ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football A very rare sight Thursday night..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325047)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-12-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen (Post 14443949)
Ubeja, what are your thoughts on Steely Dan? They are my favorite band.

Steely Dan is a very unique experience. I like Steely Dan quite a bit.

Ubeja Vontell 09-12-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen (Post 14443949)
Ubeja, what are your thoughts on Steely Dan? They are my favorite band.

How could anyone not dig "Ricki Don't Lose That Number"? "Pretzel Logic" the best album they did in my opinion, but.....other than Becker and Fraser they were constantly in change, which hurts when thinking of a band.

As you know all the great bands have a unique sound, they can't be confused with anyone else, Steely Dan definately had a unigue song despite all the personel changes.

I own their Greatest Hits, did own Pretzel Logic made the mistake of loaning the record out.......

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-12-2019 07:57 PM

"Black Friday" is a lyrical roller coaster. A truly great jam.

Naptown Chief 09-12-2019 07:57 PM

Dukes of September-
Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, and Donald pillowbiteren..

Saw them several years ago while I was living in VA. I was 28 and my brother 26. I don't know that I saw anyone else there under the age of 50 :)

Naptown Chief 09-12-2019 07:58 PM

Lol Donald pillowbiteran..

Frazod 09-12-2019 07:59 PM

Man, watching other QBs really makes me appreciate Mahomes.

Imon Yourside 09-12-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14444005)
Man, watching other QBs really makes me appreciate Mahomes.

Are you saying you don't appreciate the 6-3 games at halftime?

Frazod 09-12-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14444014)
Are you saying you don't appreciate the 6-3 games at halftime?

Not even 10-6 games at halftime. :D

FlorentinePogen 09-12-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14443998)
"Black Friday" is a lyrical roller coaster. A truly great jam.

Hell yeah, Jeff Porcaro's drumming on that track is fantastic. Subtle, restrained, just right for the song. I miss that guy.

Edit: wooops, I meant Bad Sneakers, the next song on Katy Lied.

DJJasonp 09-12-2019 08:23 PM

Heh...how many times has Aikman called McCaffrey "smart" tonight???

Simply Red 09-12-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14443425)
REVEAL THYSELF, MULT!

it's pretty obvious - Hootie again

dlphg9 09-12-2019 09:07 PM

I kinda like this guy. He's not Cooper, I hated that guy. He's not trying to troll. He just has a different way of posting and different interests than most of you all. I believe he actually knows what he's talking about.

Montell, they're calling you Cooper because he was constantly acting like an expert on everything and googled everything. When he didn't know shit. But you do seem knowledgeable. Also youre showing that it's bothering you so they won't stop lol.

RealSNR 09-12-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14443437)
Cool, so what is your take on them Alabama blues pre 1940?

I research 19th century German music criticism and the Jewish diaspora among film composers in Hollywood during the 1930s-1950s.

Miss me with your gay shit.

Ubeja Vontell 09-12-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14444128)
I kinda like this guy. He's not Cooper, I hated that guy. He's not trying to troll. He just has a different way of posting and different interests than most of you all. I believe he actually knows what he's talking about.

Montell, they're calling you Cooper because he was constantly acting like an expert on everything and googled everything. When he didn't know shit. But you do seem knowledgeable. Also youre showing that it's bothering you so they won't stop lol.

Thank you.

I have this thing about origins. I have to know the history of those things that interest me. If it's the rasslin', there I am back in the "Strangler" Lewis days, if it's the KC Chiefs, then we are talking the Dallas Texans, if the NFL in general then it's 1920, and so on. It will take awhile before others get past this..."you Googled that"....and start, ya know this cat is legit, I know that.

As far as this Cooper thing goes, it's harmless silliness, no big deal.

Ubeja Vontell 09-12-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14444128)

Thank you.

I have this thing about origins. I have to know the history of those things that interest me. If it's the rasslin', there I am back in the "Strangler" Lewis days, if it's the KC Chiefs, then we are talking the Dallas Texans, if the NFL in general then it's 1920, and so on. It will take awhile before others get past this..."you Googled that"....and start, ya know this cat is legit, I know that.

As far as this Cooper thing goes, it's harmless silliness, no big deal. Like all these places we have some immature posters, I get that, so play along, as we know......oh stop that stop that........hahahaha~~~~