ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

KChiefs1 08-12-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13671650)
JFC is Eric Berry ever NOT injured?

Between him and Justin Houston, the Chiefs have massive $$$ invested in players who are constantly injured and have had diminishing production since getting paid.

Big contracts are not good for the team.
No more Veach!

OKchiefs 08-12-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671657)
Well, I agree for the most part, especially after watching Thursday and part of camp. However, I find it strange that the line looked as poor as they did. We’ve had 4 of those 5 linemen since 2016, and that group has always been at least serviceable in pass protection. I’ve gotta believe that if healthy they can at least get back to competency soon. It’s not like they all got old or anything.

They won’t be road graders but what you have to hope for is that the sheer volume of playmakers will lead to them facing very light boxes consistently, and thus they can have it easier on Sundays. But Mahomes is going to have to be able to consistently beat blitzes or they will see a lot of those this season as teams try to take away the big plays.

The whole philosophy of weak OL who are athletic was BS to begin with. What ever happened to lines like Reid had in Philly with big mother****ers like Jon Runyan. This OL has always been soft.

Chief Northman 08-12-2018 02:06 PM

I’ve been saying it all along.

Andy Heck needs to GTFO. No cohesion under his coaching tenure.

bigjosh 08-12-2018 02:07 PM

Wasn't berry held out last pre season with heel pain before he blew his Achilles apart?

Not promising.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

saphojunkie 08-12-2018 02:12 PM

Time to move on from Berry and Houston and use the $ to improve the OL. Keep drafting DB and pass rushers.

I mean after this year, obviously.

-King- 08-12-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671689)
They’re struggling at practice daily from the sounds of things. Ford whooped Schwartz today a couple times.

I haven't heard anything like that. I haven't heard of any good days from our OLBs including Houston.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 08-12-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671689)
They’re struggling at practice daily from the sounds of things. Ford whooped Schwartz today a couple times.

I don’t think Fisher or Schwartz will be very different than they have been. They aren’t old and they aren’t injured.

I’ll be worried if it continues the next couple of weeks.

FloridaMan88 08-12-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13671698)
Big contracts are not good for the team.
No more Veach!

I know we are sick of the "Patriots Way" BS, but one part of their strategy I agree with is the fact that the player with the biggest salary cap # on their roster is their franchise QB (Tom Brady), same with Pittsburgh and Ben Roethlisberger.

Otherwise New England and Pittsburgh generally don't overpay to keep other players.

ThaVirus 08-12-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13671416)
His sore heel was different from the heel he tore his Achilles on
Posted via Mobile Device

Overcompensating could have led to the torn Achille's.

saphojunkie 08-12-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13671748)
I know we are sick of the "Patriots Way" BS, but one part of their strategy I agree with is the fact that the player with the biggest salary cap # on their roster is their franchise QB (Tom Brady), same with Pittsburgh and Ben Roethlisberger.

Otherwise New England and Pittsburgh generally don't overpay to keep other players.

Easier to do when your QB is a playmaker. With the Alex Smiths of the world, you need to pay for playmakers elsewhere.

This is why Mahomes being elite is an absolute paradigm shift for the entire organization.

Tribal Warfare 08-12-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13671732)
Time to move on from Berry and Houston and use the $ to improve the OL. Keep drafting DB and pass rushers.

I mean after this year, obviously.

Berry is staying till he retires that man is the heart and soul of the team.

-King- 08-12-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13671749)
Overcompensating could have led to the torn Achille's.

Overcompensating would injure something on the same leg not the opposite leg.
Posted via Mobile Device

tmax63 08-12-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671657)
Well, I agree for the most part, especially after watching Thursday and part of camp. However, I find it strange that the line looked as poor as they did. We’ve had 4 of those 5 linemen since 2016, and that group has always been at least serviceable in pass protection. I’ve gotta believe that if healthy they can at least get back to competency soon. It’s not like they all got old or anything.

They won’t be road graders but what you have to hope for is that the sheer volume of playmakers will lead to them facing very light boxes consistently, and thus they can have it easier on Sundays. But Mahomes is going to have to be able to consistently beat blitzes or they will see a lot of those this season as teams try to take away the big plays.

They haven't played together as a group though for more than 20 plays. The Texans have a top 10 D-line. They'll be serviceable but not great.

ThaVirus 08-12-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13671819)
Posted via Mobile Device

How so?

If my left heel hurts, I'm going to put more weight on my right leg to compensate, which further increases risk of injury on my right leg.

OKchiefs 08-12-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13671819)
Posted via Mobile Device

Umm, what?