ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293234)

Fire Me Boy! 05-05-2019 03:44 PM

Now for the glaze. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5d07bd54e4.jpg

srvy 05-05-2019 03:59 PM

Wow looks good FMB.

GloryDayz 05-05-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14253859)

Nice... Very nice...

TambaBerry 05-05-2019 04:40 PM

My ribs were good flavor wise but not the most tender. Do I meed to cook them closer to 200?

cooper barrett 05-05-2019 04:45 PM

longer is the trick, getting them hotter is not the cure all. It's a balance kind of thing.

Did you brine them?

Fire Me Boy! 05-05-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14253923)
My ribs were good flavor wise but not the most tender. Do I meed to cook them closer to 200?

Did you wrap? I cook at 275 for about 2 hours, until the rub won't rub off. Then wrap for 1 hour then check for tenderness. When they're done, I glaze with sauce and then back on for 20 minutes. Best ribs I've made today. Perfect bite.

BryanBusby 05-05-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14253923)

Cook them until they have a nice bend. Best way to tell if they're done or not.

I've done foiled and without hundreds of times and really it just comes down to letting them cook long enough and doneness doesn't really dictate if I wrap or not.

If I want more smokey ribs, I leave them bare and if I want them more sweet than I'll wrap.

GloryDayz 05-05-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14254056)
Did you wrap? I cook at 275 for about 2 hours, until the rub won't rub off. Then wrap for 1 hour then check for tenderness. When they're done, I glaze with sauce and then back on for 20 minutes. Best ribs I've made today. Perfect bite.

Pretty much exactly how I do it. I still do the mustard thing because, well, it's awesome, and you don't mess with awesome...

cooper barrett 05-05-2019 08:59 PM

Mayo is a very good base for rub...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14254232)
Pretty much exactly how I do it. I still do the mustard thing because, well, it's awesome, and you don't mess with awesome...

GloryDayz 05-05-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 14254255)
Mayo is a very good base for rub...

Done that too, I have an employee in MI who swears by it, but I prefer mustard.

Wonderful 1st world problems...

cooper barrett 05-05-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14254056)

Was there any bark on the ribs or "all bite"

Fire Me Boy! 05-05-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 14254301)
Was there any bark on the ribs or "all bite"

Some. Not a ton.

Fire Me Boy! 05-05-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14254292)
Done that too, I have an employee in MI who swears by it, but I prefer mustard.

Wonderful 1st world problems...

I like a mustard schmear for rubs, too.

philfree 05-06-2019 01:07 AM

Oh holy crap! I'm waiting for the last smoker to cool off so I can put the cover on it before it rains. I just finished a 13 hour cook on stick burners. I'm dead. I simulated a BBQ Competition so I smoked a pork butt, brisket, ribs and some cupcake chicken. I was to tired to make burnt ends. I figured on a 12 hour cook but the pork butt was struggling to get up to temp so it took longer. The ribs were a little undercooked so I put them back on with the butt. Hardest thing with my BBQ Pitt is the seven steps down and back up to the deck to the back door. That little flight of steps damn near killed me.

I was going to start my cook at midnight so I could deliver it hot and fresh to work tomorrow for my employees. It looked like it was going to rain overnight so I started it a noon and figured I'd just have to heat it up in the oven in the morning.

That was a lot of work.....my feet hurt and my legs are dead..

Fire Me Boy! 05-06-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14254466)
Oh holy crap! I'm waiting for the last smoker to cool off so I can put the cover on it before it rains. I just finished a 13 hour cook on stick burners. I'm dead. I simulated a BBQ Competition so I smoked a pork butt, brisket, ribs and some cupcake chicken. I was to tired to make burnt ends. I figured on a 12 hour cook but the pork butt was struggling to get up to temp so it took longer. The ribs were a little undercooked so I put them back on with the butt. Hardest thing with my BBQ Pitt is the seven steps down and back up to the deck to the back door. That little flight of steps damn near killed me.

I was going to start my cook at midnight so I could deliver it hot and fresh to work tomorrow for my employees. It looked like it was going to rain overnight so I started it a noon and figured I'd just have to heat it up in the oven in the morning.

That was a lot of work.....my feet hurt and my legs are dead..

Would you detail your method for the chicken?