ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Andrew Luck Retires (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324643)

saphojunkie 08-28-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14413175)
I could say something here but I won't risk the snowflakes banning me again over nothing.

If you're going to think it, you may as well say it. It's the thinking that's poisonous.

DJ's left nut 08-28-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14413439)
Is it hard going through life being subliterate?

Right?

Jesus tits; a dozen paragraphs explaining the sequence of events that make this precisely Jim Irsay's fault and that ****ing mongoloid says "How is this Irsay's fault...."

Read idiot.

It blows my mind that this guy spent 4 years sucking off Alex Smith and now continues to put Andrew Luck on blast for the sins of the most incompetent GM in recent history and his pill-popping boss.

If you disagree, then disagree. But to ask someone to explain why they think it's Irsays fault after a prolonged back and forth that does precisely that... dafuq?

CasselGotPeedOn 08-28-2019 09:22 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Insane.<br><br>Ryan Grigson killed Andrew Luck&#39;s career.<br><br>Pressured 16 times per game under Grigson&#39;s watch, MOST in NFL &amp; hit MOST of any QB.<br><br>From 2012-2015, Grigson drafted just 3 O-Linemen before rd 7:<br><br>•Hugh Thornton (trash)<br>•Jack Mewhort (trash)<br>•Khaled Holmes (trash)<br><br>So sad. <a href="https://t.co/61HtIEqd8N">https://t.co/61HtIEqd8N</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1165440517682999296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious 08-28-2019 09:23 PM

**** them.

**** them all.

Start the clock with a countdown of 50 years and get back to me.

bringbackmarty 08-28-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14411446)
I suppose my favorite gladiator weapon was the Fascina and my least favorite was the Caestus with attached spikes.

Nothing is more enjoyable than watching a captured Norwegian get splayed by a properly-deployed Fascina while he's lying in a pool of sweat, sand, and blood.

FAX

Hey man, what gives with you and the Norwegians'? They good people. Make as good a meatball as the swedish, although it's more like a pancake, stood up to the Nazis, probably the first folks to get obliterated if Russia decides to invade Western Europe.

Baby Lee 08-28-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14413544)
Right?

Jesus tits; a dozen paragraphs explaining the sequence of events that make this precisely Jim Irsay's fault and that ****ing mongoloid says "How is this Irsay's fault...."

Read idiot.

It blows my mind that this guy spent 4 years sucking off Alex Smith and now continues to put Andrew Luck on blast for the sins of the most incompetent GM in recent history and his pill-popping boss.

If you disagree, then disagree. But to ask someone to explain why they think it's Irsays fault after a prolonged back and forth that does precisely that... dafuq?

But, . . . how's it Irsay's fault? ;)

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="UnwyDXF"><a href="//imgur.com/UnwyDXF">But why male models?</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PAChiefsGuy 08-28-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14413544)
Right?

Read idiot.

Still hung up on Smitty huh? LMAO!

Oh yeah How does Andrew Lucks dick taste? Just curious since you've clearly been sucking it lately.

Blaming Lucks retirement on the owner of the team is just stupid. Irsay did everything he could for Luck. It isnt his fault Luck is too mentally weak to deal w rehab from an injury

DJ's left nut 08-28-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14413583)
Still hung up on Smitty huh? LMAO!

Oh yeah How does Andrew Lucks dick taste? Just curious since you've clearly been sucking it lately.

Blaming Lucks retirement on the owner of the team is just stupid. Irsay did everything he could for Luck. It isnt his fault Luck is too mentally weak to deal w rehab from an injury

I mean, apart from continuing to employ the mouth-breathing half-wit that saddled him with the OL that subjected him to more abuse than any QB since David Carr.

Yeah, 'everything he could' other than insist on a player personnel department that could get him from being beaten like a rented mule every weekend.

I couldn't give one **** less about Alex Smith - not my circuis, not my monkeys. I just find it hilarious that the guy who bent over backwards defending the guy can't acknowledge that maybe a competent owner/front office doesn't see their HoF quarterback walk away in the middle of his prime.

For all the excuses you'll make for a mediocre player like Alex Smith, you're sure coming down awfully hard on Luck.

PAChiefsGuy 08-29-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14413588)
I mean, apart from continuing to employ the mouth-breathing half-wit that saddled him with the OL that subjected him to more abuse than any QB since David Carr.

Yeah, 'everything he could' other than insist on a player personnel department that could get him from being beaten like a rented mule every weekend.

I couldn't give one **** less about Alex Smith - not my circuis, not my monkeys. I just find it hilarious that the guy who bent over backwards defending the guy can't acknowledge that maybe a competent owner/front office doesn't see their HoF quarterback walk away in the middle of his prime.

For all the excuses you'll make for a mediocre player like Alex Smith, you're sure coming down awfully hard on Luck.

I'm not coming down hard on Luck. If you are a superstar QB and you retire two-weeks before the start of the season guess what? A lot of ppl are going to be pissed. Remember, he got booed last time he was on the field.

I know you white knights like to create excuses for him but not everyone thinks like y'all. Sorry if that upsets you.

Perineum Ripper 08-29-2019 11:56 AM

You know for a guy who said he had no more to say on the subject, you have said a lot more. Seems like you are the one upset, since others here don't think like you do and are challenging your thought process.

Seems like you are mentally weak like you call Luck, but he is at least strong enough to actually quit when he said he was done.

PAChiefsGuy 08-29-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14414017)
You know for a guy who said he had no more to say on the subject, you have said a lot more. Seems like you are the one upset, since others here don't think like you do and are challenging your thought process.

Seems like you are mentally weak like you call Luck, but he is at least strong enough to actually quit when he said he was done.

I don't take this board serious enough to stop posting about a subject if I say I am going to.

As far as the mentally weak comment. That's fine man. You are entitled to your opinion but you should know I do not care what you think about me.

New World Order 08-29-2019 12:10 PM

From Luck's perspective, retiring was probably the best thing for him PAChiefsMan

DJ's left nut 08-29-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14413960)
I'm not coming down hard on Luck. If you are a superstar QB and you retire two-weeks before the start of the season guess what? A lot of ppl are going to be pissed. Remember, he got booed last time he was on the field.

I know you white knights like to create excuses for him but not everyone thinks like y'all. Sorry if that upsets you.

Sure they did.

A bunch of inbred hoosiers who wouldn't have come back for a 2nd day of full contact practices if they had even made it through day 1 with the capacity to do so.

Have you ever been to training camp? I suggest you do so if you haven't. This year wasn't a good year for it because it was so crowded but in years past, you could get right down on the sidelines during team drills.

Those guys aren't even hitting each other as hard as they can in those full team 'scrimmages'. Even at 80% speed when you're standing 15 feet away from them and there's no crowd noise muffling things or detracting from the action - the brutality is stunning. And it isn't just a couple 'wow' moments per practice - it's on ordinary plays. It's on a simple swing pass to a back who gets squared up and taken down. On a run up the middle that nets 2 yards. Nothing that doesn't happen dozens of times a game. But when you see these guys at field level doing it to each other and you hear it, your understanding and appreciation of what they put themselves through skyrockets.

Nobody - !@#$ing nobody - that boo'd Andrew Luck has seen that. Because they'd all understand what he did if they had.

Television knocks the edges off everything. It makes baseball look like the easiest thing in the world. Then you get a field pass to a spring training or college game and you remember why you made those errors when you were a kid - that games !@#$ing tough. It makes basketball players look small until you get down there a few rows off the court and can't figure out how 10 guys that size occupy a court that small. It makes hockey look slow.

And it makes football look sane. It isn't, man. Nothing about it is.

And blasting away at Andrew Luck for making a decision that is undeniably in his best interests for the next 50 years just demonstrates how little you seem to understand that.

O.city 08-29-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14414057)
Sure they did.

A bunch of inbred hoosiers who wouldn't have come back for a 2nd day of full contact practices if they had even made it through day 1 with the capacity to do so.

Have you ever been to training camp? I suggest you do so if you haven't. This year wasn't a good year for it because it was so crowded but in years past, you could get right down on the sidelines during team drills.

Those guys aren't even hitting each other as hard as they can in those full team 'scrimmages'. Even at 80% speed when you're standing 15 feet away from them and there's no crowd noise muffling things or detracting from the action - the brutality is stunning. And it isn't just a couple 'wow' moments per practice - it's on ordinary plays. It's on a simple swing pass to a back who gets squared up and taken down. On a run up the middle that nets 2 yards. Nothing that doesn't happen dozens of times a game. But when you see these guys at field level doing it to each other and you hear it, your understanding and appreciation of what they put themselves through skyrockets.

Nobody - !@#$ing nobody - that boo'd Andrew Luck has seen that. Because they'd all understand what he did if they had.

Television knocks the edges off everything. It makes baseball look like the easiest thing in the world. Then you get a field pass to a spring training or college game and you remember why you made those errors when you were a kid - that games !@#$ing tough. It makes basketball players look small until you get down there a few rows off the court and can't figure out how 10 guys that size occupy a court that small. It makes hockey look slow.

And blasting away at Andrew Luck for making a decision that is undeniably in his best interests for the next 50 years just demonstrates how little you seem to understand that.

When I was a sophomore we went to camp at CMSU and Eureka was there IIRC, and Tony Temple was a SR. Anyway, I was a 175 lb sophomore safety at a small class one school. In some random drill I fill a hole and think "I've got this dude set up on a T to just blast" and he absolutely ran clean ass over me, like I wasn't there.

It's a different level.

ptlyon 08-29-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14414070)
When I was a sophomore we went to camp at CMSU and Eureka was there IIRC, and Tony Temple was a SR. Anyway, I was a 175 lb sophomore safety at a small class one school. In some random drill I fill a hole and think "I've got this dude set up on a T to just blast" and he absolutely ran clean ass over me, like I wasn't there.

It's a different level.

No wonder you turned into a dentist

redfan 08-29-2019 12:30 PM

I feel a salty disturbance in NEPA.

Tonka83 08-29-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Sure they did.

Outstanding post.

Hoopsdoc 08-29-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14413138)
Actually, let me walk that back juuuuuuust a little bit.

Remember that time the Colts were about to move on from Pagano and Grigson but instead of doing that decided to extend them BOTH to the shock of just about everyone?

https://deadspin.com/what-are-the-co...ing-1751092649

And why? Because "talks with Sean Payton broke down..."

So if Irsay pays what it would've taken to get Payton in 2016 and shitcans Grigson a year sooner - do things play out differently? Luck had absorbed quite a pounding by then but the lost 2017 season hadn't happened yet (just the lost 2015 season).

It may not have saved things; Grigson was such a cataclysmic failure that he may have already sowed the seeds of Luck's eventual retirement even prior to the 2016 season. But then again, I gotta imagine playing for Sean Payton would be quite a bit of fun as a QB and maybe the debacle of 2017 never happens with him instead.

But really - Ryan Grigson, man. What a moron. I mean when your GM looks like a sallow and particularly unintelligent mutant, maybe that should've been a red flag. The guy looks like a nuclear experiment that worked for a minute - then they left him in there cooking just a little too long and things went terribly awry. And I'm not sure he's physically capable of breathing through his nose.

Or tying his own shoes.

I mean as much as I hate Scott Pioli, I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100 over Ryan Grigson. That guy may be the worst executive in the history of professional sports.

Actually, Grigsons not even the worst GM in Colts history. That would be Jim himself, who was GM from 84 to 93. In those ten years, the Colts went 59-100 and made the playoffs one stinking time, in 87, the year after Jim traded 5(!!)1st and 2nd round picks and Greg Bell to LA for Eric Dickerson.

Edit-^^^^I’m not doing this trade justice in describing how bad it was. The Colts had drafted Cornelius Bennett, one of the better linebackers of the late 80’s/90’s, but Bob Irsay was to cheap to pay him. So they traded him to Buffalo for their 1st and 2nd round picks and used them in the Dickerson deal, plus their own 1st and 2nd AND a future second round pick.

DJ's left nut 08-29-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

It's a different level.

I got hit by a kid that ended up playing high-level DII ball (I think). This wasn't some freak of nature but just a strong, fast, aggressive kid who ended up getting a scholarship and some run at a small school. Held onto the ball and was damn proud of myself. And I wasn't going off the field because I wasn't gonna let him see that he drilled me.

But evidently I didn't look nearly as good as I thought I did because the coach came out there and dragged me by my shoulder pads out of the huddle. I guess I was a little wobble-legged or something, I dunno. I saw stars and yacked and that was the end of my day. Felt it for a couple days afterward.

And that was nothing compared to what these guys face. And while bigger, stronger, faster men can exponentially increase their ability to deliver abuse, the body's ability to take said abuse can only go up so much. Bones don't get bigger and stronger when you work out. Tendons don't. Nerves don't. Your brain bouncing around your skull doesn't.

Were I 26 yrs old and 225 lbs, I would still feel 80% as much of that blow as the 18 yr old, 165 lb version of me. Meanwhile, the NFL caliber version of Cordell (the dude that smoked me) is delivering 100% as much force. He's bigger, he's stronger, he's faster and he's !@#$ing meaner because this is his life.

And you just don't realize it from afar. The sights and sounds from up close are alarming. I lack the capacity for empathy so it's not something that's ever made me consider not being a fan anymore (DANCE FOR ME, CLOWNS!!!), but it was damn sure eye-opening.

Keyboard warriors can chug cock on this one. They're just absolutely wrong.

rabblerouser 08-29-2019 03:06 PM

Mike Garafolo reports Matt ****ing Cassel visiting the Colts.

ROFL
LMAO

They get what they deserve.

Beef Supreme 08-29-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14414350)

ROFL
LMAO

Maybe they can boo a quarterback for retiring and cheer for a quarterback getting hurt in the same season.

O.city 08-29-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14414286)
I got hit by a kid that ended up playing high-level DII ball (I think). This wasn't some freak of nature but just a strong, fast, aggressive kid who ended up getting a scholarship and some run at a small school. Held onto the ball and was damn proud of myself. And I wasn't going off the field because I wasn't gonna let him see that he drilled me.

But evidently I didn't look nearly as good as I thought I did because the coach came out there and dragged me by my shoulder pads out of the huddle. I guess I was a little wobble-legged or something, I dunno. I saw stars and yacked and that was the end of my day. Felt it for a couple days afterward.

And that was nothing compared to what these guys face. And while bigger, stronger, faster men can exponentially increase their ability to deliver abuse, the body's ability to take said abuse can only go up so much. Bones don't get bigger and stronger when you work out. Tendons don't. Nerves don't. Your brain bouncing around your skull doesn't.

Were I 26 yrs old and 225 lbs, I would still feel 80% as much of that blow as the 18 yr old, 165 lb version of me. Meanwhile, the NFL caliber version of Cordell (the dude that smoked me) is delivering 100% as much force. He's bigger, he's stronger, he's faster and he's !@#$ing meaner because this is his life.

And you just don't realize it from afar. The sights and sounds from up close are alarming. I lack the capacity for empathy so it's not something that's ever made me consider not being a fan anymore (DANCE FOR ME, CLOWNS!!!), but it was damn sure eye-opening.

Keyboard warriors can chug cock on this one. They're just absolutely wrong.

Yeah, I got rocked a few times by a dude from Marionville that went to set the sack record, I think, for the Mules at Warrensburg. My left tackle kept apologizing coming back to the huddle as I peeled myself off the ground.

"Sorry man, i'm trying to keep him off you" "Yeah, maybe try something different"?

The craziest athlete I remember playing was William Moore. I started as a freshman on a pretty good team at safety when he was at Hayti and a SR. Thought I had one lined up for a pick that I was gonna be pretty proud of, dude just went up, caught it and I somehow got him on the ground for a minimal YAC play. He took a slant 40 yards for a TD on the next play but I got a tackle so it's all good.

It's not even the big monster hits that people don't realize, it's the every play, lb on a fb or safety on a TE that looks normal on TV, but is a damn wreck.

PAChiefsGuy 08-29-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Sure they did.

I dont know how many times I have to say i dont have a problem w Luck retiring it is the timing of it that i have an issue w.

And it is easy for you to say 'Luck is doing the right thing,' but if you bought season tickets for the Chiefs and Mahomes retired at age 29 right before the season I seriously doubt you would come to his defense. So spare me your Andrew Luck retirement bullshit cause I'm not buying it. You just dont care cause he plays for a rival team.

O.city 08-29-2019 03:40 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">17 million dollar cap hit in 2019 for this play at left tackle?<br><br>Most expensive offensive lineman in the NFL. Unacceptable. <br><br>PS... Carl Lawson �� <a href="https://t.co/hoMf9OFngf">pic.twitter.com/hoMf9OFngf</a></p>&mdash; Ben Fennell (@BenFennell_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1167188529392312323?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I mean, look at this ****ing hit. That shit is nuts.

Tribal Warfare 08-30-2019 04:11 AM

Quote:

ROFL
LMAO

That asshole always fails forward

Hoopsdoc 08-30-2019 05:14 AM

Quote:

ROFL
LMAO

Chad Kelly will be the backup. They only need someone until his suspension is over.

-King- 08-30-2019 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14414401)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">17 million dollar cap hit in 2019 for this play at left tackle?<br><br>Most expensive offensive lineman in the NFL. Unacceptable. <br><br>PS... Carl Lawson �� <a href="https://t.co/hoMf9OFngf">pic.twitter.com/hoMf9OFngf</a></p>&mdash; Ben Fennell (@BenFennell_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1167188529392312323?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy shit!

chiefzilla1501 08-30-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14414401)

I was told qbs don't take enough hits for early retirement. They may not take as many hits as a running back. But these kind of blind side hits hurt worse and have to mess you up mentally.

Mr. Plow 08-30-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14414017)

BUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON MAN!11!1!1!!!

PAChiefsGuy 08-30-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 14415661)
BUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON MAN!11!1!1!!!

'Luck got hit a lot and the Colts didnt win the SB every season no wonder he retired man! Poor guy!!!!!'

RunKC 08-30-2019 10:21 AM

PA Chiefsguy, tuckdaddy or okcchiefs?

Which shit poster is the worst?

chinaski 08-30-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14415728)
'Luck got hit a lot and the Colts didnt win the SB every season no wonder he retired man! Poor guy!!!!!'

Did you ever actually play football?

staylor26 08-30-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14415733)

OKChiefs easily but PA has just been ridiculously dumb in this thread.

Marcellus 08-30-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

:hmmm:

ptlyon 08-30-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Don't make me choose

Megatron96 08-30-2019 03:56 PM

Okay, so now that all the angst over luck's retirement has been aired (most, anyway, I hope), I realized the other day that Mahomes won't have that foil or arch-nemesis, in his career now that Luck is gone.

I mean, Brady is gone in the next 2 to 3 years probably, Rivers also in two years max. After that, what QB/team in the AFC can be the guy that pushes Mahomes the way Luck and the Colts might have for the next 6-8 years?

ToxSocks 08-30-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14416338)
After that, what QB/team in the AFC can be the guy that pushes Mahomes the way Luck and the Colts might have for the next 6-8 years?

Watson and Mayfield are his natural rivals, even before Luck's retirement.

Megatron96 08-30-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14416340)
Watson and Mayfield are his natural rivals, even before Luck's retirement.

Possibly. Watson I have my doubts about, not about his ability, but more about the offense he's in; it just doesn't seem best suited to his strengths. Or maybe it has more to do with the play-calling, but the Texans seem like they're struggling even when they're winning.

Mayfield might end up being Mahomes' arch-rival, which I think could turn out great for the league in terms of dramatic playoff match-ups, but I was really thinking about QBs/teams with a bit more experience, kind of a goalpost for Mahomes to reach for in the early part of his career. Kind of like how Jordan had Isaiah Thomas and the Pistons to overcome before becoming the GOAT.

staylor26 08-30-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14416352)
Possibly. Watson I have my doubts about, not about his ability, but more about the offense he's in; it just doesn't seem best suited to his strengths. Or maybe it has more to do with the play-calling, but the Texans seem like they're struggling even when they're winning.

Mayfield might end up being Mahomes' arch-rival, which I think could turn out great for the league in terms of dramatic playoff match-ups, but I was really thinking about QBs/teams with a bit more experience, kind of a goalpost for Mahomes to reach for in the early part of his career. Kind of like how Jordan had Isaiah Thomas and the Pistons to overcome before becoming the GOAT.

Mahomes is the goalpost already.

notorious 08-30-2019 04:37 PM

Nate Solder was allowed to hold in NE.

Now that he can't he looks like shit. Go figure.

RunKC 09-01-2019 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
someone caption this

arrowheadnation 09-01-2019 07:24 PM

"Hail Hydra"

phisherman 09-01-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

It's a different level.

I'm pretty sure Tony Temple went to Rockhurst.

Tribal Warfare 09-02-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14419827)
"Hail Hydra"

Gary Shandling is going to rape somebody with an Angel's harp

smithandrew051 09-02-2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14419826)
someone caption this

Ight Imma head out (spongebob meme)

mililo4cpa 09-02-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14419826)
someone caption this

Pssst....Andrew...this is as good as it gets for you... better hang them up now while you’re “on top”...

chiefzilla1501 09-02-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14416352)

I would easily take Mayfield over Watson. He reminds me a lot of Flutie except mostly normal height and better arm strength. A slippery guy who looks to throw first over running.

Hoopsdoc 09-02-2019 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Luck took out a full page ad in yesterday’s Indianapolis Star. The guy is a class act.

SupDock 09-02-2019 06:58 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Her only request for Andrew: “Just stay on this team” <br><br>Luck responded with “I don’t think you have to worry about that” and a laugh <a href="https://t.co/24f2cwllAx">pic.twitter.com/24f2cwllAx</a></p>&mdash; Charon Vonberg (@CharonVonberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharonVonberg/status/1156229270932508673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jerryaldini 09-22-2023 05:40 PM

The war is over lol. On postgame as Captain Luck.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Andrew, how have you been?&quot;<br><br>Luck: &quot;Great. The war is over.&quot; ����<a href="https://t.co/ce5WvPO5zz">pic.twitter.com/ce5WvPO5zz</a> <a href="https://t.co/FYJV7Ekmy3">https://t.co/FYJV7Ekmy3</a></p>&mdash; Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1705075824154562811?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rain Man 09-22-2023 05:53 PM

That's pretty funny.

Hoopsdoc 09-22-2023 07:32 PM

That’s pretty awesome. LMAO

Bowser 09-22-2023 07:45 PM

Good for him LMAO

Eureka 09-22-2023 08:47 PM

The Jets keep calling....

bdj23 09-22-2023 09:28 PM

Solid to very solid

Tribal Warfare 09-22-2023 09:33 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dearest mother —<br>I hope my appearance on the magical, moving picture box filled you with joy. As you could see, my resolve has never been more robust. Squirrel oil and your peppered chipmunk feet have kept me sturdy. Life is splendid. Give the cows my best. I love you.<br>— Andrew <a href="https://t.co/8s8VW0xEBD">https://t.co/8s8VW0xEBD</a></p>&mdash; Capt. Andrew Luck (@CaptAndrewLuck) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/1705230999230288254?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445 09-22-2023 09:46 PM

Well played Luck.

jerryaldini 09-22-2023 10:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dearest mother —<br>Our victory frolicking has ceased. We must now begin our march to Kansas City to battle a unit of such great stature, every member has been granted the title of Chief. Our path has been long and winding, but I have never seen the men’s spirits higher.<br>— Andrew</p>&mdash; Capt. Andrew Luck (@CaptAndrewLuck) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/1081956478645227521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jerryaldini 09-22-2023 10:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dearest mother —<br>I have received your care package of braised pigeon shins and fresh Squirrel Oil. By way of Chief trickery, the unit lost a day’s travel after reaching Lawrence only to discover Kansas City is actually in Missouri. No bother. Our focus remains unfazed.<br>— Andrew</p>&mdash; Capt. Andrew Luck (@CaptAndrewLuck) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/1083011249674174465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jerryaldini 09-22-2023 10:38 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dearest mother —<br>It is with a heavy heart I inform you our campaign has ended. Our unit fell to the Chiefs on a snowy battlefield. While disappointed, I am extremely proud of all our accomplishments week after week, day after day, fight after fight. I shall see you soon.<br>— Andrew</p>&mdash; Capt. Andrew Luck (@CaptAndrewLuck) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/1084251324852559874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BWillie 09-22-2023 10:46 PM

I dont get it. What war? Why is he a captain? What does this have to do with the Colts

Eleazar 09-22-2023 10:48 PM

Why bump this ancient thread? This isn't an Andrew Luck megathread. This joke has nothing to do with his retirement. You see the thread and think "So what, he's unretiring?" and there's no actual news, just that he put on a silly costume. Just start a new thread?

ThyKingdomCome15 09-23-2023 03:52 AM

That dude is a DORK. Glad Mahomes ended him.

InChiefsHeaven 09-23-2023 05:12 AM

I don't get it...

crispystl 09-23-2023 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 17123855)
I don't get it...

Me either. It’s odd behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyy God 09-23-2023 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17123850)
That dude is a DORK. Glad Mahomes ended him.

It’s a terrible parody account….

BWillie 09-23-2023 11:22 AM

Whatta ****ing loser

Go quit something else

ThaVirus 09-23-2023 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 17123855)
I don't get it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 17123860)
Me either. It’s odd behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago, back when Luck was still playing, someone on Twitter got the idea to make weekly Tweets as if Luck himself were a Civil War era general. I suppose they did it because Luck is a goofy looking dude who actually does look like he could be from the time period.

Someone posted a couple examples. You can see it isn’t all that funny. It was just worth a couple chuckles here and there.

Fast forward to present day, Luck decided to run with it and showed up in the garb and leaning into it with his “the war is over” line.

Still not all that funny but I think it was a nice little payoff for anyone who remembered those old Tweets.

More than anything, I’m confused as to why he popped up at a Giants @ 49ers game lol totally out of nowhere

Marcellus 09-23-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17124574)
Years ago, back when Luck was still playing, someone on Twitter got the idea to make weekly Tweets as if Luck himself were a Civil War era general. I suppose they did it because Luck is a goofy looking dude who actually does look like he could be from the time period.

Someone posted a couple examples. You can see it isn’t all that funny. It was just worth a couple chuckles here and there.

Fast forward to present day, Luck decided to run with it and showed up in the garb and leaning into it with his “the war is over” line.

Still not all that funny but I think it was a nice little payoff for anyone who remembered those old Tweets.

More than anything, I’m confused as to why he popped up at a Giants @ 49ers game lol totally out of nowhere

In the grand scheme of things its ****ing hilarious if you know the background.

Someone started a Mahomes spoof of this for several years as well.

tredadda 09-23-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17124577)

The Mahomes one is awful and not even remotely funny in my opinion.

Otter 09-23-2023 06:51 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Y678pI9ry0?si=irhifXNxcdbKGtxe" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-23-2023 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17124577)

I loved General Luck. That was an amazing payoff.

Bwana 09-23-2023 10:39 PM

Luck is one strange dude, always has been.

Rainbarrel 09-24-2023 02:27 AM

More like Captain Crunched

Tylerthigpen!1! 09-24-2023 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17124581)

Lol ya, it feels like something Clay would do.

Eleazar 09-24-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17124581)

Yeah, that one was terrible. Not only a shameless ripoff of another fan base’s joke but not funny at all.

Hammock Parties 09-24-2023 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1! (Post 17124981)
Lol ya, it feels like something Clay would do.

**** off, it isn't me.