ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

DeepSouth 05-30-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12894118)
The only member of that trio who makes sense to me to pay what they'll command is Moustakas.

Cain's injury history makes him too big a risk for Kansas City. Hosmer just isn't as exceptional as the contract he'll demand (and honestly, only the criticism he'd receive in a major market is enough for him to fix the problems with his swing that prevent him from hitting for the power he should).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the downfall of Gordon after the big contract, I will not be disappointed if they don't sign any of them to big contracts. Plus, rumors that Moose wants to play on the west coast. What I wouldn't mind happening, trade Vargas before the deadline and then resign him in the off season.

Bowser 05-30-2017 10:42 AM

I'm probably one of the football fans Duncan is talking about, and I'll own that.

It's been frustrating watching them flounder 18 months out from a championship, and I've probably said/suggested things that someone with a better understanding of the game would roll their eyes at. I just don't see a quick fix with this lineup or team, and I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get the Royals back to '15 status.

It's a shame they're slumping like this now with the potential TV deal they have coming up for them...

Titty Meat 05-30-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12894127)
I'm probably one of the football fans Duncan is talking about, and I'll own that.

It's been frustrating watching them flounder 18 months out from a championship, and I've probably said/suggested things that someone with a better understanding of the game would roll their eyes at. I just don't see a quick fix with this lineup or team, and I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get the Royals back to '15 status.

It's a shame they're slumping like this now with the potential TV deal they have coming up for them...

Dont let Duncans passive aggressiveness get you down. This thread has alot of guys with egos. Bowser you and I are saying the same thing these folks are saying.

The team wont be a contender for 5-10 years.

duncan_idaho 05-30-2017 11:07 AM

*** Official 2017 Royals Repository ***

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12894127)

Nope. Specifically aimed at one individual who has been trolling Royals threads for years.

Since he thinks I'm being passive aggressive, I'll just come out and say it:

Hey, Billay: **** off.

duncan_idaho 05-30-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 12894115)
I'd like to think there is potential in Omaha.
Duncan what's the deal on Pitcher Jonathan Dziedzic (3-1 in 5 starts, .094 ERA) and SS Ramon Torres (batting .330 with 5 HR's). Never hear anything about these guys but they seem to be putting up good numbers at AAA.

There's some, but those guys are really just organizational filler.

Mondesi
Staumont

Are the main guys to watch. I suppose you could watch Starling if you like inflicting pain upon yourself.

Titty Meat 05-30-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12894153)
Nope. Specifically aimed at one individual who has been trolling Royals threads for years.

ROFL

funny im the one whos trolling when I said 2 weeks ago if the team folded in its 3 game stand against the first place team when at the time they were only 5 out should look into selling with the draft about a month out at that point it would make total sense for the franchise to look that way. I was mocked and flamed which is trolling but of course nobody was threatened to be banned from this thread and now just a few weeks later everyone is saying what I had said yet im the troll.

Bowser 05-30-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12894153)

LMAO

Fair enough. Heh.

Titty Meat 05-30-2017 11:28 AM

Im going to voluntarily leave this thread alone as it is clear several posters in here are butthurt and pushing for me to get banned. Before I leave I would like to point out the 3 things Ive stated thst others said were trolling somehow.

-I stated this team setup to make this a make or break year by going all in. I will admit this statement might not have been factual as pointed out by many in here.

-I stated this city is a fairweather baseball city. Attendance is down as one poster stated it will go up once school is out. Were only a few weeks into summer the numbers still suck so at best my statement was incomplete but we can visit it again in September.

- I stated this team should go into sell mode after they dropped a perfect chance at getting back into the race a few weeks ago. This statement was factual and now many of you agree but wont want to admit you agree with me. It has nothing to do with just Duffys injury there are many many flaws with this team.

And with that im out. I have nothing personal against any of you but I hope you can accept this team isnt very good and wont be for awhile.

Have a great day!

ChiTown 05-30-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12894183)
Im going to voluntarily leave this thread alone as it is clear several posters in here are butthurt and pushing for me to get banned. Before I leave I would like to point out the 3 things Ive stated thst others said were trolling somehow.

-I stated this team setup to make this a make or break year by going all in. I will admit this statement might not have been factual as pointed out by many in here.

-I stated this city is a fairweather baseball city. Attendance is down as one poster stated it will go up once school is out. Were only a few weeks into summer the numbers still suck so at best my statement was incomplete but we can visit it again in September.

- I stated this team should go into sell mode after they dropped a perfect chance at getting back into the race a few weeks ago. This statement was factual and now many of you agree but wont want to admit you agree with me. It has nothing to do with just Duffys injury there are many many flaws with this team.

And with that im out. I have nothing personal against any of you but I hope you can accept this team isnt very good and wont be for awhile.

Have a great day!

I can accept the fact that you are a ****ing moron, and that you don't know shit about baseball.

So yeah, see ya!

BWillie 05-30-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12894159)
There's some, but those guys are really just organizational filler.

Mondesi
Staumont

Are the main guys to watch. I suppose you could watch Starling if you like inflicting pain upon yourself.

Nicky Lopez!!! He's my guy. Creighton product. Hitting better than people thought. Walks about 1.5 times more than he K's. Supposed to be a good defender at SS. What have you heard about this cat?

BWillie 05-30-2017 11:37 AM

How are the Royals so anemic on offense? Must be hitting with RISP and of course Esky & Gordo. 5 guys now with .799 or above OPS: Hosmer, Bonifacio, Merrifield, Perez, Moose.

Bowser 05-30-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12894201)
How are the Royals so anemic on offense? Must be hitting with RISP and of course Esky & Gordo. 5 guys now with .799 or above OPS: Hosmer, Bonifacio, Merrifield, Perez, Moose.

What was the stat they flashed during the game last night - they're hitting under .100 with RISP over the last two weeks, or something similar to that. Embarrassingly awful.

ChiTown 05-30-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12894201)

You can't have 3 guys who are consistently in your lineup with these stats:

Gordon - .176/.292/.501- 9 RBI and NO ****ING HR'S - Team's highest paid contract
Moss - .190/.264/.712 - Designated Hitter - 42K's in 116 AB's
Esky - .179/.206/.438 -Leadoff Hitter not getting on base - LEADOFF!!

Bowser 05-30-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 12894219)
You can't have 3 guys who are consistently in your lineup with these stats:

Gordon - .176/.292/.501- 9 RBI and NO ****ING HR'S - Team's highest paid contract
Moss - .190/.264/.712 - Designated Hitter - 42K's in 116 AB's
Esky - .179/.206/.438 -Leadoff Hitter not getting on base - LEADOFF!!

Brutal

Is Alex's problem as simple as he's acutely aware he's the highest paid guy on the team, and he's just pressing like hell at the plate?

ChiTown 05-30-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12894222)
Brutal

Is Alex's problem as simple as he's acutely aware he's the highest paid guy on the team, and he's just pressing like hell at the plate?

:shrug:
He hasn't been the same since the collision injury with Moose. His complete lack of power is obscene