ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-29-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12802220)
Meets the Dorsey criteria.

Does he meet the Bob Sutton criteria though? He's gonna be a better zone guy in the NFL, just doesn't really have the quickness to play on an island in man coverage. I do like Douglas as a player, just not a great fit with our scheme.

RealSNR 03-29-2017 12:16 PM

BossChief needs to get out of my head. It's creepy that he can read my mind. Or my draft board. That's creepy, too

Pittsburgh selects Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU

Can somebody please PM the next owner?

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12802224)
Does he meet the Bob Sutton criteria though? He's gonna be a better zone guy in the NFL, just doesn't really have the quickness to play on an island in man coverage. I do like Douglas as a player, just not a great fit with our scheme.

No, he isn't a great fit but with his size and ball skills, throw in some good coaching from Emmitt Thomas and AL Harris and I think you have something.:)

Also, when I didn't take Douglas with the Ravens last pick I thought he might land here.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12802183)
In the 3rd round of the 2017 CP mock, The Kansas City Chiefs select Rasul Douglas, CB, WV he only ran a 4.58 40, but Peters ran a 4.53 and has done just fine. Kid lead college football with 8ints and has superb ball skills. Kinda reminds me of Browner. He's a big corner, too. 6'2" 210. 1 year guy, but very talented. Big press corner.

Fire away.

Yeah, not a fan of that one.

Too stiff, too slow. And frankly, the roster's now too full on DBs with the Williams pick.

There's a lot of talent on the board in positions we desperately need help right now. CB isn't one of them because frankly, if Mitchell isn't a true #2, Douglas isn't gonna step in and be that guy so we're boned next year either way. If Mitchell IS a #2, then with Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Murray, White and Gaines, not to mention Berry, Parker, Sorenson and now Williams....just too stacked in the defensive backfield. I'm not going to draft this kid so I can cut Gaines and still not have an inside linebacker, viable #2 TE or replacement for Albert Wilson.

I've been with Boss all the way to this point, but I don't like this pick at all.

The Franchise 03-29-2017 12:38 PM

Yeah...I think that was the perfect spot to go RB.

CleveSteve 03-29-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12802242)

Pm sent to crow

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12802254)

Too stiff, too slow. And frankly, the roster's now too full on DBs with the Williams pick.

There's a lot of talent on the board in positions we desperately need help right now. CB isn't one of them because frankly, if Mitchell isn't a true #2, Douglas isn't gonna step in and be that guy so we're boned next year either way. If Mitchell IS a #2, then with Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Murray, White and Gaines, not to mention Berry, Parker, Sorenson and now Williams....just too stacked in the defensive backfield. I'm not going to draft this kid so I can cut Gaines and still not have an inside linebacker, viable #2 TE or replacement for Albert Wilson.

I've been with Boss all the way to this point, but I don't like this pick at all.

All good points. Having a viable #2 TE would take this offense to another level. (Save the AS hate.)

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12802255)

RB is like Baskin Robbins right now. 31 different flavors on the board right now and none suck.

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12802242)
BossChief needs to get out of my head. It's creepy that he can read my mind. Or my draft board. That's creepy, too

Pittsburgh selects Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU

Well then quit looking at mine!:cuss:

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-29-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

If we were gonna take a Safety and not a CB, I would have picked Marcus Maye with the comp pick. He's my favorite Safety for the value in this draft. Again another reason i disliked the Marcus Williams pick earlier in a spot that could have done multiple other things. I think we need both a S and a CB, to replace Gaines and Parker. But we didn't have to spend those picks until later.

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12802273)
If we were gonna take a Safety and not a CB, I would have picked Marcus Maye with the comp pick. He's my favorite Safety for the value in this draft. Again another reason i disliked the Marcus Williams pick earlier in a spot that could have done multiple other things. I think we need both a S and a CB, to replace Gaines and Parker. But we didn't have to spend those picks until later.

No table talk.

staylor26 03-29-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

That would've been the perfect spot to pull the trigger on that WR I was talking about.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-29-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12802277)
No table talk.

I've no dog in this fight. :)

just a banner.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12802268)
RB is like Baskin Robbins right now. 31 different flavors on the board right now and none suck.

See, and I'm just not at the same place as most are with RBs in this draft.

As I've looked at them more, I've decided that it's mostly just a whole assload of C prospects. I'm not at all convinced that he can't get someone in the 5th that's as likely to succeed as the 'top' guy out there right now. I see a lot of guys that can run with power but lack burst. Or are explosive but lack leg drive.

In short, I don't see a bellcow left standing; just a lot of situational backs. Nothing that I'd go nuts over.

RealSNR 03-29-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

If Mitchell isn't a good #2, at least we have Keivarae Russell

TambaBerry 03-29-2017 01:33 PM

God damn I would love this draft. #nofatties

O.city 03-29-2017 01:34 PM

Should take McCaffrey early

kccrow 03-29-2017 01:34 PM

The Seattle Seahawks select Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt.

I'm not convinced the one-year Joeckel rental fixes anything. Get a RT to pair with Garcia at LT.

Can someone pm next for me. And I can't figure out how to bold on my phone....

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

The Franchise 03-29-2017 01:36 PM

Bolded and PM sent to Billay.

Titty Meat 03-29-2017 01:37 PM

The New York Jets Select: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

staylor26 03-29-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12802311)
The New York Jets Select: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

Billay your Jets draft would be A+ if you would've taken Chidobe instead of Peterman. Good job regardless though!

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 01:43 PM

49ers were strongly considering going with Jake there. Probably weren't ultimately going that route but he was high up on the board. The Jets aren't in the hunt for much this year so that's a nice pick for them.

Absolutely nothing exciting about that pick but he has Anthony Fasano written all over him. He'll be a solid possession TE who people assume is a good blocker (because he's white) though he really isn't. He'd be a hell of a solid #2 TE in KC had Boss not dicked up and taken another DB. !@#$ing Boss Reach...

Titty Meat 03-29-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12802317)
Billay your Jets draft would be A+ if you would've taken Chidobe instead of Peterman. Good job regardless though!

Thanks man. I actually like my Packers draft better lol.

Rain Man 03-29-2017 01:51 PM

Cleveland's celebrity draft picker enters the room, and a hush falls over the crowd. It's the legendary Sid Williams.

For those of you who don't know football history, Sid Williams is what every new Brown aspires to, sort of. He was a 16th round draft pick in 1964, and none of the later picks made the team. The Browns won the NFL championship that year thanks to Sid's efforts (along with Jim Brown and a few other guys), so Sid is the last Cleveland Browns draft pick to win a championship.

Titty Meat 03-29-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12802319)
49ers were strongly considering going with Jake there. Probably weren't ultimately going that route but he was high up on the board. The Jets aren't in the hunt for much this year so that's a nice pick for them.

Absolutely nothing exciting about that pick but he has Anthony Fasano written all over him. He'll be a solid possession TE who people assume is a good blocker (because he's white) though he really isn't. He'd be a hell of a solid #2 TE in KC had Boss not dicked up and taken another DB. !@#$ing Boss Reach...

Yeah solid TE at this point in the draft i'm pretty happy adding just solid guys. The Jets roster is an abortion. No way Bowles isn't fired after this year and it's not his fault.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-29-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12802323)

I'd swap your Packers draft for our Chiefs draft. Or am I being too harsh? (just pulling your leg, Boss) :D

Rain Man 03-29-2017 01:54 PM

Sid steps to the podium, and after a short discussion he tears up the card that says, "Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt". Another card is passed up.

With the 4-108 pick in the 2017 NFL Annual Player Selection Process, the Cleveland Browns select Samaje Perine, Running Back, Oklahoma.

staylor26 03-29-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12802323)

Yea that's a great draft. No complaints there.

Rain Man 03-29-2017 01:59 PM

Cleveland's current running backs are promising but unproven, so we're going to manage our risk by getting a strong, pounding running back into the mix.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-29-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12802332)
Cleveland's current running backs are promising but unproven, so we're going to manage our risk by getting a strong, pounding running back into the mix.

Do you LARP?

CleveSteve 03-29-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12802329)
Sid steps to the podium, and after a short discussion he tears up the card that says, "Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt". Another card is passed up.

With the 4-108 pick in the 2017 NFL Annual Player Selection Process, the Cleveland Browns select Samaje Perine, Running Back, Oklahoma.

Pflugerville 's Own

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 02:03 PM

With the 49ers recent decision to switch to a 4-3, this is a bit more of an iffy pick but my worry in Denver was that this guy lacks the explosion to be an every down 3-4 OLB. Not sure if he has the length for the 4-3 DE spot but he might and the tools to be an effective pass rusher are there. He'll need to play with a big motor and develop his moves a bit and if he does, I can see a Tamba Hali as an end kind of performance from him.

The 49ers select Tarell Basham, DE/OLB - Ohio

Should be stout against the run if nothing else with the ability to chip in 6+ sacks in a lot of years.

Coogs 03-29-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12802319)

How is his knee injury from the Bowl game progressing? Will he be able to play this season?

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 12802338)
How is his knee injury from the Bowl game progressing? Will he be able to play this season?

No news is good news, IMO and that's about what we've gotten on that front.

I suspect he'll open the season on the PUP; maybe transferred to the IR with a chance to play late in the year. I don't know that it matters for a lot of teams in that they don't need much from him this year - they're just not playing for anything.

But if they can get him on the field for 4-5 games to get used to the speed/power of the game, it couldn't hurt heading into next season.

Coogs 03-29-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12802340)
No news is good news, IMO and that's about what we've gotten on that front.

I suspect he'll open the season on the PUP; maybe transferred to the IR with a chance to play late in the year. I don't know that it matters for a lot of teams in that they don't need much from him this year - they're just not playing for anything.

But if they can get him on the field for 4-5 games to get used to the speed/power of the game, it couldn't hurt heading into next season.

I hadn't heard anything either. Thought maybe you might have. Thanks! :toast:

Hoover 03-29-2017 03:05 PM

That came around kinda fast!

With the 110th pick in the NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

chiefscafan 03-29-2017 03:15 PM

Never can have too many pass rushers if it wasn't for off the field activity would have gone higher.

The Chicago Bears select Devonte Fields, DE/OLB, Louisville

chiefscafan 03-29-2017 03:18 PM

Pm sent

Hoover 03-29-2017 03:21 PM

This draft is insane.

I hope Dorsey goes all defense.

O.city 03-29-2017 03:27 PM

The Rams need offense in a bad way, specifically ol. But I'm making an o.city pick here. I thi k this dude is sleeperish, probably a round early.

Trey Hendrickson FAU

O.city 03-29-2017 03:28 PM

Someone pm the next guy for me

Rain Man 03-29-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12802394)
This draft is insane.

You don't like Cleveland's Myles Garrett pick?

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12802394)
This draft is insane.

It really is.

I loved Boss's Tim Williams pick but 50 picks later the 49ers still have a guy on their board that has equal NFL potential to him with Basham (IMO). I thought the 49ers Lattimore pick was completely defensible at #2 overall but then 50 picks later a similar guy in Quincy Wilson goes off the board.

I love Zach Cunningham but I think there's a guy that's just a tick behind him still on the board (the guy that Boss really should've picked with his comp, but I digress).

This draft is just absurdly deep and I don't see a ton separating them. It's a scouts draft, to be sure. If you have an outstanding scouting department and a little bit of luck, you could wreck this draft.

chiefscafan 03-29-2017 03:54 PM

That is who I was deciding between good pick o city

The Franchise 03-29-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12802395)
The Rams need offense in a bad way, specifically ol. But I'm making an o.city pick here. I thi k this dude is sleeperish, probably a round early.

Trey Hendrickson FAU

Does he have a position?

Rain Man 03-29-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12802412)
Does he have a position?

He supports the Affordable Care Act and is against terrorism.

Hoover 03-29-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12802421)
He supports the Affordable Care Act and is against terrorism.

Nobody supports the Affordable Care Act you idiot.

:)

BossChief 03-29-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12802255)

I didn't see the upside in any of the RBs that are available for the draft value of a third round pick.

KC has contracts coming up for Gaines and then Nelson, so trying to get a corner with high upside this year was something I went into the draft knowing was a need.

I guess getting the guy that lead the NCAA in interceptions and has the size the scheme demands was a nice option and one I ended up going with.

No regrets.

6 more picks to go for KC.

Rain Man 03-29-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12802426)
Nobody supports the Affordable Care Act you idiot.

:)

I think it covers pre-existing concussion conditions.

Rain Man 03-29-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12802466)
I didn't see the upside in any of the RBs that are available for the draft value of a third round pick.

KC has contracts coming up for Gaines and then Nelson, so trying to get a corner with high upside this year was something I went into the draft knowing was a need.

I guess getting the guy that lead the NCAA in interceptions and has the size the scheme demands was a nice option and one I ended up going with.

No regrets.

6 more picks to go for KC.

Cleveland saw Samaje Perine's biceps at the combine and figured he was worth at least a fourth.

kccrow 03-29-2017 06:33 PM

The Los Angeles Chargers select Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida

Direckshun 03-29-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12802476)
I think it covers pre-existing concussion conditions.

ROFL

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 06:55 PM

The Washington Redskins select Damontae Kazee, CB, SDSU.

CleveSteve 03-29-2017 07:00 PM

With the 115th pick in the 2017 CP Mock Draft,

The Carolina Panthers select Raaaaayyyyyshaaaaaaawwwwnnn Jeeenkiiiiinnnnnnns!, Safety, Miami

https://cmgpbpcaneswatch.files.wordp...nkins-1000.jpg

Safety is seen as a huge hole in the Panthers defense, and in Jenkins they get a high energy, hard-hitting combo safety from the U. He struggled with injuries in his college career but is a big solid guy who is always around the ball and makes an impact on the game. His SS playing style from the FS position will complement former FS Kurt Coleman who was moved to a less familiar SS role with Carolina last year.

Rain Man 03-29-2017 07:08 PM

Oh, my god. He just ran in and drafted him.

TambaBerry 03-29-2017 07:46 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals select Charles Walker DT Oklahoma

If he didn't get that concussion this guy would be a lot higher then he is. With that said it is a major risk to take but he has huge upside and is a disruptive force in the inside.

BossChief 03-29-2017 10:51 PM

Got home after a long day and flipped on NFLN for backround noise while I read for a bit. They just got done going through the Seahawks and both Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both agreed that Rasul Douglas would be a great pick for them in the second round.

From everything I've read, he's a better fit in our defense.

I know some of you don't respect the site (I often disagree with them, too) but PFF ranks Rasul Douglas as the 63rd best player in the whole draft.

Walter had him as the 78th best player in the draft.

The guy lead all of college football in interceptions.

I'm sorry some of you didn't like the pick, but I think it would be a great one with a comp third...with how Dorsey likes to draft corners in the third round (Nelson, Gaines) it's possible he ends up a Chief.

Give this kid to Emmitt Thomas and Al Harris to continue to develop his ball skills and technique and he could develop into a difference making starter.

kccrow 03-30-2017 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12802921)
Got home after a long day and flipped on NFLN for backround noise while I read for a bit. They just got done going through the Seahawks and both Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both agreed that Rasul Douglas would be a great pick for them in the second round.

From everything I've read, he's a better fit in our defense.

I know some of you don't respect the site (I often disagree with them, too) but PFF ranks Rasul Douglas as the 63rd best player in the whole draft.

Walter had him as the 78th best player in the draft.

The guy lead all of college football in interceptions.

I'm sorry some of you didn't like the pick, but I think it would be a great one with a comp third...with how Dorsey likes to draft corners in the third round (Nelson, Gaines) it's possible he ends up a Chief.

Give this kid to Emmitt Thomas and Al Harris to continue to develop his ball skills and technique and he could develop into a difference making starter.

Of course he's a good fit in Seattle, they play Cover 3 Zone. I still think he'd struggle in man.

BossChief 03-30-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12802988)
Of course he's a good fit in Seattle, they play Cover 3 Zone. I still think he'd struggle in man.

From rotoworld:

Though NFL scouts rated West Virginia CB Rasul Douglas as a UDFA coming into the season, according to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, the analyst believes Douglas "could end up as a third-round pick."
"The fact that Douglas measured 6-foot-2 and 204 pounds during Senior Bowl weigh-ins only makes him more attractive to NFL teams," Pauline wrote. "I feel he’s one of the better bump-and-run corners in the draft but will struggle in any system that asks him to play backed off the line of scrimmage." Last season, his first as a starter, Douglas was a Walter Camp All-American after leading the nation with eight interceptions.
Source: Draft Analyst Feb 20 - 4:58 PM

BossChief 03-30-2017 07:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8noA7xQJ0E&sns=em

Go watch that video and tell me who it reminds you of...

CleveSteve 03-30-2017 07:24 AM

Well Boss, looks like cafan's clock is going to expire, so you'll be up for Philly

chiefscafan 03-30-2017 07:42 AM

sorry mine came at a weird time when I was a sleep

CleveSteve 03-30-2017 07:46 AM

Hey, just under the wire! Get that pick in before Boss scoops you!

chiefscafan 03-30-2017 07:49 AM

The Chicago Bears select, Issiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech

Sfeihc 03-30-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12803054)
sorry mine came at a weird time when I was a sleep

You sleep for 12 hours, Count Reachalot?:)

chiefscafan 03-30-2017 07:53 AM

forgot I had a second pick went to sleep after work just woke up

chiefscafan 03-30-2017 07:54 AM

i looked up at the board had to frantically search for some one wont happen again

Sfeihc 03-30-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12803068)
forgot I had a second pick went to sleep after work just woke up

This pick better be a good one since you're well rested.:)

RealSNR 03-30-2017 08:20 AM

OP updated

CleveSteve 03-30-2017 08:24 AM

Thanks SNR. Hendrickson would play OLB in Rams new 3-4. No comment on whether or not O.City sucks.

RealSNR 03-30-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12803102)
Thanks SNR. Hendrickson would play OLB in Rams new 3-4. No comment on whether or not O.City sucks.

I'm not changing that until O.City takes responsibility and tells me himself.

Geez, I feel like I'm back to teaching high school

O.city 03-30-2017 09:52 AM

Jeez, olb.

DJ's left nut 03-30-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12803172)
Jeez, olb.

Chill with the rancor, dick.

Man's just trying to do his job here and some haughty asswipe's making it hard for him.

The Franchise 03-30-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12803172)
Jeez, olb.

Follow the rules, you condescending prick.

Sfeihc 03-30-2017 09:59 AM

Ozzie just sent me a communique stating that it doesn't matter what the next four teams do the Ravens will be selecting their 5th stud from this draft.

CleveSteve 03-30-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12803182)
Ozzie just sent me a communique stating that it doesn't matter what the next four teams do the Ravens will be selecting their 5th stud from this draft.

OK, when are they going to draft their 3rd and 4th one?

Rain Man 03-30-2017 10:12 AM

New England will go ahead and make our next pick now, because we don't care about what the rest of the league wants.

The Franchise 03-30-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12803198)
OK, when are they going to draft their 3rd and 4th one?

They haven't even drafted their 1st. Give them time.

Sfeihc 03-30-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12803218)
They haven't even drafted their 1st. Give them time.

Watch and learn. :D

Sfeihc 03-30-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12803199)
New England will go ahead and make our next pick now, because we don't care about what the rest of the league wants.

This is beautiful.