ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Rex Ryan as new DC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320807)

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 14064974)
Scheme is terrible. It relies on top end talent to execute. Has no flexibility to move people around. Players just stay in the same spot with the same responsibilities all game. That's how that scheme has always been minus a few outliers.

Again you are wrong, I don't blame you if you don't watch alot of football. But Ryan is known for his exotic blitz and defense alignments.

mcaj22 01-22-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064984)
Again you are wrong, I don't blame you if you don't watch alot of football. But Ryan is known for his exotic blitz and defense alignments.

Which he needs top end talent to pull off. Which the Chiefs do not have.

oldman 01-22-2019 05:01 PM

If they change the scheme, rely on the KISS principle at first. Add the whistles and bells later. We can't have a repeat of guys wondering where they are supposed to be or what their assignment is.

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 14064987)
Which he needs top end talent to pull off. Which the Chiefs do not have.

Oh,

We do not have pass rushing talent? Interesting......... I mean I could have swore we did.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064984)

Not in Buffalo. Complicated defense alignments. Very limited blitzing. Arguably got away with blitzing heavily in my because he knew Revis would shut his part of the field down.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14065001)
Oh,

We do not have pass rushing talent? Interesting......... I mean I could have swore we did.

You've got Ford who is going to need a new contract, a highly paid pass rusher in Houston and Jones....who is going to need a new contract. So no....we're not exactly stacked right now.

mcaj22 01-22-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14065001)
Oh,

yea that talent really helped on Sunday to the tune of 0 sacks and you want to keep the scheme the same.

crazycoffey 01-22-2019 05:22 PM

Scheme is similar, so no big overhaul on personel.

Andy NEEDS a stronger presence for the D, and maybe an experienced voice in the film room to improve his play calling and clock management.

Del Rio fits this bill too.

Would rather get Brian Flores, since he’s listed as a LB coach for the patriots; a promotiond to DC for us would be great. But I hear he’s getting HC consideration.

But Ryan hates the patriots, so that’s nice.

IDK. I want the d to improve. We don’t have to be the best D, but ****. When it’s not working for 4 quarters, can we get a guy who does something different? Rex just might fit that order.... so your research Clark/Andy. I’m not saying no to Rex, but there might be a better option.

How do we feel about Pagano, Kris Richard, Hell; anyone ok with singletary?

KC Hawks 01-22-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 14065103)
Scheme is similar, so no big overhaul on personel.

Andy NEEDS a stronger presence for the D, and maybe an experienced voice in the film room to improve his play calling and clock management.

Del Rio fits this bill too.

Would rather get Brian Flores, since he’s listed as a LB coach for the patriots; a promotiond to DC for us would be great. But I hear he’s getting HC consideration.

But Ryan hates the patriots, so that’s nice.

IDK. I want the d to improve. We don’t have to be the best D, but ****. When it’s not working for 4 quarters, can we get a guy who does something different? Rex just might fit that order.... so your research Clark/Andy. I’m not saying no to Rex, but there might be a better option.

How do we feel about Pagano, Kris Richard, Hell; anyone ok with singletary?

The Dolphins hired Flores as HC.

tk13 01-22-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064963)
And didn't have near the career success Ryan has had.

What success is that? A dad who coached the greatest defense of all time?

He was a D-line coach of the 2000 Ravens who are in that conversation as well, but he didn't even lead that defense. Marvin Lewis did. He eventually became the DC but those teams were LOADED in talent.

And those are all great things, but are we really going to hire someone based on what they did over a decade ago?

His last 5 seasons as a head coach he didn't have a top 10 scoring defense. They finished 20, 19, 19, 15 and 16 in scoring defense. The last time he had a top ranked defense the league was entirely different than it is now. You would have been laughed out of the league for using college spread ideas in an NFL offense.

Even with the Jets as head coach, his team allowed an average of 27 points per game against the Patriots.

He gives a great press conference though! So that'll be great! Sign him up!

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 14065013)
yea that talent really helped on Sunday to the tune of 0 sacks and you want to keep the scheme the same.

Again because Bob made no adjustments......

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 05:26 PM

He's not Spagnuolo, Allen, or Pagano. You've sold me.

crazycoffey 01-22-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 14065111)
The Dolphins hired Flores as HC.

I heard it was a possibility, not a done deal. Sooooo scratch him off the list. But he could’ve been a good hire.

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14065114)
What success is that? A dad who coached the greatest defense of all time?

He was a D-line coach of the 2000 Ravens who are in that conversation as well, but he didn't even lead that defense. Marvin Lewis did. He eventually became the DC but those teams were LOADED in talent.

And those are all great things, but are we really going to hire someone based on what they did over a decade ago?

His last 5 seasons as a head coach he didn't have a top 10 scoring defense. They finished 20, 19, 19, 15 and 16 in scoring defense. The last time he had a top ranked defense the league was entirely different than it is now. You would have been laughed out of the league for using college spread ideas in an NFL offense.

Even with the Jets as head coach, his team allowed an average of 27 points per game against the Patriots.

He gives a great press conference though! So that'll be great! Sign him up!

You can’t just use points, hence why I should the full body of work.

srvy 01-22-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14064382)
CP just got it's offseason burst. We're about to be completely ****ing divided on our DC.

What happened to anybody but Bob? Im just happy we moved on.