ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What would you do if your neighbor.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200018)

OnTheWarpath15 01-10-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375173)
He turned it off last night. I am waiting to see how long this will last. I genuinely feel bad about it but **** it, he shoul dnever of put in such a bright light in the first palce.

Why the **** do YOU feel bad?

He's the one who gave no consideration to his neighbors when he installed that thing.

RNR 01-10-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373651)
All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey. You can do the math....

ROFL Plan B!

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5375191)
Why the **** do YOU feel bad?

He's the one who gave no consideration to his neighbors when he installed that thing.

Oh, I don't know....certain feeling of selfhishness I guess? I know I am in the right but I guess it is like spanking your child...you know it is for the best but you really wish you didn't have to do it. :shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375200)
Oh, I don't know....certain feeling of selfhishness I guess? I know I am in the right but I guess it is like spanking your child...you know it is for the best but you really wish you didn't have to do it. :shrug:

I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.

Dave Lane 01-10-2009 03:01 PM

We know you are a big disk why not ask if they will turn it out at certain times? Like before 10 oclock or something. And lets see a pic to be sure

petegz28 01-10-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 5375848)
We know you are a big disk why not ask if they will turn it out at certain times? Like before 10 oclock or something. And lets see a pic to be sure

dude you are like way late to the game... Talked to him, gave Oz a link to pic..though the pic does ltitle justice.....apprecciatet the advice though :)

petegz28 01-10-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5375709)
I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.

I told him yesterday if he could wait until 10:00 to turn it on I will deal with the bedroom window. I am more irked about the dining room and deck.

Skip Towne 01-10-2009 03:53 PM

Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5375965)
Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.

No, a huge fight could result.

petegz28 01-10-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5375978)
No, a huge fight could result.

Man GFY, Zach.. I get your point..you think I'm a pussy who hides behind a keyboard. Good for you. As you call people a coward from behind your keyboard.

petegz28 01-10-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5375965)

Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.

kstater 01-10-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375998)
Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.

I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.

petegz28 01-10-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5376167)
I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.

nlm

petegz28 01-10-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5375709)

Yea, depending on what he does in the long run, I figured I would thank him. Though as some said, he did ask for it by puttin git up in the first place.

And just to correct some people, not you particularly, I did NOT engage the Police. It was never my intention to engage the Police and I stopped it before the Police got involved. I merely entered a complaint to the city as I did feel a dick move deserved something of a dick move in return. Some agree with that, some don't.

The city for some reason says this is one code that has to be enforced by the Police and therefore I thought better to have the face to face.

Still part of me would of liked to of seen him get a fine just for doing it in the first place. But, I am a dick too so...anyhow, hopefully things will work out and he can have his "dimmer" light and I can have dinner and a nice evening on my deck without wearing blinders myself. :)

Now we can go back to Zach calling people keyboard commandos and calling people cowards from behind the safety of his keyboard. LMAO

Saul Good 01-10-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375998)

Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.