems defensively.

Bl00dyBizkitz 01-28-2024 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17373692)

I hope people appreciate what the Chiefs just accomplished.

That was a stacked Ravens Defense playing high energy and a don't give a **** attitude, hitting Mahomes all day long even if it drew penalties. Beating a team like that when we thought we were 1-and-done on Christmas is a gigantic accomplishment.

Why Not? 01-28-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17373536)
LMAO, the guy wasn't as open as they made him out to be and it was a tough throw. IF they would have caught it, we still had plenty of time to win the game on the clock... I hate that narrative.... if only...

Thank you. I've thought and said that for years. You hear people (mostly media) reference that play like Sanders was as open as that Packers TE last week. Sure, he had a step but Grapes would've had to literally drop a dime (would've easily been the best throw of his life) and, much like the Tyler Bass miss, we would've had time life as you mentioned.

DRM08 01-28-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17373702)
I hope people appreciate what the Chiefs just accomplished.

That was a stacked Ravens Defense playing high energy and a don't give a **** attitude, hitting Mahomes all day long even if it drew penalties. Beating a team like that when we thought we were 1-and-done on Christmas is a gigantic accomplishment.

It was very difficult to win games in both Buffalo & Baltimore. Those 2 teams have like a 10-20 point automatic home field advantage. Not every team is like that. KC seems to play worse at home for instance.

duncan_idaho 01-28-2024 10:52 PM

The 49ers defense is fraudulent. It is NOT what the Chiefs faced in SV LIV.

Nick Bosa is still Nick Bosa. But Arik Armstead isn't what he was, Hargrave is not as good as Buckner, and Chase Young and the other DEs have been disappointing. The Chiefs DL is better, especially if Charles Omenihu is available and healthy.

Fred Warner is great. But other than that, the back 7 is not configured to handle or slow down Patrick Mahomes with any consistency.

If the Chiefs play one more clean game and the D is able to confuse Purdy and Shanahan like I think it is going to, I think it's a more comfortable win than the one we saw today.

tredadda 01-28-2024 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 17373696)
We walked into Baltimore. Every talking head moron said we going to get pushed around. Man we ****ed them up in the first half.

Impose your will. This game showed me we are TOUGH as nails!

Some were predicting a blowout. Because DVOA and stuff.

The Franchise 01-28-2024 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17373748)
The 49ers defense is fraudulent. It is NOT what the Chiefs faced in SV LIV.

Nick Bosa is still Nick Bosa. But Arik Armstead isn't what he was, Hargrave is not as good as Buckner, and Chase Young and the other DEs have been disappointing. The Chiefs DL is better, especially if Charles Omenihu is available and healthy.

Fred Warner is great. But other than that, the back 7 is not configured to handle or slow down Patrick Mahomes with any consistency.

If the Chiefs play one more clean game and the D is able to confuse Purdy and Shanahan like I think it is going to, I think it's a more comfortable win than the one we saw today.

This offense isn't even the same. It's not "try to limit the big play" anymore. It's now about hoping that the offense makes a mistake and you can capitilize on it.

BWillie 01-28-2024 10:56 PM

what does patrick mahomes NOT have yet?

A blow out win in the Super Bowl.

This is going to be one.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2024 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17373757)
what does patrick mahomes NOT have yet?

A blow out win in the Super Bowl.

This is going to be one.

55-10 moment coming

We're the 49ers dynasty on STEROIDS

tredadda 01-28-2024 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17373758)
55-10 moment coming

We're the 49ers dynasty on STEROIDS

Even better than the 49ers dynasty. They didn’t have to deal with FA or a salary cap like KC does.

dolphinsneu 01-28-2024 11:08 PM

My life changed for the better following the first matchup. Maybe it will happen to me again

smithandrew051 01-28-2024 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17373770)
Even better than the 49ers dynasty. They didn’t have to deal with FA or a salary cap like KC does.

A lot of the talking heads try to downplay Mahomes by saying “it’s a lot easier to throw the ball nowadays” in reference to the way refs call games.

Hey guess what. It’s easier for OTHER TEAMS too.

Mahomes is doing this in a league full of great passers AND Lamar Jackson too.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-28-2024 11:09 PM

Only team that can take this ring from the Chiefs is the Chiefs.