ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lebron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292871)

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 11543172)
Kobe has much better footwork in the post, still does, has a better left hand, the ball handling in his prime was much better than LeBrons, his will to win and heart were never in question like it was with Lebron for a long time, has NEVER been scared of the big moment like LeBron has shown, was 1st team all D for several years, underrated passer, especially out of the post, Bron is just now learning how to play in the post, was a much better mid range and distance shooter for a long time. I saw him cut teams up when they tried to double him, all without freakish size to rely on to get to the hoop, which will increase your shooting %. Didn't have freakish size yet can dominate in the post. Constantly sets up teammates for open shots because he has 2-3 people chasing him, even now, Doesn't get rattled if he misses some shots, hit shots I have never seen anybody else hit, the best "bad" shot shooter I have ever seen. Those are not bad shots for him, makes it seem routine to where you believe anything he throws up has a chance. His overall skills are just off the hook, probably the most SKILLED player ever, that's why he has played for as long as he has. Even won titles with mangled fingers and knees that had to be drained during the playoffs. His kind will be missed and only comes around once in a generation. He is a throwback. Had to learn how to subjugate his game to play with Shaq. Not everybody could have won with Shaq, contrary to popular belief. Ain't that right Penny. He had to be Magic Jordan every game. "He needs to get everybody involved and take over in the 4th". He did more with less, meaning without freakish size that can cover up certain skill deficiencies.

I got plenty more but don't ask me again.

In case anyone missed the post I'm referencing, it's this one. Hilarious.

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:50 PM

One of his reasons that Kobe was better than LeBron was because "he gets his teammates involved." That was a Kobe strength over LeBron.

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:51 PM

He's never been afraid of the moment, but he's missed his last 8 postseason game winners and has shot a career 25% on clutch postseason shots. But he's not scared!

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:53 PM

Apparently, it was SO TOUGH to play with Shaq, the most dominant player in the NBA, Kobe had to be "Magic Jordan" just to win titles. Nevermind the fact in title 1 Kobe averaged 16 points on 37% shooting with 3.5 APG in the Finals. Magic Jordan!

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:53 PM

Kobe is an underrated passer out of the post. I guess that's a strength over LeBron? I think? What?

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:54 PM

His overall skills are "just off the hook." Huge point for Kobe there

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:55 PM

"Constantly sets up teammates for open shots..." We're talking about Kobe here? Are you sure you're watching Kobe Bryant?

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:57 PM

Are you trying to imply Kobe is better at defense than LeBron? He's not, but at least it's somewhat debatable

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:58 PM

I'll let him be the best bad shot shooter ever, though. Whatever the **** that means. Oh, but thanks for clarifying the bad shots Kobe takes aren't actually bad shots. Cuz I was confused

Hootie 06-11-2015 02:59 PM

And he won titles with mangled fingers and knees!? By golly! That's amazing !! Mangled fingers!

ARROW2 06-11-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11544793)
Your post you made about Kobe having to adapt to play with Shaq was one of the worst posts I've ever read in my life that, instead of ripping it apart (again), I'm just going to let it go. You clearly don't know what you're watching.

weak.

Kobe even said it himself he subjugated his game, especially in the finals because we had such a big advantage down low against the eastern teams. YOU clearly don't have a clue and you CLEARLY don't want to go get Gasol's "win shares" before Kobe and after Kobe because it would blow your little metric to smitherines.

Don't try to change the subject. If you can't produce those win shares. Don't EVER EVER EVER EVER suggest Gasol was the man when he played with Kobe, better yet, stop bringing them up as if they are the end all be all to ranking players.

I'm dropping the mike!!! You are dismissed.

DaNewGuy 06-11-2015 03:29 PM

And the crowd goes mild.......

ARROW2 06-11-2015 03:30 PM

Curry could use some of that courage right about now..

ARROW2 06-11-2015 03:31 PM

Produce the win shares for Gasol before Kobe and after Kobe.

eDave 06-11-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 11544867)
Produce the win shares for Gasol before Kobe and after Kobe.

When most people drop the mic, they don't come back...