ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW (new)^3 conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285386)

TribalElder 09-14-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10909335)
Duke paid KU back good for the basketball beatdown at the Champion's Classic.

Also revenge for the blasting Kansas gave Duke the last time they played football.

Eventually Duke had to win one of these games against KU.

That being said I'm a bit surprised Weis was let back on the plane. Getting the sense we're going to see a Lane Kiffin type scenario this year...

Cholly wants to hang around long enough to get his basketball tickets this year. He is a true KU fan ROFL

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...6f48523261b548
"Thanks for the free tickets for the basketball games. People said the football fans were dumb and i wouldn't have to do much of anything to earn my millions here"

http://cdn1.tauntr.com/sites/default...cktoschool.jpg

Prison Bitch 09-14-2014 10:17 AM

If Beaker football didn't exist, the Mizzou football coach would have nothing to talk about

TribalElder 09-14-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10909423)
If Beaker football didn't exist, the Mizzou football coach would have nothing to talk about

Everyone has to laugh at something. Why not KU

Prison Bitch 09-14-2014 10:21 AM

He's obsessed with resuming the series. Just to correct your statement.

Bowser 09-14-2014 10:23 AM

Ok, I'll be the first to reach across the aisle -

KU doesn't deserve this, and I say that being someone that loves to see KU fail. Kansas has reached their fail quota in football, it's time to take things seriously in Lawrence again and build up a team that is worthy to heckle. Piling on the Jayhawks just isn't fun right now due to the general quantity of suck that team produces. Get that team going again so we can lob bombs at a rival (even it is from a distance).

Quite frankly, no college deserves a football team this bad.

Bowser 09-14-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10909445)

He's not wrong, and even you know it. It's a great college football atmosphere - rivals in the truest sense. Who would be against a game like that?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-14-2014 10:25 AM

So nice having a winning football team every year and now proving it in the best conference in the land.

TribalElder 09-14-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10909456)

KU doesn't deserve this, and I say that being someone that loves to see KU fail. Kansas has reached their fail quota in football, it's time to take things seriously in Lawrence again and build up a team that is worthy to heckle. Piling on the Jayhawks just isn't fun right now due to the general quantity of suck that team produces. Get that team going again so we can lob bombs at a rival (even it is from a distance).

They could abandon football :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni 09-14-2014 10:28 AM

They are perfectly suited for the Missouri Valley Conference anyway. May as well abandon ship on that garbage football program. Proof positive that no one gives a **** about a fluke BCS win.

Bambi 09-14-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10909456)

Eh, every KU has experienced plenty of winning in the past. The football program will be rebuilt as soon as Weis is sent packing… and based off yesterday that's going to be sooner than most thought.

Cal, Auburn, Arkansas, etc all teams that have recently been terrible and are looking to get out of it. I admit it's tough when the school's focus is elite basketball but it's going to be fun to watch someone who actually knows what they're doing build up the football side of things. It's been done before, it can be done again.

Sully 09-14-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Why do you lie so much?

Prison Bitch 09-14-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10909462)
He's not wrong, and even you know it. It's a great college football atmosphere - rivals in the truest sense. Who would be against a game like that?

Alden & Deaton were. They moved leagues. We've been over this a thousand times.

Bowser 09-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10909748)
Alden & Deaton were. They moved leagues. We've been over this a thousand times.

Cop out. Nothing is stopping the two schools from playing each other outside the butthurt from Kansas. If Iowa and Iowa State can make room for each other every year, so can MU and KU.

If, and it's a big if, Kansas ever becomes more than respectable in football again, THEN we'll see Kansas say "Sure, we'll play you guys again." Not before, though.

Prison Bitch 09-14-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10909501)
I admit it's tough when the school's focus is elite basketball but .

There's only about 10 powerhouse football programs in the country, then another 15 very good ones. The other 100 D1 schools are trying to get into that second tier once in a while but it's never sustainable. (Same thing we see in basketball). Kansas or Kentucky or Oregon State or the other 80 schools could theoretically *try* and win but it's a long term losing proposition.

KSU will be in the same boat very shortly. And if I was a bettor, I'd be shorting Mizzou to even go .500 after Pinkel leaves.

Bambi 09-14-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10909761)
There's only about 10 powerhouse football programs in the country, then another 15 very good ones. The other 100 D1 schools are trying to get into that second tier once in a while but it's never sustainable. (Same thing we see in basketball). Kansas or Kentucky or Oregon State or the other 80 schools could theoretically *try* and win but it's a long term losing proposition.

KSU will be in the same boat very shortly. And if I was a bettor, I'd be shorting Mizzou to even go .500 after Pinkel leaves.

Luckily for KU all the realignment fanboys have made this conf vs conf. The Big 12 went 1-1 against the mighty SEC this week and Baylor looks like they might just runaway with the National Championship.

And of course there will be the offseason coaching moves which will surely include Kansas come this December. Just in time to put on another top 5 basketball team.

Suppose things could be worse.

KChiefs1 09-14-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10908797)
"The Jayhawks didn't advance farther than the Duke 17 and lost their 25th straight road game.

This was the 15th in that stretch by at least 20 points."

Yeouch

Lawrence police reported a crowd estimated at 14,000 to 16,000 that had gathered at allen fieldhouse Saturday afternoon turned ugly & riotous when they learned the Duke University vs. kansas university athletic contest scheduled for that day was a football game and not a basketball game.

KChiefs1 09-14-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

It would only hurt our SOS at this point. As much as I hate facing the Indiana's & Purdone's of the world they are light years ahead of ku.

Prison Bitch 09-14-2014 02:58 PM

The ultimate Mizzouchebag:

http://cjonline.com/sites/default/fi...o/10969574.jpg

Sassy Squatch 09-14-2014 03:53 PM

:( god that was perfect.

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10909788)
Luckily for KU all the realignment fanboys have made this conf vs conf. The Big 12 went 1-1 against the mighty SEC this week and Baylor looks like they might just runaway with the National Championship.

And of course there will be the offseason coaching moves which will surely include Kansas come this December. Just in time to put on another top 5 basketball team.

This is literally a conference thread; what did you expect to be the focus?

I don't blame you, though, for perpetually focussing on basketball, although it does feel a bit early.

Saulbadguy 09-14-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10909788)

No.

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2014 06:06 PM

SEC has EIGHT teams in the Top 20 (in both polls). Must be a down year.

|Zach| 09-14-2014 06:27 PM

These threads are so weird.

Bambi 09-14-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10911155)

Just when Mizzou gets on top…

:LOL:

Eleazar 09-14-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10914615)
SEC has EIGHT teams in the Top 20 (in both polls). Must be a down year.

7 in the top 15

Saul Good 09-14-2014 08:26 PM

The original Big 12 has 4, 6, 7, 18, 20, 24, & 25.

RustShack 09-14-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10908275)
Iowa state is a dumpster fire. When do clone fans realize how overrated Rhoads is?

You're an idiot. They had a bunch of injurys, inexperience, and bad coaching on offense, that's why they had a down year last year. They started off slow this year because it's an entirely new coaching staff on offense, and a super young defense with little to no experience. CPR is the best thing to happen to Iowa State football, even if he screwed up promoting an OC he shouldn't have. But he made up for it firing him and hiring Mangino.

Eleazar 09-14-2014 08:29 PM

Right on cue LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10915396)
You're an idiot. They had a bunch of injurys, inexperience, and bad coaching on offense, that's why they had a down year last year. They started off slow this year because it's an entirely new coaching staff on offense, and a super young defense with little to no experience. CPR is the best thing to happen to Iowa State football, even if he screwed up promoting an OC he shouldn't have. But he made up for it firing him and hiring Mangino.

You've lost to K-State and a I-AA team. Would you be saying the same thing if you had lost that slap fight with iowa?

RustShack 09-14-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10915473)
You've lost to K-State and a I-AA team. Would you be saying the same thing if you had lost that slap fight with iowa?

NDSU isn't just your typical FCS school, and yeah we barely lost to a ranked team that could probably win that slap dick conference you're in, easily your pathetic division and would go undefeated with your sad excuse of a schedule.

We'll just get better as the year progresses and the players continue to learn the offense and get more experience on defense.

Prison Bitch 09-14-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10915267)
Just when Mizzou gets on top…

:LOL:

The Crow is a complete embarrassment to that school . Wait, that sounds funny to say.

Bambi did you see Gary Woodland at the Tour Championship today? T-9 (with Sergio Garcia & Adam Scott). Only 30 players made the final tournament. Hopefully we bring him back to AFH for a pre-game tip this year.

TribalElder 09-14-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10915563)
The Crow is a complete embarrassment to that school . Wait, that sounds funny to say.

Bambi did you see Gary Woodland at the Tour Championship today? T-9 (with Sergio Garcia & Adam Scott). Only 30 players made the final tournament. Hopefully we bring him back to AFH for a pre-game tip this year.

Saturday Cholly will get the tip and the shaft

Bambi 09-14-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

No but I should have. It was getting annoying watching former Jayhawks beat the Chiefs again.

kchero 09-14-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10915532)
NDSU isn't just your typical FCS school, and yeah we barely lost to a ranked team that could probably win that slap dick conference you're in, easily your pathetic division and would go undefeated with your sad excuse of a schedule.

We'll just get better as the year progresses and the players continue to learn the offense and get more experience on defense.

Are you 12? ... reeruned post from reeruned homer poster.

RustShack 09-14-2014 09:54 PM

No I just understand football, and have the common sense that the majority of teams with a new coaching staff and very few returning starters won't run like a well oiled machine right away.

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Granted, Crow isn't as good as former (and current) Tigers Scherzer and Kinsler.

On a related note, it gets annoying watching former Tigers beat the Royals again.

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10915795)
No I just understand football, and have the common sense that the majority of teams with a new coaching staff and very few returning starters won't run like a well oiled machine right away.

Mizzou has very few returning starters; should Mizzou Fan expect them to play worse than they are?

RustShack 09-14-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10915808)
Mizzou has very few returning starters; should Mizzou Fan expect them to play worse than they are?

If it's a bunch of freshman and sophomores, then you should understand why they are starting slow and not call for the coaches head.

Pitt Gorilla 09-14-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10915824)
If it's a bunch of freshman and sophomores, then you should understand why they are starting slow and not call for the coaches head.

Why are they a "bunch of freshman and sophomores"? Is this his first or second year?

RustShack 09-14-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10915839)
Why are they a "bunch of freshman and sophomores"? Is this his first or second year?

Because his newer classes are better than his older classes. Because first time coaches at Iowa State don't pull talented players out of their ass without showing anything first.

Eleazar 09-15-2014 05:36 AM

Hope springs eternal in the Rusty breast. So adorable.

kchero 09-15-2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10915860)
Because his newer classes are better than his older classes. Because first time coaches at Iowa State don't pull talented players out of their ass without showing anything first.

So his most talented players are freshmen and sophomores and they still lost to North Dakota? What about Northern Iowa last year? I'm just confused because last year was suppose to be their big year as well from what I remember you saying.

duncan_idaho 09-15-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10915532)

Oh, Rusty...

Keep telling yourself that division with 3 top 20 teams, that last year in a "DOWN" year was ranked 4th by Sagarin (behind the SEC East, the two PAC-12 divisions, and slightly leading a close race with the Big 12) is pathetic. It's cute.

We'll get a very good idea how well Kansas State could do in terms of winning the SEC on Saturday.

Prison Bitch 09-15-2014 07:59 AM

It wasn't ranked "behind" the SEC-E last year. .01 is a blip that's within the +/- of the standard error factor. For all we know the order could be the reverse. You should take a math course Duncan if you believe what you keep spitting up.

duncan_idaho 09-15-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10916248)
It wasn't ranked "behind" the SEC-E last year. .01 is a blip that's within the +/- of the standard error factor. For all we know the order could be the reverse. You should take a math course Duncan if you believe what you keep spitting up.

Sagarin had it 4th. Sagarin is infallible!

WilliamTheIrish 09-15-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10916216)
Oh, Rusty...

Keep telling yourself that division with 3 top 20 teams, that last year in a "DOWN" year was ranked 4th by Sagarin (behind the SEC East, the two PAC-12 divisions, and slightly leading a close race with the Big 12) is pathetic. It's cute.

We'll get a very good idea how well Kansas State could do in terms of winning the SEC on Saturday.

Thursday.

RustShack 09-15-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 10916130)
So his most talented players are freshmen and sophomores and they still lost to North Dakota? What about Northern Iowa last year? I'm just confused because last year was suppose to be their big year as well from what I remember you saying.

Nope never said anything about a big year this year or last. You must be thinking of basketball. We should have been pretty good the year before last, but our OC left for Ohio State and the new one was too incompetent, and for whatever reason was given a second year before being fired.

Saul Good 09-15-2014 09:50 AM

5 SEC teams in the top 10 and 8 in the top 25 shows that the AP is clearly biased.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

As this link of computer polls clearly shows, there should be 6 SEC teams in the top 10 and 9 in the top 25. Hopefully the new panel doesn't discriminate against the SEC the way the AP voters do.

WhawhaWhat 09-15-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10916539)
5 SEC teams in the top 10 and 8 in the top 25 shows that the AP is clearly biased.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

As this link of computer polls clearly shows, there should be 6 SEC teams in the top 10 and 9 in the top 25. Hopefully the new panel doesn't discriminate against the SEC the way the AP voters do.

Oklahoma, Florida St, Oregon, Auburn would be an awesome first year of the playoffs.

Saul Good 09-15-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10916566)
Oklahoma, Florida St, Oregon, Auburn would be an awesome first year of the playoffs.

Baylor embarrassed Oklahoma last year. I'm not ready to crown the Sooners Big 12 champs just yet.

Pitt Gorilla 09-15-2014 12:43 PM

OU wouldn't take DGB now, due to publicity.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...estic-violence

Prison Bitch 09-15-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10916320)
Sagarin had it 4th. Sagarin is infallible!

You sound like a person who cites a political race Gallup poll that's +1, when the MOE is +/- 3.

duncan_idaho 09-15-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10917030)
You sound like a person who cites a political race Gallup poll that's +1, when the MOE is +/- 3.

I don't actually think Sagarin is infallible and that should be pretty obvious. It's simply the best-known (and most readily available)

But it doesn't change the fact that the SEC East was rated SLIGHTLY better than the Big 12 and was in, at worst, a dead heat with the Big 12 for the 4th spot. In a year in which a school that's won more national titles than the Big 12 in the past decade, by itself, was significantly worse than normal.

Hell, Tennessee had as many titles in the BCS era (past 16 years) as any Big 12 representative.

When Rusty wants to talk about how weak the SEC East is, that's pretty relevant information.

nychief 09-15-2014 01:40 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-football-poll

Pitt Gorilla 09-15-2014 01:51 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...history-091514

RustShack 09-15-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10917200)
When Rusty wants to talk about how weak the SEC East is, that's pretty relevant information.

Lol what? When did Iowa join the SEC? I never said anything about the SEC.

RustShack 09-15-2014 02:43 PM

Oh I think I get it, that guy is a Mizzou fan? I just assumed he was an Iowa fan.

duncan_idaho 09-15-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10917331)
Lol what? When did Iowa join the SEC? I never said anything about the SEC.

Pitt is a pretty prominent Mizzou fan around here.

If you weren't trying to bash the SEC East, sorry for jumping on you.

All B1G divisions deserve to be bashed. Shit show!

WilliamTheIrish 09-15-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10917411)
Pitt is a pretty prominent Mizzou fan around here.

If you weren't trying to bash the SEC East, sorry for jumping on you.

All B1G divisions deserve to be bashed. Shit show!

When he's not being a big N. Iowa fan he's a huge Mizzou fan.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-15-2014 04:45 PM

AAnyone other than a complete idiot knows the sec East is a better division than the Bevo.

TribalElder 09-15-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10917682)
AAnyone other than a complete idiot knows the sec East is a better division than the Bevo.

How long before Oklahoma bails to the SEC ROFL

RustShack 09-15-2014 04:50 PM

*** The Big Ten is 1-10 against other Power 5 conferences this season. The league, however, is 5-3 against the MAC.

Pitt Gorilla 09-15-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10917428)
When he's not being a big N. Iowa fan he's a huge Mizzou fan.

I'm a fan of both. I'm not, oddly enough, a big fan of pitt state.

TribalElder 09-15-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10917696)
I'm a fan of both. I'm not, oddly enough, a big fan of pitt state.

many other better choices in the MIAA :LOL:

Prison Bitch 09-15-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10917200)
I don't actually think Sagarin is infallible and that should be pretty obvious. It's simply the best-known (and most readily available)

But it doesn't change the fact that the SEC East was rated SLIGHTLY better than the Big 12 and was in, at worst, a dead heat with the Big 12 for the 4th spot. In a year in which a school that's won more national titles than the Big 12 in the past decade, by itself, was significantly worse than normal.

Hell, Tennessee had as many titles in the BCS era (past 16 years) as any Big 12 representative.

Big 12 was dragged down by Kansas, who subtracted 2.5 points off every team's rating. I suppose Kentucky does that every year and certainly Tennessee and Florida were a shadow of their former selves last year as well.

TribalElder 09-15-2014 07:47 PM

Beakers should pray that Harbaugh gets fired after the season and they could pay hima metric shit ton to come to kansas ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 09-15-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10918354)
Beakers should pray that Harbaugh gets fired after the season and they could pay hima metric shit ton to come to kansas ROFL

They would have to beg to get Mangina back.

KChiefs1 09-15-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10917222)

Bitch & Kietzman love this guy. Don't ya guys?

KChiefs1 09-15-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10917830)
Big 12 was dragged down by Kansas, who subtracted 2.5 points off every team's rating. I suppose Kentucky does that every year and certainly Tennessee and Florida were a shadow of their former selves last year as well.

You realize all those teams would beat ku by 40pts

Bambi 09-16-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10918646)
Bitch & Kietzman love this guy. Don't ya guys?

once again NY puts Clay Travis in his place, lol...what a tool

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SEC has 7 of the top 14 in college football and 6 of the top 12 in Miss America. Not a bad day.</p>&mdash; Clay Travis (@ClayTravisBGID) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClayTravisBGID/status/511332544047235072">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla 09-16-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10919729)
once again NY puts Clay Travis in his place, lol...what a tool

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SEC has 7 of the top 14 in college football and 6 of the top 12 in Miss America. Not a bad day.</p>&mdash; Clay Travis (@ClayTravisBGID) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClayTravisBGID/status/511332544047235072">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't get it.

kepp 09-16-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10919738)
I don't get it.

Knowing Bambi, it probably made sense about a decade ago.

Bambi 09-16-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10919738)
I don't get it.

He had a series of tweets last night about miss america and the SEC once again blah blah blah.... and then they lost.

blake5676 09-16-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10919844)
He had a series of tweets last night about miss america and the SEC once again blah blah blah.... and then they lost.

Who lost?

Prison Bitch 09-16-2014 09:32 AM

#1 Player for next year:

Jayson Tatum
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

6-7, 190 | Class of 2016
HometownSaint Louis, Mo.SchoolChaminade College PrepPositionSmall ForwardStatus Undeclared
Scout Grade
1 POSITION
1 REGIONAL
1 STATE
1stESPN 60
Recruiting ActivityScouting ReportInsiderPlayer NewsVideos
SCHOOL LIST
SCHOOL STATUS OFFER VISIT
Arizona
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan State
Missouri
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Ohio State
UCLA

ROFL

duncan_idaho 09-16-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10919952)
#1 Player for next year:

Jayson Tatum
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

6-7, 190 | Class of 2016
HometownSaint Louis, Mo.SchoolChaminade College PrepPositionSmall ForwardStatus Undeclared
Scout Grade
1 POSITION
1 REGIONAL
1 STATE
1stESPN 60
Recruiting ActivityScouting ReportInsiderPlayer NewsVideos
SCHOOL LIST
SCHOOL STATUS OFFER VISIT
Arizona
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan State
Missouri
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Ohio State
UCLA

ROFL

He's going to Duke, I think. But he does plan to stay close to home. It's known now that Kansas/Duke/Kentucky/Missouri/SLU are probably the top 5 because of that factor.

it was widely assumed that as a St. Louis Eagles stud, he was a Florida lean.

Odds of him going to Missouri are very slim, but not the lowest in his top 5.

RustShack 09-16-2014 11:56 AM

Yeah, a lot of schools are going to offer him.

WhawhaWhat 09-16-2014 12:01 PM

The Program @theprogramkc
SG Antonio Blakeney, Orlando, FL (#14 recruit in 2015) has decommitted from Louisville... Reportedly because of pressure from Nike. Blakeney played for Nike AAU team. Louisville just resigned a mega-deal w/Adidas. Word is this is Nike's reaction to losing Andrew Wiggins.

Wiggins played Nike AAU and then at Kansas was Adidas. He signed a deal with Adidas in the NBA. I was told this was a concern for Bill Self. He was worried that if Wiggins signed with Adidas, Nike would try to blackball all Adidas schools with their AAU players.

Blakeney has scheduled 4 visits... Kentucky, LSU, Oregon, and Missouri. All 4 schools are Nike schools.

RustShack 09-16-2014 12:03 PM

Well that's interesting.

WhawhaWhat 09-16-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10920274)
Well that's interesting.

Iowa State still a Nike school?