ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton Fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320806)

notorious 01-22-2019 02:39 PM

Ford and Sutton can share an Uber on the way out of KC.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14064385)
Ford and Sutton can share an Uber on the way out of KC.

Nah Tag and trade Ford at least get something

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 02:40 PM

I guess Bob wants to be a position coach somewhere?

I mean it would seem that they could've given him the opportunity to simply retire and I have to imagine they did. But if he wants to keep coaching, he's not going to 'retire' and then go look for a new job. I guess the alternative is that he had a couple years of guaranteed salary due to him and had he retired he wouldn't have gotten it, but even that could've been dealt with via a negotiated buyout and a graceful exit.

Just seems odd that a guy as loyal as Reid actually formally shitcanned him instead of giving him a soft landing.

Oh well - needed to be done and the 'how' isn't exactly relevant.

JakeF 01-22-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14064261)
So now we have to ask this question.

WHY THE **** WAS HE AROUND FOR 2018 IF THE TEAM AND PLAYERS WERE FRUSTRATEDWITH HIS LACK OF ADJUSTMENTS?!?

Because Andy doesn't like to fire people.

Good chance that Clark got involved this time.

TambaBerry 01-22-2019 02:43 PM

Thank ****ing god this shit stain is gone

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 02:46 PM

Steven Nelson, UFA, putting out celebratory images isn't exactly the best look.

Afterall, he got his ass ROASTED by a piss-poor double-move from a below average WR who hardly even tried to sell the first cut. That TD that Nelson gave up was truly horrific and one of the most critical plays of the game.

And again - dude's a free agent who isn't terribly likely to be back next season anyway.

I mean c'mon Steve - maybe you should just STFU here. You weren't exactly doing your job any better than ol' Bob was yesterday.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064413)

Afterall, he got his ass ROASTED by a piss-poor double-move from a below average WR who hardly even tried to sell the first cut. That TD that Nelson gave up was truly horrific and one of the most critical plays of the game.

And again - dude's a free agent who isn't terribly likely to be back next season anyway.

I mean c'mon Steve - maybe you should just STFU here. You weren't exactly doing your job any better than ol' Bob was yesterday.

Nelson hasn't shut the **** up all season long. I'll be glad when he's gone.

Iowanian 01-22-2019 02:50 PM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pZXqPpygK0lAk" width="480" height="288" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/pZXqPpygK0lAk">via GIPHY</a></p>

Abba-Dabba 01-22-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Maybe I'm not seeing it.

Is he celebrating his birthday or something?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-22-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Nelson Island has a higher population density than Java.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14064418)
Nelson hasn't shut the **** up all season long. I'll be glad when he's gone.

I wanted to come around on him, I truly did. My disdain for his selection is fairly well known but he'd developed a physical edge that I came to appreciate and hoped he could be a credible CB2 for us.

But he was ALWAYS mouthing and his fire was usually directed at...well anyone really. It was always someone else that needed some shit and never him.

And over the last half of the season he played like wang. I mean he got absolutely abused on that TD to Dorsett. He truly looked like he'd never seen an out and up before. I mean FFS man...what the hell are you doing there?

Yeah, I'm out on Nelson. And I understand that may mean overexposing Fuller out wide but so be it. If we're lucky we end up with a solid CB prospect in the draft who can work inside early and maybe get the game reps he needs to move outside late and put Fuller in a spot where he simply plays better, but one way or the other, a guy like Nelson just doesn't need to be here.

I understand that some guys need a chip on their shoulder to compete but that chip can't create a toxin in you. Oh...and you can't get your ass torched by a practice squad caliber player who's only in the league because he ran fast in gym shorts once.

Why Not? 01-22-2019 02:54 PM

THANK GOD!!!!

ghak99 01-22-2019 02:58 PM

Good riddance.

Now go get someone who can actually form a plan, react during a drive, and motivate players to rip someone's head off and shit down their neck.

TribalElder 01-22-2019 02:59 PM

Rejoice! If only this would have happened last year

wheeler08 01-22-2019 03:02 PM

I just hope we gut the entire defensive staff and let a young fresh guy from Seattle, Dallas, or Baltimore come in completely fresh. I swear to god if it’s Britt..... Don’t promote from within, its all AIDS pool
Not excited about REX either.