ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyler Bray vs Patrick Mahomes II competition for backup (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308912)

Rasputin 08-13-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13010012)
Competitor gonna' compete.

I love all this smoke I'm hearing about Shitty "stepping up" and "taking chances".
Okay, whatever.
Hell, go ahead and do it. It's so against his nature, it only serves to speed his demise.

Well yeah Alex is going start forcing things to be like Patrick but without his abilities he is going start throwing more picks. Then he will revert back to his ol self with checkdowns or running it out of bounds. Alex is gonna Alex. He will keep his job as long as this defense gives him short fields and special teams does it's thing that we can still pull out wins despite Alex Smith.

I'm glad he is trying to step it up and make plays we will see how that works out maybe with some success we won't have to worry about Patrick going in too soon. I feel good any time after break week though that Patrick could step in if needed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-13-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13010029)
Well yeah Alex is going start forcing things to be like Patrick but without his abilities he is going start throwing more picks. Then he will revert back to his ol self with checkdowns or running it out of bounds. Alex is gonna Alex. He will keep his job as long as this defense gives him short fields and special teams does it's thing that we can still pull out wins despite Alex Smith.

I'm glad he is trying to step it up and make plays we will see how that works out maybe with some success we won't have to worry about Patrick going in too soon. I feel good any time after break week though that Patrick could step in if needed.

Mahomes entered the draft explicitly telling all interested parties that;
a) NFL concepts were not foreign to him, and
b) He was NOT a project.
I believe he truly believed that at the time. I also believe that time spent with Reid prior to and after the draft showed him that those takes, though well-meaning, were half-truths at best, at least as it related to Reid and KC.
In other words, he did in fact have a lot to learn and some miles to run. What no anticipated, was how light-speed fast he has accomplished the tasks set before him.

The best thing Mahomes could do if given a true opportunity in the absence of Smith, is be the QB that the defense can rely on. If the defense hand you a turnover, go out and capitalize. Every time.
If you become THAT guy consistently, you are hands-down the starter for this team. WITHOUT exception.
And you know what?
I KNOW that is EXACTLY what he is going to do.

MahiMike 08-13-2017 02:53 PM

Wow, 40% for Bray?

Spott 08-13-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13010135)
Wow, 40% for Bray?

Hard to believe anyone voted for Bray. There's no way he will ever be more than a clipboard carrier.

Mike in SW-MO 08-13-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13010185)
Hard to believe anyone voted for Bray. There's no way he will ever be more than a clipboard carrier.

That was the poll. Who will be the clipboard carrier?

And remember, most of us voted at the start of camp. Before the throws to Kemp started.

Personally, I kept thinking there was a reason they paid Bray through 5 seasons. I never saw a hint in previous pre-season games but figured there had to be one.

Based on first game, I would probably switch my prediction.

I still hope Bray scrapes off 5 years of rust & provides some value, but suspect he will not.

Reerun_KC 08-13-2017 05:24 PM

5 years of rust? More like 5 wasted years on a player that will NEVER do squat in the NFL.

Rasputin 08-13-2017 06:09 PM

This was like a Mike Tyson first round Knock the **** Out.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-13-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13010185)

It's CP.

thegame214 09-01-2017 11:37 AM

This was a thing ROFL

jaa1025 09-01-2017 11:40 AM

I will eat crow. I didn't think it was possible for Mahomes, or any rookie QB, to come into this situation and grow as fast as he has. It's never happened in KC. It rarely happens in the NFL.

Just shows how great of a situation we have and how elite Mahomes could end up being.

Rasputin 09-01-2017 11:49 AM

At least 53 Butt ****ing Morons on Chiefs Planet :D

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 13007806)
I want Mahomes to be getting the 2nd string snaps. I don't want him to be the starter this year in the event of a prolonged absence by Smith.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why not?

thegame214 12-31-2017 06:16 PM

Lmao at the first pages

St. Patty's Fire 12-31-2017 06:19 PM

Hey, maybe Andy did that to set up Mahomes with a chance for a 4th quarter winning drive

Deberg_1990 11-16-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971358)
I still believe Bray will be the #2. This will be his fifth season in this system. He has more arm strength than Mahomes but it's really close. Mahomes has better accuracy and better mobility.

ROFL