ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton Fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320806)

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14064359)
Clarks not telling Andy anything. Andy makes all football decisions. Even Andy knew it was time for Bob to be replaced.

no way a coach of Reid’s stature allow owners or GM’s to dictate assistant coaching decisions. This was Andy’s decision.

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14064477)
I just hope we gut the entire defensive staff and let a young fresh guy from Seattle, Dallas, or Baltimore come in completely fresh. I swear to god if it’s Britt..... Don’t promote from within, its all AIDS pool
Not excited about REX either.

Chris Hewitt

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14064477)
I just hope we gut the entire defensive staff and let a young fresh guy from Seattle, Dallas, or Baltimore come in completely fresh. I swear to god if it’s Britt..... Don’t promote from within, its all AIDS pool
Not excited about REX either.

so we hire Sutton back since your not excited about Rex?

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064451)
I wanted to come around on him, I truly did. My disdain for his selection is fairly well known but he'd developed a physical edge that I came to appreciate and hoped he could be a credible CB2 for us.

But he was ALWAYS mouthing and his fire was usually directed at...well anyone really. It was always someone else that needed some shit and never him.

And over the last half of the season he played like wang. I mean he got absolutely abused on that TD to Dorsett. He truly looked like he'd never seen an out and up before. I mean FFS man...what the hell are you doing there?

Yeah, I'm out on Nelson. And I understand that may mean overexposing Fuller out wide but so be it. If we're lucky we end up with a solid CB prospect in the draft who can work inside early and maybe get the game reps he needs to move outside late and put Fuller in a spot where he simply plays better, but one way or the other, a guy like Nelson just doesn't need to be here.

I understand that some guys need a chip on their shoulder to compete but that chip can't create a toxin in you. Oh...and you can't get your ass torched by a practice squad caliber player who's only in the league because he ran fast in gym shorts once.

Nelson is a nickel corner.

He was always out of position/overmatched.

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Rex Ryans system requires studs to work like Suttons. I'm sure Reid can hire any up and coming defensive coach he wants given his track record with getting guys head coaching jobs.

CoMoChief 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Steve Nelson's post on twitter is telling...lol

O.city 01-22-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064451)
I wanted to come around on him, I truly did. My disdain for his selection is fairly well known but he'd developed a physical edge that I came to appreciate and hoped he could be a credible CB2 for us.

But he was ALWAYS mouthing and his fire was usually directed at...well anyone really. It was always someone else that needed some shit and never him.

And over the last half of the season he played like wang. I mean he got absolutely abused on that TD to Dorsett. He truly looked like he'd never seen an out and up before. I mean FFS man...what the hell are you doing there?

Yeah, I'm out on Nelson. And I understand that may mean overexposing Fuller out wide but so be it. If we're lucky we end up with a solid CB prospect in the draft who can work inside early and maybe get the game reps he needs to move outside late and put Fuller in a spot where he simply plays better, but one way or the other, a guy like Nelson just doesn't need to be here.

I understand that some guys need a chip on their shoulder to compete but that chip can't create a toxin in you. Oh...and you can't get your ass torched by a practice squad caliber player who's only in the league because he ran fast in gym shorts once.

I know how we can find a pretty good outside corner.

It won't be cheap and he likes to talk a lot.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14064557)
Steve Nelson's post on twitter is telling...lol

Yeah....it's telling how much of a ****ing moron Nelson really is.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14064555)
Nelson is a nickel corner.

He was always out of position/overmatched.

He was overmatched in the slot in 2017 when he played primarily NCB as well.

Bottom line is that the guy just isn't very good and maybe a couple days after he gave up a critical touchdown ISN'T the time for him to be running his mouth.

displacedinMN 01-22-2019 03:23 PM

Can we go back and play to AFCCC

htismaqe 01-22-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14064354)
The Chiefs thought he’d retire, Bob had other ideas.

That means they slightly misjudged the situation, but his general story was correct.

Yep.

OnTheWarpath15 01-22-2019 03:31 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxikSWOVAAAgYZk.jpg:large

dannybcaitlyn 01-22-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlineDline (Post 14064110)
So who gets fired next?

Hopefully Andy Heck

King_Chief_Fan 01-22-2019 03:46 PM

Good to hear

Addition by subtraction

Bwana 01-22-2019 03:56 PM

YES!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/786c...itemid=9208886