ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Anyong Bluth 06-23-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12925955)
Well, a couple of us were right about the lantern/fire prediction.

Kim looks great, and she's 45. I took notice when she was in a tank top and pj's.

I'm about 95% sure she has had some plastic surgery done. She looks better than previous seasons, and it's very subtle. I'm not criticizing or pointing it out in judgment.
Everyone gets older, and there's nothing wrong with deciding to do something about it if you want to.

I actually didn't know she's 45. Good for her!

Anyong Bluth 06-23-2017 04:45 PM

This season was fantastic, even though the final 2 episodes were a bit of a slower crawl, and not a cliffhanger to cap it.

What I really was surprised and liked was towards the beginning of the season and Mike's game of cat and mouse. Over the course of 2 or 3 episodes, they managed to fill about 40 minutes of him investigating will barely a word of dialogue. Yet it was interesting and entertaining - at least from my perspective.

This show is fantastic, and even more refined than BB. The writing is tighter, and the storyline more focused. It's not a knock on BB. The previous work on BB I'm sure was necessary to the tighter writing and a knowing where exactly they want to take the storyline.

notorious 06-23-2017 07:21 PM

It looks like Gus knows about Nacho BTW.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-23-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12929300)
It looks like Gus knows about Nacho BTW.

He knows everything mang

KCTitus 06-23-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12929100)
This season was fantastic, even though the final 2 episodes were a bit of a slower crawl, and not a cliffhanger to cap it.

What I really was surprised and liked was towards the beginning of the season and Mike's game of cat and mouse. Over the course of 2 or 3 episodes, they managed to fill about 40 minutes of him investigating will barely a word of dialogue. Yet it was interesting and entertaining - at least from my perspective.

This show is fantastic, and even more refined than BB. The writing is tighter, and the storyline more focused. It's not a knock on BB. The previous work on BB I'm sure was necessary to the tighter writing and a knowing where exactly they want to take the storyline.

No cliffhanger? What about Chuck setting fire to his place while he's in it? I enjoy the show, but it's slow...slower than molasses and I guess that's because they need to drag it out to make it a going concern. First episode of season 3, shows 'Cinnabon' Saul giving up a thief then yelling 'Dont say a ****ing word! Get a lawyer!' and then no advance of that story line the entire season.

Sure, the lines between Saul and BB are getting closer, but it remains to be seen when Jimmy becomes Saul the lawyer, even though he started using the name to sell his commercials.

After 3 seasons, there's been little progress and at this point, I'm almost ready to give up and wait 5-6 years to watch it in a bit more quicker fashion. Watching 8-9 episodes every 12 months has become a bit tiresome.

Anyong Bluth 06-24-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 12929327)
No cliffhanger? What about Chuck setting fire to his place while he's in it? I enjoy the show, but it's slow...slower than molasses and I guess that's because they need to drag it out to make it a going concern. First episode of season 3, shows 'Cinnabon' Saul giving up a thief then yelling 'Dont say a ****ing word! Get a lawyer!' and then no advance of that story line the entire season.

Sure, the lines between Saul and BB are getting closer, but it remains to be seen when Jimmy becomes Saul the lawyer, even though he started using the name to sell his commercials.

After 3 seasons, there's been little progress and at this point, I'm almost ready to give up and wait 5-6 years to watch it in a bit more quicker fashion. Watching 8-9 episodes every 12 months has become a bit tiresome.

Chuck's demise didn't surprise me, or his method. They've signaled it all season & alluded to it previously in past seasons.

I'm not knocking the show. There's way too much good to quibble about how the season ended.

If anything, that's on AMC for not making the season more episodes.

notorious 06-24-2017 04:41 PM

AMC has a hard-on for making 12 episode seasons with a delay after the 6th episode.

Baby Lee 06-24-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12930248)
AMC has a hard-on for making 12 episode seasons with a delay after the 6th episode.

Did you just assume AMC's gender?!?!

frankotank 06-26-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12924595)
Is it just me, or do you feel the kicking of the table was too drawn out? I fail to see the purpose. Maybe if Chuck's condition had created ticks and spasms before (it always seemed to paralyze him), could I see the purpose behind the drawn out scene, but it felt like it was filler and served no other true purpose.

Bash away.

maybe the writers meant for some to pick up on this....OR....maybe I'm overthinking it...
I thought the first few kicks were him throwing a tantrum...then he notices the lantern is moving...then something clicks and he says **** it...now the kicks are no longer a tantrum....they have purpose...he has decided to end it...

Pennywise 06-26-2017 06:33 PM

And no episode tonight. Now Mondays suck again.

:deevee:

Mr. Plow 06-27-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12925286)
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/jFNjB"><a href="//imgur.com/jFNjB"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a vile pig!

Disgusting that she's let herself go like that.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2017 12:43 PM

http://deadline.com/2017/06/better-c...an-1202120837/

Officially Renewed For Season 4

mikeyis4dcats. 06-27-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12933719)

so much for the speculation that the delay was a multi-year deal

Buehler445 06-27-2017 01:31 PM

Excellent!

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12933767)
so much for the speculation that the delay was a multi-year deal

I'm not sure where that rumor originated but renewing BCS for Season 4 was a difficult decision for AMC because ratings slipped this year.

If it's flat or slips in Season 4, I think they call it a wrap.