ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184595)

ChiTown 02-19-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6544407)
I kind of got out of golf last year just due to work, family, etc. I'm hoping to get back into it fully this year. We should do a CP Golf outing sometime.

I left golf for about 8 years. Now that my kids are older, and want to play, I'm ALL in. I even have my wife getting into the game. Matter of fact, my wife and I are going on a 5-Day golf vacation in Sedona in May.

Mr. Plow 02-19-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6544515)
I left golf for about 8 years. Now that my kids are older, and want to play, I'm ALL in. I even have my wife getting into the game. Matter of fact, my wife and I are going on a 5-Day golf vacation in Sedona in May.

That would be a blast. Of course, I've always said to myself "Keep the wife out of golf....it's the only piece and quiet you get" lol.

KC_Connection 02-19-2010 11:27 AM

I don't care about any of this crap about Tiger going through sex therapy. He probably doesn't mean any of it, anyway. I just want him to play golf again by the Masters.

smittysbar 02-20-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6544149)

I could never hit an 11 degree loft driver. I already hit an extremely high ball with a 9.5degree loft. Nice looking club, though.

Yeah I hit 8.5 to 9.5

kstater 03-06-2010 04:20 PM

Just got in from 2 man scramble. -2 69 to finish at the bottom of the champ. flight. Fun considering we'd only played twice since last fall. Wishing we'd found a bogey somewhere.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-06-2010 04:25 PM

Just went and chipped and putted for about 45 minutes for the first time this year.

I'm working on two main things this year: keeping my spine angle consistent, and making sure that my left wrist doesn't break down in my putting stroke.

OnTheWarpath15 03-06-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6544385)
I hate square drivers, personally. No feel, and they don't go as far, IMO.

YMMV.

I'm in the market for a new <del>complete ****ing waste of money</del> driver myself.

That said, the technological advances from my G2 to the current crop isn't what most would have you believe.

I'm thinking about grabbing a gently used Rapture (original, super long) or taking an FT-9 for a test drive and figuring out what shaft works best for me.

I used to feel the same way about square drivers.

Then I picked up a Callaway FT-I on eBay with a matrix xcon 6 for nothing. Dude had no idea the shaft alone was worth a bundle. Figured if I hated it, I'd pull the shaft and double/triple my money.

Finally took it out yesterday, and I hit the biggest bombs ever with it - and you can still work the club. Pretty damn happy about that get.

kstater 03-06-2010 04:46 PM

I tried a Nike Square driver a couple years ago and just couldn't hit it. Didn't like it so haven't tried another one since.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-06-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6583078)
I used to feel the same way about square drivers.

Then I picked up a Callaway FT-I on eBay with a matrix xcon 6 for nothing. Dude had no idea the shaft alone was worth a bundle. Figured if I hated it, I'd pull the shaft and double/triple my money.

Finally took it out yesterday, and I hit the biggest bombs ever with it - and you can still work the club. Pretty damn happy about that get.

I would bet that most of that is the shaft, though.

OnTheWarpath15 03-06-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6583111)
I would bet that most of that is the shaft, though.

Absolutely.

But if I'm hitting the ball just as far, in some cases farther - and hitting more fairways in the process - I could give a shit what the clubhead looks like.

It's not for everyone, I know, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Stinger 03-06-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6583045)

making sure that my left wrist doesn't break down in my putting stroke.

Went through the same issue a couple of years back, changed my putting grip from a traditional overlap to a reverse overlap grip. Took a good couple of weeks to get a feel but have loved it on short ,3-8 foot putts ever since. And that grip doesn't allow for the wrist breakdown.

Braincase 03-06-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6544515)

Kind of my story. My oldest was born 13 1/2 years ago and I put 'em up. Last year, all three kids and my wief seemed to show an interest. Went out, bought some new clubs, and joined a club. Having a blast. Now if I can just keep myself from opening up to early in my swing.

kstater 03-07-2010 04:39 PM

Some epic lawls going on right now

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-07-2010 04:43 PM

I was at a Dick's Sporting Goods last night and found the following clubs:

Callaway FT-IQ Imix (Fubuki) for 199 (they also have the V2 and ProLaunch, FWIW)
Ping Rapture (original) with a Blueboard for 199.

Thoughs?

smittysbar 03-07-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6585225)
I was at a Dick's Sporting Goods last night and found the following clubs:

Callaway FT-IQ Imix (Fubuki) for 199 (they also have the V2 and ProLaunch, FWIW)
Ping Rapture (original) with a Blueboard for 199.

Thoughs?

That seems like a steal for the Cally