ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330861)

TribalElder 01-17-2024 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17343989)
I don’t think there’s been a more physical corner duo in the NFL since Sherman and Browner in Seattle, but our guys can cover even better than they could.

I love these guys so goddamn much.

I was thinking about this, I think this is the best secondary I can ever remember the Chiefs having

Hammock Parties 01-17-2024 08:49 PM

pay him...this defense is such a ****ing force of nature right now i'm not sure they won't just buzzsaw through the rest of the AFC

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Stop running from me, 10” ��<a href="https://twitter.com/jay__sneed?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jay__sneed</a> was on the mic for our Dolphins dub. <a href="https://t.co/k02L86YJwF">pic.twitter.com/k02L86YJwF</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1747785794603937912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TheGuardian 01-17-2024 09:26 PM

Chris Long has been glazing over Sneed for weeks but really goes on about him in this clip and says he's probably one of his top 3 fave players in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSd8...twithChrisLong

This segment is pretty amazing.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-17-2024 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17343967)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Stop running from me, 10” ��<a href="https://twitter.com/jay__sneed?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jay__sneed</a> was on the mic for our Dolphins dub. <a href="https://t.co/k02L86YJwF">pic.twitter.com/k02L86YJwF</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1747785794603937912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That. Was. AWESOME!

You could tell by the end of that game Tyreek had found his true biological father and couldn’t get on the plane back to Miami fast enough. Wow. Never thought I’d see a man take complete ownership of Cheetah like that. That was amazing. Nobody on that Dolphin team wanted any piece of Sneed by the end of that game. One of the most dominant games I’ve ever seen by a DB. Truly Ronnie Lott-esque. They were literally scared of Sneed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-17-2024 09:46 PM

Pay him!

JohnnyHammersticks 01-17-2024 09:53 PM

When he started pounding his chest I grabbed the gun out of my nightstand just in case he jumped out of my phone and turned that shit on me :eek: :)

Coochie liquor 01-18-2024 08:51 AM

Sneed, WR1 Hunter!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c9d2a4f67d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGuardian 01-18-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17343989)
I don’t think there’s been a more physical corner duo in the NFL since Sherman and Browner in Seattle, but our guys can cover even better than they could.

I love these guys so goddamn much.

I hate the Sherman comparisons because Sherman was really just a mouth on a great defense that got burned a lot, but played dirty. Sneed actually shuts guys down

ThaVirus 01-18-2024 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17344483)
I hate the Sherman comparisons because Sherman was really just a mouth on a great defense that got burned a lot, but played dirty. Sneed actually shuts guys down

?

Sherman was incredible in his prime. Their scheme didn’t dictate that he followed around the #1 WR in man-to-man coverage but you could pretty much count on his entire third of the field to be locked down while he was in.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Hasty.

Sneed is a faster version of James Hasty. The older version of Hasty that played with us - not the younger version with the Jets. That version was faster than Sneed.

But by the time he got here he knew how he had to play and man did he do it.

That's another reason I'm more inclined to extend Sneed despite his age. Hasty was out there taking scalps at 35 yrs old. Now I don't think that's doable in the modern era - too much wide open passing. But at 31 or 32? Yeah, if Sneed's knees hold up, he can do that.

Give him 3-4 more years here and he's going into the Ring of Honor. He's building a hell of a legend in Kansas City. I'd hate to see the story end here.

Chiefspants 01-18-2024 10:48 AM

Brandon Flowers is another who I thought aged pretty well despite being short and a tick slow for the position. The dude had excellent technique and physicality off the snap and was able to ride that through a second contract with Kansas City.

Rain Man 01-18-2024 10:50 AM

Sneed is the modern version of Mel Blount.

raybec 4 01-18-2024 11:00 AM

I loved that mic'd up but I wish they would have shown us what he was saying when he stared down the entire Dolphin side line by himself late in the 4th.

Urc Burry 01-18-2024 11:04 AM

I’m happy to eat crow on this one. Not that I never thought Sneed wasn’t any good. But I just didn’t think it made sense to pay him with McDuffie already being a top 10ish guy, and how well we’ve been drafting there. (Joshua Williams has very quietly had a great year too).

But this step Sneed has taken has been unbelievable. He has made it to where he needs to be the #1 priority in the off season.

My only gripe with Veach is that he never gets these guys done early. Maybe Sneed would have turned down anything that would have been viewed as a bargain for us. But I have to believe he would have taken Charvarius’ deal, and now he’s going to cost 20mil+

TheGuardian 01-18-2024 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 17344548)
I’m happy to eat crow on this one. Not that I never thought Sneed wasn’t any good. But I just didn’t think it made sense to pay him with McDuffie already being a top 10ish guy, and how well we’ve been drafting there. (Joshua Williams has very quietly had a great year too).

But this step Sneed has taken has been unbelievable. He has made it to where he needs to be the #1 priority in the off season.

My only gripe with Veach is that he never gets these guys done early. Maybe Sneed would have turned down anything that would have been viewed as a bargain for us. But I have to believe he would have taken Charvarius’ deal, and now he’s going to cost 20mil+

This with Sneed started last year. Probably halfway through the season this transition into the best corner in the league started then but no one really noticed because the D as a whole wasn't as good.

Wisconsin_Chief 01-18-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

I really just meant the physicality aspect of things. Browner and Sherman were incredibly physical and I really haven't seen a corner duo since then that had that kind of tenacity until Trent and Sneed. Both are drastically better in coverage though, obviously. Not even a comparison there.

Bl00dyBizkitz 01-18-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Its possible again that we could've gotten a deal done last year if we knew what was happening with Chris Jones. That giant question mark on him the whole offseason kinda makes it hard to plan much of anything.

Thanks a lot, CJ.

Bl00dyBizkitz 01-18-2024 01:04 PM

Hypothetically, let's say we do end up in a tag and trade situation. Whats your expected haul from trading Sneed?

Skyy God 01-18-2024 01:45 PM

Quote:

That doesn’t really happen anymore.

The NFLPA pushes guys to reset the market. Nothing wrong with getting what you can given short careers and the immense toll on your body.

Pitt Gorilla 01-18-2024 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17344513)
Hasty.

Sneed is a faster version of James Hasty. The older version of Hasty that played with us - not the younger version with the Jets. That version was faster than Sneed.

That's another reason I'm more inclined to extend Sneed despite his age. Hasty was out there taking scalps at 35 yrs old. Now I don't think that's doable in the modern era - too much wide open passing. But at 31 or 32? Yeah, if Sneed's knees hold up, he can do that.

Give him 3-4 more years here and he's going into the Ring of Honor. He's building a hell of a legend in Kansas City. I'd hate to see the story end here.

I want to agree, but I don't know that I can. Hasty may have been fast, but I certainly don't remember it (even with the Jets). He was always a guy that would/could jam the receiver, but I don't recall him ever having the speed to keep up with a guy. He typically grabbed and held receivers, assuming they couldn't call everything. LJS is a physical specimen but he also runs a 4.37. He's just the entire package.

Is Dale Carter the better comp? Both could play safety, but I don't think even Dale ever ran faster than a 4.4. LJS is just a different cat.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17344973)
I want to agree, but I don't know that I can. Hasty may have been fast, but I certainly don't remember it (even with the Jets). He was always a guy that would/could jam the receiver, but I don't recall him ever having the speed to keep up with a guy. He typically grabbed and held receivers, assuming they couldn't call everything. LJS is a physical specimen but he also runs a 4.37. He's just the entire package.

Is Dale Carter the better comp? Both could play safety, but I don't think even Dale ever ran faster than a 4.4. LJS is just a different cat.

Sneed doesn't seem to play as a sub 4.4 guy. I don't think that's where he is after the knee issues he's had.

He doesn't have the catchup speed that McDuffie has. And typically he stays with guys deep by just harassing the shit out of them and messing up their stride rather than sprinting alongside them.

Dale Carter is one of the greatest pure athletes in NFL history - I really don't think that's hyperbole. He was damn near Deion Sanders in terms of pure athleticism. No, I don't think he's a good comp for Sneed at all. Carter was physical when ordered to be but he didn't exactly relish it. And he wasn't nearly as intelligent a player as Sneed.

But g'damn could that guy move.

Chiefspants 01-18-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17344553)
This with Sneed started last year. Probably halfway through the season this transition into the best corner in the league started then but no one really noticed because the D as a whole wasn't as good.

He also got concussed early in the Bengals AFC Championship and had two major uncharacteristic brainfarts in the Super Bowl which I think made people think one, we could play without him, and two, we should target McDuffie over him.

This year he's just been otherworldly, as has McDuffie.

Rausch 01-18-2024 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17344981)
Sneed doesn't seem to play as a sub 4.4 guy. I don't think that's where he is after the knee issues he's had.

He doesn't have the catchup speed that McDuffie has. And typically he stays with guys deep by just harassing the shit out of them and messing up their stride rather than sprinting alongside them.

Dale Carter is one of the greatest pure athletes in NFL history - I really don't think that's hyperbole. He was damn near Deion Sanders in terms of pure athleticism. No, I don't think he's a good comp for Sneed at all. Carter was physical when ordered to be but he didn't exactly relish it. And he wasn't nearly as intelligent a player as Sneed.

But g'damn could that guy move.

Hasty, in final result, was similar to Sneed. They just shut their guy down. Didn't get a ton of INT's or turnovers but erased dudes from the box score.

I don't think the styles of Sneed/McDuffie match up with Carter/Hasty but in quality they are the best pair since. And if we're lucky enough to have Sneed next year they may be better. McDuffie has HOF upside.

suzzer99 01-18-2024 04:14 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ran the numbers on this, too. <br><br>Penalty Yards: 82<br>Penalty EPA Lost: 13.8<br>Penalty WP Lost: 33%</p>&mdash; Joseph Hefner (@josephjefe) <a href="https://twitter.com/josephjefe/status/1748101624160223656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's a whole Sneed/PFF discussion going on right now.

Rausch 01-18-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17345033)
There's a whole Sneed/PFF discussion going on right now.

Let's end it - penalties never lead to TD's. They might move the sticks and might make it easier but shutting yer' guy down and giving up penalty yardage doesn't equal points.

It's the trade off for 0 TD's...

Pitt Gorilla 01-18-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17345040)
Let's end it - penalties never lead to TD's. They might move the sticks and might make it easier but shutting yer' guy down and giving up penalty yardage doesn't equal points.

It's the trade off for 0 TD's...

I would have MUCH preferred someone significantly interfere with Reek, than let him score the Fins only TD.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2024 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyy God (Post 17344802)
That doesn’t really happen anymore.

The NFLPA pushes guys to reset the market. Nothing wrong with getting what you can given short careers and the immense toll on your body.

Which makes no sense in a hard cap league. The pie is the pie, and all the pie is eaten by NFLPA members.

Chief Pagan 01-18-2024 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17345055)
I would have MUCH preferred someone significantly interfere with Reek, than let him score the Fins only TD.

They did significantly interfere. They drew a flag and it was totally deserved.

They just let him score anyway.

LMAO

Shit occasionally happens.

BossChief 01-18-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17344513)
Hasty.

Sneed is only 26

DJ's left nut 01-18-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17345088)
Which makes no sense in a hard cap league. The pie is the pie, and all the pie is eaten by NFLPA members.

Yeah - this isn't an NFLPA thing.

This is an agents thing. The NFLPA doesn't truly give a shit if the market gets re-set. As you noted, the cap is what the cap is and very few teams don't spend to it. In fact, the NFLPA writ large may well prefer a less top-heavy allocation of those cap-funds.

But the agents are out to get their individual clients the most money possible (as well they should be) and it's hard to find really good players. So you can spin the wheel and take your chances that some bad team won't overpay your really good player as though he's a great player (and some bad team ALWAYS will) or you can be aggressive in your efforts at retaining said player before he hits the market.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17345108)
Sneed is only 26

Dude turns 27 in 3 days...

As far as 2nd contract players go, he's a couple years overaged. A 3 year extension gets you 27, 28 and 29 - those are usually pretty good years for CBs but the wall does come fast and hard for them.

A guy like Revis was one of the best CBs in football still at 29. By 31 he was barely NFL quality. It's just something to consider.

JohnnyV13 01-18-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17344000)
I was thinking about this, I think this is the best secondary I can ever remember the Chiefs having

I guess you're not old enough to remember Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross, Deron Cherry, and Lloyd Burrus

Womble 01-28-2024 07:20 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/8khsVRRg/Screen...9-011840-2.png

smithandrew051 01-28-2024 07:22 PM

If you count Mahomes as a Dorsey pick (since he was the GM at the time), is Sneed Veach’s best draft pick?

Yes, I know the story behind Veach and Mahomes.

ghak99 01-28-2024 10:48 PM

https://y.yarn.co/87fb9e16-c79a-4ee9...106ae_text.gif

Pitt Gorilla 01-28-2024 10:50 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/m/LwLpngEMl...s-teddykgb.gif

BWillie 01-28-2024 10:50 PM

if ward got x, then sneed has to get x times 4 right?

Rain Man 01-28-2024 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17372418)

No one can change my mind on this.

ThyKingdomCome15 01-28-2024 11:42 PM

Can we really afford to lose Sneed? Think about that.

BWillie 01-28-2024 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17373832)

Absolutely. We have other great DBs and with Veach's track record finding CB and Safety we will reload.

el borracho 01-29-2024 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17373832)

Could we really afford to lose Tyreek?

The answer is that our CB play would certainly diminish but we might be an overall better team, depending on compensation.

I love Sneed and hope we keep him. But if the Bears offered us the 9th pick this year and next year's first I'm at least listening.

BossChief 01-29-2024 01:11 AM

Just give him a backloaded 5/100 deal with good structure.

We cant let him leave town.

He’s a foundation block of this defense.

Hammock Parties 01-29-2024 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17373895)

Chris has been laboring this postseason and should have taken Week 17 off.

It's been fun, but we have a better investment in Sneed.

DRM08 01-29-2024 01:18 AM

Super clutch goal line stand by Sneed. Amazing play to force that fumble. It was the difference on the scoreboard in the end. Well done Sneed!!

BWillie 01-29-2024 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17373895)

Sure we can. We don't need to pay corner unless we had no other good corners. But we do. A ton of them.

BossChief 01-29-2024 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17373896)
Chris has been laboring this postseason and should have taken Week 17 off.

It's been fun, but we have a better investment in Sneed.

Strictly by age, Sneed is easily the better investment. Based on talent, respective to their positions…they are pretty much equal. Impact to the defense is very similar, as well.

Signing Sneed at 27 years old for 20-21m aav is a lot better than signing Jones at 30 years old for 30-31m aav.

I just hope Jones ends up in the NFC.

Even though it’s unrealistic, I’m still holding out hope that the market Jones wants in FA won’t develop and that we will have a chance to still keep him in KC, but that’s highly unlikely.

BossChief 01-29-2024 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17373903)
Sure we can. We don't need to pay corner unless we had no other good corners. But we do. A ton of them.

The only way Sneed is leaving KC is after he retires once his second contract is played out, or someone offers us a haul of draft picks for him…which is very possible.

CupidStunt 01-29-2024 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 17373852)
But if the Bears offered us the 9th pick this year and next year's first I'm at least listening.

I'm at the front of the line singing LJ's praises, but...

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Munson 01-29-2024 06:54 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3839fdec43.jpg

CaptainMorgan 01-29-2024 08:41 AM

Anyone else notice that on the Flowers taunt, part of the reason he reacted and pushed Sneed down was because Sneed was very subtly holding onto his leg. Sneed is such an absolute badass. The dude makes plays, gets in heads, and absolutely dominates his opponents. Mentally, physically, psychologically. He took that rook and absolutely destroyed him. Brilliant.

ThaVirus 01-29-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 17374234)
Anyone else notice that on the Flowers taunt, part of the reason he reacted and pushed Sneed down was because Sneed was very subtly holding onto his leg. Sneed is such an absolute badass. The dude makes plays, gets in heads, and absolutely dominates his opponents. Mentally, physically, psychologically. He took that rook and absolutely destroyed him. Brilliant.

100%. I’m sure Sneed was chirping in his ear all game stirring the pot as well, but I don’t think Flowers taunts Sneed if he doesn’t pull that little stunt. It’s juuuuust enough to get in a guy’s head and cause him to boil over in an emotional moment ala Kelce drawing the PF on Van Noy. Kelce was mixing it up with guys after damn near every play, doing as much as he could without drawing a flag on himself, then the instant he sees the flag fly on Van Noy he just starts laughing his ass off. He had been working for that one.

All that mental shit is the game inside the game. I’m proud to see how far Kelce has come in that regard. He used to be the guy getting baited into the PF lol now he’s baiting other dipshits in Championship Games.

Chiefnj2 01-29-2024 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 17374234)

I thought he was trying to twist his knee, which is what generated the push. The refs would have let that go. You can't throw the ball at someone. They can't ignore that.

loochy 01-29-2024 08:59 AM

The reason the whole defensive scheme can work, though, is because they can leave sneed and/or mcduffie on islands and not worry. That allows for the pressure to come from strange locations. I'd say that most on D are replaceable EXCEPT Sneed and McDuffie

CaptainMorgan 01-29-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17374261)
100%. I’m sure Sneed was chirping in his ear all game stirring the pot as well, but I don’t think Flowers taunts Sneed if he doesn’t pull that little stunt. It’s juuuuust enough to get in a guy’s head and cause him to boil over in an emotional moment ala Kelce drawing the PF on Van Noy. Kelce was mixing it up with guys after damn near every play, doing as much as he could without drawing a flag on himself, then the instant he sees the flag fly on Van Noy he just starts laughing his ass off. He had been working for that one.

All that mental shit is the game inside the game. I’m proud to see how far Kelce has come in that regard. He used to be the guy getting baited into the PF lol now he’s baiting other dipshits in Championship Games.

Totally. Was a thing of beauty. Second I saw Kielce handle Tucker's BS I knew they were cooked.

-King- 01-29-2024 11:37 AM

Don't know how to embed shorts but fan view of the forced fumble:

https://youtube.com/shorts/hlxXLkMjY...sAe9mcuuaWbmYk

kcfan75 01-29-2024 11:48 AM

I hope we're the ones paying him, but this guy needs to get paid. His production compared to his compensation is just ridiculous.

Hopefully Mahomes slid him a few million under the table.

duncan_idaho 01-29-2024 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17374775)

My favorite part is how you hear the crowd jubilation start to die as a bystander says “what” and then it stops.

Bl00dyBizkitz 01-29-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17374261)

Kelce has massive little brother energy, literally. He knows how to be an annoying little shit and get under your skin. And yeah, like you said, he's matured so much that he knows where the line is and how much he can get away with without crossing it. It was awesome watching it unfold.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17374775)

Steal that play.

That's a REALLY well designed play right there. You can see Sneed trying to play outside leverage and he just has no shot at that underneath ball. It's not a terribly complicated concept; simple layered over/under - but man that was easy as stealin' right there.

Flowers ****ing it up doesn't mean it wasn't a fantastic playcall. We got undressed there.

Eleazar 01-29-2024 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17374870)
My favorite part is how you hear the crowd jubilation start to die as a bystander says “what” and then it stops.

LMAO

DUHHHH DUH DUH DUH .... WHAT?

LMAO

TinyEvel 01-29-2024 12:29 PM

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ubaTtXd" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/ubaTtXd">Teachable moment</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThaVirus 01-29-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17374883)
Kelce has massive little brother energy, literally. He knows how to be an annoying little shit and get under your skin. And yeah, like you said, he's matured so much that he knows where the line is and how much he can get away with without crossing it. It was awesome watching it unfold.

Massive little brother energy is perfect lol