ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

pugsnotdrugs19 08-12-2018 01:03 PM

On the bright side of our potential AIDS safety play to come, it sounds like the pass rush could be stronger this year. Especially once Sutton is actually putting a gameplan together to get pressure.

Of course it could also be because our OL has been cock all camp so far.

Sassy Squatch 08-12-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13671582)
So who's our starting safeties if Berry is out?

Just pack in the season at that point. Our entire secondary is shit at that point outside of Fuller, and he's a relative unknown as the top CB. Peters trade is starting to look like a disaster for Reid and co.

Titty Meat 08-12-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671590)
Murray and Watts

Wow.

Then if LDT gets hurt the same time Morse gets his yearly injury yikes.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-12-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13671626)
Wow.

Then if LDT gets hurt the same time Morse gets his yearly injury yikes.

Just as worrisome is the fact that Schwartz and Fisher are currently struggling much more than normal

Three7s 08-12-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671621)
On the bright side of our potential AIDS safety play to come, it sounds like the pass rush could be stronger this year. Especially once Sutton is actually putting a gameplan together to get pressure.

Of course it could also be because our OL has been cock all camp so far.

This is why I temper my enthusiasm about how well guys are doing pass-rushing or holding up on run plays. The OL has shown me absolutely no reason to think any of these guys on the line are any good when they couldn't block their way out of a paper bag on Thursday.

Chiefshrink 08-12-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671487)
This team really could be great,

The offensive line has got to get their shit tightened up too.

Could be great IF our drafts were more successful in creating good depth especially in our 2ndary and o-line. It will take much more than 'tightening up' for this o-line and our 2ndary is in worse shape IMHO. Not trying to be a negative Ned here but for all the so-called talent we have, we do not have an infrastructure of solid talent across the team to support and allow our playmakers to be making plays IMHO. Andy's and Dorsey's chickens coming home to roost IMHO.

Gonna be a long season for Mahomes and I hope NOT. But I know better based on my football eyes and lack of very little change especially along the o-line.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-12-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 13671638)
This is why I temper my enthusiasm about how well guys are doing pass-rushing or holding up on run plays. The OL has shown me absolutely no reason to think any of these guys on the line are any good when they couldn't block their way out of a paper bag on Thursday.

Yeah, and Kareem busted a couple of nice runs today too apparently so I suppose it isn’t all bad for the line, but idk. They’d better tighten that shit up in a hurry or Bosa and Ingram will kill Mahomes week one.

Chiefshrink 08-12-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 13671638)

:clap::clap: Let alone the last 3-4yrs.

FloridaMan88 08-12-2018 01:21 PM

JFC is Eric Berry ever NOT injured?

Between him and Justin Houston, the Chiefs have massive $$$ invested in players who are constantly injured and have had diminishing production since getting paid.

TLO 08-12-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13671650)
JFC is Eric Berry ever NOT injured?

Between him and Justin Houston, the Chiefs have massive $$$ invested in players who are either constantly injured and have had diminishing production since getting paid.

Ты тупица

RunKC 08-12-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671590)
Murray and Watts

Robert Golden

pugsnotdrugs19 08-12-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13671641)
Could be great IF our drafts were more successful in creating good depth especially in our 2ndary and o-line. It will take much more than 'tightening up' for this o-line and our 2ndary is in worse shape IMHO. Not trying to be a negative Ned here but for all the so-called talent we have, we do not have an infrastructure of solid talent across the team to support and allow our playmakers to be making plays IMHO. Andy's and Dorsey's chickens coming home to roost IMHO.

Gonna be a long season for Mahomes and I hope NOT. But I know better based on my football eyes and lack of very little change especially along the o-line.

Well, I agree for the most part, especially after watching Thursday and part of camp. However, I find it strange that the line looked as poor as they did. We’ve had 4 of those 5 linemen since 2016, and that group has always been at least serviceable in pass protection. I’ve gotta believe that if healthy they can at least get back to competency soon. It’s not like they all got old or anything.

They won’t be road graders but what you have to hope for is that the sheer volume of playmakers will lead to them facing very light boxes consistently, and thus they can have it easier on Sundays. But Mahomes is going to have to be able to consistently beat blitzes or they will see a lot of those this season as teams try to take away the big plays.

In58men 08-12-2018 01:42 PM

Is Reid calling the plays this season?

-King- 08-12-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13671633)
Just as worrisome is the fact that Schwartz and Fisher are currently struggling much more than normal

We've seen them play like 7 plays lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

pugsnotdrugs19 08-12-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13671685)
We've seen them play like 7 plays lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

They’re struggling at practice daily from the sounds of things. Ford whooped Schwartz today a couple times.