ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308853)

Pitt Gorilla 11-18-2017 11:03 PM

Lot of true freshmen on the 2-deep. Barry appears to understand recruiting/development very well.

TrebMaxx 11-18-2017 11:05 PM

Big O was looking pretty good, the coaching staff needs to game plan for him. He needs more targets.

Jerm 11-18-2017 11:08 PM

Who is this team and what have they done with Mizzou.....?

Same with Lock lol.

Pitt Gorilla 11-18-2017 11:37 PM

Whole situation reminds me (a bit) of the 2004 season when Mizzou Fan wanted Pinkel fired.

Pepe Silvia 11-19-2017 12:20 AM

Great game, I like how Odom never takes his foot off of the gas. Albert O is a stud.

Can we find some way to never have Andre Ware call another Mizzou game? He absolutely hates mizzou and doesn't hide it one bit. When it was 35-0 all he could do was praise Vandy. Webb this, Webb that. **** that bust.

Titty Meat 11-19-2017 01:18 AM

Congrats on your turn around Mizzou fans

BryanBusby 11-19-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 13223462)
Please stay Drew Lock.

I don't think that will be an issue.

GloryDayz 11-19-2017 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13223508)
Great game, I like how Odom never takes his foot off of the gas. Albert O is a stud.

Can we find some way to never have Andre Ware call another Mizzou game? He absolutely hates mizzou and doesn't hide it one bit. When it was 35-0 all he could do was praise Vandy. Webb this, Webb that. **** that bust.

Agree, Andre Ware sucks at his current job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BlackHelicopters 11-19-2017 07:18 AM

Bowl? Music City Bowl? Back to Nashville?

Mizzou_8541 11-19-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13223508)

I’ve heard a lot of people complain about this. I thought Ware was fine. He was very completely of Mizzou, and he’s got a new Bromance in Albert O. The game was over in the first half, he still had to call another half. What was he supposed to do? Totally ignore Vandy?

KChiefs1 11-19-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13223476)
Lot of true freshmen on the 2-deep. Barry appears to understand recruiting/development very well.

I totally misjudged Barry when we were 1-5 & he gave his post game speech. I thought he was totally over his head much like Kim Anderson with the basketball team.

Glad I was wrong.

KChiefs1 11-19-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13212825)
Yup. Gave up 43 to the worst team they've played this year and lost by 32 to the other.

It's not just playing easier opponents.

Exactly

Mizzou_8541 11-19-2017 08:24 AM

Also, it would have been pretty cool to see Beckner get into the end zone. The guy has been through so much and worked to hard to come back after two knee surgeries. Two more games to appreciate how good he is before he goes to the NFL.

Related: how many 305+ DL can snag the ball out of the air like that, and then come that close to retuning it 90ish yards for a TD? Guessing not too many.

KChiefs1 11-19-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13223452)
I'll reiterate that I would really like Missouri's chances against Kentucky, South Carolina and Purdue right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they had started the season this way they'd be 9-2 with the Arkansas game left.

Pitt Gorilla 11-19-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13223542)
Congrats on your turn around Mizzou fans

a bunch of true freshmen were playing really well last night. You still think our recruiting is awful?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13211094)
Right also keep in mind Odoms awful recruiting classes will be playing more next year so these bad teams will beat y'all next year.

BlackHelicopters 11-19-2017 08:55 AM

These are not the same guys from September. I’m not saying it’s aliens, but it’s aliens.

WhawhaWhat 11-19-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13223610)
I don't think that will be an issue.

Seems to be plenty of NFL scouts at these Mizzou games.

siberian khatru 11-19-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13223710)
I totally misjudged Barry when we were 1-5 & he gave his post game speech. I thought he was totally over his head much like Kim Anderson with the basketball team.

Glad I was wrong.

Pass me a hefty serving of crow, too.

Coach 11-19-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13223728)
a bunch of true freshmen were playing really well last night. You still think our recruiting is awful?

Ignore him. He's still butthurt from the Penn State game and that Nebraska is becoming irrelevant.

KChiefs1 11-19-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

He's a NU fan...they haven't seen real talent in decades.

Titty Meat 11-19-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Yup. Long term you won't succeed in the SEC with these kind of recruiting classes. You've beat 2 teams without coaches and a bunch of other rubbish. I'm not trolling and it's nice you don't have to fire your coach this year but long term my opinion of your program hasn't changed.

Titty Meat 11-19-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13224210)
He's a NU fan...they haven't seen real talent in decades.

NU has a mediocre coach with shit recruiting that won 9 games beating up on similar bad teams last year. Can you provide examples of SEC teams winning with 60th ranked recruiting classes?

Best22 11-19-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13224287)
Yup. Long term you won't succeed in the SEC with these kind of recruiting classes. You've beat 2 teams without coaches and a bunch of other rubbish. I'm not trolling and it's nice you don't have to fire your coach this year but long term my opinion of your program hasn't changed.

Going 8-5 would probably help with recruiting

Friday we get to see if Lock can break an SEC touchdown record.

Rams Fan 11-19-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Odom deserves a lot of credit for the turn around. What Mizzou has done is remarkable since they started 1-5. The players could have easily given up on the season and quit on Odom, but they didn't.

I think Odom as a recruiter has a ways to go and you will have a better idea of how good he is once Lock and Beckner leave. Neither of those players were recruited by Odom.

But this stretch, while they've done it, does deserve to be met with some skepticism. They have beaten a team that is moving down from FBS to FCS, a team that brought back a coach from their "glory days" as a program that has not really ever had a lot of success outside of a part of Edsall's first time as HC at UConn at the FBS level(they've been shit since he left and are shit since he's returned), a team that fired its HC before facing Mizzou, and two teams that can win no more than 5 games this season, including a team which might have its first 8 loss season in program history.

While I don't doubt that Mizzou has improved they started 1-5, I do doubt that the improved play will be sustainable long term.

BryanBusby 11-19-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13223767)
Seems to be plenty of NFL scouts at these Mizzou games.

They do have other guys that will be in the draft. . .

duncan_idaho 11-19-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13224287)

Missouri succeeded long-term under Pinkel recruiting mostly classes that ranked between 25-45.

They can't recruit in the 60s, but they also aren't going to stay there and only sign 13 players like they currently have committed. They'll move into the 40s on sheer numbers alone.

Odom and his staff have to use this as an opportunity to step up their recruiting, definitely. this gives them something to sell, which he hasn't really had.

But it's worth noting the performance of the freshman and sophomore shows that this staff is good at evaluation. That's critical for a Mizzou coaching staff. Missouri, when it was at its best under Pinkel, was mixing top 25-40 recruiting classes with really good player development and finding under-the-radar players.

Progress on the second half of that is encouraging.

Pepe Silvia 11-19-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 13223706)
I’ve heard a lot of people complain about this. I thought Ware was fine. He was very completely of Mizzou, and he’s got a new Bromance in Albert O. The game was over in the first half, he still had to call another half. What was he supposed to do? Totally ignore Vandy?

Really? That's why he was hoping to God his close play was a fumble when he was clearly down? lol

Mosbonian 11-19-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13225352)
Odom deserves a lot of credit for the turn around. What Mizzou has done is remarkable since they started 1-5. The players could have easily given up on the season and quit on Odom, but they didn't.

I think Odom as a recruiter has a ways to go and you will have a better idea of how good he is once Lock and Beckner leave. Neither of those players were recruited by Odom.

But this stretch, while they've done it, does deserve to be met with some skepticism. They have beaten a team that is moving down from FBS to FCS, a team that brought back a coach from their "glory days" as a program that has not really ever had a lot of success outside of a part of Edsall's first time as HC at UConn at the FBS level(they've been shit since he left and are shit since he's returned), a team that fired its HC before facing Mizzou, and two teams that can win no more than 5 games this season, including a team which might have its first 8 loss season in program history.

While I don't doubt that Mizzou has improved they started 1-5, I do doubt that the improved play will be sustainable long term.

While I get that you want to piss in the punch bowl.....I'm not buying the above. It sounds like the very same explanation that everyone used when MU won the SEC East...."the whole conference is down so your title isn't legit."

BS...you play the schedule you are given each year. Some years are down years for programs and you catch them at the right time, but that doesn't damage the legitimacy of winning. 5 weeks ago no one gave MU a chance of doing anything short of total collapse. Some teams were even counting their game with Mizzou as a "sure win" (see Florida and Tenn for reference) that would make them one step closer to bowl bids.

Well here we are 5 weeks later and not only did MU win 5 in a row, they did it in very convincing fashion...like a winning team is supposed to do. Bowl game scouts look at a couple of things when it comes to picking teams.....who is a "hot team" going down the stretch of this season and which team travels well enough and offers a match up to put butts in the seats.

MU is playing well now and has 2 confirmed bowls looking at them...there are 3 other SEC East teams that will be eligible (GA, SC, and KY) and 2 of those teams are not playing well down the stretch (SC & KY).

Rams Fan 11-19-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 13227321)
While I get that you want to piss in the punch bowl.....I'm not buying the above. It sounds like the very same explanation that everyone used when MU won the SEC East...."the whole conference is down so your title isn't legit."

BS...you play the schedule you are given each year. Some years are down years for programs and you catch them at the right time, but that doesn't damage the legitimacy of winning. 5 weeks ago no one gave MU a chance of doing anything short of total collapse. Some teams were even counting their game with Mizzou as a "sure win" (see Florida and Tenn for reference) that would make them one step closer to bowl bids.

Well here we are 5 weeks later and not only did MU win 5 in a row, they did it in very convincing fashion...like a winning team is supposed to do. Bowl game scouts look at a couple of things when it comes to picking teams.....who is a "hot team" going down the stretch of this season and which team travels well enough and offers a match up to put butts in the seats.

MU is playing well now and has 2 confirmed bowls looking at them...there are 3 other SEC East teams that will be eligible (GA, SC, and KY) and 2 of those teams are not playing well down the stretch (SC & KY).

So, you don't believe that I should be skeptical at Mizzou's performance when they have not beaten a single team with a winning record at all this season?

BryanBusby 11-19-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13227551)
So, you don't believe that I should be skeptical at Mizzou's performance when they have not beaten a single team with a winning record at all this season?

You and others need to just accept things for what they are. They have a mediocre record and they are a mediocre team.

Mediocre teams usually beat shit ones.

Seems to mesh up just right.

Rams Fan 11-19-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13227565)
You and others need to just accept things for what they are. They have a mediocre record and they are a mediocre team.

Mediocre teams usually beat shit ones.

Seems to mesh up just right.

I accept that they are a mediocre team. I don't accept that they are a good team that can sustain this level of play.

BryanBusby 11-19-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13227574)
I accept that they are a mediocre team. I don't accept that they are a good team that can sustain this level of play.

Against bad teams? Yeah they can.

If they come up with a not reeruned Defense and can reliably run the ball, I see no reason why they can't be in the mix in a subpar division in 2018.

That's a huge if.

Rams Fan 11-19-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13227586)
Against bad teams? Yeah they can.

If they come up with a not reeruned Defense and can reliably run the ball, I see no reason why they can't be in the mix in a subpar division in 2018.

That's a huge if.

Do you think Florida will have improved play next year along with Tennessee? Because I do. If Florida makes the right hire and finally addresses their biggest issue since Tebow graduated-QB- there is no reason why they can't compete with UGA every year in the East.

Titty Meat 11-19-2017 07:38 PM

Looks like Kelly to UF will be a thing.
Interesting to see who Rocky Top gets. Maybe Mullen?

BryanBusby 11-19-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13227602)
Do you think Florida will have improved play next year along with Tennessee? Because I do. If Florida makes the right hire and finally addresses their biggest issue since Tebow graduated-QB- there is no reason why they can't compete with UGA every year in the East.

Both teams are a real mess and we don't know if Tenn will actually make an upgrade at HC.

Florida is hot dog shit at QB and until you've got a QB, you ain't got shit. Chip gonna need more than one year to turn it around.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13227607)
Looks like Kelly to UF will be a thing.
Interesting to see who Rocky Top gets. Maybe Mullen?

Mullen would be a great hire for Tennessee. I'm not real positive on Chip at UF.

He better have contacts with a world class elite recruiter.

Mosbonian 11-19-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Not even Florida fans think things will right themselves by next .....and TN always manages to under-achieve.

And yes you can be skeptical if you apply that same theory to all Division 1 FBS teams....any game they play against a crappier team doesn't count toward their record.

Mizzou is like Bryan Busby said...Mizzou is a mediocre team...but that is a helluva lot better than what we were seeing at the beginning of the year.

NWTF 11-19-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Sounds like bad news for Kentucky then if you ask me.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2017 08:37 PM

Mediocre teams don't beat five straight bad teams by 28-47 points.

Mizzou_8541 11-19-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13226723)
Really? That's why he was hoping to God his close play was a fumble when he was clearly down? lol

I guess I just choose not get butthurt over what the broadcast teams says.

KChiefs1 11-19-2017 10:25 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1af71e255.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0fd85c3317.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...779fcb8d2e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...98e5c9fa8f.jpg

Mosbonian 11-20-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13227744)
Mediocre teams don't beat five straight bad teams by 28-47 points.

When I say mediocre I mean in comparison to Top 10 Teams.....Bama, Clemson, Miami....

kepp 11-20-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13226723)

His comment, "That's awfully close to a fumble...", had me rolling my eyes. I think when the games get out of hand announcers must try to manufacture drama or competition.

Frazod 11-20-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 13228346)
When I say mediocre I mean in comparison to Top 10 Teams.....Bama, Clemson, Miami....

And they never will. There is no equity in college football. That's the reality of the game. There are a handful of teams from which the eventual champion emerges every year, and we ain't one of them.

Missouri's ceiling is top second tier team. Every now and then they get there. But if they won the SEC East 20 years in a row, they'd lose to Alabama/Auburn in the championship game 20 years in a row. Just like they almost never beat Oklahoma, and certainly not when it really mattered.

That's just the way it is.

Mosbonian 11-20-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13228485)
And they never will. There is no equity in college football. That's the reality of the game. There are a handful of teams from which the eventual champion emerges every year, and we ain't one of them.

Missouri's ceiling is top second tier team. Every now and then they get there. But if they won the SEC East 20 years in a row, they'd lose to Alabama/Auburn in the championship game 20 years in a row. Just like they almost never beat Oklahoma, and certainly not when it really mattered.

Mizzou's best chance was the year they played Auburn.....and they actually kept that game close enough. I still think that shot on Henry Josey that knocked him into the golf cart should have been 15 more yard and gotten the guy kicked out of the game.

I get that our ceiling is where it is...but I must admit I am enjoying this year. After listening to the FL/GA local sports shows making fun of MU early in the season and counting their game as a sure win ahead of time, and then seeing that crumble makes this season successful to me.

Plus.....if they get into the TaxSlayer Bowl I can go see the game

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-20-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

That's true up until it isn't. College football is dynastic, but there are a lot of teams that we would lump in like that who have crashed the party.

There were decades where Florida, FSU, and Miami were absolute dog shit programs. Nebraska was the best program of the 90s, and teams like Colorado, Georgia Tech, Washington have won national titles, where there have been long stretches where Alabama, Auburn, and Texas were flat out bad. Clemson was an also-ran for 20+ years until they hired Swinney, and Oregon went from a perennial doormat to an elite program for a decade, until they hired the wrong guy.

The right coach can make any Power 5 school a destination and the wrong one can destroy any dynasty.

Frazod 11-20-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13228522)
That's true up until it isn't. College football is dynastic, but there are a lot of teams that we would lump in like that who have crashed the party.

There were decades where Florida, FSU, and Miami were absolute dog shit programs. Nebraska was the best program of the 90s, and teams like Colorado, Georgia Tech, Washington have won national titles, where there have been long stretches where Alabama, Auburn, and Texas were flat out bad. Clemson was an also-ran for 20+ years until they hired Swinney, and Oregon went from a perennial doormat to an elite program for a decade, until they hired the wrong guy.

The right coach can make any Power 5 school a destination and the wrong one can destroy any dynasty.

It's not like I wouldn't love to be proven wrong here. I just don't ever see it happening.

If only the Big 12 hadn't had a conference championship game in 2007.....

Mosbonian 11-20-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13228522)

The perennial powers stay elite.....and that class is small. You would have to lump Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan and maybe Penn State to that group. Alabama's bad stretch was really short in comparison to most.....and Ohio State and Oklahoma still seem to be good even in down years.

The reality is that MU will probably be Top 20 at different times....maybe climbing to Top 5 once in a while, but never be an "elite" team.

Best22 11-20-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

If we had a decent defensive coordinator in 2013, it may have been Mizzou vs FSU at the Rose Bowl for all the marbles

We can do it, it just won't be easy. If Wisconsin believes they can do it, Mizzou should too. Afterall, when has Wisconsin ever been a win away from the NCG? Never. Mizzou has done that twice (2007, 2013). I want to return to that level of play, and there's no reason we can't do it a Missouri

duncan_idaho 11-20-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13228593)
If we had a decent defensive coordinator in 2013, it may have been Mizzou vs FSU at the Rose Bowl for all the marbles

We can do it, it just won't be easy. If Wisconsin believes they can do it, Mizzou should too. Afterall, when has Wisconsin ever been a win away from the NCG? Never. Mizzou has done that twice (2007, 2013). I want to return to that level of play, and there's no reason we can't do it a Missouri

That 2013 team was loaded. Best team of the Pinkel era. I think they would have matched up better against Alabama, honestly, than Auburn. Maybe not well enough to win the league, but better (that Alabama team was still running a very pro-style offense, and Missouri's aggressive Tampa 2 matched up nicely against that).

Missouri CAN be a consistent top 25-30 program with a good coach. A few times a decade, that type of program can/should ascend and compete legitimately for a division title.

Unless they land an all-time great coach, that's probably the ceiling for now. And that's fine.

It's also the territory Clemson lived in until Swinney took it to the next level. So it's possible to stabilize and then ascend.

Best22 11-20-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13228929)
That 2013 team was loaded. Best team of the Pinkel era. I think they would have matched up better against Alabama, honestly, than Auburn. Maybe not well enough to win the league, but better (that Alabama team was still running a very pro-style offense, and Missouri's aggressive Tampa 2 matched up nicely against that).

Missouri CAN be a consistent top 25-30 program with a good coach. A few times a decade, that type of program can/should ascend and compete legitimately for a division title.

Unless they land an all-time great coach, that's probably the ceiling for now. And that's fine.

It's also the territory Clemson lived in until Swinney took it to the next level. So it's possible to stabilize and then ascend.

I'm not sure about Clemson. That was always a great job. Surrounded by talent, solid tradition, rabid fanbase, pure football school.

I think we're more like South Carolina. Potential yet to be fully realized

DJ's left nut 11-20-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13229008)
I'm not sure about Clemson. That was always a great job. Surrounded by talent, solid tradition, rabid fanbase, pure football school.

I think we're more like South Carolina. Potential yet to be fully realized

And I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be worried about some sleeping giant that is Tennessee football.

That fanbase has always believed that program is better than it is. It isn't as though TN is a hotbed of football talent or anything. Johnny Majors was essentially their version of Gary Pinkel; good coach for a long time that never quite got over the hump. He made them relevant again much in the same way that Pinkel finally pushed Mizzou past the ignominy of the Widenhofer/Stull years.

And then Fulmer came along, continued a similar trend but won that one key game that Pinkel couldn't win (damn you, Oklahoma...) that built on what Majors accomplished before him.

Tennessee has no cause to be considered obviously better than Missouri, regardless of what their fans or the pundits think.

Florida can make that claim but they're dealing with so much competition for FL kids that it makes it pretty hard for them to stay on top for any appreciable period of time as well. With Florida State always being FSU and Miami constantly lurking in the shadows, not to mention the fact that everyone in the SEC makes it a goal to poach from FL, I'm not going to just concede that FL should be a perennial powerhouse.

Georgia scares me more than either of those 2. GA has a great talent base and far less competition from in-school powers for them. If UGA got the right coach (and they might have him), they could be set up for some pretty long-term domination due to legitimate logistical advantages they have.

Mizzou could be considered on par with South Carolina if you wanted to go that route, sure. But they have the ability to go toe to toe with TN.

KChiefs1 11-23-2017 10:52 PM

Someone needs to talk me out of dropping a grand on the Tigers tomorrow!

I've bet a C note the last couple of weeks for some easy money but I'm thinking of going big time tomorrow.

Should I stick to $100 or push it with a $1000?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-23-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13235026)

I've bet a C note the last couple of weeks for some easy money but I'm thinking of going big time tomorrow.

That's a lot of money to put on Mizzou, especially given how their defense performed in the second half. Arkansas isn't great, but they have looked better the last few weeks.

Titty Meat 11-23-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13229058)
And I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be worried about some sleeping giant that is Tennessee football.

That fanbase has always believed that program is better than it is. It isn't as though TN is a hotbed of football talent or anything. Johnny Majors was essentially their version of Gary Pinkel; good coach for a long time that never quite got over the hump. He made them relevant again much in the same way that Pinkel finally pushed Mizzou past the ignominy of the Widenhofer/Stull years.

And then Fulmer came along, continued a similar trend but won that one key game that Pinkel couldn't win (damn you, Oklahoma...) that built on what Majors accomplished before him.

Tennessee has no cause to be considered obviously better than Missouri, regardless of what their fans or the pundits think.

Florida can make that claim but they're dealing with so much competition for FL kids that it makes it pretty hard for them to stay on top for any appreciable period of time as well. With Florida State always being FSU and Miami constantly lurking in the shadows, not to mention the fact that everyone in the SEC makes it a goal to poach from FL, I'm not going to just concede that FL should be a perennial powerhouse.

Georgia scares me more than either of those 2. GA has a great talent base and far less competition from in-school powers for them. If UGA got the right coach (and they might have him), they could be set up for some pretty long-term domination due to legitimate logistical advantages they have.

Mizzou could be considered on par with South Carolina if you wanted to go that route, sure. But they have the ability to go toe to toe with TN.

Tennessee has proven they can put together top 10 classes. If they ever had a competent coach they could be an easy playoff team. I don't think Currie is a good AD and could see them hiring a guy like Mullen who IMO ceiling is 9-10 wins.

BryanBusby 11-23-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13235026)

I'd feel more comfortable about paying a hooker $100 to choke me out in the shower than any money riding anything Mizzou, ever.

Frazod 11-24-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13235064)
I'd feel more comfortable about paying a hooker $100 to choke me out in the shower than any money riding anything Mizzou, ever.

LMAO

KChiefs1 11-24-2017 10:27 AM

Ok. You guys talked me out of it.

KChiefs1 11-24-2017 10:43 AM

Damn. Just called my bookie & he can get me Mizzou -7 today. I only bet a C note but I really wanted to go hard on it.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2017 12:48 PM

Go for 10 grand

Sassy Squatch 11-24-2017 01:43 PM

Good throw there, Lock.

Frazod 11-24-2017 01:45 PM

This is starting well. :banghead:

Pepe Silvia 11-24-2017 02:18 PM

Those deep passes will be there all day long, won't stop them.

Titty Meat 11-24-2017 02:22 PM

Not a good start

petegz28 11-24-2017 02:24 PM

getting ass whipped

Sassy Squatch 11-24-2017 02:26 PM

Cool I can go do more productive things, like jack off and eat leftovers.

kepp 11-24-2017 02:26 PM

Here's the old Mizzou team

Pepe Silvia 11-24-2017 02:27 PM

Still can't beat a team that has a pulse in any way shape or form. Allen is better than any QB they've played in several weeks.

baitism 11-24-2017 02:28 PM

Running into your own blocker...

Frazod 11-24-2017 02:49 PM

Way to shit all over great field position. :facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2017 03:00 PM

That's why you don't bet on a team whose defense played like that during the second half last week.

Titty Meat 11-24-2017 03:01 PM

Damn Lock can fling it. What round is he projected in?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13235427)
Damn Lock can fling it. What round is he projected in?

Always had a cannon. The issue is his touch.

Titty Meat 11-24-2017 03:05 PM

I don't get how Arkansas is so bad. Bert was a damn good coach at Wisconsin.

Titty Meat 11-24-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13235430)
Always had a cannon. The issue is his touch.

Sounds like T.Bray without the 50 IQ.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13235431)
I don't get how Arkansas is so bad. Bert was a damn good coach at Wisconsin.

* Obligatory conference bashing post. *

WhawhaWhat 11-24-2017 03:19 PM

If Mizzou can score here, Arkansas might fold up the tents.

Sassy Squatch 11-24-2017 03:20 PM

LMAO at the commentator. "Yeah, that's illegal."

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2017 03:22 PM

Catch the ****ing ball, Moore.

Sassy Squatch 11-24-2017 03:22 PM

Moore has the hand eye coordination of a reeruned sea lion.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2017 03:23 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ, Moore. Get the **** out.