ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It’s Patrick Mahomes Week, baby. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312603)

splatbass 12-26-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 13309481)
If they start bray I will actively root against the chiefs for the 1 playoff game they will be in.

No actual Chiefs fan would ever root against the Chiefs in the playoffs.

You apparently don't "get" sports.

splatbass 12-26-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13309579)
Alex would be expected to win this game by a few TDs, so we should expect Pat to cruise to a 30 pt beatdown, am I right? Even without Tyreek and Kelce.

You could expect that, but it would be stupid. Mahomes has all the athletic skills, but it takes more than one season to learn Reid's offense. He will be playing a simplified offense, and won't be changing plays at the line of scrimmage. He'll also be throwing to 2nd stringers. All against a very stout defense.

TRR 12-27-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13309807)
Exactly.

I think its complete bullshit for Reid to throw him out there while the precious starters rest?! When the **** did THAT strategy ever work out for Andy Reid's Chiefs? Or for the Chiefs in general? This franchise gets lazy-stupid when you give them that time off. FACT.
If Denver were matching, it would be a different story.
But you know what? I've accepted a few things:

1) I have ultimate faith in Patrick Mahomes II regardless of how this stupid, butt****ing moron of a Reid "good idea" goes. If he wins great, if not, it was a MAMMOTH litmus test for the kid and will no doubt drive him HARD as he moves forward.

2) I have accepted that Andy Reid just can't resist being a butt****ing moron from time to time, and it's just something we're going to have to endure until Veach shores-up the defensive talent, and until the glorious day that Mahomes becomes the QB able to make up for Reid's VALLEY-WIDE deficiencies. And it IS going to happen, because Mahomes IS that ****ing good.

I have accepted some other things, but the above things will suffice for our upcoming Denver game.

If this is what we're doing, then **** it; strap-up and hit the ****ing war button. I'll be excited to watch a QB and squad that will treat this like the game of their lives as opposed to stupid ****ing dancing, pretending to shoot an arrow( in piss-poor, queer-assed form no less ), and the general, milquetoast, limp-fest that IS "The Shitty Experience".

So **** you, Reid. And GO CHIEFS.

All that bullshit verbiage above, and “sitting Mahomes = Pointless” in your signature. Classic!

Rausch 12-27-2017 08:07 AM

So we're benching Smith because we don't want him to get injured in a meaningless game because it might ruin our playoff chances.

Apparently we don't mind exposing our first round QBOTF to an injury in a meaningless game that could hurt our playoff chances for years to come.

Makes sense...

TRR 12-27-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13310093)
So we're benching Smith because we don't want him to get injured in a meaningless game because it might ruin our playoff chances.

Apparently we don't mind exposing our first round QBOTF to an injury in a meaningless game that could hurt our playoff chances for years to come.

Makes sense...

Yea Mahomes shouldn’t even practice! Way too risky. Just let him sit in a hyperbaric chamber until next year.

ptlyon 12-27-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Makes sense...

This guy gets it. I always knew I liked him, not just cuz he likes saurkraut in his lederhosen.

ptlyon 12-27-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 13310100)
Yea Mahomes shouldn’t even practice! Way too risky. Just let him sit in a hyperbaric chamber until next year.

Doesn't sound like he really is anyway

redfan 12-27-2017 08:14 AM

Has he been announced as the starter, yet?

TRR 12-27-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13310105)
Doesn't sound like he really is anyway

Scout team.

Rausch 12-27-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 13310100)

I wouldn't play Hill, Hunt, Kelcee, or Peters either.

Why?

Put Bray in there and some of our young defensive players to get some time.

Reerun_KC 12-27-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Makes sense...

Because chiefs.

Reerun_KC 12-27-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13309807)
Exactly.

I think its complete bullshit for Reid to throw him out there while the precious starters rest?! When the **** did THAT strategy ever work out for Andy Reid's Chiefs? Or for the Chiefs in general? This franchise gets lazy-stupid when you give them that time off. FACT.
If Denver were matching, it would be a different story.
But you know what? I've accepted a few things:

1) I have ultimate faith in Patrick Mahomes II regardless of how this stupid, butt****ing moron of a Reid "good idea" goes. If he wins great, if not, it was a MAMMOTH litmus test for the kid and will no doubt drive him HARD as he moves forward.

2) I have accepted that Andy Reid just can't resist being a butt****ing moron from time to time, and it's just something we're going to have to endure until Veach shores-up the defensive talent, and until the glorious day that Mahomes becomes the QB able to make up for Reid's VALLEY-WIDE deficiencies. And it IS going to happen, because Mahomes IS that ****ing good.

I have accepted some other things, but the above things will suffice for our upcoming Denver game.

If this is what we're doing, then **** it; strap-up and hit the ****ing war button. I'll be excited to watch a QB and squad that will treat this like the game of their lives as opposed to stupid ****ing dancing, pretending to shoot an arrow( in piss-poor, queer-assed form no less ), and the general, milquetoast, limp-fest that IS "The Shitty Experience".

So **** you, Reid. And GO CHIEFS.

You’re nuttier than a squirrel turd most of the time. But this is a solid take. Lots of truth in spots.

Rausch 12-27-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13310113)
Because chiefs.

Don't get me wrong - I'll now watch the game this weekend instead of skipping it and cleaning out the attic or something. It made me want to watch a meaningless game.

It's just probably not the smartest thing to do...

Reerun_KC 12-27-2017 08:23 AM

It’s Patrick Mahomes Week, baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13310112)
I wouldn't play Hill, Hunt, Kelcee, or Peters either.

Why?

Put Bray in there and some of our young defensive players to get some time.

I think it would be comical to see VonnieM break Bray over like a double barrel shotgun and Ram his fist up his ass.

Bray is pointless. He gets more praise and support for contributing absolutely nothing. Chiefs fan are a strange bread of weird.

Rausch 12-27-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13310122)
I think it would be comical to see VonnieM break Bray over like a double barrel shotgun and Ram his fist up his ass.

Bray is pointless. He gets more praise and support for contributing absolutely nothing. Chiefs fan are a strange bread of weird.

The fact he is completely useless is WHY I would start him...:spock: