ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Evolve27 has been temp banned and Thatguy is gone forever. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261592)

DaFace 07-21-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8757698)
Is there a rule on how old a thread must be (either from the original date of the thread, or the last date any given thread was last replied to), that constitutes said violation? The "Drink of Choice Tonight" and "Workout" threads are of potential concern to me... So many rules!

Only if you try and make everything in the world black and white. There's nothing wrong with bumping an old thread if there's a reason other than being obnoxious.

Bowser 07-21-2012 12:45 PM

Was it Joey that used to bump random shit at an ADD pace? I remember getting on here early one morning and seeing all these random threads with the last poster KurtCobain. That might have been the time when Bob Dole went on his Lock-A-Thread Rampage. Heh.

GloryDayz 07-21-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8757718)
Only if you try and make everything in the world. There's nothing wrong with bumping an old thread if there's a reason other than being obnoxious.

And if they're drinking an Obnoxious beer??? Ha! ;)

It's all good! I'll try not to be obnoxious... :D

Bugeater 07-21-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8757720)
Was it Joey that used to bump random shit at an ADD pace? I remember getting on here early one morning and seeing all these random threads with the last poster KurtCobain. That might have been the time when Bob Dole went on his Lock-A-Thread Rampage. Heh.

You may be thinking of this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157139

suzzer99 07-21-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8757101)
Let's just put it this way. Being racist is not against the rules. Posting racial slurs is.

There are lots of other sites on the internet with stricter rules than that. IE - when vailpass makes some veiled reference to monkeys and black people that he knows is just going to skirt the boundaries of what he can get away with - that would get him banned in most other moderated internet forum sites. At least from my experience.

Bwana 07-21-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 8757803)
There are lots of other sites on the internet with stricter rules than that. IE - when vailpass makes some veiled reference to monkeys and black people that he knows is just going to skirt the boundaries of what he can get away with - that would get him banned in most other moderated internet forum sites. At least from my experience.

So are you saying you want MORE rules, or are you just making a general observation?

Setsuna 07-21-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8757420)
Yes, the constant whining you do about every little thing with no need for any kind of solution is better than complaints regarding breaking actual rules to those who could do something about it.... the more passive aggressive, the better.

:hmmm: I don't think I like you. Not one bit.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-21-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8757720)

Sounds like a blueballs special.

patteeu 07-21-2012 09:43 PM

I don't know anything about Evolve27 so I don't have a comment about his banning.

I have two other relevant comments/questions for Phobia (or another moderator) though:

1. Before this "ban for bump" rule came about, it was my understanding that when you had something to post, it was polite (but not mandatory) to first see if there was a relevant existing thread in which to post it before starting a new thread. Baby Lee's bump about Fred Willard a great example. Is this preferable or should we err on the side of creating a new thread?

2. Could we either do away with the infraction system or start banning people who infract others for something that the mods determine isn't really a bannable offense?

Bugeater 07-21-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8758385)
I don't know anything about Evolve27 so I don't have a comment about his banning.

I have two other relevant comments/questions for Phobia (or another moderator) though:

1. Before this "ban for bump" rule came about, it was my understanding that when you had something to post, it was polite (but not mandatory) to first see if there was a relevant existing thread in which to post it before starting a new thread. Baby Lee's bump about Fred Willard a great example. Is this preferable or should we err on the side of creating a new thread?

2. Could we either do away with the infraction system or start banning people who infract others for something that the mods determine isn't really a bannable offense?

Bearcat's head is going to explode when he reads this.

patteeu 07-21-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8758388)
Bearcat's head is going to explode when he reads this.

Uh oh. I didn't read the whole thread before posting it. I guess I'm in trouble now.

ThatRaceCardGuy 07-21-2012 10:01 PM

"Old men who have no life, and take it out on the rest of us by bitching/crying/bleeding out their vaginas complaining about internet etiquette " for $500 Alex."

Q. "Reasons why Phobia and others like him complain so much"

Baby Lee 07-21-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 8758405)
"Old men who have no life, and take it out on the rest of us by bitching/crying/bleeding out their vaginas complaining about internet etiquette " for $500 Alex."

Q. "Reasons why Phobia and others like him complain so much"

That's not how Jeopardy works.

patteeu 07-21-2012 10:11 PM

OK, I read the thread now, and I'd still like a clarification on this rather than Bearcat's assurance that mods sometimes don't take notice of these things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8758385)

Beyond that, if I've been away for a week or two, come back and check my subscribed threads and find 4 threads (which are old at that point) that I want to post a relevant reply in, am I going to get banned?

BigMeatballDave 07-21-2012 10:14 PM

LOL @ patteeu for thinking this place is a democracy...