ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Fishing Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223680)

Bwana 02-06-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9382375)
Amen, i dont go out to the woods to stand around with 30 other people.

Exactly

Radar Chief 02-06-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9382563)
I don't know the area, I know we will be in the park (that is where all the zones are right?) but not sure if he typically moves out of the park on trips, or stays there the whole time.

Right.

loochy 02-06-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9382538)
Honestly, we don't fish in the park that often and definitely not on opening day. We fish in the river and catch plenty of trout without the crowds.

That's what I do at Montauk. I park at the farthest downstream parking lot, I hike down to the park barrier wire, and I get in the water there and fish the blue ribbon water down to the next river crossing.

If there's not a trail or a road next to the water, that's where you need to be. :)

Groves 02-06-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9382270)
Doh. I'm reeruned. Sorry.

Ah, but nobody gets killed your way. I'm the one low on brain cells.

Dartgod 02-07-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9382557)
Although I have to make a run to Warrensburg on Saturday to watch my kid sing in some district honor choir, so I am hoping that day is nice and cold and rainy or something, but it will surely be the most picturesque day of the trip.

You take that back!

allen_kcCard 02-07-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9384296)
You take that back!

How about for like 10 minutes to where I am good and miserable in the morning and then I'll take the nasty weather with me to Warrensburg and leave it there.

Bwana 02-07-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9384354)
How about for like 10 minutes to where I am good and miserable in the morning and then I'll take the nasty weather with me to Warrensburg and leave it there.

Off topic, but does anyone know if Perry Fosters is still open in Warrensburg? I would drive down there just to eat his BBQ when I flew in for a Chiefs game. That was before he had his little health code violations.

http://rdc.rdcimage.com/partner-imag...4212photo1.jpg

booyaf2 02-20-2013 05:53 PM

Picked up a 2013 Lund 1875 Crossover XS. Fishing season can't get here soon enough

stonedstooge 02-20-2013 06:18 PM

I went out for 3 hours on Sunday since it got up into the mid 50's. First time I've fished on a wing dike in the Missouri River. Had a few soft bites but nothing caught. I've been studying up on the different type of rigs to use in and around wing dikes. Also got a shipment of shad sides in today, so I'M READY for the next warm day

SAUTO 02-20-2013 06:19 PM

My father in law is one of the best crappie fisherman in the state and had a stroke in October.

He is left handed and can't use the left side yet, minor use of the leg and one finger so far.

He lives to fish and I can tell he's already hurting. It hurts me to see. I'm working on a way to get him down the hill to his dock.

He will be a very sad panda when the water temp starts creeping up
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-20-2013 06:20 PM

I can guarantee we WILL fish that dock, best crappie spot on the loo, this spring. He WILL CATCH FISH LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

stonedstooge 02-20-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9420079)
My father in law is one of the best crappie fisherman in the state and had a stroke in October.

He is left handed and can't use the left side yet, minor use of the leg and one finger so far.

He lives to fish and I can tell he's already hurting. It hurts me to see. I'm working on a way to get him down the hill to his dock.

He will be a very sad panda when the water temp starts creeping up
Posted via Mobile Device

How about a winch? Or is the trouble with the lay of the hill he has to go down.

Radar Chief 02-22-2013 10:28 AM

Since the embed didn't work you get a picture instead.

http://i49.tinypic.com/k35gfc.jpg

GROVE, Oklahoma - A lot of fish stories are just that—stories, tall tales that are just too good to be true.

We heard one story about a 110-pound spoonbill caught at Grand Lake, and when we found out there were pictures, we just had to meet the woman who made the record catch.

"It's been quite the talk - it's been very interesting - all over town," said Heather Fink.

She was featured the front page of the local paper, lying beside the Grand Lake record spoonbill she caught last week.

Heather describes herself as a professional photographer with a big fishing habit. She catches lots of fish, but this one was different—the Grand Lake record spoonbill.

"Everybody's jaw just dropped, because it was huge," she said.

Rusty Pritchard has been a fishing guide on the lake for 16 years, and he said the biggest spoonbill up to now was just over 100 pounds, back before they started keeping records.

"We caught 965 of them last year, and the biggest one last year was 68 pounds," Rusty said.

Of course you have to have your picture taken holding a record-breaking fish, but Heather said it was a chore.

"I was so arched back trying to support this fish," she said.

They almost capsized the boat getting it out of the water.

"Everybody has heard about this - down in Texas, up in Nebraska - I mean, it's just people are not used to seeing this sized fish come out of our lake," Heather said.

Grand Lake is prime territory for spoonbill and from December to May is prime time.

The promise every fisherman hopes is true?

"There's bigger fish out there," Rusty said.

Of course next week, Grand Lake will be teeming with pro-fishermen competing in the 2013 Bassmaster Classic.

It's next Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but we'll have special coverage all next week.

http://www.news9.com/story/21221294/...-of-grand-lake

ptlyon 02-22-2013 10:42 AM

I'll be there paddle snagging the 1st week of april

stonedstooge 03-31-2013 08:32 AM

Anyone else getting your lines wet? Caught 5 "eaters" out of the Missouri River Friday. The cats were biting slow on chicken livers, worms and shad sides.

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9543382)
Anyone else getting your lines wet? Caught 5 "eaters" out of the Missouri River Friday. The cats were biting slow on chicken livers, worms and shad sides.

Wanted to go today but forgot and left the damn boat out and had to put it in the garage at 545 am in the pouring rain...

Won't hurt it but I hate wet carpet:banghead:

stonedstooge 03-31-2013 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 104071

The fish I caught Friday

stonedstooge 03-31-2013 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my liver bombs ready for the river today:

Attachment 104072

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 10:16 AM

Give em hell stooge

Easy 6 04-03-2013 04:27 PM

Cant wait for it to warm up a bit, i'm more than ready to get out by and in the water... two goals this year, make a real effort to gar fish, only made one halfhearted attempt last year.

And two, do a LOT of buffalo fishing, that's shits like a delicacy in the taverns around here and in one small creek i fish they are EVERYWHERE, swimming right by my feet by the dozen as i stand there in the water... guarantee i can sell them to these pubs around here. Might as well make a little money while i'm out enjoying myself.

TribalElder 04-03-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9384418)
Off topic, but does anyone know if Perry Fosters is still open in Warrensburg? I would drive down there just to eat his BBQ when I flew in for a Chiefs game. That was before he had his little health code violations.

http://rdc.rdcimage.com/partner-imag...4212photo1.jpg

Perry is out of business

Should have paid his taxes

He probably still cooks for hank jr every summer tho

TribalElder 04-03-2013 04:36 PM

Crappie are my fav for realz

R8RFAN 04-05-2013 04:26 PM

60 + degrees tomorrow and 70's next week

Oh It's On

http://thumbnails108.imagebam.com/24...3247373942.jpg

Easy 6 04-05-2013 05:26 PM

Took a little walk around part of the lake yesterday and the fish were jumping all over the place, its finally getting warm around here, spring has sprung.

Iowanian 04-08-2013 10:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok. I've hesitated to do this because it won't be that hard to identify in my area.

For years i've been planning on building a bass pond. 10 years ago my browser at work probably had something for work, CP and a pond management website open.

Well, last year I built it. I spent the fall and part of this spring building structure from pvc designs I've seen or developed, cement yard statues, pallets, dirt mounds.......and I'm working on my centerpiece. Not long ago I walked into an area gas station and heard 2 strangers discussing my project as a "monument".

Anyway......I'm posting a few pics of the pond, the structures I've built and maybe the centerpiece, which is a work in progress.

Well....it's coming together, filling with water as I type....and the next chance I get I'll be taking the kids to catch some bluegill to start stocking it.

Iowanian 04-08-2013 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So....now you get to see what the American Dream looks like in progress.
I may remove this photo for privacy issues......but it's just worth sharing now.

By the end of the summer, the bed will be leveled and be topped with a deck.
The minute I saw this truck in a fence row on the back side, I had a vision of fishing with my kids from a deck on the back of this truck. I've already got the materials for the bridge and I've got some other ideas ranging from a fire pit to a solar charged bug zapper. Yes...It's going to be every thing I thought it would be.

In the background, you'll see a dam with a hole it it and a pile of dead trees. When those are burned out, that pond will be repaired, with a 6-8" open pipe hanging into the big pond. I'm going to stock the small pond with crawfish, minnows and sunfish. My hope is that when it rains hard, it will flood food into the main pond.

Iowanian 04-09-2013 09:58 AM

Have any of you ever constructed "floating structure"?

I've seen a design for something made of pvc and other materials that looks kind of like a palm tree that floats and is controlled for location/depth by nylon rope and a block.

I'm looking at suspending something 4-6' below the waterline in one of the deeper areas.

mr. tegu 04-09-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9570911)

I've seen a design for something made of pvc and other materials that looks kind of like a palm tree that floats and is controlled for location/depth by nylon rope and a block.

I'm looking at suspending something 4-6' below the waterline in one of the deeper areas.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1004314...ct_description

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

5 gallon bucket
Bag of cement
Big bunch of lush bamboo

= Crappie condos

El Jefe 04-09-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9570236)
Ok. I've hesitated to do this because it won't be that hard to identify in my area.

For years i've been planning on building a bass pond. 10 years ago my browser at work probably had something for work, CP and a pond management website open.

Well, last year I built it. I spent the fall and part of this spring building structure from pvc designs I've seen or developed, cement yard statues, pallets, dirt mounds.......and I'm working on my centerpiece. Not long ago I walked into an area gas station and heard 2 strangers discussing my project as a "monument".

Anyway......I'm posting a few pics of the pond, the structures I've built and maybe the centerpiece, which is a work in progress.

Well....it's coming together, filling with water as I type....and the next chance I get I'll be taking the kids to catch some bluegill to start stocking it.

Freakin awesome mate!!! I would love to be able to something like this sometime, hopefully before I am too old to enjoy it :(

El Jefe 04-09-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9570251)
So....now you get to see what the American Dream looks like in progress.
I may remove this photo for privacy issues......but it's just worth sharing now.

By the end of the summer, the bed will be leveled and be topped with a deck.
The minute I saw this truck in a fence row on the back side, I had a vision of fishing with my kids from a deck on the back of this truck. I've already got the materials for the bridge and I've got some other ideas ranging from a fire pit to a solar charged bug zapper. Yes...It's going to be every thing I thought it would be.

In the background, you'll see a dam with a hole it it and a pile of dead trees. When those are burned out, that pond will be repaired, with a 6-8" open pipe hanging into the big pond. I'm going to stock the small pond with crawfish, minnows and sunfish. My hope is that when it rains hard, it will flood food into the main pond.

Man that is awesome!! How big is the pond?

Iowanian 04-09-2013 01:41 PM

It's a little over 2 acres

A buddy built one a quarter mile away that is over 5 acres.

El Jefe 04-09-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9571508)

Whoa, that's some coin there. I looked into building a 2 acre pond and I was quoted almost 18k to dig it.

mr. tegu 04-09-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9571596)
Whoa, that's some coin there. I looked into building a 2 acre pond and I was quoted almost 18k to dig it.

What kind of shovel are you going to buy?

http://tierraderco.com/ProductImages/Worth/W2256.jpg

ptlyon 04-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9571508)

Shit, I'd just fish his...

Radar Chief 04-09-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9571646)
What kind of shovel are you going to buy?

http://tierraderco.com/ProductImages/Worth/W2256.jpg

You would have to visit the Home Depot in a dozen different cities to come up with enough Mexicans to hand dig a 2 acre pond.

mr. tegu 04-09-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9571699)
You would have to visit the Home Depot in a dozen different cities to come up with enough Mexicans to hand dig a 2 acre pond.

LMAO

El Jefe 04-09-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9571699)

LMAO, that is the funniest thing I have read on here all day!

ptlyon 04-09-2013 02:38 PM

WHIP THEM! WHIP THE PISS RIGHT OUT OF THEM!!!

MahiMike 04-09-2013 02:40 PM

I have to admit I just sold all of my fishing gear. I did way too much fishin' and not enough catchin'.

Cheaper to pay $12/lb for Grouper or Mahi.

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9571763)
I have to admit I just sold all of my fishing gear. I did way too much fishin' and not enough catchin'.

I like to be out on the boat even if I am not catching....

Some of the biggest crappie I ever caught were on the days when the bite was slow

El Jefe 04-09-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

I am a C&R fisher, and I don't have to catch a ton of fish to jusitfy my fishing. I enjoy being out on the water even if I don't catch anything.

mr. tegu 04-09-2013 02:55 PM

I agree with the last two posters. Part of the reason we like fishing is just the being outdoors. It is called 'fishing' not 'catching' after all.

stonedstooge 04-09-2013 03:06 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ffo4dptpBAA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowanian 04-09-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9571596)

Some of that depends on the terrain and the amount of dirt they have to move. All ponds are not created equally.

It's also helpful if you have friends who do things you need done and do them at cost.

loochy 04-09-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

I go fishing a LOT and the only time I've kept a fish in the last 5 years was a tuna on my deep sea trip in Hawaii.

Fishing is the fun part. It's a pain in the butt to keep the fish and clean it and it's not THAT good.

NewChief 04-09-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9571985)
I go fishing a LOT and the only time I've kept a fish in the last 5 years was a tuna on my deep sea trip in Hawaii.

Fishing is the fun part. It's a pain in the butt to keep the fish and clean it and it's not THAT good.

I think Mahi was doing a lot of ocean fishing, perhaps requiring a boat. If you're running an ocean boat, a day of fishing isn't exactly cheap after you pay for your gas and make a long run to your fishing spot.

I agree with all the sentiments on what fishing is about, but if you're doing an expensive form of fishing and rarely catching fish, I can also understand the cost/benefit analysis.

loochy 04-09-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9571992)
I think Mahi was doing a lot of ocean fishing, perhaps requiring a boat. If you're running an ocean boat, a day of fishing isn't exactly cheap after you pay for your gas and make a long run to your fishing spot.

I agree with all the sentiments on what fishing is about, but if you're doing an expensive form of fishing and rarely catching fish, I can also understand the cost/benefit analysis.

Another reason I don't like to keep fish is that I like to preserve the fishery. Every fish that someone takes out is another fish that I (or someone else) can't catch.

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9571985)

I dunno about that...

This is some GOOD eating

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...4597_209_n.jpg

NewChief 04-09-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9572001)
Another reason I don't like to keep fish is that I like to preserve the fishery. Every fish that someone takes out is another fish that I (or someone else) can't catch.

I understand and agree, though I think that ocean fish, specifically game fish (not fish that are fished commercially), are a little bit different than freshwater fish with regards to populations.

MahiMike 04-09-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9571821)
I am a C&R fisher, and I don't have to catch a ton of fish to jusitfy my fishing. I enjoy being out on the water even if I don't catch anything.

Well in Florida, salt water fishing gets pretty pricey. My son and I enjoy going deep sea fishing on the party boats now. Catch more too. I've gone out and spent $200 per day without sniffing a fish.

Sorter 04-09-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9572002)
I dunno about that...

This is some GOOD eating

Good god, that looks awesome.

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9572030)

Sad but this is the best fishing day I probably ever had in my life when it comes to consistent size fish.... I have been chasing this kind of fishing ever since...

I can catch 6 inch fish all day... I guess I need to start just filleting them, they encourage us to take the smaller fish in the lake here to promote overall bigger fish in the future (crappies)

Radar Chief 04-09-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

I dunno about that...

This is some GOOD eating

Crappie is some damn fine eating. :thumb:

MahiMike 04-09-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

I dunno about that...

This is some GOOD eating

Those are some big crappie. when they're spawning, it's like saltwater fishing. Lotsa bites.

NewChief 04-09-2013 04:08 PM

And Mahi:

I think if I lived where you do, I'd end up with a kayak. I know you miss out on a lot by not being able to go far offshore as well as move locations quickly if the bite isn't on, but it simplifies and cheapens everything... and also returns you to that "nature" aspect of a day on the water.

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9572056)
Those are some big crappie. when they're spawning, it's like saltwater fishing. Lotsa bites.

Like shooting fish in a barrel... Water temp was 56 last weekend, 70+ all week so far, expect some good spawn fishing this weekend :thumb:

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 04:16 PM

Filleted and ready for a swim in the peanut oil

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...cmQvQmxhY2.jpg

Fried up, with some hushpuppies and tater wedges and fries...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...AxNTEuanBn.jpg

This is good eating

stonedstooge 04-09-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9572099)

This is good eating

Thanks you bastage. Posting shit like that near suppertime ought to get you banned

mr. tegu 04-09-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9572066)
And Mahi:

I think if I lived where you do, I'd end up with a kayak. I know you miss out on a lot by not being able to go far offshore as well as move locations quickly if the bite isn't on, but it simplifies and cheapens everything... and also returns you to that "nature" aspect of a day on the water.

I love fishing out of my Kayak.

stonedstooge 04-09-2013 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 104163

This is all I caught yesterday, although I had a carp probably close to 10 pounds on the bank, reached down to pick him up and he snapped the line. :cuss:

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9572112)
Thanks you bastage. Posting shit like that near suppertime ought to get you banned

Lately I have had to settle for fish bought at the fish market here... I think I am going to just start gutting and scaling smaller crappie and eating them with the bones in...

I hate scaling fish but I may be forced too soon if the size does not increase:banghead:

stonedstooge 04-09-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9572161)
Lately I have had to settle for fish bought at the fish market here... I think I am going to just start gutting and scaling smaller crappie and eating them with the bones in...

I hate scaling fish but I may be forced too soon if the size does not increase:banghead:

Makes you eat a little slower when fishing for bones in your mouth.

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9572170)

Not hard to find in a crappie

SAUTO 04-09-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

The fil has TONS of them under his dock. Best crappie fishing ever

Dartgod 04-09-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9571821)
I enjoy being out on the water even if I don't catch anything.

This. Definitely this.

MeatRock 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9572170)

THE reason i hate eating Trout.

Dartgod 04-09-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9572099)

This is good eating

:drool:

SAUTO 04-09-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9572030)

Last year on thanksgivingmy eight year old and her papa caught over 60 keeper crappie in about 45 minutes off the dock. They were pulling them up as fast as I could pull them off the hooks for them. We threw them all back that day though. But damn it was cool

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 05:10 PM

My wife can catch the hell out of crappie... This is one of her fish

http://thumbnails106.imagebam.com/24...6248019225.jpg

SAUTO 04-09-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9572287)
:drool:

Don't you come fish around me sometimes? Sterret creek?

SAUTO 04-09-2013 05:17 PM

Hell I had to go run off six boats Saturday that had tied up to the dock and were all over it fishing like they owned it
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder 04-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

I dunno about that...

This is some GOOD eating

That is quite a haul....... Ya know, for a Raiders fan and all lol

R8RFAN 04-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9572354)
That is quite a haul....... Ya know, for a Raiders fan and all lol

North Carolina country boy... No Kalifornia kook shit about me

HonestChieffan 04-09-2013 06:09 PM

Rigging out a NuCanoe for the farm pond this week. http://www.nucanoe.com/models/frontier/

Depth finder and a mount for a camera. Should be an awesome fun way to fish bluegill and bass in the pond.

HonestChieffan 06-11-2013 07:29 AM

Anybody into fishing from a kayak? I got one last fall too late to use and am starting to use it and love it. Called a NuCanoe Frontier.

Amazing the size of the segment when you start reading....like a whole bother world

http://www.rapidmedia.com/ka/kayakan...m_medium=email

Thats link to a cool magazine devoted to Kayak Fishing.

mr. tegu 06-11-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9743532)
Anybody into fishing from a kayak? I got one last fall too late to use and am starting to use it and love it. Called a NuCanoe Frontier.

Amazing the size of the segment when you start reading....like a whole bother world

http://www.rapidmedia.com/ka/kayakan...m_medium=email

Thats link to a cool magazine devoted to Kayak Fishing.

I have a 10 ft Ascend fishing kayak and I absolutely love it. I love getting exercise while fishing and being so close to the water makes it that much more fun.

I love how you can customize and add things to them as well such as anchors and fish finders. They are great for bass fishing in tight shallow water areas because you maneuver effortless without disturbing anything and scaring off the fish.

Did you get a sit-on-top or sit-in kayak?

HonestChieffan 06-11-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9743585)
I have a 10 ft Ascend fishing kayak and I absolutely love it. I love getting exercise while fishing and being so close to the water makes it that much more fun.

I love how you can customize and add things to them as well such as anchors and fish finders. They are great for bass fishing in tight shallow water areas because you maneuver effortless without disturbing anything and scaring off the fish.

Did you get a sit-on-top or sit-in kayak?

Its a sit on top/hybrid I guess one calls it....NuCanoe Frontier 12 foot. Amazing to have surface hits from bass so close to the boat. Have not mastered stand up fishing yet but I will get that down. There is a dealer south of KC and they have been very helpful as well as some othe NuCanoe owners in the area.

mr. tegu 06-11-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9743623)
Its a sit on top/hybrid I guess one calls it....NuCanoe Frontier 12 foot. Amazing to have surface hits from bass so close to the boat. Have not mastered stand up fishing yet but I will get that down. There is a dealer south of KC and they have been very helpful as well as some othe NuCanoe owners in the area.

Yeah I love being that close to the action. It is cool to see a fish 10 feet from you that has no idea you are there and you can watch the whole hit unfold.

I have a sit-in kayak. I don't know that I ever would have stood up if I bought a sit-on-top but I think I do wish I would have gotten one just for the ease of getting in and out.

I just checked out the NuCanoe and that looks really awesome. Definitely looks like it has the best of both worlds.

HonestChieffan 06-11-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9743636)
Yeah I love being that close to the action. It is cool to see a fish 10 feet from you that has no idea you are there and you can watch the whole hit unfold.

I have a sit-in kayak. I don't know that I ever would have stood up if I bought a sit-on-top but I think I do wish I would have gotten one just for the ease of getting in and out.

I just checked out the NuCanoe and that looks really awesome. Definitely looks like it has the best of both worlds.

Got to see a 21 inch bass swim up, circle and then totally happier a topwater bait on Saturday. Needless to say....very fun and a couple beers had to be consumed after that.

Going to manitoba next week and wish like hell the lodge had a NuCanoe! Imagine a 40 inch Northern that close!