ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311616)

CaliforniaChief 02-18-2018 09:13 AM

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...tuous-2017-him

Here's an excerpt: I wonder who he was talking about?!?!?!?

After getting little guidance from Royals players when he first came up, Duffy wants to help out younger teammates. He has taken 22-year-old left-hander Richard Lovelady, who's in his first big league camp, under his wing.

"We had an extreme lack of leadership from the players' standpoint when I was younger," Duffy said. "I'm not afraid to say that. I got worn out by six dudes that were in the corner of the clubhouse that I had more time than them combined in the big leagues.

"Hindsight is 20-20. You wish you'd popped one of them in the mouth, seriously. I should have punched one in the throat when I had the opportunity because, looking back, that's not right," he said. "I'm not going to name these guys' names as much as I'd like to. They're probably out playing slow-pitch softball right now. But I tell you what, everything comes around. We now have dudes in the clubhouse that can lead by example and try to lead the right way."

Strongside 02-18-2018 09:16 AM

One is Billy Butler. Guaranteed.

Jerok 02-18-2018 10:22 AM

I really want Dick Lovelady to be our guy. People all over would by that jersey

Prison Bitch 02-18-2018 10:34 AM

Why analyze how good the Padres/Royals are set up to be? That's so hard to know, esp over an 8 year time frame.

He went to SD because it's a kick ass place to live, probably. Nothing more.

T-post Tom 02-18-2018 10:55 AM

Welcome to the Hunter Dozier era.

Bowser 02-18-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13423346)
Welcome to the Hunter Dozier era.

Only if he is at third and Moose is at first. /puke

And can we PLEASE stop with the "Let's put Whit at first!" crap? Thanks in advance.

ChiefsCountry 02-18-2018 10:59 AM

I would bet the reasons for Hosmer going to San Diego is how the contract was structured. Royals probably had lower amounts in the beginning with no opt out clause and wouldn't go 8 years.

Chiefspants 02-18-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 13423282)
I really want Dick Lovelady to be our guy. People all over would by that jersey

He goes by Rich.

Chiefspants 02-18-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13423355)
I would bet the reasons for Hosmer going to San Diego is how the contract was structured. Royals probably had lower amounts in the beginning with no opt out clause and wouldn't go 8 years.

Reading between the lines on some of the national commentators, I wouldn't be surprised if the Royals matched the deal.

Kansas City has always felt too small for Hos. It is what it is.

T-post Tom 02-18-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13423352)
Only if he is at third and Moose is at first. /puke

And can we PLEASE stop with the "Let's put Whit at first!" crap? Thanks in advance.

Agree with no Whit at first. Pretty sure the Royals would never do that anyway. I imagine the Royals will go with Dozier at 1st and Cuthbert at 3rd. Assuming that the reports of Moose not wanting to come back are true.

Rasputin 02-18-2018 11:16 AM

Well **** guess I'll be a pretend Padres fan.

I hate seeing my favorite player go but now Patrick Mahomes II is my favorite player.

Will always think Eric Hosmer is the greatest baseball player of all time.

Prison Bitch 02-18-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13423361)
Reading between the lines on some of the national commentators, I wouldn't be surprised if the Royals matched the deal.

Kansas City has always felt too small for Hos. It is what it is.

Then why go to SD? Place is a baseball wasteland.

I suppose they may have sold him on SD being a Los Angeles suburb and he can get endorsements out there he can't get here. It's a dubious argument to me

Chiefspants 02-18-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13423398)
Then why go to SD? Place is a baseball wasteland.

I suppose they may have sold him on SD being a Los Angeles suburb and he can get endorsements out there he can't get here. It's a dubious argument to me

I think Hos will be all about that Cali-beach life.

Prison Bitch 02-18-2018 11:27 AM

That's my argument too

Pablo 02-18-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13423392)
Well **** guess I'll be a pretend Padres fan.

I hate seeing my favorite player go but now Patrick Mahomes II is my favorite player.

Will always think Eric Hosmer is the greatest baseball player of all time.

I suppose you should stick to football if that's how you feel about Hos.