ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Rockstar Teasing New Red Dead Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302903)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-25-2019 04:56 AM

There are literally infinite 3 star gators

Mecca 01-25-2019 05:35 AM

Hunting Gators is pretty easy...

Wait until the hunting challenge gives you the...kill 5 cougars with a bow. That is real fun.

Rasputin 01-25-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14053958)
Got the legends satchel...makes the game easier in that you can carry so many more items.

Upgrading the camp, getting trapper outfits and doing the challenges is still a pain.

These are my least most interested things to do in the game I can go forever and not go back to camp and i'm fine with that but I don't progress much in the game i just like random shit and hunting. Mostly I get bored with the story line and after chasing after a damned midget magician I was like **** this game I had to beat up a reerun then chase after a midget magician stupid ****ing shit right there.

I also hate having bounties out the ass I mean so what if I blew a guys head clean off with a sawed off shotgun?

I haven't played in over a month but not really missing it. My sex life has improved significantly so i'm not missing playing the game that much at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-25-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14071276)

Wait until the hunting challenge gives you the...kill 5 cougars with a bow. That is real fun.

Esp if you can't go to New Austin yet.

Sassy Squatch 01-25-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14071396)
Esp if you can't go to New Austin yet.

There's actually a pretty surefire way to spawn cougars. Got mine done in about 30 minutes when I figured it out.

CHENZ A! 02-15-2019 11:36 AM

Is anybody playing online (PS4) at all? Extra XP this week and next on free roam missions if you're in a posse. I'm trying to level up before all the new content drops.

I HAVE A PLAN

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02-16-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14071276)

That area north of that lake not far from Strawberry is good for this. Almost always a cougar there not far from the trapper.

Pointer19 02-16-2019 11:06 PM

If anybody has room in a posse, shoot me a text and add me on PSN.
Burner: 201-374-0405
PSN: RyanSixer

CHENZ A! 02-17-2019 10:48 AM

Pointer19- I sent you a friend request. Will probably be on later today.

CasselGotPeedOn 03-01-2019 06:36 PM

So I'm trying to finish up the challenges, and the herbalist 9 is pissing me the **** off. I need 1 ****ing herb, a spider orchid, and can't for the life of me find one. I've looked up where they're supposed to grow and I can't find the damn things. Oh yeah, and **** vanilla flowers. Everytime I think I might have found an orchid, it's a god damn vanilla flower.

kjwood75nro 03-02-2019 02:12 AM

The challenges have been a real bastard.

Already beat the game, then decided to start over with less emphasis on the story and more on exploration, hunting, challenges, and gold medals.

Can't ride dry from Van Horn to Blackwater in 17 minutes even during the epilogue, with the purchased max-bonded Arabian, so sure as hell won't be able to now.

Have to collect every plant, catch every fish, lucked into winning 3 dominos games in a row and 3 blackjack rounds by hitting 3+ times, but now have to win 3 poker hands in a row where nobody folds or can be bluffed.

Kill a opossum while it's playing dead which I had a chance but ****ed up by trying to shoot with a small game arrow (while attempting a previous challenge), but didn't kill it even at point blank range.

One-shot killing guys on horses with throwing knives which rarely works (killed 3 guys in 10 seconds having to throw twice at each).

A lovely game with more hours played than anyone should dedicate to anything, but gotdamn.

Sassy Squatch 05-16-2019 09:08 PM

Online is out of beta and finally worth playing now.

Dayze 05-17-2019 11:09 AM

I still need to finish the storyline. I finished it and got ot the part where Marston is on the farm with his family etc..
I was so worn out, and so pleased with the ending of the main story, I took a break. But i need to finish the last 10% or whatever is left.

ToxSocks 05-17-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14272993)
I still need to finish the storyline. I finished it and got ot the part where Marston is on the farm with his family etc..
I was so worn out, and so pleased with the ending of the main story, I took a break. But i need to finish the last 10% or whatever is left.

Heh me too.

Mecca 05-17-2019 12:19 PM

So a guy that I respect said after some time this game is a 5/10

His reasoning was.....graphics 10 out of 10, music 10 out of 10....storyline 7/10 because it copies a lot of the first Red Dead which is a great game but it's nothing new...and the Online is a terrible it's like a 2/10 so 5/10 overall.

New World Order 05-17-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14273103)
So a guy that I respect said after some time this game is a 5/10

His reasoning was.....graphics 10 out of 10, music 10 out of 10....storyline 7/10 because it copies a lot of the first Red Dead which is a great game but it's nothing new...and the Online is a terrible it's like a 2/10 so 5/10 overall.

LMAO

Iconic 05-17-2019 01:34 PM

Overall RDR2 was nice, but man this game was not worth the hype for me. Maybe it's because I got done playing The Witcher 3 right when RDR2 came out but it just felt like a super low quality RPG in comparison.

Sassy Squatch 05-17-2019 02:43 PM

It's a cowboy simulator with a really well done story. Gameplay itself really isn't that special unless you use auto aim.

ToxSocks 05-17-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14273225)
Overall RDR2 was nice, but man this game was not worth the hype for me. Maybe it's because I got done playing The Witcher 3 right when RDR2 came out but it just felt like a super low quality RPG in comparison.

Bleh. I couldn't get into Witcher 3. RDR2 was sooo much better imo. Loved every minute of it.

TinyEvel 07-08-2019 12:24 AM

Bump.

Finally got around to really PLAYING this game. almost done with chapter 6. Takes so much time for a married father of two. I think I'll hold onto it and whenI retire I will go hunt down all the cave drawings and cigarette cards and all that crap that takes forever.

I do keep running into people inc cities and en the trial when its late at night. I had a legendary Wolf on my horse, was trotting to the trader, and in the dark just flat our na over someone Ididn;t know was riding down the trial. It was near a town and the law was right there showed up and Send up in a shooting match and get killed. Lost the Legendary wolf, it was dead on the map so that was it. I had to go back to an earlier san and start over.

I also run over people in St. Denis all the time. get run out of town all the time. Hated it. Took one opportunity to just start blowing everyone away and cops for as long as I could. Ended up in a standoff on the edge of the swamp until I ran out of ammo and tonics.

Mecca 07-08-2019 04:29 AM

Cigarette cards is easy, you basically just discard all the ones you have and buy new packs, it costs money but can be done quickly.

Rasputin 07-08-2019 08:06 AM

This maybe one of the most disappointing games I've played. Maybe I just had too high hopes but I liked the first one.

All the tedious things you have to do and how is it you have to eat but never take a shit?

I liked roaming around doing my own thing and hunting but didn't care to do the missions or camp projects.

I ****ing donated way more than anyone else in camp.

Mecca 07-08-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14337924)
This maybe one of the most disappointing games I've played. Maybe I just had too high hopes but I liked the first one.

All the tedious things you have to do and how is it you have to eat but never take a shit?

I liked roaming around doing my own thing and hunting but didn't care to do the missions or camp projects.

The game is intended to take a long ass time to beat. The first one was also full of tedious things...also pretty sure all the camp stuffed is designed as an easy way to build honor.

Beef Supreme 07-08-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14337924)

What? There is no shitting simulator?
How am I supposed to be immersed?

KC_Lee 07-08-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14338410)
What? There is no shitting simulator?
How am I supposed to be immersed?

Feed your horse more. The more you feed your horse, the more it poops. This is an actual game mechanic and your problem is partially solved.

Imon Yourside 07-08-2019 02:35 PM

Rhykker(big blizzard youtube guy) says this is coming to PC. I would buy it for sure if true.

Fish 10-04-2019 01:07 PM

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING TO PC NOVEMBER 5TH

Today, we're proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, with special bonuses available to players who pre-purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher starting October 9th. We also want to say thank you to the millions of people who have already downloaded the Rockstar Games Launcher and received their free copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Pants 10-04-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14498760)
PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING TO PC NOVEMBER 5TH

Today, we're proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, with special bonuses available to players who pre-purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher starting October 9th. We also want to say thank you to the millions of people who have already downloaded the Rockstar Games Launcher and received their free copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Get hyped, Master Race!

hometeam 10-05-2019 05:36 PM

fiveM already committed to gta style 'rp server' setups

ThaVirus 12-03-2019 09:29 PM

So what's the consensus on this game?

Bit of a disappointment but still pretty good overall?

hometeam 12-04-2019 12:18 AM

ive got about 500 hours in it total. id say i got my moneys worth, on 2 platforms.

ToxSocks 12-04-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14632893)
So what's the consensus on this game?

Bit of a disappointment but still pretty good overall?

I wasn't disappointed. I had a blast playing it.

Dayze 12-04-2019 07:03 PM

I played the bejesus out of it.
I still have to finish the epilogue. But there’s just so much to do in the game. There were times all I wanted to do was just chill and drink some beer and hunt deer or catch a big fish. Other times play the storyline. Other times just go exploring.

Game is amazing visually, great story line. Awesome game. God damn game basically made me ****ing cry at one point LMAO. I’ll probably fire it up again after football season when it’s balls cold out here in KC and can’t do anything but stay indoors anyway.

Dayze 12-07-2019 12:19 PM

I finally finished the game yesterday. I hadn’t played it since January where I left off in the epilogue.
Took me another solid 8 hours to finish.

Now I’m debating on starting a new game and playing like a complete psycho , or seeing what else I can do now that the game is finished.

hometeam 12-21-2019 10:51 PM

im still playing it online, more missions, more shit, just a lot of different stuff to do and every once in a while bust some heads.

Fish 12-23-2019 03:30 PM

FYI... if anyone has been holding out on the PC version for a better price like I have, it's currently available from Epic games for $38. There's a 20% off sale right now, plus a $10 off coupon for a total of $37.99.

Yippee ki-yay, mother****ers!

Dayze 12-23-2019 03:34 PM

I need to hop on line with it and see how it is. I haven't played anything online since Battlefield 3, and that was my first online experience. It was a blast until boosters and hacks got into every match. but what a blast it was.

is RDR2 a series of single player missions online? Or are the missions to be performed with other online players?

hometeam 12-24-2019 02:24 PM

still playing even today, they are constantly adding stuff to online, doing a ch ristmas event right now its all snow everywhere, christmas games, bonuses and shit like minty pudding or whatever for wreckin people.

Good times.

Pablo 03-16-2020 07:26 PM

Welp, with no NCAA and my kid outta school for the next 3 weeks it looks like, I'm downloading this sucker right now. Missed the boat the first time around, but I'd guess there's no better time to hunker down and get lost in a vidja game.

Nixhex 03-17-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14846850)
Welp, with no NCAA and my kid outta school for the next 3 weeks it looks like, I'm downloading this sucker right now. Missed the boat the first time around, but I'd guess there's no better time to hunker down and get lost in a vidja game.

You chose wisely. This game is fantastic.

Dayze 03-17-2020 12:07 PM

yep.
I need to play it again, but completely opposite of how I played the first time.
thinking about playing as a raving lunatic.

side note, some of the Memes that were out the first few months of it's release were great.

Fish 03-17-2020 12:13 PM

This game was epic. Saved my sanity through the last few cold winter months. Would also like to do another playthrough, this time as a ruthless murdering outlaw. Just fight bounty hunters and murder everybody...

KC_Lee 03-17-2020 12:15 PM

Started another play through with the intention of getting 100%, still fun and enjoyable.

ThaVirus 03-17-2020 12:30 PM

It's $29.99 on PS Store until tonight. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger with all this expected time spent at home.. But I haven't even finished GTA V yet (among other games)!

KC_Lee 03-17-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14848342)
It's $29.99 on PS Store until tonight. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger with all this expected time spent at home.. But I haven't even finished GTA V yet (among other games)!

Do it, it's an awesome game.

eDave 03-17-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixhex (Post 14847899)
You chose wisely. This game is fantastic.

I can't stop and rob a stagecoach. :(. MOnths of trying.

I reloaded Thief - Deadly Shadows, imagining the plague is going on around me. Helps if you are super stoned.

The game is quite easy when you role play social distancing.

Fish 03-17-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14849318)
I can't stop and rob a stagecoach. :(. MOnths of trying.

I reloaded Thief - Deadly Shadows, imagining the plague is going on around me. Helps if you are super stoned.

The game is quite easy when you role play social distancing.

Dude... you just have to stop your horse in the road to make them stop the stagecoach, then rob or murder...

Pablo 03-17-2020 07:31 PM

Got my vodka drink and settling in for night two. Having fun so far. Off to rob a train.

Bill Brasky 03-20-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14848342)

Finish GTA V first. That game is so much fun.

ThaVirus 03-20-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 14854975)
Finish GTA V first. That game is so much fun.

Yeah, I actually bought RDR on the last day it was $29.99 on Wednesday. I'm fighting the urge and winning at this point- I haven't even booted it up yet.

I'm just going to commit to the main story in GTA V first and then I'll move over to RDR.

ThaVirus 03-30-2020 09:09 AM

OK, once I buckled down I was able to finish the main storyline for GTA pretty quickly.

Spoiler!

As for RDR2, I just started it a few days ago. First impressions: it looks fantastic and I have a lot of fun when I boot it up. It just has the feel of a game that's going to have an epic story. Also great to see my boy John Marston.

I will say is I forgot how annoying it is for someone as compulsive as I am to have to stop and loot every body you come across. Also, having to keep up with health, health core, stamina, stamina core, dead eye, dead eye core, horse health, horse health core, horse stamina and horse stamina core is already working my nerves.

TinyEvel 03-30-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14876496)
OK, once I buckled down I was able to finish the main storyline for GTA pretty quickly.

Spoiler!

Also, having to keep up with health, health core, stamina, stamina core, dead eye, dead eye core, horse health, horse health core, horse stamina and horse stamina core is already working my nerves.

Just keep a lot of stuff in your bag and on your horse and eat that stuff at the regular. Once you pick enough carrots and make regular trips to the store to buy and stow enough food and tonics you should always have plenty of that stuff on hand to keep yourself alive and in the action.

eDave 03-30-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14876496)

Spoiler!

As for RDR2, I just started it a few days ago. First impressions: it looks fantastic and I have a lot of fun when I boot it up. It just has the feel of a game that's going to have an epic story. Also great to see my boy John Marston.

I will say is I forgot how annoying it is for someone as compulsive as I am to have to stop and loot every body you come across. Also, having to keep up with health, health core, stamina, stamina core, dead eye, dead eye core, horse health, horse health core, horse stamina and horse stamina core is already working my nerves.

Not to freak you out or anything, but it plays into the story ending somewhat.

ThaVirus 04-06-2020 08:07 AM

This game is awesome.

I'll admit that I was annoyed af with some of the realism at first but now that I've put a handful of hours in I'm finding it to be pretty simple to keep track of my cores, clothing changes, etc.

The drunken bender with Lenny was ****ing hilarious, I'm liking the story thus far, the voice acting is top notch, and there is so. much. to do. in. this. game!

Mecca 04-06-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14889753)
This game is awesome.

I'll admit that I was annoyed af with some of the realism at first but now that I've put a handful of hours in I'm finding it to be pretty simple to keep track of my cores, clothing changes, etc.

The drunken bender with Lenny was ****ing hilarious, I'm liking the story thus far, the voice acting is top notch, and there is so. much. to do. in. this. game!

Lenny!

Dayze 04-06-2020 08:32 AM

we NEED a GOD DAMN PLAN

ThaVirus 05-04-2020 08:59 AM

Some of these challenges are a ****ing bitch.

I just got to the master hunter challenge where you have to kill 5 cougars with a bow. First of all, I've probably put 30 hours into this game and I've seen 2 cougars the whole time. Secondly, those ****ers are fierce. I'm probably going to have to hunt them with dynamite arrows or something.

ThaVirus 05-04-2020 09:04 AM

I've been trying to play this game clean by not looking anything up online in a walk through, but I've broken down quite a few times. It's particularly difficult finding the legendary animal locations. I was looking at that shoddy ass map I was given and it just is not very accurate. After I spent like 30 minutes riding around a ****ing barren winter wasteland and found myself at the top of a mountain, I broke down and looked for the actual location of the legendary white bison and it was like a 5 minute horse ride from me the entire time.

Ive noticed occasionally I'll ride through an area trying to find an animal, check the game map to see which location would be a good place to check, only to find the legendary animal is now marked on my map.. but I never found any clues or anything like that. So it's a bit weird.

I also cheated and searched where to find a better horse because I need it for these master horseman challenges. All I can find in the wild are shitty ass Kentucky Saddlers and Tennessee whatever-the-****s.

ThaVirus 05-04-2020 09:08 AM

What are the best handguns in the game?

I've gotten all of the pistols from the gunslingers as well as a few others. I actually just got the Mauser from Bronte and got that shit gold plated on some James Bond shit.

I've honestly found that the Cattleman Revolver fully upgraded is my strongest handgun and that's kind of lame. Of course I pimped my shit out a bit but I want an epic pistol I can't create myself.

Skyy God 05-04-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14951531)
I've been trying to play this game clean by not looking anything up online in a walk through, but I've broken down quite a few times. It's particularly difficult finding the legendary animal locations. I was looking at that shoddy ass map I was given and it just is not very accurate. After I spent like 30 minutes riding around a ****ing barren winter wasteland and found myself at the top of a mountain, I broke down and looked for the actual location of the legendary white bison and it was like a 5 minute horse ride from me the entire time.

Ive noticed occasionally I'll ride through an area trying to find an animal, check the game map to see which location would be a good place to check, only to find the legendary animal is now marked on my map.. but I never found any clues or anything like that. So it's a bit weird.

I also cheated and searched where to find a better horse because I need it for these master horseman challenges. All I can find in the wild are shitty ass Kentucky Saddlers and Tennessee whatever-the-****s.

That wild horse in the snowy north is dope.

The Franchise 05-04-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14951685)
That wild horse in the snowy north is dope.

This. Plus it’s in the same area as the legendary buffalo, I believe.

Skyy God 05-04-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14951742)
This. Plus it’s in the same area as the legendary buffalo, I believe.

That buffalo was a bitch to spawn.

KC_Lee 05-04-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14951545)
What are the best handguns in the game?

I've gotten all of the pistols from the gunslingers as well as a few others. I actually just got the Mauser from Bronte and got that shit gold plated on some James Bond shit.

I've honestly found that the Cattleman Revolver fully upgraded is my strongest handgun and that's kind of lame. Of course I pimped my shit out a bit but I want an epic pistol I can't create myself.

Volcanic Pistols are the best hand guns in the game. Combo them with express rounds.

Sassy Squatch 05-04-2020 11:57 AM

You can use any gun you want. Deadeye makes it all meaningless since it's so easy to get headshots.

ThaVirus 05-18-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14951531)
I've been trying to play this game clean by not looking anything up online in a walk through, but I've broken down quite a few times.

Ok, **** playing clean. This game is far too massive.

I found this sweet interactive map with all the goodies:

https://rdr2map.com

I've been using it to find the dinosaur bones and rock carvings.. some of those things, man. I'd spend 1000 hours in this game and not even find half of them naturally.

ThaVirus 06-17-2020 06:30 PM

Welp, I finished the main storyline. What a ****ing bummer. Probably an even worse feeling than the end of the first Red Dead.

Arthur Morgan easily became one of my favorite fictional characters.. wish we had more time with him.

CoMoChief 06-17-2020 06:56 PM

Game will look incredible on the new consoles. It already does now....it'll be like on steroids.

Really can't wait til GTA6 though. Heard its going to have some Vice City feel to it, involving Colombian/international drug running etc.

Fish 06-17-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15025254)
Welp, I finished the main storyline. What a ****ing bummer. Probably an even worse feeling than the end of the first Red Dead.

Arthur Morgan easily became one of my favorite fictional characters.. wish we had more time with him.

Yeah, the first time I played, I thought that was just depressing as hell. At the time I had no clue that I was even close to the end of the main storyline, since it still said something like 80% complete overall story. Arthur deserved better. LOL. There's a lot more stuff in the epilogue. But the start will piss you off. It did for me at least.

ThaVirus 06-17-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15025419)
Yeah, the first time I played, I thought that was just depressing as hell. At the time I had no clue that I was even close to the end of the main storyline, since it still said something like 80% complete overall story. Arthur deserved better. LOL. There's a lot more stuff in the epilogue. But the start will piss you off. It did for me at least.

I ended up choosing to help Marston get to safety. How about you? I watched a YouTube clip of how it ends when you choose to go back for the money.. and I'm glad I chose the former. Arthur at least had the chance to go out peacefully, watching the sunrise.

I hope I get my chance to kill that ****ing rat Micah in the epilogue.

The Franchise 06-18-2020 09:11 AM

Finally got back to playing this. I’m on chapter 4....on the mission to help the Native Americans.

Fish 06-18-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15025577)
I ended up choosing to help Marston get to safety. How about you? I watched a YouTube clip of how it ends when you choose to go back for the money.. and I'm glad I chose the former. Arthur at least had the chance to go out peacefully, watching the sunrise.

I hope I get my chance to kill that ****ing rat Micah in the epilogue.

**** no, my stupid greedy ass went for the money and then got slapped with the extra sad ending. Like I said, I didn't really think this was an end game decision. Worst part was that I had a ton of money already. **** Micah. Didn't realize I could get that angry at a video game character...

Fish 06-18-2020 09:53 AM

Something else that kinda bothered me in the game... 99% of the women were undeserving ****s. Arthur's ex who ****ed him over and left him for another man, comes back in his life pleading for help. Told her to piss off.

Sadie in the epilogue too. Don't be so ungrateful, woman.

ThaVirus 06-18-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15025952)
**** no, my stupid greedy ass went for the money and then got slapped with the extra sad ending. Like I said, I didn't really think this was an end game decision. Worst part was that I had a ton of money already. **** Micah. Didn't realize I could get that angry at a video game character...

LMAO I definitely thought about going back for the money, but ultimately figured getting John to safety was what Arthur would have wanted.

ToxSocks 06-18-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15025909)
Finally got back to playing this. I’m on chapter 4....on the mission to help the Native Americans.

Lucky. I wish i were still playing it for the first time 'round.

Game is excellent. I'm just not the "play it again" type.

ToxSocks 06-18-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15025970)
Something else that kinda bothered me in the game... 99% of the women were undeserving ****s. Arthur's ex who ****ed him over and left him for another man, comes back in his life pleading for help. Told her to piss off.

Sadie in the epilogue too. Don't be so ungrateful, woman.

Ikr. The realism in this game was outstanding.

Dayze 06-18-2020 06:21 PM

All the Red Dead games have been outstanding.

Meanwhile, EA can’t figure out a ****ing football game.

The Franchise 06-19-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15026686)
Lucky. I wish i were still playing it for the first time 'round.

Game is excellent. I'm just not the "play it again" type.

Yeah, I played up until Chapter 3 and then Borderlands 3 came out. With all the garbage that’s going on with that game....I’m taking a break until all of the DLCs are released to get back into it. Figured I’d finish up RDR2 and then play other games that I have waiting in my queue.

Mecca 06-19-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 15026732)
All the Red Dead games have been outstanding.

Meanwhile, EA can’t figure out a ****ing football game.

That is the difference in taking years to make something as opposed to being on about a 6 month cycle.

Madden is a cash cow, they make it to appeal to kids and young adults that just want to play MUT, it is not a NFL sim and isn't intended to be one.

keg in kc 06-19-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15027366)
Yeah, I played up until Chapter 3 and then Borderlands 3 came out. With all the garbage that’s going on with that game....I’m taking a break until all of the DLCs are released to get back into it. Figured I’d finish up RDR2 and then play other games that I have waiting in my queue.

I stopped at chapter 3 too, no idea why

ThaVirus 06-30-2020 02:44 PM

Well, shit. It's been probably 10 years since I last played RDR. I'm a fair bit into the epilogue now and did not make the connection that Blackwater and Beecher's Hope were the original setting for the first game. Very cool.

At one point after building the house I had to go find Uncle for a mission. He was out back behind the barn so I went in through the front door. Totally flashed back and realized that's the spot where Marston was gunned down. Tough shit.

On top of all that, I miss Arthur.