ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319010)

threebag 11-22-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909564)
Using an object to hit your kids is ****ed up. Maybe when someone is speeding the cop should just pull you out of your vehicle and hit you with a bat or when you are drunk and acting like an idiot you should be tazed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13909586)
How do you discipline your kids?
Posted via Mobile Device

He swallows them

Demonpenz 11-22-2018 04:08 PM

Everyone is just winging it and are full of shit. So for them to be some sort of all mighty judgement for their kids is laughable. I am fine with obvious stupid shit like breaking stuff or hitting another.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-22-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13909961)
false narrative.

You instill the fear of the CONSEQUENCES for their actions.

Same reason YOU play by the rules. A healthy fear of judgment/punishment is beneficial.

Some try to install ethical and moral principals instead of just fear. YMMV.

Demonpenz 11-22-2018 04:30 PM

Spanking or grounding or timeout is all better than nothing at all. Which seems to be the norm

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-22-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13910059)
Spanking or grounding or timeout is all better than nothing at all. Which seems to be the norm

I give my kids a AA spinebuster on a bed of barbed wire when they leave their bedroom door ajar.

-King- 11-22-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13910056)

I don't think it's just fear. To me, up until a certain age, reason and logic don't work. You can't explain to a kid why he shouldn't do something because they just can't comprehend the reason. Spanking them works in that situation. Because they learn that if they do X, there's an immediate consequence for it. Then when they're of age, they get to learn why they shouldn't do it.

And there's a difference between spanking and just beating/abusing your child to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 11-22-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13910062)
I don't think it's just fear. To me, up until a certain age, reason and logic don't work. You can't explain to a kid why he shouldn't do something because they just can't comprehend the reason. Spanking them works in that situation. Because they learn that if they do X, there's an immediate consequence for it. Then when they're of age, they get to learn why they shouldn't do it.

And there's a difference between spanking and just beating/abusing your child to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is a huge difference between spanking and beating.

I doubt Peterson understands the difference...

chinaski 11-22-2018 05:23 PM

She seemed like a nice enough lady in Rocky :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-22-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13910062)

Posted via Mobile Device

I understand, agree, and do spank my kids. However, I don't do so to instill fear. You're right that at an early age, operant conditioning is a substitute for logic.

stevieray 11-22-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13910056)

It's not an either/or proposition.

Spanking is the last resort to outright defiance. YMMV

stevieray 11-22-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13910061)
I give my kids a AA spinebuster on a bed of barbed wire when they leave their bedroom door ajar.

I used to tell my kids if they acted up @ School, I'd show up as FDE to pick them up.

Demonpenz 11-22-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13910084)
I used to tell my kids if they acted up @ School, I'd show up as FDE to pick them up.

hahahaha get the principle to announce that elvis has left the building

stevieray 11-22-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13910102)
hahahaha get the principle to announce that elvis has left the building

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-22-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13910084)

I approve this message.