ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

BossChief 05-01-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12852489)
Got ya by a fair amount at +301.

So my combined score this year was better than last year's though my best team last year was better than my best team this year.

Come at me, bro. I'm pretty sure I have back to back Ws in the Mock...

You might have the best combined score, but I think my draft for KC might be the highest score this year for a single team.

Rain Man 05-01-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12852502)
Worthless breakdown of my hypothetical alternate draft from my previous draft breakdown post

Spoiler!

I'm going to step in here and make a ruling that you shouldn't get points for Pumphrey. No one should get points for drafting a 176 pound guy who barely breaks a 4.5 in the 40 and does 5 reps in the bench press.

For some reason I'm fixated on this guy. He's on the low end of every measurable and still got drafted. How does a person accomplish that?

chiefscafan 05-02-2017 06:16 AM

Gonna be honest I agree with Rainman

I think it's more what they do next year than where they were picked.

Sfeihc 05-02-2017 07:35 AM

My Orlosky pick for the Ravens marred what otherwise is a nice collection of new talent for the roster.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DJ's left nut 05-02-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12854008)
Gonna be honest I agree with Rainman

I think it's more what they do next year than where they were picked.

Both are interesting.

The problem with results is that there's no telling how a player going to a particular team impacted that. Meanwhile, the actual draft outcome is a 'scoreboard'. It is a pretty inescapable statement of what the NFL thought of these players as prospects at the moment they were drafted.

I think that's a more than fair barometer for how well we did in the draft itself. Then at seasons end, you take a look at how well your prospects did in their new homes.

Besides, a rookie year doesn't ultimately mean much and I'm not going back to a 3-year view of these damn things every season. Moreover, there's no uniform standard you could really apply that would work across all draft boards (how to you measure a guards performance, for instance). Meanwhile the draft slotting 'score' is a concrete number; an obvious score.

chiefscafan 05-04-2017 02:58 PM

I agree only problem maybe u know something that the scouts don't or see something they don't. I judge it by performance though but I can figure it out later this week.

Rain Man 05-04-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12854148)
Both are interesting.

The problem with results is that there's no telling how a player going to a particular team impacted that. Meanwhile, the actual draft outcome is a 'scoreboard'. It is a pretty inescapable statement of what the NFL thought of these players as prospects at the moment they were drafted.

I think that's a more than fair barometer for how well we did in the draft itself. Then at seasons end, you take a look at how well your prospects did in their new homes.

Besides, a rookie year doesn't ultimately mean much and I'm not going back to a 3-year view of these damn things every season. Moreover, there's no uniform standard you could really apply that would work across all draft boards (how to you measure a guards performance, for instance). Meanwhile the draft slotting 'score' is a concrete number; an obvious score.

I was about to ask if we've gone back three years later to see who really was the king of the draft. These have been going on for a while, right?

(And I was kidding about not counting Pumphrey, though I still can't figure him out. He'd better be the most elusive guy on the planet.)

Titty Meat 09-12-2017 09:55 PM

Watt and Hunt kicked ass!

BossChief 10-24-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12851861)
Mahomes was a +17
Williams was a +49
Douglas was a +5
Vanderdoes is a +44
-19 for Tim Williams
Mack Hollins was a +62
Joe Williams was a +95
Blair Brown was a +22

Cooper and Rehnkow didn't get picked

Rehnkow cost me -9
Cooper was a -36

Overall, my Chiefs draft was a +230

Bossreach, indeed.

That would have been a killer draft for KC.

Rasul Douglas and Marcus Williams would have been a huge help to our defense right now. MackHollins would have been nice on offense. Tim Williams would be helping the pass rush...oh well.

BossChief 04-05-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12812516)
I still like my Vanderdoes pick, but that's probably the one I'd take back at this point and replace with Kittle. I just didn't think 3 TEs would go off the board by the Chiefs next pick and that I'd have at least one that I liked at the next pick. Oh well. Vanderdoes has stud potential so I'm good with it, but Kittle and Kelce would have been a damn good set of TEs for Andy's 2TE sets he loves so much.

Taking Vanderdoes over Kittle...still burns.

Titty Meat 04-06-2021 03:45 PM

How the **** did Mahomes fall to 26 LMAO

Kellerfox 04-06-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15617587)
How the **** did Mahomes fall to 26 LMAO

How the **** did he fall to 10? ROFL

htismaqe 04-06-2021 10:52 PM

Why bump this?

BossChief 04-12-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15617823)
Why bump this?

I was rereading through the thread and enjoying how it’s played out.

Does it bother you that I bumped this draft thread?

htismaqe 04-12-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15625063)
I was rereading through the thread and enjoying how it’s played out.

Does it bother you that I bumped this draft thread?

Bother me? No.

I find it pretty funny though.