ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

Titty Meat 08-07-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13663481)
How has that worked out for the Packers once Rodgers had to get paid?

Even if he is Rodgers, it's hard as hell to win a SB with your QB taking up such a big portion of the cap.

Similar to what has happened in Seattle, you've gotta push for it while your QB is on a rookie contract.

Seattle didnt sign a bunch of guys. They won because they had a good QB and a historically great draft. Sure they signed guys here and there but never had to go out and acquire talent when someone went down. It was next man up + The strength of their amazing drafting + A franchise QB.

BossChief 08-07-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13664042)
Who got us those guys though?

Nutt and Veach did the dirty work

BossChief 08-07-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13664044)
Seattle didnt sign a bunch of guys. They won because they had a good QB and a historically great draft. Sure they signed guys here and there but never had to go out and acquire talent when someone went down. It was next man up + The strength of their amazing drafting + A franchise QB.

And a players coach that developed the young talent

NJChiefsFan 08-07-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13664049)

Link? Why wasn't Veach getting credit at the time when we all were giving it to Dorsey?

Bewbies 08-07-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13664042)
Who got us those guys though?

Unfortunately the only guy who did anything to get those guys is gone. He didn’t have any scouts, coaches or assistants to help him. It was a complete one man show.

-King- 08-07-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13664049)

Dorsey got them. You can just say Dorsey.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 08-07-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13664101)
Unfortunately the only guy who did anything to get those guys is gone. He didn’t have any scouts, coaches or assistants to help him. It was a complete one man show.

You are correct however that thought process also applies to those saying Dorsey was not the reason they were drafted and giving all the credit to area scouts and none to him.

Titty Meat 08-07-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13664101)

Yeah you're right Dorsey was terrible I forgot this is CP. Draft a narrative that fits the template of your argument.

So Dorsey overspent but not not only do you guys want to give up a precious draft pick for an alright safety we also need to extend him.

Give me a break.

Titty Meat 08-07-2018 09:50 PM

Or we could trust the same coaches who have coached up talent before save our pick and money then used said draft pick to build depth/starter next year and use the money on keeping our own talent.

Again you folks are being desperate. Veach has a plan and its obvious that plan isnt going all out this year. It's about building talent and letting Pat develope.

Willie Lanier 08-07-2018 09:50 PM

To those of you that have had the privilege of attending, how has Tanoh looked?

NJChiefsFan 08-07-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13664108)
Yeah you're right Dorsey was terrible I forgot this is CP. Draft a narrative that fits the template of your argument.

So Dorsey overspent but not not only do you guys want to give up a precious draft pick for an alright safety we also need to extend him.

Give me a break.

While I'm on your side with this point, bewbies never said Dorsey was terrible. That's a bit of creating a narrative yourself.

BossChief 08-07-2018 10:14 PM

Dorsey was good at drafting because he trusted his scouts with their opinions.

Listen to interviews after each draft of Dorsey’s and specifically to Veach and Nutt talking about their thoughts on each pick.

There’s one other scout I want to list but I can’t think of his name.

I’m a Dorsey fan, but his flaws were his inability to sign cost effective extensions, sign free agents and didn’t communicate well with some in the FO.

There’s a reason he was let go in favor of Veach and that Nutt was promoted.

Seriously, go listen to Veach and Nutt talk after each draft.

They had every bit as much to do with the solid drafts as Dorsey did.

NJChiefsFan 08-07-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13664153)
Dorsey was good at drafting because he trusted his scouts with their opinions.

Listen to interviews after each draft of Dorsey’s and specifically to Veach and Nutt talking about their thoughts on each pick.

There’s one other scout I want to list but I can’t think of his name.

I’m a Dorsey fan, but his flaws were his inability to sign cost effective extensions, sign free agents and didn’t communicate well with some in the FO.

There’s a reason he was let go in favor of Veach and that Nutt was promoted.

Seriously, go listen to Veach and Nutt talk after each draft.

They had every bit as much to do with the solid drafts as Dorsey did.

That's a lot different than your original post basically stating that it was Veach that made those picks and Dorsey had nothing to do with it.

BossChief 08-07-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13664158)
That's a lot different than your original post basically stating that it was Veach that made those picks and Dorsey had nothing to do with it.

Read it again.

I said they did the dirty work.

Dorsey put the pieces together...Veach and Nutt got the pieces.

Dante84 08-07-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13664105)
Dorsey got them. You can just say Dorsey.
Posted via Mobile Device

Veach is a Reid guy.