ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345487)

DJ's left nut 10-09-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16516531)
I hope that you never leave your dog unchained on your driveway. Lots of totally normal people can walk past, minding their own business with no interest in you, your house, your dog, or your children. If you own a lethal weapon, with a clearly random element to their personality, you have 100% responsibility for the safety of everyone that might encounter it.

Invisible fence.

But yeah, clearly don't have any control of my 'lethal weapon'.

Methinks you missed the point. Biggly.

cdcox 10-09-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16516574)
Invisible fence.

But yeah, clearly don't have any control of my 'lethal weapon'.

Methinks you missed the point. Biggly.

1. The person walking by has no knowledge of either the disposition of your dog or the presence of your invisible fence. Just rude at the very least. Maybe you live at the end of a long deserted street and no one ever walks by.

2. Would an invisible fence stop you from protecting your children from a threat? Pretend all you want, but an intent dog isn’t going to be stopped by an invisible fence.

ChiefsFanatic 10-09-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16514928)
Pitbulls make up less than 6% of the dog population, yet are responsible for more than 80% of dog related human fatalities in the US

I don't give a damn what anyone says, I wouldn't trust one of those ****ing dogs for one second

I do believe that how a dog is raised makes some difference, but as a child I was mauled by a German Shepherd who the owner claims was treated like a part of the family, and would never hurt anyone.

Ripped my cheek off, left me with about 10 scars on my face, and several more on the back of my head.

My point is, dogs that have literally been bred to be aggressive should not be around small children.

My ex MIL had a friend who had a toddler, and insisted that their pitbull would protect the baby. I said if they keep letting the toddler yank and pull on the dog, that eventually something bad would happen. The parents cussed me out, my ex MIL cussed me out, because their dog would never do anything.

Guess what? Yep, the dog attacked the 3 year old. I said that the child didn't deserve it, but the parents should have known better.

Basically, if you own an aggressive breed of dog, and you have small children, it's **** around and find out.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

rabblerouser 10-10-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16516177)
BLM yard sign, come on bruh LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16516226)
I'm gonna take a stab and say that the sign didn't belong to rr.

Janx is correct, and that is isn't a comment on Marxism or anyone's ideological beliefs; I do not put yard signs up. Ever.

My yard is neat and proper, like Hank Hill's. If Hank ever saw a yard sign in his yard, it was quickly removed, I tell ya whut.

https://i.ibb.co/64bdjK6/hank-hill-b...uobvq-350t.jpg

Couldn't resist the photo op - Black Labs Matter Easy6.

TLO 10-10-2022 06:58 AM

Hello

Eleazar 10-10-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16516565)

I'm talking about my specific pitty mix (the one in the photo) so I am being very serious.

The cat has bowed up on me twice since I got him. The pitty runs and hides if I so much as look or sound miffed.

Sure, many pits are dangerous but MINE isn't dangerous... Mine's a scaredy cat that wouldn't hurt a fly

This is a very familiar saying in threads where a dog did something "it's never done before" and tore apart somebody's kids

penguinz 10-10-2022 07:28 AM

Getting attacked by a dog is miserable even if no significant injuries.

If you ever get attacked by a dog contact your lawyer ASAP. Put the owners home insurance to use

Missouri is full liability state. The owner is 100% responsible for dog bites. The insurance company can only challenge the compensation not the liability.

tooge 10-10-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16514952)
Hate pitbulls and rots. Kill them all.

Pretty ignorant statement. So how do you feel about black men who are 6 percent of the population but account for 52 percent of murders? Kill em all?

Of course not. I've had two Greater Swiss Mountain dogs and a Rott. All three were the most gentle dogs I've ever had. My roommate in school had a Pitt and I'd wrestle around with that big baby all the time. Gentle as can be. You don't leave a toddler or infant with any dog. Your statement is ignorant. This tragedy is on mom and which ever kid was tormenting the dog.

rabblerouser 10-10-2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Hill (Post 16516732)
Hello

Sir, do you tolerate yard signs of any type being placed in, near, or around the vicinity of your yard?

notorious 10-10-2022 07:41 AM

I've seen first hand a well-raised family Pit go ****ing nuts over a 10 year old girl walking near a fence.

I thought it was going to take the chain link down trying to get to her. We told her and her dad to get in their car and wait.

I looked right at my friend and told him" You better get rid of that mother ****er or it's going to kill a kid".

Nicest guy ever, nicest family ever. Dog was great.

Just like someone that raises cougars, tigers, etc. They have stuff bred into them that you can not control.

seamonster 10-10-2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 16516769)
Pretty ignorant statement. So how do you feel about black men who are 6 percent of the population but account for 52 percent of murders? Kill em all?

Of course not. I've had two Greater Swiss Mountain dogs and a Rott. All three were the most gentle dogs I've ever had. My roommate in school had a Pitt and I'd wrestle around with that big baby all the time. Gentle as can be. You don't leave a toddler or infant with any dog. Your statement is ignorant. This tragedy is on mom and which ever kid was tormenting the dog.

Couldn't disagree more with this. I'd put a pure-bred Pit up against ANY other breed in a fight because they are bred to be apex dog fighters like a Doberman was bred to guard. And unlike Dobies, the Pit breeders have done a shit job of removing the gameness in Pits. Pit's represent the vast number of dog attack and it's not just the owners. this lady probably did everything in her power to care for these animals and they still mauled her and killed those kids when the switch went off.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 07:54 AM

Aggressive breeds are aggressive. There's only so much nurturing you can do to combat nature.

I have a new rescue that came out of the womb biting and growling. He's an aggressive breed and guess what? He's aggressive. Fortunately he only weighs 5 pounds.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2022 07:59 AM

Quote:

Silly. Dogs don't have the same rights as humans. Even not as many rights as humans that murder other humans.

Frazod 10-10-2022 08:10 AM

I've just never understood the need to have a dog like that as a pet. I get the protection issue, but there are better options available. As several people have mentioned, even the ones who are raised correctly by attentive, responsible owners can still snap for reasons known only to the them. You never think it will happen until it does. And while I'm not in the ban 'em all camp, I'm definitely in the wouldn't give a shit if they were banned camp.

MagicalFruit 10-10-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

The tragedy is on mom and dad for ever having a pittbull within striking distance of their children. **** those dogs, FR.