ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

RealSNR 03-21-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12791959)
Rain man, since you're a newbie I'm gonna ask if you remembered to PM Direckshun.

Did you remember to PM Direckshun?

Reading is fun-duh-mental

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=123

RealSNR 03-21-2017 10:46 AM

Also, that's my bad on leaping too soon on the San Diego pick. I should have just let us skip over the Chargers. I'll definitely just take a chill pill next time.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12791963)
I did indeed. In fact, there was a small ceremony to mark the event where a young girl threw flower petals.

lol my bad thanks

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12791893)
No such thing as a reach if the player's a great fit and you won't get another shot at him (and you wouldn't have; I'm not sure he'd have made it past Denver's spot but I know he wouldn't have made it past SFs).

It's a muddy-ass middle that's built for trade-downs but a solid move in this kind of exercise.

Welp. That sounds familiar.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12791968)
Also, that's my bad on leaping too soon on the San Diego pick. I should have just let us skip over the Chargers. I'll definitely just take a chill pill next time.

You're fine. If it was past the 1st round....I'd have no problem with waiting. But that pick needed to be made. Shit...he isn't even here yet....so it would have ****ed up the mock even more, the longer he waited to pick.

staylor26 03-21-2017 11:19 AM

He supposedly read the PM last night and still didn't make the pick. Strange.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 11:19 AM

Only one pick away from BossChief winning the draft.

Rain Man 03-21-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12791949)
I probably would've gone edge rusher for them there but Trubisky is a solid value there as well.

My logic would be the same as it was with SF - that team SUCKS. Horribly. If you're a team that is at the top of this draft because of some bad luck and you still need a QB (i.e. the Jets), I think you can justify a reach because you may not be drafting that high next year.

Personally I'd be shocked if the Browns and 49ers aren't in the top 5 again next year and able to draft a QB again that's a higher ceiling guy than Trubisky. But with a 1st committed to him, they aren't going to move on so they're hamstrung a little (though I guess it could allow them a good trade-back similar to what TN did).

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12791957)
Hmm Rain man I'm not sure bout Mitchell.

He has been a browns fan for years so bringing a championship to Browns would be huge to him.

My problem with him is he couldn't beat QB out last year he is a one year wonder that worries me I would've taken Watson very underated.

If I went edge rusher, though, I'm giving up on Nate Orchard, who I still think has potential. He was a second-round pick two years ago, wrestled a starting job from Mingo at the end of his rookie season, and then went out for the year in Week 2 or something like that in 2016. I think he'll come back and be serviceable at a minimum.

And yeah, I really wanted to take Watson, but I figured Trubisky was a safer pick. We'll see if that plays out well or poorly.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12791999)
If I went edge rusher, though, I'm giving up on Nate Orchard, who I still think has potential. He was a second-round pick two years ago, wrestled a starting job from Mingo at the end of his rookie season, and then went out for the year in Week 2 or something like that in 2016. I think he'll come back and be serviceable at a minimum.

And yeah, I really wanted to take Watson, but I figured Trubisky was a safer pick. We'll see if that plays out well or poorly.

garrett plus ogbah is a very nice young tandem for the edge rush. Orchard has actually played the run a lot better than he has rushed the passer since being drafted. Carl Nassib also did pretty well when they went to a four man front (that they'll be running under williams) towards the end of last season. at this point after drafting garrett, orchard is the 4th or maybe 5th (behind Tyrone Homes) DE.

Rain Man 03-21-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12792017)
garrett plus ogbah is a very nice young tandem for the edge rush. Orchard has actually played the run a lot better than he has rushed the passer since being drafted. Carl Nassib also did pretty well when they went to a four man front (that they'll be running under williams) towards the end of last season. at this point after drafting garrett, orchard is the 4th or maybe 5th (behind Tyrone Homes) DE.

I was assuming that Orchard would stay at OLB. No?

staylor26 03-21-2017 11:43 AM

With Garrett and Ogbah, I think Cleveland is set at edge rusher (nice depth with Nassib and Orchard too). I love the Browns draft so far Rain Man!

Rain Man 03-21-2017 11:46 AM

I'm hearing that the Browns are shifting to a 4-3, so I'm assuming that their lineup would like something like this:

DE - Ogbah
DT - Meder
DT - Shelton
DE - Garrett (Nassib as backup)
OLB - Collins
OLB - Orchard
MLB - Kirksey (Davis as backup)

Does that look reasonable, clevesteve?

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12792032)
I was assuming that Orchard would stay at OLB. No?

That's not clear at this point... I'm not sure he's fast enough to play linebacker for Williams. The Browns are going full-on four man front now and, as you know, Orchard played DE at Utah, and the biggest knock on him was his athleticism. The hosts of the Browns' official radio show (though they are not given information directly from the organization) expect he will be considered a DE by the new staff. One of the guys is Matt Wilhelm, so it's not like it's just a couple of posers like us.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12792046)
I'm hearing that the Browns are shifting to a 4-3, so I'm assuming that their lineup would like something like this:

DE - Ogbah
DT - Meder
DT - Shelton
DE - Garrett (Nassib as backup)
OLB - Collins
OLB - Orchard
MLB - Kirksey (Davis as backup)

Does that look reasonable, clevesteve?

It's a possibility, I'm not sure it's settled yet. Most expect that the third linebacker will be Demario Davis, but it's just a guess at this point as I'm not sure Williams is sure yet what it will be. If I had to guess, I'd put it like this:

LE: Ogbah, Nassib
NT: Shelton, Meder
3T: Des Bryant, Cooper/Gabe Wright
RE: Garrett, Holmes/Orchard

SLB: Collins, Schobert
MLB: Davis, Carder
WLB: Kirksey, Dom Alexander

Direckshun 03-21-2017 12:06 PM

Ducking in to say that I know I'm on the clock. Give me 20 min.