ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Rockstar Teasing New Red Dead Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302903)

ThaVirus 07-06-2020 09:08 PM

Finally got that rat bastard Micah.

Great game. Great ****ing game.

Fish 07-06-2020 09:21 PM

This thread has been around a while, not sure if it's been mentioned. But the music/sound track was pretty incredible for this game. Not anything close to a country music fan, but the music just worked really well. They did such a good job of making it fun to just hang out in the game without actively giving any direct input. Like the party scenes getting drunk, the songs around the campfire, songs while you're moving camp, etc. It just worked so well..

007 11-29-2020 09:32 AM

Just got this. Seems great but some of the tedious tasks seem unnecessary. Having to always pull a weapon off your horse and switching to lasso while riding. I really hate that. It's easy to get side tracked as well.

ThaVirus 11-30-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 15356046)
Just got this. Seems great but some of the tedious tasks seem unnecessary. Having to always pull a weapon off your horse and switching to lasso while riding. I really hate that. It's easy to get side tracked as well.

I felt much the same in the beginning:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14876496)
I will say is I forgot how annoying it is for someone as compulsive as I am to have to stop and loot every body you come across. Also, having to keep up with health, health core, stamina, stamina core, dead eye, dead eye core, horse health, horse health core, horse stamina and horse stamina core is already working my nerves.

But it gets better:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14889753)
I'll admit that I was annoyed af with some of the realism at first but now that I've put a handful of hours in I'm finding it to be pretty simple to keep track of my cores, clothing changes, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15055003)
Great game. Great ****ing game.

Eventually all of that realistic stuff just becomes second nature. Totally worth it.

007 11-30-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15361068)
I felt much the same in the beginning:

But it gets better:

Eventually all of that realistic stuff just becomes second nature. Totally worth it.

If I can ever rope this sob running out of town

Fish 11-30-2020 09:52 AM

Yeah, the worst is when you get quickly prompted into accepting a mission and realize you forgot to go to your horse and equip your rifles. Now you're off driving a damn wagon to a big gunfight with nothing but your pistols...

Mecca 11-30-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15361097)
Yeah, the worst is when you get quickly prompted into accepting a mission and realize you forgot to go to your horse and equip your rifles. Now you're off driving a damn wagon to a big gunfight with nothing but your pistols...

If you have the Volcano's it's not horrible.

Fish 11-30-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15361100)
If you have the Volcano's it's not horrible.

Compared to the Lancaster repeater with short scope? Yeah, it's horrible. I can murder fools at triple the rate with the rifle...

Bill Brasky 12-01-2020 02:48 PM

This game was a very slow burn for me at the beginning. I hated how long it took to do anything. I ended up putting it down for 6 months and then came back to it with some guides.

I got the arabian horse immediately, grinded out the legend of the East Satchel, did a few treasure hunts to get a couple thousand bucks, bought the best saddle and stirrups I could buy, grinded my dead eye bar to level 8, unlocked fast travel from the camp upgrades, and stocked up on thyme big game meat.

All that probably took 30-35 hours, but at least I can have fun playing the damn game now. Unlimited horse stamina and dead eye are a game changer.

CasselGotPeedOn 12-01-2020 02:53 PM

Rockstar just ruined Red Dead Online. Took away the daily challenge steaks, reduced the amount of gold for daily challenges, made a new "prestigious" bounty hunter license that you have to pay 15 gold for, and a bunch of other bullshit. **** Rockstar.

007 12-01-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 15364088)
This game was a very slow burn for me at the beginning. I hated how long it took to do anything. I ended up putting it down for 6 months and then came back to it with some guides.

I got the arabian horse immediately, grinded out the legend of the East Satchel, did a few treasure hunts to get a couple thousand bucks, bought the best saddle and stirrups I could buy, grinded my dead eye bar to level 8, unlocked fast travel from the camp upgrades, and stocked up on thyme big game meat.

All that probably took 30-35 hours, but at least I can have fun playing the damn game now. Unlimited horse stamina and dead eye are a game changer.

I'm gonna go do this now. Where is that guide you used.

comochiefsfan 12-01-2020 07:34 PM

I can't believe it's been two years since this game came out.

I remember the day it was announced and it felt like it would never come out.

Definitely one of if not the best game i've ever played.

comochiefsfan 12-01-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15055018)
This thread has been around a while, not sure if it's been mentioned. But the music/sound track was pretty incredible for this game. Not anything close to a country music fan, but the music just worked really well. They did such a good job of making it fun to just hang out in the game without actively giving any direct input. Like the party scenes getting drunk, the songs around the campfire, songs while you're moving camp, etc. It just worked so well..

You should check out the soundtrack for the first game if you haven't already. For as great as the second game's soundtrack is I think that the first has a significantly better one.

007 12-01-2020 07:47 PM

Where is that damn horse. I've walked all around that lake

Sassy Squatch 12-02-2020 05:36 AM

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki...anLocation.jpg

I always seemed to find in in the southern part of the circle.

007 12-02-2020 06:22 AM

I know the where. I don't know why it's not there at all for me. Is this a random spawn or do I need to do something else before it spawns?

Sassy Squatch 12-02-2020 06:24 AM

Just a random spawn. Should be available as soon as chapter two starts.

Rasputin 12-02-2020 06:37 AM

I know it will be a while before I can get my hands on a PS5 but damn RD would be cool as **** I think.

KC_Lee 12-02-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 15365052)
I know the where. I don't know why it's not there at all for me. Is this a random spawn or do I need to do something else before it spawns?

Are you walking up to that area or riding a horse into that area? You have to walk, not riding your horse, into that area to find the white Arabian. If you ride up you'll spook the horse and it will disappear.

ThaVirus 12-02-2020 08:24 AM

I didn't get the White Arabian until I had completed the main storyline. It would have been nice to have sooner, for sure.

I guess I was just unlucky or only happened upon wild horses in particular areas because the only ones I ever saw were Tennessee Walkers and Kentucky Saddlers, which aren't worth the effort to tame. I had no idea there were other, better horses you can find in the wild.

Bill Brasky 12-02-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15364104)
Rockstar just ruined Red Dead Online. Took away the daily challenge steaks, reduced the amount of gold for daily challenges, made a new "prestigious" bounty hunter license that you have to pay 15 gold for, and a bunch of other bullshit. **** Rockstar.

I heard RD Online was pretty bad to begin with and now they've made it worse? Yikes.

007 12-02-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 15365108)
Are you walking up to that area or riding a horse into that area? You have to walk, not riding your horse, into that area to find the white Arabian. If you ride up you'll spook the horse and it will disappear.

ok. So how far out do I need to leave my horse.

Sassy Squatch 12-02-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 15365588)
I heard RD Online was pretty bad to begin with and now they've made it worse? Yikes.

Yeah. They had players dressing up as clowns in protest because of how stagnant it got LMAO.

Fish 12-02-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 15365697)
ok. So how far out do I need to leave my horse.

I don't think there's a specific distance. You just have to be walking, and walking slowly. Once in range, continuously hit the "Calm Horse" button when you see the horse getting scared. Before you approach, make sure your stamina is full. Once you mount the horse, it will buck for a bit which will drain your stamina.

KC_Lee 12-02-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15365788)
I don't think there's a specific distance. You just have to be walking, and walking slowly. Once in range, continuously hit the "Calm Horse" button when you see the horse getting scared. Before you approach, make sure your stamina is full. Once you mount the horse, it will buck for a bit which will drain your stamina.

I second what Fish stated but will add that when you dismount your horse give it the Stay command when you go to look for the Arabian.

007 12-02-2020 07:15 PM

Rockstar Teasing New Red Dead Game

Have up on the horse. Went back to town and accidentally stole a horse. Became wanted. Restarted the game. Not sure I'm likimg this right now.

Wish I hadn't spent the money on it

CasselGotPeedOn 12-03-2020 08:01 AM

Sounds like Pong might be a little more your speed...

KC_Lee 12-03-2020 08:09 AM

Here's a nice little map that shows most, if not all, of the cool items, animals, town, POI, etc. in RDR2. Spoilers are in the map so proceed with caution.

https://www.ign.com/maps/red-dead-redemption-2/world

007 12-03-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15367802)
Sounds like Pong might be a little more your speed...

Nah. I hated that game. LMAO

I'm just too green for the game right now. I've never played a game this meticulous before.

CasselGotPeedOn 12-03-2020 11:26 AM

You'll get the hang of it. It's a masterpiece of a game.

Sassy Squatch 12-03-2020 11:32 AM

Learn to use deadeye early and often.

007 12-03-2020 08:46 PM

Damn that bear mauled the shit out of me

kjwood75nro 12-07-2020 09:20 PM

Played through the storyline for a third time.

This time, grinded my way to 100% completion, all challenges, as well as all offline achievements.

Visiting all graves wasn't bad, but had to cheat to find them all. Getting 100% study/skin animals is an achievement I'd rather not endure again, and it was a slog to voluntarily get mauled by a grizzly bear 18 times.

But **** the hunting requests and squirrel statue achievement. And **** Algernon Wasp and his sissy orchids and plumes.

Thankfully, Rockstar updated the game so that replaying missions for gold medals is much more fair. Previously, it would nerf your horse and deadeye, making mission objectives nearly impossible. Now, it credits you with your current horse and earned core levels.

KC_Lee 12-08-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 15381287)

This time, grinded my way to 100% completion, all challenges, as well as all offline achievements.

Visiting all graves wasn't bad, but had to cheat to find them all. Getting 100% study/skin animals is an achievement I'd rather not endure again, and it was a slog to voluntarily get mauled by a grizzly bear 18 times.

But **** the hunting requests and squirrel statue achievement. And **** Algernon Wasp and his sissy orchids and plumes.

Thankfully, Rockstar updated the game so that replaying missions for gold medals is much more fair. Previously, it would nerf your horse and deadeye, making mission objectives nearly impossible. Now, it credits you with your current horse and earned core levels.

Congrats on the 100%.

Did you go to Arthur's grave as John after hitting 100% completion?

kjwood75nro 12-08-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 15381720)
Congrats on the 100%.

Did you go to Arthur's grave as John after hitting 100% completion?

Once I hit 100%, a cutscene automatically played where John visits Arthur's grave.

KC_Lee 12-08-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 15381848)
Once I hit 100%, a cutscene automatically played where John visits Arthur's grave.

Cool. I saw a vid with that and it wasn't clear if it was a cut scene or an event that has to be triggered by visiting the grave.

Again congrats, trying to 100% it myself but have been on an RDR2 hiatus for a bit. Might just have to get back in the saddle...so to speak.

007 12-08-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 15381848)

Welp. Guess i can quit now. LMAO

eDave 12-08-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 15381287)

<iframe width="420" height="420" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SIzOaPc-_mE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill Brasky 12-08-2020 12:34 PM

The Epilogue in this game is a slog. After being a powerful gunslinger, doing chores on the farm as John is so boring. Plus I have so many other fun games to play.

ThaVirus 12-08-2020 01:06 PM

Yeah, the epilogue was the weakest part of the game
Spoiler!

It was pretty special if you played the original RDR though.

ThaVirus 12-08-2020 01:09 PM

I salute anyone who's 100% this one. I'm typically the type to finish the main storyline then never touch a game again. I finished the main storyline and the epilogue and have since probably put in 10 more hours in the game. I love it and it's a rare breed, but I wouldn't even try to 100% based on the challenges alone. Collecting all of the herbs and stupid shit like that really pisses me off.

This game is definitely worth it to continue to play for all of the scripted content you can find. Like, I had completely finished the main storyline and epilogue before I ever encountered those creepy ass zombie people in the Lemoyne swamps.

lcarus 12-08-2020 11:03 PM

It's a real shame Rockstar has gone so far downhill. I'd love new content for Red Dead 2. A new Undead Nightmare would be great. I was hoping for them to add Nuevo Paraiso to the map in a story DLC. But that would take effort and why do that when you can just get billions from the morons buying Shark Cards and gold bars for the shitty online game. And they're making GTA 5 for PS5....a game that came out on PS3. How about make something new ya lazy pricks.

KC_Lee 12-09-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15383963)
It's a real shame Rockstar has gone so far downhill. I'd love new content for Red Dead 2. A new Undead Nightmare would be great. I was hoping for them to add Nuevo Paraiso to the map in a story DLC. But that would take effort and why do that when you can just get billions from the morons buying Shark Cards and gold bars for the shitty online game. And they're making GTA 5 for PS5....a game that came out on PS3. How about make something new ya lazy pricks.

This is a good video about the "death" of Rockstar or at least the old / original Rockstar.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jAzgzlSNcnA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill Brasky 12-11-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15382335)
I salute anyone who's 100% this one. I'm typically the type to finish the main storyline then never touch a game again. I finished the main storyline and the epilogue and have since probably put in 10 more hours in the game. I love it and it's a rare breed, but I wouldn't even try to 100% based on the challenges alone. Collecting all of the herbs and stupid shit like that really pisses me off.

This game is definitely worth it to continue to play for all of the scripted content you can find. Like, I had completely finished the main storyline and epilogue before I ever encountered those creepy ass zombie people in the Lemoyne swamps.

And that's not even a hard challenge if you do it while you're playing the game. The challenges are meant to be completed as side quests to the main story. Trying to railroad the challenges after the main game sounds awful.

Bill Brasky 12-11-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15383963)

FYI it's the publisher Take Two that prevents Rockstar from expanding the single player. Shark Cards are easier to sell than DLC.

ThaVirus 12-11-2020 01:30 PM

Rockstar Teasing New Red Dead Game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 15388618)
And that's not even a hard challenge if you do it while you're playing the game. The challenges are meant to be completed as side quests to the main story. Trying to railroad the challenges after the main game sounds awful.

Most of them do require you to do a hell of a lot of going out of the way, though.

Like, I remember one was having to tomahawk three birds of prey lol I ended up getting that one by remembering specific spawn locations for eagles and hawks so I could sneak up on them while they were perched. Another shitty one was having to craft and use 5 special miracle tonics. You need three different herbs to craft it and you can only carry enough of each to make one at a time. Of course, they’re all found in completely different locations so you kinda have to start that one early or make it a point to go hunting for these specific herbs.

htismaqe 12-11-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15382335)

I 100% every game I play. I'm kind of picky about what games I play. :D