ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317467)

Mother****erJones 09-19-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13745022)
Even Dan Patrick, whom I respect, is still running with this ****ing narrative.

“He’ll have some 4 INT’s games”

These ****ing people have no clue what Mahomes is. They all just think he’s a wreckless gunslinger.

I really hope we're sitting at week 8 and Mahomes is at 25 TDs and like 3 or 4 INTs. I know he'll throw some but is he going to start just throwing them in bunches? No.

Mecca 09-19-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

These ****ing people have no clue what Mahomes is. They all just think he’s a wreckless gunslinger.

That seems to be a pretty regular comment from people still is that he is going to struggle etc etc..

****ing Terez Paylor still thinks they only win 8 games.

Eleazar 09-19-2018 07:47 AM

It's really a gut check game for the defense, isn't it. They will be at home, playing a 49ers team that's struggling on offense and has given up a lot of sacks. They're undermanned at running back and receiver. Except maybe for a road game in Denver, this is as easy as it's going to get for the defense for at least a few weeks. They have a chance to make a statement here - hey, we're not total garbage - in a favorable situation, and if they aren't then they should.

RunKC 09-19-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

I vividly remember this same thing happening to Rodgers.

“It’s too much hype! He won’t be Favre!”

Big thing on him was that he held the ball too high on his dropbacks, basically almost holding it like holding a phone. His mechanics were in question just like Mahomes. It’s such a similar path.

Get ready bc the “is he a one year wonder?!” articles will come. Here is that exact article on Rodgers:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...3EAEAEA&sr=amp

Naptown Chief 09-19-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13745088)
I vividly remember this same thing happening to Rodgers.

“It’s too much hype! He won’t be Favre!”

Big thing on him was that he held the ball too high on his dropbacks, basically almost holding it like holding a phone. His mechanics were in question just like Mahomes. It’s such a similar path.

Get ready bc the “is he a one year wonder?!” articles will come. Here is that exact article on Rodgers:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...3EAEAEA&sr=amp

Let them come. Let the press, other fans, and (hopefully) other coaches keep underrating him. We know what/who we have and that's really all that matters. This kid isn't going anywhere as long as the O-line keeps him safe

O.city 09-19-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Well, I mean he probably will. Everyone does. Brady, Manning, Brees.

When you're aggressive and not just checking down or taking sacks, they'll happen.

Just gotta keep on going and score point.s

staylor26 09-19-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13745027)
I honestly hope he does one day. It's hard to have a 20 year career without a 4 interception game...:)

The thing is, he’s talking about just this year. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but it’s baseless.

DRM08 09-19-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13745141)

When you're aggressive and not just checking down or taking sacks, they'll happen.

That’s true. The problem is the media pretends those veteran QB’s have never had a bad game. Never.

staylor26 09-19-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13745141)

I’m not saying he won’t, but to predict that it’s going to happen several times this year is baseless.

It’s the narrative that’s frustrating. You didn’t hear them say this about Watson last year or in the offseason even though he was on track to throw 20+.

Where do these guys get it from with Pat? He’s always done a relatively solid job at protecting the ball

O.city 09-19-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13745165)
I’m not saying he won’t, but to predict that it’s going to happen several times this year is baseless.

It's happened to essentially every other young QB at some point. So it's not really baseless.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-19-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13745080)
It's really a gut check game for the defense, isn't it. They will be at home, playing a 49ers team that's struggling on offense and has given up a lot of sacks. They're undermanned at running back and receiver. Except maybe for a road game in Denver, this is as easy as it's going to get for the defense for at least a few weeks. They have a chance to make a statement here - hey, we're not total garbage - in a favorable situation, and if they aren't then they should.

They've given up 3rd most sacks in the league yet they have the OL performance along with KC as top 5 last week.

Weird

carcosa 09-19-2018 09:09 AM

Found some Niners fans on Twitter who are convinced they're going to win. Lol. Delusional

htismaqe 09-19-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13745170)
It's happened to essentially every other young QB at some point. So it's not really baseless.

It's baseless when you look at the hype around Watson last year. He actually threw a bunch of INTs and they didn't talk about it.

Pat is perfect so far and it seems a lot of people want to talk about what MIGHT happen instead of what IS happening.

Stupid ESPN ABC crap. "Anybody But Chiefs"

O.city 09-19-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13745288)
It's baseless when you look at the hype around Watson last year. He actually threw a bunch of INTs and they didn't talk about it.

Pat is perfect so far and it seems a lot of people want to talk about what MIGHT happen instead of what IS happening.

Stupid ESPN ABC crap. "Anybody But Chiefs"

It's happened to every QB that's gone on to be uber successful. It's gonna happen at some point. It has to Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Marino, etc.

He's been so good it just seems like it's gotta be a mirage to a lot of people.

Molitoth 09-19-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13745378)
It's happened to every QB that's gone on to be uber successful. It's gonna happen at some point. It has to Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Marino, etc.

He's been so good it just seems like it's gotta be a mirage to a lot of people.

It has only been 2 games that people have seen. (I honestly think some of his best work was in the Denver game that nobody cared about because of the lack of TD's.)

Defenses are going to adjust and Mahomes is going to have to adjust right back. I have the confidence he will, but there is going to be a stinker of a game or two this season. If not.... awesome.